Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 05:01:57 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why some ICO required KYC?  (Read 435 times)
YuginKadoya
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1169

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:22:12 PM

This is now required while some ICO would surely scam anybody they would first provide information about the project and the people behind it, That is why they should know their client or customer so they will not get scam by that certain ICO, We can never know what ICO are legit or not and we should be aware and prepared for it.
zpopdream

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:35:51 PM

Companies need KYC to make the crowdsale process transparent and legitimate.
Actually I believe that when a project requires it, it's more trustworthy
Julunguul

Activity: 473
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
May 04, 2018, 12:41:27 PM

Because after ICO Tokens Can be buy anyone without submitting any KYC  Huh Huh
Totally confusing this process  Roll Eyes

some people are more interested in cheaper prices and also because it is supported by a project that thinks "this is a promising project" or at least like that. when the token listing in the market, we do not know the initial price, whether the price will go up or will be many dumper who prefer hit & run

on the part of the company, KYC is useful to avoid any fake users or some of their reasons such as avoiding money laundering and so on
Raline

Activity: 315
Merit: 17

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:47:57 PM

there are a lot of ways for making money one method is to steal other people's identity and documents and sell it on the dark market. these ICOs are currently gathering cryptocurrency users information and creating a database from them which then they will sell elsewhere and make some money from doing so.
if that's one of the reasons why most ICOs need KYC, I think it's a misuse of the identity of others, it's so sad
warning_btc

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:50:40 PM

One of the reason control that one investor not buy more than limited tokens on ICO

thanhhoian2016

Activity: 252

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:52:36 PM

Because they do not want people enrolled in the program to be virtual people, many join the ICO with more goals like earning more commissions and this will make ICOs more difficult.
bolbau

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 12:56:09 PM

KYC is intended as a formality of procedures required for corporate management, both to facilitate the data collection of each investor who follow ICO as well as a form of transparency for both users and companies. KYC is also sometimes required for legal legality within a country, to avoid the use of digital assets for other criminal and illegal acts. I agree that KYC is sometimes little bit confusing, but it will all be easy if you follow the process as directed.
samantadegrenet

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:02:56 PM

The reasons are many; register investors, identify them, make sure that the maximum amounts possibly provided by the ICO are respected, know the counterparty adequately also for anti-money laundering.
cpoer2011

Activity: 560
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:06:00 PM

KYC or Known Your Customer need to implement to join the  ICO so the participants it is the real people, not fakes. For this purpose, I agree with it. Thanks
mickeybuddy27

Activity: 429
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:10:54 PM

KYC or Known Your Customer need to implement to join the  ICO so the participants it is the real people, not fakes. For this purpose, I agree with it. Thanks
KYC is for the safety of the ICO in order to secure it and avoid any kind of fraud and scams. It is great to be required for the investors of each ICO but do not for the bounty participants because not all participants has a valid document to be sent for the verification which make us nothing to earn and your effort gonna be not worth.

boblets243

Activity: 112

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:14:01 PM

ICO requires KYC to validate the actual identity and residency of the of the investors. They want to check if the source of funds are legitimate. So ICOs goal is to do the business with legitimate people.For bounty participants it ia a one way to check for multiple accounts.
Odelkaleng

Activity: 80

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:18:56 PM

This is a new way to reduce existing cheats. And to verify everyone who follows the ICO. I think KYC also adds security for ICO participants.
Dexion

Activity: 812
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:23:27 PM

I think it's just to know the identity only, to maintain the security and also the rules of the forum, so with KYC, the team can recognize the identity of each participant.

I agree with the KYC system, but if more people feel harmed by the KYC system, then I should follow the majority.

hoavantathan

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:35:58 PM

i think those companies wanna control illegal activities. they need to know extacly who are investor and where they're from.
JoseJoseJose

Activity: 138
Merit: 4

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 01:51:29 PM

Know your client system was now required in some bounty campaign but i totally dont agree in that. You can give tokens to participants without it. This KYC was giving the participants doubt about the project because KYC require personal information but not all participants dont care about our info. We also care for our security.
VitKoyn

Activity: 490
Merit: 106

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 06:44:50 AM

Some ICO are required to comply with KYC policy, depending on the rules of the SEC of the country where they are doing this crowd funding, if the government does not have any rules or law about it yet, then any ICOs that will start on that country can do a crowd funding without complying with KYC. Personally I don't like the idea of this, giving your personal information to those developers of the project, you'll never know but there's a chance that those information will get leaked and putting yourself on risk. I mean, this is good for ICOs because they will get an approval to make a crowd sale by doing this but for all investors this will just add to the risks, so for me it is very unnecessary.
Wexnident

Activity: 2562
Merit: 666

I don't take loans, ask for sig if I ever do.

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:27:44 AM

KYC= Know Your Customer is one of the criteria signed by the ICO initiator companies during their registrations. Apart from the need to comply with the regulators, the companies need to stand clean before any jurisdiction. If the ICO is over, the whole burden of KYC is lifted off their shoulders and then to the exchanges.
This rule is useful to avoid bad things, in addition to preventing financial abuse KYC also ensure the security of investors. staying safe and comfortable in investing is mutually beneficial
That was all true, it really serves as a security not to only investors and also for all of us. In this way we can also verify or distinguish if someone has a tendency to steal or hacked our profile. It also preventing using a duplicate account of one person which is consider as abusing of financial. I'll really appreciate this because it is really help to us to have a clean and worth it workplace.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Cinemo

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:36:09 AM

ICO have or needed to create your own KYC, in the first place you should know the meaning of KYC. ( Know Your Customer ) in this case you will passed some valid copies of your I'd including passport and drivers licence. so they know you are human not a bot. cause some of bounty hunters and ICO members was controlled by computers.
sijonru

Activity: 461
Merit: 17

🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 07:53:35 AM

The KYC system is to find out the identity of ico participants, as many participants follow ico with multiple accounts, so with a KYC system, each ico attendee can only follow ico with only one account, because each account must send its real identity, and I think it's good to reduce participants who use multiple accounts.

celakkenyang

Activity: 210
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 07:57:36 AM

Because there are some countries that prohibit buying coin or participating in the purchase of cryptocurrency such as usa and china so that in every purchase of tokens require KYC in order not to violation.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: