Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:43:39 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: cgmon - mining monitor for Linux - auto restart, reboot, sick gpu, ASIC, &more  (Read 48246 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jdape (OP)

Activity: 269
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 06:08:47 PM

Can you please paste the contents of /tmp/accepted_count

Code:
bomberb17@bomberb17-ltcminer:~$ cat /tmp/accepted_count
1127 1397104922
1151 1397104922
1146 1397104922

I have restarted my rig and now cgmon works ok again.
However I have seen cgminer hanging many times without cgmon catching it, and I suspect that this "bug" (which happens once in a while) is the reason.

Sounds like it.  There's only so much we can do in this case.  You could try running sgminer instead.  It's a fork of later version of cgminer, with scrypt support.

Fork Networking - VPS, Colocation, Dedicated Servers for Bitcoin & Litecoin. Since 1994! www.forked.net
freskhu

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 08:56:35 PM

is there any way to add a feature?
If the card's temp goes to specific temperature it stops mine for like 5 minutes than reboot! this can be turn on or off!
jdape (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 14, 2014, 01:20:01 AM

is there any way to add a feature?
If the card's temp goes to specific temperature it stops mine for like 5 minutes than reboot! this can be turn on or off!

That would not be difficult to add.  Perhaps a donation would provide some motivation to make it happen Smiley

Fork Networking - VPS, Colocation, Dedicated Servers for Bitcoin & Litecoin. Since 1994! www.forked.net
Coinstron

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 12:15:52 PM

Hi! tnx for great script!
but it is very sad to see this on my rig at mornings

Mar 03 20:00:02 bamt-miner - cgmon 1.0.8 - sgminer running and all GPUs healthy.
Mar 03 20:02:01 bamt-miner - cgmon 1.0.8 - sgminer running and all GPUs healthy.
Mar 03 20:04:03 bamt-miner - cgmon 1.0.8 - sgminer running and all GPUs healthy.
Mar 03 20:06:11 bamt-miner - sgminer is not responding.  Rebooting.
Mar 03 20:06:21 bamt-miner -
Mar 03 20:08:44 bamt-miner - sgminer not running, starting via this command:
Mar 03 20:08:44 bamt-miner - /opt/miners/sph-sgminer/sgminer --api-listen   -c /opt/miners/sph-sgminer/sgminer.conf
Mar 03 20:08:45 bamt-miner - sgminer started successfully.  Use 'screen -r' to attach to sgminer and Control-a-d to detach.
Mar 03 20:10:01 bamt-miner - sgminer not running, starting via this command:
Mar 03 20:10:01 bamt-miner - /opt/miners/sph-sgminer/sgminer --api-listen   -c /opt/miners/sph-sgminer/sgminer.conf
Mar 03 20:10:02 bamt-miner - sgminer failed to start.  Try running the mining command above to find the error.  Also, double check your GPU options.
Mar 03 20:12:01 bamt-miner - sgminer not running, starting via this command:
Mar 03 20:12:01 bamt-miner - /opt/miners/sph-sgminer/sgminer --api-listen   -c /opt/miners/sph-sgminer/sgminer.conf
Mar 03 20:12:02 bamt-miner - sgminer failed to start.  Try running the mining command above to find the error.  Also, double check your GPU options.
Mar 03 20:14:01 bamt-miner - sgminer not running, starting via this command:
Mar 03 20:14:01 bamt-miner - /opt/miners/sph-sgminer/sgminer --api-listen   -c /opt/miners/sph-sgminer/sgminer.conf
Mar 03 20:14:02 bamt-miner - sgminer failed to start.  Try running the mining command above to find the error.  Also, double check your GPU options.

sometimes X is not starting after reboot and cgmon restart sgminer in endless cycle. maybe rebooting rig after N failed starts will be good solution?

I bet there's an error in your .conf file.  What happens when you run the command manually?

Code:
/opt/miners/sph-sgminer/sgminer --api-listen   -c /opt/miners/sph-sgminer/sgminer.conf

Are you running as root or another user?  Could also be a permissions issue.  Either way, running it by hand should show the problem.

Hi!
.conf is ok, rig on default BAMT with another mining software (sgminer). Problem occurs when X.org does not start automatically (sometimes it happens) at boot (and AMD driver not working). You can try this sutuation. Sgminer exiting and return nothing. If X.org running, everything works well.
jdape (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 05:45:43 PM

Perhaps you can fix your X.org startup problem?  Sounds like that would make it work reliably.

eddible

Activity: 6

View Profile
April 17, 2014, 07:18:10 AM

I'm a little confused by the config script. Why does it need my sgminer settings? All I want the script for is to reboot the machine now and again if a card goes sick, once it has rebooted, it's already set up to restart mining automatically so I don't need the script to do anything else. Can I just leave these settings blank, or comment them out? Same with the primary pool settings.
jdape (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 02:06:52 PM

I'm a little confused by the config script. Why does it need my sgminer settings? All I want the script for is to reboot the machine now and again if a card goes sick, once it has rebooted, it's already set up to restart mining automatically so I don't need the script to do anything else. Can I just leave these settings blank, or comment them out? Same with the primary pool settings.

To get that behavior, you can comment out these two lines to disable mining:

Code:
			catch {exec /bin/bash -c $exec_cmd} out
Code:
			catch {exec su $conf(mining_user) -c /bin/bash -c $exec_cmd} out

Make sure this is set to the correct name of your mining program:

Code:
set conf(cgminer_exec) "cgminer"

The other settings can probably be left as is, or blank.

blackvoice

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 20, 2014, 07:53:56 AM

very nice tool
hotrock

Activity: 31

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 07:32:50 AM
Last edit: April 24, 2014, 10:34:49 AM by hotrock

jdape,

Just want to make sure that your donation address for BTC is 13D196kLTMPQMattuz2AtpzasX8pVW6G4U before I send some your way. I said I would donate a while ago but now that I have everything sorted out I'm here to live up to what I said.

Thanks for cgmon!
jdape (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2014, 01:48:39 PM

Hi Hotrock,

http://blockchain.info/address/13D196kLTMPQMattuz2AtpzasX8pVW6G4U

Yep, that's the correct address.  Thanks!

hashrsyndicate

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 08:16:21 PM

Hello! Great scrypt! I have a question. I use Bamt/Smos and disable GPU0 (Integrated graphics) in bamt.conf and cgminer.conf but cgmon still check it and reboot because it Sick or Dead. How can i disable check for GPU0 in scrypt?

Hi,

You can disable checking of GPU 0 like this.

Find this line:
Code:
if {$gpu_status >1}  { 

below it add this new line:

Code:
if {$i == 0} {break}

I was having an issue with my APUs causing unwanted reboots so I added a way of disabling the checking on one GPU. This change to the script seems to have broken the log file and still have to disable the check of shares because the disabled GPU will still trigger a reboot. I do not know how to program TCL so I am sure there is a better approach to what I did but it fixes the issue I was having with Cgmon.

Code:

#Added this to the top of the script to disable chosen GPU

# Disable status checking of GPU
# set value of disabled GPU to prevent unwarranted reboot
set gpu(disable) "0"

# Added this line to the fore mentioned fix under line if {$gpu_status >1}  {

# Find out which GPU is having a problem
# Added 'if {$i == $gpu(disable)} {break}' MAO HashrSyndicate

set data [split $argx "\n"]
foreach line $data {
set gpu_status [lindex $line 4]
if {$gpu_status >1}  {
if {$i == $gpu(disable)} {break}

hashrsyndicate

Activity: 3

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 11:33:10 PM

So it ran a good 14 hours before having a hard lockup, after manually restarting the log file resumed working. Have not figured out why they log file did not work at first and now need to figure out why cgmon was unable to restart the system. Also need to figure out a way to skip past disabled GPUs when checking accepted shares. Besides disabling APUs so they do no trigger a false restart, I also sometimes pull a GPU from mining rigs for running oclvanitygen. If anyone has any thoughts on how to disable the check for accepted shares on a specific GPU it would be much appreciated and I am sure beneficial for others beyond myself.
hotrock

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:45:29 AM

Alrighty! Send it. Hopefully this gets the ball rolling and others decide to chip in!
jdape (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 01:34:03 PM

Alrighty! Send it. Hopefully this gets the ball rolling and others decide to chip in!

Thank you!

soulreafer

Activity: 219
Merit: 100

CryptoCombat - Realtime NPC Fight Faucet

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 03:59:17 PM
Last edit: May 08, 2014, 04:33:48 PM by soulreafer

still waiting for the function which just restarts the cgminer. restarting the whole system takes to long on my raspberry pi and gridseeds

edit:

could it be possible to change the reboot function?
so i just remove the reboot command and add my own stuff for killing all screens with a specific name and run a cgminer startscript again?

jdape (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 04:48:08 PM

still waiting for the function which just restarts the cgminer. restarting the whole system takes to long on my raspberry pi and gridseeds

edit:

could it be possible to change the reboot function?
so i just remove the reboot command and add my own stuff for killing all screens with a specific name and run a cgminer startscript again?

Yep, you can do that.  I would replace the reboot section of code with something like this:

Code:
proc reboot {} {
global conf
#forcibly kill all mining processes
 catch {exec killall -9 $conf(cgminer_exec)} out
#wait 10 seconds (set this to at least as long as it takes your miners to start up again)
after 10000
#re-check the status
check_status
}

soulreafer

Activity: 219

CryptoCombat - Realtime NPC Fight Faucet

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2014, 07:00:56 PM

thanks for the quick reply. this works perfect.
so i dont miss 10-20 shares per unit on a total reboot Smiley

chrison999

Activity: 216

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 06:40:29 PM

Quick question for you...

Does cgmon work with ASIC miners?  I'm running 3 gridseeds and 5 GAWMiners fury rigs and would *love* to use cgmon for them.

Thanks!

Regards,

Chris
jdape (OP)

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2014, 06:58:46 PM

Quick question for you...

Does cgmon work with ASIC miners?  I'm running 3 gridseeds and 5 GAWMiners fury rigs and would *love* to use cgmon for them.

Thanks!

Regards,

Chris

Yes. I've tested it with a GAW black widow and it works.  There was a temporary problem when the GAW miner was reporting a SICK ASIC, but I haven't been able to reproduce it.  That was 6 days ago and it's been fine since.

I don't have any gridseeds to test with, but it should work.

hotrock

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 07:09:06 PM

jdape

I have started using both cgminer and sgminer on BAMT. Obviously I don't run them at the same time but I do tend to change every couple of days.

Is there a way to have cgmon look for either a cgminer instance or an sgminer instance instead of having to change the path and name every time I want to change what miner I'm using?

If not it is no big deal it's just kind of tedious to change the settings in bamt and then change then rename the cgmon files. I have one cgmon_sg.tcl and one sgmon_cg.tcl that I rename to cgmon.tcl depending on which version is needed.

Thanks!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: