Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:14:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Big thanks to Dave, at 'walletrecoveryservices'  (Read 2738 times)
BlackShadowX1 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 03:33:34 PM
Last edit: November 30, 2013, 08:38:02 PM by BlackShadowX1

I forgot my password to my Bitcoin wallet the other day, so I set about in desperation to find out if it was possible, to get it unlocked; I had (4.5 Coins) In this wallet, and Bitcoin prices were surging.

After reading other recommendations online,I came across ‘walletrecoveryservices.com ’, I then went to the official website and started following the instructions, I was working through them when I suddenly encountered a problem the (Pywallet.py dumpwallet) was not working via the ‘CMD’ on my computer.

I sent Dave an E mail telling him the problem, he then responded and suggested that I could send him the full (Walet.dat) File Instead of just the (Safe part), now I did not have much choice at this point, I could either just leave it unlocked or take a chance and send it to some person, who I have never met before.

With out trying to insult the guy, I explained that this was not only my investment but also my family’s, to is reply “I won’t scam you” ...So rather nervously I took the risk and sent it to him, with suggestions what I thought my password might be, within Aprox 24Hrs, he replied back telling me he had took a charge for cracking the password and left the remaining amount in my wallet.

Now I’ve have took the time to write this because reputation is important here for businesses like this and the Bitcoin community, Dave could quite easily have stole all my money, never to be seen again.

I would like to take the time to not only commend the honesty shown here but also recommend him to other people in the future.

Thanks Dave.

19HaxYMNxaxATvyqh7P9pojvF8omdyzAAE
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitcoinminer

Activity: 322
Merit: 252

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 04:54:45 PM

Great!  Everybody send your wallet.dat to this person.  Someone with 5 posts said it's legit.

Be fearful when others are greedy, and greedy when others are fearful.

-Warren Buffett
BlackShadowX1 (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:08:48 PM

You do know that someone can edit a wallet.dat file into a watch-only wallet.dat which means that he can secretly take off with your money and you won't know until you went and spent it.

Also your wallet.dat shouldn't be in the hands of anyone else.

I know this guy is a sock, but I want to let the other newbies know how much of a scam it is.

I've already sent some of my coins, that he kindly returned back to me into a new wallet,as a safety precaution, I've also invested the rest of in into Alt currency's, none of that would have been possible, if he had fleeced me for my 4.5 coins, I like to see how many folks would have done this for me, in the same situation.

jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3122
Merit: 4271

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:11:23 PM

I believe the leader in this space is walletrecoveryservices.com

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
Censorship of e-gold was easy. Censorship of Bitcoin will be… entertaining.
BlackShadowX1 (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:24:30 PM

Great!  Everybody send your wallet.dat to this person.  Someone with 5 posts said it's legit.

No I never recommended in sending the full (Walet.dat) File to anyone, but you can send part of one, without revealing important information, if you've forgot your password,the only thing I recommended was the service he provided in dealing with me...'Honesty'.
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:29:06 PM

I believe the leader in this space is walletrecoveryservices.com

nice

BlackShadowX1 (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:32:34 PM

@jojo69

Yes that's who I used, I've changed the name in my original post, to the guys official website name.
walletrecoveryservices

Activity: 89
Merit: 21

View Profile WWW
November 30, 2013, 08:43:00 PM

@jojo69

Yes that's who I used, I've changed the name in my original post, to the guys official website name.
Thanks very much for the endorsement.
I am very pleased to have helped you regain your funds.
Regards,
Dave
walletrecoveryservices.com

Providing Cryptocurrency Wallet, Password and Seed Recovery Services since 2013
dsattler
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 08:55:38 PM

No I never recommended in sending the full (Walet.dat) File to anyone, but you can send part of one, without revealing important information, if you've forgot your password,the only thing I recommended was the service he provided in dealing with me...'Honesty'.

I'm glad you have your coins back!  Cheesy

How much did he charged you for opening the wallet? How long did it take?

Bitcointalk member since 2013! Smiley
BlackShadowX1 (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:09:30 PM

@dsattler

"I'm glad you have your coins back!  Cheesy
How much did he charged you for opening the wallet? How long did it take?"

I think he E mailed me the following day with my Password, so say 24Hrs, he charged me 20% of my wallet.
pand70

Activity: 476

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:11:39 PM

I don't understand. What exactly that guy dave recovered? The wallet wasn't encrypted right?

BlackShadowX1 (OP)

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:16:10 PM

Thanks very much for the endorsement.
I am very pleased to have helped you regain your funds.
Regards,
Dave
walletrecoveryservices.com

No problems mate Grin, thanks for be honest.
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:17:18 PM

I don't understand. What exactly that guy dave recovered? The wallet wasn't encrypted right?

it probably was

what this guy seems to do is take any information you DO remember about your passphrase and uses that to configure a targeted brute force

unless it is a very elaborate hoax or a long con he seems to be doing it honestly and successfully, there have been several threads where people seem to have got their money

This is not some pseudoeconomic post-modern Libertarian cult, it's an un-led, crowd-sourced mega startup organized around mutual self-interest where problems, whether of the theoretical or purely practical variety, are treated as temporary and, ultimately, solvable.
eternaluniverse

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:19:42 PM

Its definitely a business people should get into there are tons of people whom are locked out of their wallets. But If I was Dave and I was dealing with a 500,000 dollar US wallet, IDK...
vpitcher07

Activity: 342

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:21:11 PM

This is the definition of sketchy....

Bitcoin: The currency of liberty
1HBJSf3Lm9i8KxjZ7fuoN9FJ8hniniFbv4
JTrain_51

Activity: 84

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:22:34 PM

Lol

But I do believe he made an thread not to long ago about this problem and someone recommended his service
jojo69
Legendary

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:25:30 PM

This is the definition of sketchy....

obviously the hoax or long con is always a possibility

but there is certainly money to be made if someone can develop a reputation for performing this service reliably

believe it or not, there are some honest actors in the bitcoin ecosystem

shawshankinmate37927

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin: The People's Bailout

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:34:19 PM

I forgot my password to my Bitcoin wallet the other day, so I set about in desperation to find out if it was possible, to get it unlocked; I had (4.5 Coins) In this wallet, and Bitcoin prices were surging.

Do you mind sharing with us the addresses that the 4.5 BTC were in?

"It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."   - Henry Ford
flatfly
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1011

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:39:29 PM

Before blindly shooting Dave, do some research on what his service is about and the way he operates.
It's legit.

My main address: 1337sfeChyyzZLzdHLewXzcaAaJSNTM893.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4564
Merit: 1276

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 10:06:06 PM

Before blindly shooting Dave, do some research on what his service is about and the way he operates.
It's legit.

These days I always start out by seeing if a domain name is obscured, and seeing if I can easily identify the principle parties as individuals.  People who don't try to hide this information probably have less of an intention of running off with customer's funds in the future, and it seems empirically to be one of the more reliable methods of gauging a propensity to scam these days.

I would not expect someone running a wallet recovery service to have a very compelling need to remain anonymous.  The customer values they are holding at any given time should normally be low and unpredictable.

I've no need to utilize such a service and not expectation that I will (I can solve corruption problems as well as anyone if I need to learn, and my critical passwords are uncrackable) so I'm not going to bother to check up on this service.  But it would be interesting none-the-less.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: