USC: vires in scrypt_1024_1_1_256
USC is above USD, at least alphabetically
This coin aims to become the most secure scrypt_1024_1_1_256 coin, by allowing miners to mine this coin for free while mining LTC or any other scryptcoin that is similar enough to LTC. All non genesisblocks will be created after this announcement. Because we use merged mining, this can be verified by looking at the parent block of the parent blockchain.Exchange
The first, and currently only, exchange that allows trading USC is exarena.net
Short instructions on how to join the network, and start merged mining with P2Pool:
If you want to download binaries for windows or GNU/Linux, you can find release 0.8.6.2 on the UnitedScryptCoin website
. Here are the checksums of the downloadable files:
The sourcecode is in a git repository on github. If you want to compile the program yourself, do:
$ git clone http://github.com/united-scrypt-coin-project/unitedscryptcoin/
$ cd unitedscryptcoin/src
$ make USE_UPNP= -f makefile.unix
create ~/.unitedscryptcoin/unitedscryptcoin.conf which contains
Please open up port 23328 on your firewall.
Post below if you like to be added to the list of seednodes.
(nobody did that)
SHA256 miners that already are merged mining, will know what to do. Others need to read on.
The only pool that currently supports merged mining with scrypt is p2pool. This is a decentralized pool, and currently the only way to merged mine USC. So you need to setup p2pool to mine LTC. If that works, you can point your p2pool to your unitedscryptcoin daemon.
$ git checkout https://github.com/forrestv/p2pool/
$ cd p2pool
$ less README.md
$ # install required packages, you did read the README didn't you?
$ ./run_p2pool.py --net litecoin --give-author 1.0 \
--bitcoind-rpc-port 9334 --bitcoind-p2p-port 9335 \
--merged http://unitedscryptcoinrpc:SOME_PASSWORD_HERE@localhost:33327/ \
This assumes you are running a full Litecoin node, which is listening on ports 9334 (RPC) and 9335 (P2P).
If you point your miner to localhost:9327 you will earn LTC, it will be sent directly to your wallet. In addition, without extra cost, you will get free UnitedScryptCoins.
Want more detail? Please see an explanation of setting up p2pool for BTC (+ merged minable coins) + LTC
. If you use this guide to setup p2pool, you only need to add the
to the commandline when starting p2pool.
Earn some before the big pools hop on!Other pools
The first pool was provided to us by user bootch. This pool is closed.
Work is underway to add USC merged mining to an established pool.
The first pool that supports LTC/USC mining is http://www.f2pool.com/
, more info in a post by macbook-air
New pool: http://manicminer.in
mines USC/HUC/ORG/PST against popular non-merge mined scrypt coins (LTC/DOGE/...).Block Explorer
A USC block explorer
is kindly provided to us by macbook-airMerged mining, how does it work?
Highlevel overview of merged mining (explanation for 1 child chain, with more it becomes more complex):
- request work from USC with getauxblock
- put hash of block in coinbase script of parent blockchain (preceded by merged mining header)
- solve block of parent chain of difficulty in getauxblock
- provide auxpow (auxiliary proof of work) to USC with the following info
- block header of parent chain
- coinbase transaction of parent chain (this contains the hash of the USC block)
- MerkleBranch linking parent coinbase to parent block
- you have mined a block of USC based on a solution to a block of the other blockchain!
For a detailed description, see for example the sourcecode of p2pool or an article about merged mining
in NMC. The bitcoin wiki has an official specificiation
Implementation is the same as SHA256 merged mining, so that an unmodified p2pool can be used.Bounties for people that prove this coin really Unites scrypt coins
The first 10 people that prove existence of blocks in the USC blockchain merge mined against other major parent chains (max one bounty per chain) get USC 100. Major means 'coin is on cryptsy'. Below I found a block based on LKY
, but unfortunately it got orphaned from USC, so hard proof is not available. To make it clear: the bounty is for the person who provides proof of a certain parent chain the first, also If he/she didn't mine it him/herself.
I did a proof for LTC below, to show you how a valid proof looks. This way a proof is verifiable by anyone who runs the USC daemon. If the parent chain does not have a block explorer, that is fine (but we will need to download the client and inspect the blockchain to verify the proof). Other proofs will also appear there.
Status: 7 bounties claimed, 3 bounties of USC 100 apiece unclaimed.How to prove a block is merge mined against some other blockchain?
Just find a merge mined block in the USC blockchain that someone mined with some blockchain as parent blockchain, look at the previousblockhash of the parent_block and find that block in said blockchain. A USC block can be viewed with the RPC commands getblockhash and getblock.Coins that earned USC's seal of approval
Here is a list of all the blockchains we are proven to be compatible with:
All coins similar enough to LTC should work.
Note: USC block 10001 was not mined using p2pool, but using some other merged mining proxy. Is there already a centralized pool with USC support?Characteristics
This coin is almost the same as Litecoin. The only differences are: genesisblock, merged mining and branding. So: USC 50 every 2.5 minutes. Halves every 4 years. Vote!
Please vote for USC at http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.phpUpdates:
- Clarify instructions
- Provide proof of merged mining with LTC
- We have a block explorer, created by macbook-air
- Announcing bounty program for finding other parent chains than LTC, and proving that this is really UNITEDScryptCoin.
- Added link to first (non-merged) pool (should have done that earlier...), thanks to bootch
- Added short explanation of merged mining
- Some more clarification
DNSSeed + main seednode are down ATM, added some connectable nodes to example config
- gritter found proof that USC can be mined with CNC as parent chain!
- Wolf0 found proof that USC can be mined with WDC as parent chain!
- Release 0.8.6.1
- aa found proof that USC can be mined with DOGE as parent chain!
- found block with LKY as parent
- moved images to usx.ax.lt
- added more info about merged mining
- found block with COYE as parent
- first centralized scrypt merged mining pool http://www.f2pool.com/
- Release 0.8.6.2
- add request to vote
- add link to a new scrypt merged mining pool
- P2Pooler found proof that USC can be mined with AUR as parent chain!
- Hyacin found proof that USC can be mined with GDC as parent chain!
- Hyacin found proof that USC can be mined with MNC as parent chain!
- Added first exchange!
- Reorganized post to draw more attention to the fact we have an exchange
- Hyacin found proof that USC can be mined with NYAN as parent chain!