Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 09:38:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: cgmon - mining monitor for Linux - auto restart, reboot, sick gpu, ASIC, &more  (Read 48246 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jdape (OP)

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 03:46:24 PM

zubuxx,

Sounds like you got it figured out.  If not let me know.

I think the config section could use some more clarifying because the $mine_for "litecoin" option is confusing.

Fork Networking - VPS, Colocation, Dedicated Servers for Bitcoin & Litecoin. Since 1994! www.forked.net
zubuxx

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:26:13 PM

zubuxx,

Sounds like you got it figured out.  If not let me know.

I think the config section could use some more clarifying because the $mine_for "litecoin" option is confusing.

yep its working properly thx for your support and this saving savings Smiley script
MrBobC

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:15:33 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 05:35:48 PM by MrBobC

I seem to keep getting e-mail notifications that accepted shares haven't been seen in almost 10,000 seconds.  So I upgraded the script, and I modified it so when it sends that e-mail there was another word on the end of it.  That word doesn't appear in my e-mail or in the cgmon.log file.  Every 2 minutes though, I get an e-mail.  It's like it's left over from the previous version of the script.  I even deleted the cgmon.tcl and cgmon.log files.  I kept it active in /etc/crontab and I magically am still getting e-mails despite crontab referencing a script that doesn't exist.  How can I make this stop?

Fixed it!  It was on a different computer where I didn't change the from e-mail address.  Tongue
pouyaye

Activity: 49

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:55:39 PM

Can I use it in Mac OSX?

how can I build one for osx?

thanks
miner777

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:31:53 AM

Hi, I am setting up cgmon in SMOS.   I think the last thing I need to do is set the parameters below for "set cgminer_path" correctly:

# this is required only if your cgminer_exec binary is NOT installed in your $mining_user's PATH (i.e. /usr/bin/)
# example:  /home/user/cgminer-3.1.1/       (must end with a '/')
set cgminer_path ""

Does anyone know what this path is on SMOS?   SMOS does run off BAMT.
indie22

Activity: 1

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:45:21 AM

Thanks for writing this script.

I have a question regarding usage with BAMT. Are people integrating this with the BAMT mine start/stop script at all? After reading the thread a couple times I am not clear on this aspect.

I would like to use cgmon to do the actual monitoring of cgminer and carry out the necessary tasks for sick/dead/low hashrate scenarios, but continue to use the BAMT start/stop scripts for management of the miner.

Thanks for any insight.
scryptactical

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 06:40:29 PM

just sent you 10 coins big boy. Thanks Jdape!
jdape (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 02:36:02 AM

Can I use it in Mac OSX?

how can I build one for osx?

thanks

Yes, it should work in OSX (I just fixed one small issue for OSX.  Try the latest  version.)  Everything needed is already installed.  Just follow the instructions at the top of the script.

Fork Networking - VPS, Colocation, Dedicated Servers for Bitcoin & Litecoin. Since 1994! www.forked.net
jdape (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 02:36:25 AM

Wow!  Confirmed.  Thank you! Smiley

miner777

Activity: 26

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:48:21 AM

Wow!  Confirmed.  Thank you! Smiley
Hey there!  I have cgmon installed. And I can run it manually, check the log and the manual run is logged. However, it will not run via cron. I have set up the cron as:

* * * * *        root     /home/cgmon.tcl

My cgmon file is located in /home.   So I feel that I have done everything right. But for some reason the cron is not running.  Btw I am using BAMT.  I would sincerely appreciate any help I could get.
jdape (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 05:18:26 PM

Hey there!  I have cgmon installed. And I can run it manually, check the log and the manual run is logged. However, it will not run via cron. I have set up the cron as:

My cgmon file is located in /home.   So I feel that I have done everything right. But for some reason the cron is not running.  Btw I am using BAMT.  I would sincerely appreciate any help I could get.

Have you made sure cron is actually running on your system?  If so try adding
Code:
>/dev/null 2>&1
to the end of your cgmon cron config.

funkycold

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 12:17:55 AM

Have you made sure cron is actually running on your system?  If so try adding
Code:
>/dev/null 2>&1
to the end of your cgmon cron config.

Hi Jdape....Im enjoying the newer versions of cgmon so far (01b16)!

a quick bug report:

1) The rebooting of the rig if hasrate or pool is not communicating is a great thing. Only i did experiment it and i found that if the internet connection is not back after the reboot it will keep trying to reboot sgminer instead of rebooting the rig. Wouldn't it be better to reboot the rig, in case it has an issue?

2) I dont put the /dev/null 2>&1 at the end of the cronjob and it works. Just thought i'd mention it

3) Is it possible to add a scrypt (optional to user) to reboot the rig once in a while. Im not sure about this, but is it possible that we are stuck on old shares? Ive noticed i am more productive when i reboot the rig once in a while. Maybe rebooting the rig 3-4 times a day isn't a bad idea, considering Ubuntu takes less than a minute to reboot.

Thx again!
aMasheep

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 08:01:24 AM

Hey, I am also having a problem getting this to work properly.
When I try to launch cgmon.tcl it gives me this error:
Code:
miner@miner:~$ sudo sh cgmon.tcl
cgmon.tcl: 27: cgmon.tcl: Syntax error: "(" unexpected

This is currently how my crontab file looks:
Code:
SHELL=/bin/sh
PATH=/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin

# m h dom mon dow user  command
17 *    * * *   root    cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.hourly
25 6    * * *   root    test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.daily )
47 6    * * 7   root    test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.weekly )
52 6    1 * *   root    test -x /usr/sbin/anacron || ( cd / && run-parts --report /etc/cron.monthly )
#
*/2 * * * *     root    /home/miner/cgmon.tcl >/dev/null 2>&1

And here is a link to my edited version of the cgmon.tcl
http://pastebin.com/xLzhYvpC

I'd apprecciate all and any help. Thank you.
SlipperySlope

Activity: 686
Merit: 501

Stephen Reed

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:12:53 AM

Try changing line 27 in your tcl script.

Code:
set pool(address1) "maxpool.1gh.com:17333"

The scrypt assumes the stratum pool protocol.
pikapika_doge

Activity: 11

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:19:36 AM

Can someone please tell us a brief guide how to use Cgmon?

I am a total newbie to Linux and i use ltcrabbit OS (it is written BAM everywhere) from usb.

What is this tcl file? And how will i use it?

Does CG mon has a Graphical Interface?
Does it have auto intensity to drop gpu heat?
Does it have any control over gpu fans? (Because my gpu fans jumps %100 and it stays %100 even if i stop cgminer)

Thanks in advence.

Briefly we need a simple user guide as  newbies
aMasheep

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 10:37:14 AM

Code:

Thanks, I'll try this ASAP when I get home :3
aMasheep

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 02:47:30 PM

Unfortunately, It did not work. Still getting the same exact error. Might it be that it doesn't expect a "(" and that I should mod the code so it doesn't have any ( on that line? I guess I could do that.
aMasheep

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:50:51 PM

Code:

Thanks, I'll try this ASAP when I get home :3

This wasn't my problem as stated in the last post. I found the problem though.

When I ran it, I used
Code:
sudo sh cgmon.tcl
But I should use
Code:
sudo chmod +x cgmon.tcl
./cgmon.tcl

But thanks for the help Smiley
jdape (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2014, 05:44:04 PM

Hi Jdape....Im enjoying the newer versions of cgmon so far (01b16)!

a quick bug report:

1) The rebooting of the rig if hasrate or pool is not communicating is a great thing. Only i did experiment it and i found that if the internet connection is not back after the reboot it will keep trying to reboot sgminer instead of rebooting the rig. Wouldn't it be better to reboot the rig, in case it has an issue?

Thanks for the report!

Maybe.  If one reboot didn't fix it, is another going to?  We probably don't want a rig to keep rebooting over and over.

3) Is it possible to add a scrypt (optional to user) to reboot the rig once in a while. Im not sure about this, but is it possible that we are stuck on old shares? Ive noticed i am more productive when i reboot the rig once in a while. Maybe rebooting the rig 3-4 times a day isn't a bad idea, considering Ubuntu takes less than a minute to reboot.

Thx again!

You can use a shell script like this:
Code:
#!/bin/sh
/sbin/shutdown -r now

Pop that in a file, chmod +x it, then add it to /etc/crontab to reboot every so many hours.

rorbit

Activity: 34

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 09:39:40 PM

Hi,

if I add the following to the end of the cgminer command in cgmon-mine.sh shouldn't it capture the output?

2>> ~/log/_cgminer_log.txt

I want to be able to track whenever a pool failover happens.

This creates the log file but nothing is written to it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: