Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 08:34:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][USC] First merged minable scryptcoin UnitedScryptCoin, exchange available!  (Read 51716 times)
united-scrypt-coin (OP)

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 30, 2013, 09:58:32 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 03:04:29 PM by united-scrypt-coin

USC: vires in scrypt_1024_1_1_256
USC is above USD, at least alphabetically

This coin aims to become the most secure scrypt_1024_1_1_256 coin, by allowing miners to mine this coin for free while mining LTC or any other scryptcoin that is similar enough to LTC. All non genesisblocks will be created after this announcement. Because we use merged mining, this can be verified by looking at the parent block of the parent blockchain.

Exchange

The first, and currently only, exchange that allows trading USC is exarena.net.

Getting started

Short instructions on how to join the network, and start merged mining with P2Pool:

If you want to download binaries for windows or GNU/Linux, you can find release 0.8.6.2 on the UnitedScryptCoin website. Here are the checksums of the downloadable files:
Code:
8a5f452effac6bd8cfb528cccd33d258e73f1a587c5f6a93de36e58a5a182622  unitedscryptcoin-0.8.6.2-win32.zip
f3df29e49ab0a3ed71901b63acb2b654ad44c5d45298f85399a5f788e58d7648  unitedscryptcoin-0.8.6.2-win32-setup.exe
0c855116df521129f4fe716edd05757c04c432e4f414b4e450ada63a1cae2869  unitedscryptcoin-0.8.6.2-linux.tar.gz

The sourcecode is in a git repository on github.  If you want to compile the program yourself, do:
Code:
$ git clone http://github.com/united-scrypt-coin-project/unitedscryptcoin/
$ cd unitedscryptcoin/src
$ make USE_UPNP= -f makefile.unix

create ~/.unitedscryptcoin/unitedscryptcoin.conf which contains
Code:
server=1
daemon=1
rpcport=33327
port=23328
rpcuser=unitedscryptcoinrpc
rpcpassword=SOME_PASSWORD_HERE
addnode=106.187.94.193:23328
addnode=118.244.207.5:23328
addnode=218.75.110.21:23328
addnode=85.25.133.40:23328
addnode=176.50.146.229:23328
addnode=162.209.104.232:23328
addnode=88.172.65.144:23328
addnode=188.62.142.95:23328

Please open up port 23328 on your firewall. Post below if you like to be added to the list of seednodes. (nobody did that)

SHA256 miners that already are merged mining, will know what to do.  Others need to read on.

The only pool that currently supports merged mining with scrypt is p2pool. This is a decentralized pool, and currently the only way to merged mine USC. So you need to setup p2pool to mine LTC. If that works, you can point your p2pool to your unitedscryptcoin daemon.

Code:
$ git checkout https://github.com/forrestv/p2pool/
$ cd p2pool
$ less README.md
$ # install required packages, you did read the README didn't you?
$ ./run_p2pool.py --net litecoin --give-author 1.0 \
        --bitcoind-rpc-port 9334 --bitcoind-p2p-port 9335 \
        --merged http://unitedscryptcoinrpc:SOME_PASSWORD_HERE@localhost:33327/ \
        BITCOINRPC_USERNAME BITCOINRPC_PASSWORD

This assumes you are running a full Litecoin node, which is listening on ports 9334 (RPC) and 9335 (P2P).

If you point your miner to localhost:9327 you will earn LTC, it will be sent directly to your wallet. In addition, without extra cost, you will get free UnitedScryptCoins.

Want more detail? Please see an explanation of setting up p2pool for BTC (+ merged minable coins) + LTC. If you use this guide to setup p2pool, you only need to add the
Code:
--merged http://unitedscryptcoinrpc:SOME_PASSWORD_HERE@localhost:33327/
to the commandline when starting p2pool.

Earn some before the big pools hop on!

Other pools

The first pool was provided to us by user bootch. This pool is closed.

Work is underway to add USC merged mining to an established pool.

The first pool that supports LTC/USC mining is http://www.f2pool.com/, more info in a post by macbook-air.

New pool: http://manicminer.in mines USC/HUC/ORG/PST against popular non-merge mined scrypt coins (LTC/DOGE/...).

Block Explorer

A USC block explorer is kindly provided to us by macbook-air

Merged mining, how does it work?

Highlevel overview of merged mining (explanation for 1 child chain, with more it becomes more complex):
  • request work from USC with getauxblock
  • put hash of block in coinbase script of parent blockchain (preceded by merged mining header)
  • solve block of parent chain of difficulty in getauxblock
  • provide auxpow (auxiliary proof of work) to USC with the following info
    • block header of parent chain
    • coinbase transaction of parent chain (this contains the hash of the USC block)
    • MerkleBranch linking parent coinbase to parent block
  • you have mined a block of USC based on a solution to a block of the other blockchain!

For a detailed description, see for example the sourcecode of p2pool or an article about merged mining in NMC. The bitcoin wiki has an official specificiation.

Implementation is the same as SHA256 merged mining, so that an unmodified p2pool can be used.

Bounties for people that prove this coin really Unites scrypt coins

The first 10 people that prove existence of blocks in the USC blockchain merge mined against other major parent chains (max one bounty per chain) get USC 100. Major means 'coin is on cryptsy'. Below I found a block based on LKY, but unfortunately it got orphaned from USC, so hard proof is not available. To make it clear: the bounty is for the person who provides proof of a certain parent chain the first, also If he/she didn't mine it him/herself.

I did a proof for LTC below, to show you how a valid proof looks. This way a proof is verifiable by anyone who runs the USC daemon. If the parent chain does not have a block explorer, that is fine (but we will need to download the client and inspect the blockchain to verify the proof). Other proofs will also appear there.

Status: 7 bounties claimed, 3 bounties of USC 100 apiece unclaimed.

How to prove a block is merge mined against some other blockchain?

Just find a merge mined block in the USC blockchain that someone mined with some blockchain as parent blockchain, look at the previousblockhash of the parent_block and find that block in said blockchain. A USC block can be viewed with the RPC commands getblockhash and getblock.

Coins that earned USC's seal of approval

Here is a list of all the blockchains we are proven to be compatible with:

All coins similar enough to LTC should work.

Note: USC block 10001 was not mined using p2pool, but using some other merged mining proxy. Is there already a centralized pool with USC support?

Characteristics

This coin is almost the same as Litecoin. The only differences are: genesisblock, merged mining and branding. So: USC 50 every 2.5 minutes. Halves every 4 years.

Vote!

Please vote for USC at http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php

Updates:
  • Clarify instructions
  • Provide proof of merged mining with LTC
  • We have a block explorer, created by macbook-air
  • Announcing bounty program for finding other parent chains than LTC, and proving that this is really UNITEDScryptCoin.
  • Added link to first (non-merged) pool (should have done that earlier...), thanks to bootch
  • Added short explanation of merged mining
  • Some more clarification
  • DNSSeed + main seednode are down ATM, added some connectable nodes to example config
  • gritter found proof that USC can be mined with CNC as parent chain!
  • Wolf0 found proof that USC can be mined with WDC as parent chain!
  • Release 0.8.6.1
  • aa found proof that USC can be mined with DOGE as parent chain!
  • found block with LKY as parent
  • moved images to usx.ax.lt
  • added more info about merged mining
  • found block with COYE as parent
  • first centralized scrypt merged mining pool http://www.f2pool.com/
  • Release 0.8.6.2
  • add request to vote
  • add link to a new scrypt merged mining pool
  • P2Pooler found proof that USC can be mined with AUR as parent chain!
  • Hyacin found proof that USC can be mined with GDC as parent chain!
  • Hyacin found proof that USC can be mined with MNC as parent chain!
  • Added first exchange!
  • Reorganized post to draw more attention to the fact we have an exchange
  • Hyacin found proof that USC can be mined with NYAN as parent chain!
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barwizi
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 03:52:30 AM

well?
united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 09:12:16 AM

well?

Currently there are six nodes in the network. Difficulty is not yet stable. Some miners mine directly instead of merged.

Not bad for a coin that's less than 12h old.

We need more seednodes. Anyone?
mattle74

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 09:42:22 AM

SHA256 miners that already are merged mining, will know what to do.

This assumes your litecoind is listening on ports 9334 (RPC) and 9335 (P2P).

If you point your miner to localhost:9327 you will earn LTC, it will be sent directly to your wallet. In addition, without extra cost, you will get free UnitedScryptCoins.

Methinks if you want scrypt miners to earn some before pools set this up, you need some better instructions. I like the advice of referring to SHA256 miners will know what to do when the topic is aimed at scrypt miners.....

Windows instructions would be helpful because I don't any about setting up merged mining in Windows even with SHA256 coins. And lastly... why point the miner at 9327 when you have litecoind RPC port as 9334 and P2P port as 9335 in the example? Typo?
united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 10:32:25 AM

SHA256 miners that already are merged mining, will know what to do.

This assumes your litecoind is listening on ports 9334 (RPC) and 9335 (P2P).

Methinks if you want scrypt miners to earn some before pools set this up, you need some better instructions. I like the advice of referring to SHA256 miners will know what to do when the topic is aimed at scrypt miners.....

Windows instructions would be helpful because I don't any about setting up merged mining in Windows even with SHA256 coins. And lastly... why point the miner at 9327 when you have litecoind RPC port as 9334 and P2P port as 9335 in the example? Typo?

I have clarified the instructions.

To answer your specific questions.

p2pool talks to LTC daemon and USC daemon. P2Pool is a local process (python program). Your miner (cgminer/etc) talks to p2pool, and p2pool sends your Proof of Work to LTC and to USC.

Please feel free to ask for more clarification if I am unclear.
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 11:29:55 AM

Can anyone confirm this is functional.
#R#a#u#t#e#

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 11:40:58 AM

im throwing in some solo hashpower from an old abandoned 6950 Wink
#R#a#u#t#e#

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 07:35:20 PM

I like the idea of this coin, suggested it actually works! (maybe someone running a p2pool can confirm that ?)

Everyone is busy with btc "crash" it seems, i got about 200 blocks x 50 coins with my 480kh/s so far.

On time of this writing:
Blocks 7113
diff 0.0156

so next to nothing mined jet..
zoro

Activity: 226

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 08:30:43 PM

i will try solo, not merge. hope someone can setup a merging pool

"killer app" of BTC = MasterCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=265488.0Mastercoin(A new protocol layer on top of Bitcoin)
KingGoon

Activity: 112

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 08:32:39 PM

how to solo mine  Huh

So Icy E-Money - Frozentalk.org FD1GwdBjTeMPFdZD5v3cVRG7ZoPJBAuLrf
All these girls excited ,Oooo ya know they like it ,Frozen so icy, so icy ,Haters don't try to fight it ,All yo friends invited ,Frozen so icy, so icy!!
gorgorom

Activity: 238

Inject Its Venom Into Your Veins

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 12:15:37 AM

Resevercd

▲Check Out My Projects & Services!▲ 
Please read the goddamned trust rating feedback before you judge...soo stupid..
snailbrain
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 04:02:18 AM
Last edit: December 02, 2013, 07:06:51 AM by snailbrain

Code:
"version" : 80501,
"protocolversion" : 70002,
"walletversion" : 60000,
"balance" : 7800.00000000,
"blocks" : 8356,
"timeoffset" : 39,
"connections" : 6,
"proxy" : "",
"difficulty" : 0.06250000,
"testnet" : false,
"keypoololdest" : 1385896613,
"keypoolsize" : 101,
"paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
"mininput" : 0.00010000,
"errors" : "Warning: This version is obsolete, upgrade required!"

is normal? (the error)

also,
you can merge mine this with any other script coin, not just ltc?

#R#a#u#t#e#

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 03:31:42 PM

"...by allowing miners to mine this coin for free while mining eg. LTC."

Regarding to first post, merged mining should work with every scrypt coin.
But i actually wondering if thats is possible.

But even if it would work "only" for LTC  this is a pretty big thing.

Maybe OP could give some more detail...
united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 04:06:51 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2013, 05:04:49 PM by united-scrypt-coin

@snailbrain: errormessage, due to a stupid but unharmful bug, is fixed in git

@KingGoon: point cgminer to localhost:33327 with username unitedscryptcoinrpc and SOME_PASSWORD, non-merged mining is, however, wasteful, because (using p2pool), you can mine eg. LTC at the same time.

@#R#a#u#t#e#: current network hashrate (getnetworkhashps) is about 92MH/s, which is currently on par with popular coins (LKY/MEC) in cryptsy. Merged mining should work with any coin similar enough to Litecoin. PoW must be calculated in the same way as LTC (same version of scrypt). I don't know if 'proof of stake' coins will also work. You can easily try any coin which has a working p2pool.

@barwizi: AFAIK it really works, just try it!

Updates: I have added PROOF  Shocked of merged mining against LTC in the announcement.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 04:19:07 PM
Last edit: December 02, 2013, 08:07:41 PM by DeathAndTaxes

"...by allowing miners to mine this coin for free while mining eg. LTC."

Regarding to first post, merged mining should work with every scrypt coin.
But i actually wondering if thats is possible.

But even if it would work "only" for LTC  this is a pretty big thing.

Depend on what you mean by "work with".

Any coin can be merged mined however it is important to distinguish between the parent and child.  The parent doesn't need to know about merge mining.  LTC has no idea it is being used as a mege parent and neither does BTC.  Any coin can be a parent but honestly the point of merge mining is to vastly increase the hashpower and security so it doesn't make sense to use hashes from a small unpopular coin.  LTC in the Scrypt world is the big dog and it makes sense to actively recruit those miners.

The child coin needs to be programmed to work with a SPECIFIC PARENT accept out of blockchain hashes.  In this case USC (child) merge mines with LTC (parent) because that is the way USC was programmed. Using LTC as a parent makes the most sense from a security standpoint but it looks like I was wrong in that any compatible parent could be used without a code change (and the parent doesn't need to be aware).    

If you mean can a different coin be a child, i.e. can XYZ coin also be merged mined with LTC.  Sure however remember the merge mining logic is present in the child coin's codebase.  USC can be merged mined because it has incorporated the ability to accept out of blockchain hashes.  "XYZ"  coin could as well but the developer for that coin would need to add support (and it would be a hard fork for any existing coin).  No other Scrypt based alt-coin supports merge mining as a child however there is no reason they couldn't (either now or years ago).  So far most developers have just been too busy pumping and dumping to do any real work to implement it (and remember NMC provided the high level concept years ago).

On edit: fixed inaccuracies after correction and review of code.

united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 04:54:28 PM

The child coin needs to be programmed to work with a SPECIFIC PARENT.  In this case USC (child) merge mines with LTC (parent) because that is the way USC was programmed.

I don't believe this to be true. USC does not care if a parent block comes from LTC or a similar copycat (with ChainID != 1, the only coin with ChainID == 1, is USC, other coins wanting to merge mined, should choose another ChainID). The reason is: USC does not know the genesis block of LTC, so it can't know if a block belongs to LTC. If no-one steps up to experiment, I will try to generate a block against an LTC clone.

The git repository contains the branch merged-mining. This branch is LTC + merged mining (starting at block INT_MAX, ChainID == 0). It can be a starting point for other developers to adopt merged mining as secondary chain.
Snard

Activity: 140

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 05:23:02 PM

So I understand, this coin can only be mined via merged mining, or can it be mined directly using unitedscryptcoind?
#R#a#u#t#e#

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 06:05:21 PM

You can mine it directly like any other coin.  But it would be way more efficient to get it by merged mining basically free.

#R#a#u#t#e#

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 06:19:29 PM

Mutch thanks for the Info!

Nice to see something new in the scyptworld! (unlike the shitload of copy paste coins)

.... so i do expect the hashrate to skyrocket like nothing esle, and that just because of    "WHY NOT?"
#R#a#u#t#e#

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 07:49:30 PM

Shocked 322 Mh/s  12750 Blocks so far   ...qiete impressive

i wonder how long it will take untill it appears on cryptsy
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 08:01:49 PM

The child coin needs to be programmed to work with a SPECIFIC PARENT.  In this case USC (child) merge mines with LTC (parent) because that is the way USC was programmed.

I don't believe this to be true. USC does not care if a parent block comes from LTC or a similar copycat (with ChainID != 1, the only coin with ChainID == 1, is USC, other coins wanting to merge mined, should choose another ChainID). The reason is: USC does not know the genesis block of LTC, so it can't know if a block belongs to LTC. If no-one steps up to experiment, I will try to generate a block against an LTC clone.

The git repository contains the branch merged-mining. This branch is LTC + merged mining (starting at block INT_MAX, ChainID == 0). It can be a starting point for other developers to adopt merged mining as secondary chain.

Hmm that is a good point.  I hadn't considered that but looking both at USC code and NMC code I believe you are right it was an incorrect assumption on my part.  Since all SHA-256 coins use Bitcoin as parent I assumed that was encoded but it looks like it was not.  Would be interesting way to gain hashpower from many chains.   Obviously LTC is the biggest bang for the buck (10% of LTC network is worth a lot more than anyone else) but it may it does mean the coin isn't limited to the success of the parent as it can switch to whatever parent(s) are viable at the current time.  Thanks you helped me learn something today.

Another interesting idea (and it would be a little more complex probably requiring two different difficulty values) would be to create a coin which can use either hashing algorithm and support merge mining against chains with either algorithm.

snailbrain
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 08:57:39 PM

from all this:

Why aren't sha256 coin pools,  like ppc merge mining namecoin... obviously it may be difficult to get a block, but still a chance..
is possible?

Orrechorre

Activity: 569
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 10:12:03 PM

not a single block on the pool yet -.-
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 10:22:13 PM

Bitcoin does know bout merged mining. But it only knows enough to be the parent chain, as teaching it to also be able to be a child chain would require a hard-fork.

Any scrypt coin that based itself on bitcoin code without stripping out the ability to act as a parent chain in a merge should be able to act a a parent.

But did merged mining even exist when litecoin was first created?

If not, did litecoin inherit the ability to be parent chain at some point in the course of updating itself from newer bitcoin code?

You do not need to specify the parent, in fact for example GeistGeld calls itself chain number zero (each chain in a merge needs a different number, I think the number is used as index into an array of chains when recording the proofs in the parent and child chains or something like that), even though bitcoin is actually chain zero. If bitcoin ever did learn to be a child chain it could not be merged with GeistGeld unless GeistGeld was used as parent, since otherwise there would be two chains both claiming to be index zero in the array of merkle trees or whatever the chain number is actually used for.

With p2pool for example you run the p2pool of the parent chain, and its chain number is irrelevant, most chains probably just call themselves chain zero like bitcoin does since their programmers probably didn't even know what the chain number/index was about or for, and they did not have being a child chain in mind.

But each chain that is going to be able to serve as a child chain needs a unique number/index.

For example:

Code:
# Chains:
#  0 geistgeld 8777
#  1 namecoin 8336
#  2 ixcoin 8339
#  3 i0coin 7332
#  4 devcoin 52332
#  5 groupcoin 51332
#  7 rucoin 8082
# 16 coiledcoin 9442

RUcoin of course is closed source and has mutated gosh knows how much or how many times since the ancient times of its original incarntion in which it was purported to be able to be merged mined and has the child number/index 7.

GeistGeld is probably a bug, the idiot who wrote it was probably totally ignorant so didn't know to assign it a chain index/number so the value was just left as zero like it is in bitcoin.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
carajillu

Activity: 577
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 10:47:59 PM

Is it enough to "setgenerate true -1" for solo mining??
carajillu

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 11:12:20 PM

Hi guys, I think that I started solo mining Smiley And when listing transactions this appears:

{
"account" : "",
"address" : "UhWDdsoaAqbqYxUAcCuZ1VnrfgXSeSxpXc",
"category" : "orphan",
"amount" : 50.00000000,
"confirmations" : 0,
"generated" : true,
"txid" : "d09ece8ebc8d74582f8f7acb6659bef6b6a5f9def3bd2bd3d5474e01bd3e63ee",
"time" : 1386023494,
"timereceived" : 1386023494
}

Does that mean that I mined 50 coins?? Why they don't appear in my wallet? Why this address does not appear in my normal addresses tab? Do they need confirmation? Sorry for the noob questions... Smiley
snailbrain
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 11:17:46 PM

Is it enough to "setgenerate true -1" for solo mining??

no you probably won't get any cpu mining, you need to use a GPU.
I managed to mine a few blocks with my nvidia

Hi guys, I think that I started solo mining Smiley And when listing transactions this appears:

{
"address" : "UhWDdsoaAqbqYxUAcCuZ1VnrfgXSeSxpXc",
"category" : "orphan",
"txid" : "d09ece8ebc8d74582f8f7acb6659bef6b6a5f9def3bd2bd3d5474e01bd3e63ee",
"time" : 1386023494,
"timereceived" : 1386023494
}

Does that mean that I mined 50 coins?? Why they don't appear in my wallet? Why this address does not appear in my normal addresses tab? Do they need confirmation? Sorry for the noob questions... Smiley

it means you won't get those coins, probably you mined it around the same time as someone else

------------

difficulty atm is 1.000000 ?

Kyune

Activity: 287

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 11:24:57 PM

Yes, it is.  There is probably a 4x limit on difficulty increase each interval (I didn't check), otherwise it would have gone up more.  Blocks are pouring in much faster than every 2.5 minutes, so expect the difficulty to rise again at block 14112.

BTC:  1K4VpdQXQhgmTmq68rbWhybvoRcyNHKyVP
carajillu

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 11:29:25 PM

Sad I was very happy to mine my very first one ... Anyway with my laptop I can´t do much... and have no room for a PC
snailbrain
Legendary

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 11:30:45 PM

Yes, it is.  There is probably a 4x limit on difficulty increase each interval (I didn't check), otherwise it would have gone up more.  Blocks are pouring in much faster than every 2.5 minutes, so expect the difficulty to rise again at block 14112.

good point.

Thrash

Activity: 519
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 11:41:31 PM

So this only works with p2p? No way to solo another coin and merge mine?
defaced
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 11:56:30 PM

hmm

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:30:27 AM

can anyone confirm actual merged mining is happening?
#R#a#u#t#e#

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:48:09 AM

just noticed:

"networkhashps" : 1358113148  = 1.3 Gh/s (to compare: litecoin average 24h : 57Gh/s)

awsome!

this should confirm the merged mining.
mattle74

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 01:11:16 PM

I tried to get it to work with Grandcoin and couldn't get it to work. Obviously the difficulty on litecoin is way too high to solo mine it merged mine with USC so without a pool it's too bad.
macbook-air

Activity: 324
Merit: 260

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 04:50:01 PM

Block explorer: http://unitedscryptcoin.org/

united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 04:59:10 PM

Thats great! Thanks  Smiley
united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 05:21:26 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 05:10:42 AM by united-scrypt-coin

Found USC block with LKY as primary chain  Smiley, block got orphaned immediately   Sad.

Log
Code:
2013-12-03 16:59:38 AUX proof-of-work found  
     our hash: c91fd86faeeebc01873ed5719d3ea0451cfa9a163f9f967c5cf68e996b4671f1  
  parent hash: 000000000984c9976d6d0e6498b01cdc4980c81de9e73fb456b5a9e11ca4a7c6  
       target: 000000000ffff000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
2013-12-03 16:59:38 CBlock(hash=7b0b30717e1ed487585aa022e992dca1c40900e43abbbde105a1364db0c06e93, input=0
2010100aa1ac0f27fd33f36de89cdccf94bb3cd90e8797d125e3b7d7ec9ce586e542cc837f41f03d05818228978b8617f59931d0d
201b26870949dbbb36ec6ff98c90bff30d9e52f0ff0f1c00000000, PoW=c91fd86faeeebc01873ed5719d3ea0451cfa9a163f9f9
67c5cf68e996b4671f1, ver=65794, hashPrevBlock=c82c546e58cec97e7d3b5e127d79e890cdb34bf9cccd89de363fd37ff2c
01aaa, hashMerkleRoot=bf908cf96fec36bbdb490987261b200d1d93597f61b87889221858d0031ff437, nTime=1386089971,
 nBits=1c0ffff0, nNonce=0, vtx=1)
2013-12-03 16:59:38   CTransaction(hash=bf908cf96fec36bbdb490987261b200d1d93597f61b87889221858d0031ff437,
 ver=1, vin.size=1, vout.size=1, nLockTime=0)
    CTxIn(COutPoint(0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000, 4294967295), coinba
se 04f0ff0f1c010152)
    CTxOut(nValue=50.00000000, scriptPubKey=03ee55b352f137a01616b9813e9be3)
  vMerkleTree: bf908cf96fec36bbdb490987261b200d1d93597f61b87889221858d0031ff437
2013-12-03 16:59:38 generated 50.00
2013-12-03 16:59:38 AddToWallet bf908cf96fec36bbdb490987261b200d1d93597f61b87889221858d0031ff437  new
2013-12-03 16:59:38 Committing 1 changed transactions to coin database...
2013-12-03 16:59:38 SetBestChain: new best=7b0b30717e1ed487585aa022e992dca1c40900e43abbbde105a1364db0c06e93  height=16908  log2_work=46.504831  tx=17388  date=2013-12-03 16:59:31 progress=0.999996
2013-12-03 16:59:38 ProcessBlock: ACCEPTED

Complete, orphaned block:
Code:
{
    "hash" : "7b0b30717e1ed487585aa022e992dca1c40900e43abbbde105a1364db0c06e93",
    "size" : 638,
    "height" : 16908,
    "version" : 65794,
    "merkleroot" : "bf908cf96fec36bbdb490987261b200d1d93597f61b87889221858d0031ff437",
    "auxpow" : {
        "size" : 454,
        "coinbasetx" : {
            "txid" : "407c373055182e4fba2a6dd84503ee73b833e113e7fc8ad46972496439d91193",
            "version" : 1,
            "locktime" : 0,
            "vin" : [
                {
                    "coinbase" : "03055c012cfabe6d6d7b0b30717e1ed487585aa022e992dca1c40900e43abbbde105a1364db0c06e930100000000000000062f503253482f",
                    "sequence" : 4294967295
                }
            ],
            "vout" : [
                {
                    "value" : 88.10000000,
                    "n" : 0,
                    "scriptPubKey" : {
                        "asm" : "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 ffad31ef9e76429275a624f56247bda86386edb1 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                        "hex" : "76a914ffad31ef9e76429275a624f56247bda86386edb188ac",
                        "reqSigs" : 1,
                        "type" : "pubkeyhash",
                        "addresses" : [
                            "UmHuk74vY2VDjVVE5JeSaZk4jxc4B9BttM"
                        ]
                    }
                },
                {
                    "value" : 0.00000000,
                    "n" : 1,
                        "asm" : "04ffd03de44a6e11b9917f3a29f9443283d9871c9d743ef30d5eddcd37094b64d1b3d8090496b53256786bf5c82932ec23c3b74d9f05a6f95a8b5529352656664b OP_CHECKSIG",
                        "hex" : "4104ffd03de44a6e11b9917f3a29f9443283d9871c9d743ef30d5eddcd37094b64d1b3d8090496b53256786bf5c82932ec23c3b74d9f05a6f95a8b5529352656664bac",
                        "type" : "pubkey",
                            "Ugy6MxjyW9qSLYvjAcXvjJd1MzeVBtUdVa"
                        ]
                    }
                },
                {
                    "n" : 2,
                        "asm" : "OP_RETURN 5292f0b35b75e09b353946c47e3c38a8c1ce1c30847e6a62cd3aa061c2e7f9ad0000000001000000",
                        "hex" : "6a285292f0b35b75e09b353946c47e3c38a8c1ce1c30847e6a62cd3aa061c2e7f9ad0000000001000000",
                        "type" : "nonstandard"
                    }
                }
            ]
        },
        "coinbaseMerkleBranch" : [
            "266c767672bbb0897b9d050a12348b9658439a38ca841ad6c1896dcaa715d9f4",
            "8f2919395550ae29ea540ce77c500d30642397d67c501b03a97d63762908eba1"
        ],
        "coinbaseIndex" : 0,
        "chainMerkleBranch" : [
        ],
        "chainIndex" : 0,
        "parent_block" : {
            "hash" : "[color=red]30e8ad303800072f7ef08ead63f1e6ba38517f260b7826437611ffd0b50bee98[/color]",
            "previousblockhash" : "3723a68b1822688e200bf3770d82f9919d76edee00f7b106533a31626aa5187b",
            "merkleroot" : "872c6e7698cdddc6195453c16788090f96ec0b11b0f4c8b42c38a195c5781c4e",
            "time" : 1386089966,
            "bits" : "1c2f7c7c",
            "nonce" : 3301052416
        }
    },
    "tx" : [
        "bf908cf96fec36bbdb490987261b200d1d93597f61b87889221858d0031ff437"
    ],
    "time" : 1386089971,
    "nonce" : 0,
    "bits" : "1c0ffff0",
    "difficulty" : 16.00000000,
    "previousblockhash" : "c82c546e58cec97e7d3b5e127d79e890cdb34bf9cccd89de363fd37ff2c01aaa"
}

So this block was orphaned from USC, but the parent block still is in the LuckyCoin blockchain:
Code:
{
    "hash" : "30e8ad303800072f7ef08ead63f1e6ba38517f260b7826437611ffd0b50bee98",
    "confirmations" : 17,
    "size" : 1026,
    "height" : 89093,
    "merkleroot" : "872c6e7698cdddc6195453c16788090f96ec0b11b0f4c8b42c38a195c5781c4e",
        "407c373055182e4fba2a6dd84503ee73b833e113e7fc8ad46972496439d91193",
        "266c767672bbb0897b9d050a12348b9658439a38ca841ad6c1896dcaa715d9f4",
        "48316f3b78ce0f2b8daa4e1050dae735a7d157a6ea0542353f3f8117f439611b",
        "7c1a86d22486c5d728cefba885ac6dec547ea10e9d576fd569005874ef2627a5"
    ],
    "time" : 1386089966,
    "nonce" : 3301052416,
    "bits" : "1c2f7c7c",
    "difficulty" : 5.39095005,
    "previousblockhash" : "3723a68b1822688e200bf3770d82f9919d76edee00f7b106533a31626aa5187b",
    "nextblockhash" : "7ab17c04d30843395053491de7b5a31a717c78f938aeed638c5ecd0b304959c0"
}

Hopefully my next block won't be orphaned...
united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 07:38:47 PM

I tried to get it to work with Grandcoin and couldn't get it to work. Obviously the difficulty on litecoin is way too high to solo mine it merged mine with USC so without a pool it's too bad.

Can you explain exactly what you did and what didn't work? Did a block get rejected? What does the debug.log say?

BTW: if you use p2pool + LTC + merged mining USC, you mine LTC in a pool (so the high difficulty does not matter) and you mine USC solo.
mattle74

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 10:28:44 PM

Can you explain exactly what you did and what didn't work? Did a block get rejected? What does the debug.log say?

BTW: if you use p2pool + LTC + merged mining USC, you mine LTC in a pool (so the high difficulty does not matter) and you mine USC solo.

I couldn't get p2pool to work with grand coin. I obviously don't know what I'm doing with p2pool because I didnt realize that about LTC. I would still have to setup litecoind and download the whole block chain though, right?
snailbrain
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:05:32 AM

I couldn't get p2pool to work with grand coin. I obviously don't know what I'm doing with p2pool because I didnt realize that about LTC. I would still have to setup litecoind and download the whole block chain though, right?

you can replace LTC in what he said with GRAND coin (don't know anything about grandcoin but that is what he means, i think )

united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 04:59:44 AM

you can replace LTC in what he said with GRAND coin (don't know anything about grandcoin but that is what he means, i think )

Yes. It's best to try it with LTC first. You need to run a full litecoin node. Point p2pool to it. If that works, you can add the --merged commandline option to p2pool.

It seems to work for a lot of people; hashrate is 5GH/s (faster than FTC!).
#R#a#u#t#e#

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 11:46:28 AM

i guess thoose who figured out how to merge mine this properly will keep their knowledge for a while.

if you are running a big pool this could be quiete profitable if that thing hits an exchange.

--->6Gh/s
united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:25:35 PM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 12:36:14 PM by united-scrypt-coin

i guess thoose who figured out how to merge mine this properly will keep their knowledge for a while.

if you are running a big pool this could be quiete profitable if that thing hits an exchange.

--->6Gh/s

That.

According to the hashrate display at vircurex, USC is now second only to LTC in hashrate. It is low risk for exchanges to carry it, because a 51% attack is quite unfeasible. On the other side: this coin is not even 4 days old...

Note, however, that the goal of this coin is to be the most secure scrypt coin. This can be done by combining most of the hashing power of all LTC-compatible coins. In this way it is theoretically possible to get more GH/s than LTC.

These are interesting times  Grin

Have you all read about the bounty (USC 100) for finding LTC-compatible coins to use as merged mining parent chain? (see at the top of this thread)
snailbrain
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:48:55 PM

--->6Gh/s

That.

According to the hashrate display at vircurex, USC is now second only to LTC in hashrate. It is low risk for exchanges to carry it, because a 51% attack is quite unfeasible. On the other side: this coin is not even 4 days old...

Note, however, that the goal of this coin is to be the most secure scrypt coin. This can be done by combining most of the hashing power of all LTC-compatible coins. In this way it is theoretically possible to get more GH/s than LTC.

Have you all read about the bounty (USC 100) for finding LTC-compatible coins to use as merged mining parent chain? (see at the top of this thread)

i wondered about this..

what happens when USC has more hash power than parent chain, it just works like normal except if you solve parent chain block it can't "solve" secondary chain block?

i.e. atm with namecoin, (i believe) if you solve a bitcoin block it can also solve the namecoin block at the same time? something like that..

can you clear that up? (i know i've read the answer a long time ago but has slipped my mind)

-- edit - if people are using multiple parent chains (seperate people) then USC could have more hash than LTC, how does that work or does USC never have more hash power than biggest parent chain.. confusing actually now

united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 12:58:28 PM

--->6Gh/s

That.

i wondered about this..

what happens when USC has more hash power than parent chain, it just works like normal except if you solve parent chain block it can't "solve" secondary chain block?

i.e. atm with namecoin, (i believe) if you solve a bitcoin block it can also solve the namecoin block at the same time? something like that..

can you clear that up? (i know i've read the answer a long time ago but has slipped my mind)

-- edit - if people are using multiple parent chains (seperate people) then USC could have more hash than LTC, how does that work or does USC never have more hash power than biggest parent chain.. confusing actually now

There is no problem. I'm currenly experimenting with LKY as parent chain and USC as child. I have an LKY solution, which is not accepted by USC, because it is too 'easy'.

USC can, in theory, if enough people start to merged mine, have a higher rate than LTC.
snailbrain
Legendary

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 01:00:20 PM

--->6Gh/s

That.

i wondered about this..

There is no problem. I'm currenly experimenting with LKY as parent chain and USC as child. I have an LKY solution, which is not accepted by USC, because it is too 'easy'.

USC can, in theory, if enough people start to merged mine, have a higher rate than LTC.

ok, this is fun

(i get easily excited)

#R#a#u#t#e#

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 08:48:15 PM

This defenitly needs a public pool for merged mining!
To solo mergemine is pretty useless at diff 64 wich will quadrupel in ~400 Blocks i guess....
gritter

Activity: 147
Merit: 101

Datum.network - register for Pre-ICO

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 05:45:18 AM

I mined some against CNC (ChinaCoin) as Parent

USC BLock #19357
http://unitedscryptcoin.org/block/3ea91b2b07865c11c592503f6e334aa2b8b8b6ff7014947a00b2d903f4e2df16

Parent
CNC Block #114,622
http://coinplorer.com/CNC/Blocks/1719d61692e753038d7f6d6bb9dc44d1f070dafe4a274edf9237df9c287ff1be

USC UWLDM5VHoueGh9MJBaawKZoKpFdUngQmJA
#R#a#u#t#e#

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:09:29 PM

Is anyone trusted willing to run a Giveaway thread? I would donate 150 USC. I cant right now due to lack of time.

Also im interested in a public pool for merge mining this! Of cause merged with one or even some of the mayor crypto currencies ( should be listed at http://coinmarketcap.com/ ).
Maybe we should start a bounty for that?  I would be willing to throw in some USC...
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:12:35 PM

i can add usc to one of my DGC PPS pools and i will distribute USC in giveaways if u like?

#R#a#u#t#e#

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:27:17 PM

Why not regular Payout in relation to the shares of the miners ?
I guess this would also be great marketing for the pool if the users gain aditional USC while mining DGC!

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:28:07 PM

current software doesnt support it

#R#a#u#t#e#

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:32:27 PM

How hard could it be to implement?
A Dayly manual payout would be annoying i guess..

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 02:53:54 PM

quite hard if im honest since there isnt any existing pool software supporting it

united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 05:21:11 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2013, 05:39:00 PM by united-scrypt-coin

Thats great  Smiley Bounty paid (adc07eb25f27b6006ad5edeb62f03bebfc08c0cb4bd969bae973450e044c8802). I will add your proof to the announcement.
united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 05:45:07 PM

i can add usc to one of my DGC PPS pools and i will distribute USC in giveaways if u like?

That would both be great. I will donate USC 350 to a giveaway. What is a reasonable amount to give? USC 1? USC 2? (that will be a looong thread...)

Pool support of merged mining is needed. Please add USC to one (or all) of your pools! (if you are the first to prove a block is mined against an other major scryptcoin, you can claim a bounty of USC 100)

#R#a#u#t#e#

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 06:48:16 PM

I suggest 1 USC because of the current difficulty of almost 200 and Block reward of 50.
This is quiet a lot, a decent VGA card (~500Kh/s) gives 2,5 coins a day right now.

To mine one coin it costs me more than USD 0,5 (germany)
united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 06:57:24 PM

I suggest 1 USC because of the current difficulty of almost 200 and Block reward of 50.
This is quiet a lot, a decent VGA card (~500Kh/s) gives 2,5 coins a day right now.

To mine one coin it costs me more than USD 0,5 (germany)

ahmed_bodi, are you willing to do a thread with 500 giveaways of USC 1? Otherwise, maybe we should limit the amount to, say USC 250 or lower?
zoro

Activity: 226

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 07:31:45 PM

will anyone implement a merge pool? with whatever parent

"killer app" of BTC = MasterCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=265488.0Mastercoin(A new protocol layer on top of Bitcoin)
ahmed_bodi

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 07:51:30 PM

ill just run the client in my pools and any merged coins ill use to do a giveaway that we can keep an always running giveaway

marcetin
Legendary

Activity: 1124
Merit: 1013

ParalleCoin's ruler from the shadow

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 07:55:31 PM

Interesting, I was thinking few days ago is this possible to make. Glad to see it could, and hope it will work good.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  PLAN 9   FROM CRYPTO SPACE    PARALLELCOIN 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My fellow members, ask not what the community can do for you, ask what you can do for the community. CCW-WebRes-BitStickers-AnonStickers.shop------------------------------ ParallelCoin

The Secret of Success is to find out where people are going.. and get there first! - Mark Twain
Bitrated user: marcetin.
united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 08:06:22 PM

ill just run the client in my pools and any merged coins ill use to do a giveaway that we can keep an always running giveaway

That would be okay, IF you inform your users. It would be bad to use their hashingpower to generate coins they can't get.

Maybe you can make USC optional. Every user that does not supply an address, loses his/her coins to you.
ahmed_bodi

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 09:07:52 PM

it wouldnt be possible to work like that if i could do it like that id just run as 1 full merged mining pool. im going to see what i can do then decide

peterlustig

Activity: 812

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:50:46 PM

Sorry if these questions have already been asked and answered:

How hard is it to apply the merged mining patch to other scryptcoins and to coins using other algos like YAC and QRK and their clones, would those builds be valid to the network and how many people are doing this already?

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████▀▀█▀▀███████
``████████``█``████████
`██████``````````▀██████
█████████```████```██████
█████████`````````███████
█████████```████▄``▀█████
█████████```████▀```█████
`██████```````````▄█████
``████████``█``████████
```███████▄▄█▄▄███████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRK Defi

The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain
                             In Decentralized Finance

Draken Exchange
     DrakenX

Facebook
     Twitter

`````````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
`````▄█████████████▄
```███████████████████
``█████████████████████
`████████████▀▀▀`````███
████████▀▀▀````▄█````████
████▀▀``````▄██▀````▄████
███▄▄`````███▀``````█████
███████``██`````````█████
`███████`▐`````````█████
``███████▐`████▄▄`▄████
```███████▄███████████
`````▀█████████████▀
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
```███████████████████
```````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.Telegram.
Channel
gritter

Activity: 147

Datum.network - register for Pre-ICO

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 12:57:12 AM

Thats great  Smiley Bounty paid (adc07eb25f27b6006ad5edeb62f03bebfc08c0cb4bd969bae973450e044c8802). I will add your proof to the announcement.

thanks, received!

btw, what is the block time target?
united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 05:03:50 AM

thanks, received!

btw, what is the block time target?

2.5 min, just like LTC.

Feel free to find other parent chains. The is no 1 per person limit. (only 1 per blockchain and 10 in total).
united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 05:06:42 AM

Sorry if these questions have already been asked and answered:

How hard is it to apply the merged mining patch to other scryptcoins and to coins using other algos like YAC and QRK and their clones, would those builds be valid to the network and how many people are doing this already?

If you apply the merged mining patch to some coin, you create a hard fork in the network. One fork that accepts merge mined blocks and one fork that doesn't. Merged mined blocks are only valid if the maintainer says so and the community of the corresponding coin agrees.
mattle74

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 02:24:34 AM

Any plans on getting this on an exchange? It must be extremely popular because the difficulty is already at 195 but no one here is really talking about it and I don't see anyone really trading it.
united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:46:03 AM

Any plans on getting this on an exchange? It must be extremely popular because the difficulty is already at 195 but no one here is really talking about it and I don't see anyone really trading it.

The coin is still very young, and most >95% of the blocks are generated by the same entity. The parent coinbase almost always pays to
Code:
OP_DUP OP_HASH160 aa3750aa18b8a0f3f0590731e1fab934856680cf OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG
which is Litecoin address LajyQBeZaBA1NkZDeY8YT5RYYVRkXMvb2T. Probably a pool, which pool is it? We should probably ask this pool to advertise they are mining USC and share it with their users.... (for example litecoin block 1cbe5cf12497add684aeab2be976695a531b238476412ae992b627f4c2bbb51c is used to mine USC block da40a636f943ab8c9254a99fbd3509e2f2b44f3db4a6f494925971c1ccef25bf, see the output of unitedscryptcoind getblock da40a636....)

Yesterday, this large miner stopped mining for some time, and the blockrate of USC dropped to 1 block per hour (while 24 blocks are the normal amount).

We need more distribution of hashrate, and large pools that advertise they are mining USC and share it with users.

I expect this coin to be on an exchange within 6 months, if not, I will probably build an exchange myself.
mattle74

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 08:23:16 AM

The coin is still very young, and most >95% of the blocks are generated by the same entity. The parent coinbase almost always pays to
Code:
OP_DUP OP_HASH160 aa3750aa18b8a0f3f0590731e1fab934856680cf OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG
which is Litecoin address LajyQBeZaBA1NkZDeY8YT5RYYVRkXMvb2T. Probably a pool, which pool is it? We should probably ask this pool to advertise they are mining USC and share it with their users.... (for example litecoin block 1cbe5cf12497add684aeab2be976695a531b238476412ae992b627f4c2bbb51c is used to mine USC block da40a636f943ab8c9254a99fbd3509e2f2b44f3db4a6f494925971c1ccef25bf, see the output of unitedscryptcoind getblock da40a636....)

Yesterday, this large miner stopped mining for some time, and the blockrate of USC dropped to 1 block per hour (while 24 blocks are the normal amount).

We need more distribution of hashrate, and large pools that advertise they are mining USC and share it with users.

I expect this coin to be on an exchange within 6 months, if not, I will probably build an exchange myself.

I did notice that the difficulty seemed to hang for a while so that would explain it. Thanks for the response.

It's funny, most junkcoins get a ton of attention right after an ANN thread and USC seems more like Fight Club... the first rule of USC is you don't talk about USC. I think you've really built something amazingly innovative for scrypt, a lot more than most coins. I imagine once it hits an exchange, it will be quite valuable. Just look at Namecoin.
General-Beck

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 06:59:34 PM

Code:
unitedscryptcoind getinfo
{
    "version" : 80501,
    "protocolversion" : 70002,
    "walletversion" : 60000,
    "balance" : 0.00000000,
    "blocks" : 21775,
    "timeoffset" : -1,
    "connections" : 8,
    "proxy" : "",
    "difficulty" : 195.60405736,
    "testnet" : false,
    "keypoololdest" : 1386436349,
    "keypoolsize" : 101,
    "paytxfee" : 0.00000000,
    "mininput" : 0.00010000,
    "errors" : ""
}
merged mining started on LTC p2pool. wait for first block ...
#R#a#u#t#e#

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 11:04:33 AM

Is anyone trusted willing to run a Giveaway thread? I would donate 150 USC. I cant right now due to lack of time.

Also im interested in a public pool for merge mining this! Of cause merged with one or even some of the mayor crypto currencies ( should be listed at http://coinmarketcap.com/ ).
Maybe we should start a bounty for that?  I would be willing to throw in some USC...

my offer is still valid  Wink

OP please update the first post with some data like blocktime, blockreward over time, total blocks...  (Data is already known, but new people with interest should have it easier.)
theprofileth

Activity: 239

Socialist Cryptocurrency Devote

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 11:12:43 AM

This coin definitely needs to become more integrated, but that will only happen once an exchange picks it up that way pool ops will want to have an extra source of income + will be a reason to attract miners so we need to get this on an exchange in order to get people to pay attention to this or else it won't be worth their time.
theprofileth

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:31:44 PM

Also I just noticed I am having trouble syncing my wallet and it has been stuck at block 22313 for about half a day now, I even deleted the blockchain and tried to download it again and still it gets stuck on the same block  Cry
snailbrain
Legendary

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 11:00:46 PM

Also I just noticed I am having trouble syncing my wallet and it has been stuck at block 22313 for about half a day now, I even deleted the blockchain and tried to download it again and still it gets stuck on the same block  Cry

i just tried, same with me

curious as to what the issue is, maybe the giant pool stopped mining?

theprofileth

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:55:00 AM

Hmm I forced it to rebuild the block data base and now I am synced up and at block 22330 atm
united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:46:38 AM

Hmm I forced it to rebuild the block data base and now I am synced up and at block 22330 atm

As can be seen on the block explorer: there were no new blocks for a time. Probably because the large pool (10% of LTC) stopped mining USC for a couple of hours.
theprofileth

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 07:42:57 AM

Wow the difficulty is high, we are currently at about 80% the speed we should be. Any chance you might consider changing the difficulty algo? Also have you contact any exchanges to try and get your coin listed?
united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 04:10:58 PM
Last edit: December 09, 2013, 04:59:38 PM by united-scrypt-coin

I just sent the following message to pooler, admin of litecoinpool.org. Asking him for help identifying the pool that used to mine on this coin...

Hi pooler / [ANN][USC] readers ('open letter'),

I'm the creator of UnitedScryptCoin, a scrypt coin that can be merge mined with LTC for free.

Our difficulty has been racked up to 225, probably by a pool. This pool seems to have stopped mining our coin, leaving the blockchain dead in the water.

I would like to know which pool it is/was.

Since you have a nice hashrate breakout on your pool's website, I'd like to ask you to help me with this.

Said pool mines to LajyQBeZaBA1NkZDeY8YT5RYYVRkXMvb2T, LTC block 473042 was mined by this pool.

Can you help me identifying pool?

On a side note: would you be interested to merged mine this coin alongside USCLTC?

Unfortunately, pooler was unable to help us. Anyone know which pool generated this block? If you are with a pool, please check the statistics page to see if block 473042 was mined by your pool.
#R#a#u#t#e#

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:03:19 PM

I like the litecoinpool! Mining there since early 2013.

They recently had a list of the mayor LTC Pools on there site including infos on hashrates. I checked most of them for the given LTC adress from OP. Result: negative, none of them is the big bad Mergeminer.

The only big one i did not check is "LiteGuardian" ...  This does not proof anything by the way!!
But maybe someone could check if the reward for blocks mined by them are sent to the given adress?
KingGoon

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:13:21 PM

Est. Avg. Time per Round   6251 hours 30 minutes 38 seconds  Embarrassed

So Icy E-Money - Frozentalk.org FD1GwdBjTeMPFdZD5v3cVRG7ZoPJBAuLrf
All these girls excited ,Oooo ya know they like it ,Frozen so icy, so icy ,Haters don't try to fight it ,All yo friends invited ,Frozen so icy, so icy!!
united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:40:43 AM

Status update:

Of the latest 557 blocks, 557 blocks are made by our mysterious merged miner. He/she seems adjust his/her mining power to ease our difficulty down (Thanks for that  Smiley; you are probably reading this, please feel free to speak up!). A step down by a factor of four takes at least 4*3.5 days = 2 weeks.

Once our mysterious merged miner has < 50% of the blocks, normal growth of USC can begin.
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 07:53:19 AM

Instead of worrying too much about that, focus should be on creating a fix. i would introduce a this fix :- add a condition that if a block is not solved in a set given amount of time, difficulty returns to previous level or reduces by a certain amount. Regardless of which pool raped your coin, if you do not fix your own difficulty algo, any pool or individual with a farm can upset the diificulty with ease.

mattle74

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:58:38 PM

Status update:

Of the latest 557 blocks, 557 blocks are made by our mysterious merged miner. He/she seems adjust his/her mining power to ease our difficulty down (Thanks for that  Smiley; you are probably reading this, please feel free to speak up!). A step down by a factor of four takes at least 4*3.5 days = 2 weeks.

Once our mysterious merged miner has < 50% of the blocks, normal growth of USC can begin.

If someone could actually setup a working litecoin/scryptcoin merged mine with USC pool then it would probably help. Unfortunately, there isn't an out of the box solution available. p2pool is fine, but you would need to setup a custom backend to calculate shares submitted to distribute the USC evenly and a custom frontend to get user's USC wallet address. Have you thought about reaching out to some of the existing bitcoin merge mine enabled pools? They've obviously already set this system up before. Like Eligius or Bitparking?
ahmed_bodi

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:38:53 AM

backend i could do easily its frontend which wouldnt be possible atm for me

aa

Activity: 544

Litecoin is right coin

View Profile WWW
December 13, 2013, 03:35:28 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2013, 07:20:52 AM by aa

I didn't bother reading the thread so you may already know this: Litecoin is on 0.8.6.1, please update.

p2pool.lurkmore.com:9327 has merged mining going but I don't know how it'll end up paying out USC.

united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 06:41:41 PM

USC block with hash 58149cf0201c09a13acda604540f0d7d936b8004fd5fd497835449bdaf34faba was mined using WDC as a parent. I mined it.

Nice. I've added your proof to the announcement. Where shall I send the USC 100 bounty?
united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 06:47:57 PM

Instead of worrying too much about that, focus should be on creating a fix. i would introduce a this fix :- add a condition that if a block is not solved in a set given amount of time, difficulty returns to previous level or reduces by a certain amount. Regardless of which pool raped your coin, if you do not fix your own difficulty algo, any pool or individual with a farm can upset the diificulty with ease.

We can't battle a 51% with anything else than more hashpower.  Asymmetric difficulty adjustments will decrease security of the coin further. Our benevolent merged miner is currently the largest holder of USC, and therefore has an incentive to keep this coin alive.

united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 06:49:06 PM

I didn't bother reading the thread so you may already know this: Litecoin is on 0.8.6.1, please update.

p2pool.lurkmore.com:9327 has merged mining going but I don't know how it'll end up paying out USC.

New version expected this weekend.
crazy72

Activity: 44

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:33:05 AM

Hi

Just a doubt.
I configured p2pool under windows.
It created automatically a destination address in the litecoin wallet, but not in the Unitedscryptcoin wallett. Is it correct ?
At the moment I can see litecoin grow up but USC is still 0.
I used the --merged http://user@pass:unitedserveraddress port option.
But I don't see any gain on USC.

In the miner client I use my litecoin wallet as username.

What's wrong ?

thanks
Crazy
barwizi
Legendary

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:49:41 AM

whoever sets up a pool that merge mines every confirmed coin here is set to get rich
united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 11:22:39 AM
Last edit: December 14, 2013, 04:36:14 PM by united-scrypt-coin

Hi

Just a doubt.
I configured p2pool under windows.
It created automatically a destination address in the litecoin wallet, but not in the Unitedscryptcoin wallett. Is it correct ?
At the moment I can see litecoin grow up but USC is still 0.
I used the --merged http://user@pass:unitedserveraddress port option.
But I don't see any gain on USC.

In the miner client I use my litecoin wallet as username.

What's wrong ?

thanks
Crazy

The difficulty of USC is crazy high. If you'd have 1 MH/s of hashing power, generating an USC block will take 11 days on average. Just have patience.  I expect difficulty to decrease in about 1.5 weeks.

Edit: merged mining in p2pool is merged solo mining. So LTC is mined in the pool, but USC is mined solo. If you find a USC block, it is entirely for you.
theprofileth

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 12:18:12 AM

I again suggest that the retarget algo be something shorter like every 512 blocks instead of 2016 that way it adjusts about every day or so rather than every week.
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 02:34:07 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2013, 02:55:25 AM by fcmatt

whoever sets up a pool that merge mines every confirmed coin here is set to get rich

or the coin dies and it would be considered pre mined.

I have a user on my pool that brought this coin to my attention. If i read correctly this coin has source to integrate with p2pool but that is it. It seems the next step to get ltc pools on board is a patch to stratum and pushpool. Is this correct assumption?
united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:41:30 AM

I have a user on my pool that brought this coin to my attention. If i read correctly this coin has source to integrate with p2pool but that is it. It seems the next step to get ltc pools on board is a patch to stratum and pushpool. Is this correct assumption?

Stratum doesn't need to change, but the supplied coinb1 needs to contain the merged mining header and the hash returned by getauxblock.

pushpool needs to be modified to ask USC for the hash, submit solutions to USC and distribute generated coins among users. (will also look into this myself, pushpool looks promising)

It would be great if you'd add support for USC in your pool.
peer2peer360

Activity: 561

Institute of Advance Blockchain Research

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:31:42 AM

After reading through this thread im very much interested in USC.

Im aware this altcoin isnt on any exchange... With that being the case
Where can i buy USC or who's selling??

Anyone who is willin to help spread awareness about this promising project
& would like to offer some USC for sale let me know.

best regards
Peer2peer360
aa

Litecoin is right coin

View Profile WWW
December 16, 2013, 09:16:49 PM

I hope someone is working on P2Pool merged mining edits. There's a P2Pool version with many of the altcoins added here: https://github.com/blixnood/p2pool

mikeyfinn

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 12:18:24 AM

Any news about being able to mine at one of the pools instead of p2pool?

Bitcoin: 1KZr3AvQ3m8NWEGbBPzFMFXbzHxpCbkbv4
Huntercoin: HQWSihm1WPJfjdPbeLfdVc6nsqrnJW5fYR
Sync: Si1MjELBXaffuNgEN4Zd3PkM9qzu9pq5k5
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:05:28 AM

Stratum doesn't need to change, but the supplied coinb1 needs to contain the merged mining header and the hash returned by getauxblock.

pushpool needs to be modified to ask USC for the hash, submit solutions to USC and distribute generated coins among users. (will also look into this myself, pushpool looks promising)

I would be willing to give this a try if someone can assist me with it.
Pushpool would be a fine start if someone wants to give me a patch. If the coins show up in the wallet i can handle the rest. As in distribution to users.

I will freely admit i have never setup a merged mining pool.
mikeyfinn

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 04:15:38 AM

This would be AWESOME!  Grin

united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 09:32:44 AM

I would be willing to give this a try if someone can assist me with it.
Pushpool would be a fine start if someone wants to give me a patch. If the coins show up in the wallet i can handle the rest. As in distribution to users.

I will freely admit i have never setup a merged mining pool.

Some thoughts about a solution.

A proxy should be written that sits between
  • litecoind
  • unitedscryptcoin
  • pushpool

It should getauxblock from unitedscryptcoin, getblocktemplate from litecoind, put USC hash in LTC block and provide a getwork interface to pushpool. Then pushpool doesn't have to be modified.

Getting acquainted with libblkmaker now...
aa

Litecoin is right coin

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 12:13:37 PM

I don't see how it could be simpler to do all of that instead of modifying P2Pool: https://github.com/blixnood/p2pool

united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 12:39:10 PM

I don't see how it could be simpler to do all of that instead of modifying P2Pool: https://github.com/blixnood/p2pool

Good point!

You only need to firewall p2pool, so that you run a solo node, and point pushpool towards it.

ekmek

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 01:32:05 PM

Pardon my newbieness but could you help me identifying which part of the USC block contains the Litecoin hash ? Is it encoded in the transaction script ?
mikeyfinn

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:38:47 PM

As a newbie to all this, and also as a non-coder, it would be great, I think, to do both. People could then, as now with other coins, choose either p2pool or something like lite.coin-pool.com .

united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 02:47:21 PM

Pardon my newbieness but could you help me identifying which part of the USC block contains the Litecoin hash ? Is it encoded in the transaction script ?

First: find the hash of the USC block (either on the commandline or the debug console):
Code:
$ unitedscryptcoind getblockhash 10001
642639f20776313da4c16028388576c68abd96292e963303552d543b5a9b13df

Then get the block (also, either on the commandline or the debug console):
Code:
$ unitedscryptcoind getblock 642639f20776313da4c16028388576c68abd96292e963303552d543b5a9b13df
{
    "hash" : "642639f20776313da4c16028388576c68abd96292e963303552d543b5a9b13df",
    "pow_hash" : "b6238d5686e023cef880c54d1e54c84119060aaed517494bd5c55b2e33d268e3",
    "confirmations" : 13361,
    "size" : 755,
    "height" : 10001,
    "merkleroot" : "5abc1162b885a65647f86c99921a118270066eb912ce4b4c977f5ff11b3c66ee",
        "size" : 523,
            "txid" : "082c3ad598cde99850626cda979f120def107c4b2f8fbce2d2aea53da44f812a",
                {
                    "coinbase" : "03772f07fabe6d6d7897ed5c196dab5acdd4f2e4fcaa5053a6c161932f682a679218dc3a9f4583cf04000000000000004014150500000000f0000000",
                }
            ],
                {
                    "value" : 50.57290762,
                        "asm" : "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 aa3750aa18b8a0f3f0590731e1fab934856680cf OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
                        "hex" : "76a914aa3750aa18b8a0f3f0590731e1fab934856680cf88ac",
                            "UdW36McKmnRXjRLx8vnv9asH8aaciTFMYq"
                        ]
                    }
                }
            ]
        },
            "554f31be09c3595593af8ce7a2c8991fade90a0cc32386a2ffeb9f00763d2c15",
            "723355cedcbfec93f15c91dce2b74306534f199a353f92a0a79bf8094af26ba1",
            "0c5ded666e627d29ec239c30e8cc3494d118d9d132a13d89ecebb4c73c7d1700",
            "2a367327c0c174846625808bb182301cde78420531d17db453953763aa1e0cd0",
            "3c051b3c07e4a8baf9d01bb64174e87c5fb60026502f6254a6c04c195d656376",
            "ca596bfebcaceb304cc9d15b3be6acd09cdc9f7e215ce4fd1789dbee54560994"
        ],
            "0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000002",
            "c2bf026e62af95cd7b785e2cd5a5f1ec01fafda85886a8ebd34482c0b05dc2c2"
        ],
        "chainIndex" : 3,
            "hash" : "a67a73b6dfd5dbb2edd562ba0a42df49d64d3647901af1fc450e3d5ede910752",
            "pow_hash" : "000000002a3bd0933fb8ff6e550c7ab77869677f3c0e48bc94d52b05a35a7fd8",
            "version" : 2,
            "previousblockhash" : "51dd1b4131d9577c78e5dbcd3f0d1d25e360ed343f18792a98ae91d2d18b9d63",
            "merkleroot" : "1fd0691c974e0f74cad3dbd4ead2df556cd462b0a0a54567bf15e4d8e5d901e0",
            "time" : 1385977750,
            "bits" : "1b25ca66",
            "difficulty" : 1734.16053808,
            "nonce" : 3129217792
        }
    },
        "5abc1162b885a65647f86c99921a118270066eb912ce4b4c977f5ff11b3c66ee"
    ],
    "time" : 1385977749,
    "bits" : "1d0ffff0",
    "difficulty" : 0.06250000,
    "previousblockhash" : "ca341881775ac6dc35016335a347723ec88200fbbd06084ee9aa411829305273",
    "nextblockhash" : "4d5f5ac55554e376cee23f3dfcf87cc5a428f458e377237b53958c658de28e1e"
}

Now look at auxpow -> parent_block -> previousblockhash

This is the hash of the block on which the parent block is built. Unless it is an orphan, it will exist in the parent's blockchain. In this example, it is LTC block 51dd1b4131d9577c78e5dbcd3f0d1d25e360ed343f18792a98ae91d2d18b9d63.
aa

Litecoin is right coin

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 06:28:29 PM
Last edit: December 18, 2013, 11:35:23 PM by aa

Okay, so now I believe I have confirmed the four blocks that I found on http://ltc.lurkmore.com, merged with LTC.

587f189db1194c66635c31e0dfc8eb2ef28fd0dd1c1f1cff1fc7fadab32c25c0
1d32caa5d8f5285d32f50aebd34e7c101ddfe4acf9c511eecee8e990062422a3
6581cbfbac9f9dea943667af113158417256a4a6c647ee92b4377c9ee6d6f531
fddbead4744dab0b6d4c549ff2f24560339e500a264cca0b959f9c7942c124c3

mikeyfinn

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 04:29:38 AM

So I am currently switching between LTC/USC and DOGE/USC. But I want to have my cake and eat it too! I want to mine LTC/DOGE/USC all at once! How in the name of all the gods can we make that possible?

united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 05:23:04 AM

So I am currently switching between LTC/USC and DOGE/USC. But I want to have my cake and eat it too! I want to mine LTC/DOGE/USC all at once! How in the name of all the gods can we make that possible?

Did you get any blocks with DOGE? If you are the first to prove existence of such blocks in the USC blockchain, you get USC 100.

For LTC/DOGE/USC merged mining to happen, either LTC or DOGE needs to accept the 'merged mining as child chain patch'. LTC has little to gain, how the DOGE community feels about it: no idea.
mikeyfinn

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 06:09:49 AM

I am running only ~475 Kh/s, so I am not sure how well I am doing on the USC part, but I am certainly mining DOGE, so  guess i'll keep watching and see if anything appears in my USC wallet.

I will also try to get the word out in the #doge and #doge-dev channels on freenode.

If it works, maybe other scrypt coins will join in! =)

mikeyfinn

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 02:07:19 PM

Also, what needs to change so we can mine usc in a pool, instead of solo?

aa

Litecoin is right coin

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 07:30:46 AM

I need someone with the daemon synced to test my P2Pool modification. It's just to run a normal USC P2Pool node.

aa

Litecoin is right coin

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 07:36:17 AM

By the way, USC 23520 (http://unitedscryptcoin.org/block/7acc9f9dd368758a61f8a455bfc1656ec9e42fbf60e772241960239943b30406) = Dogecoin 19375* (http://dogechain.info//block/08d147dee18e1cca7944a057b66f36d97ec92959852626345551729b562e5c7c)

My address: UdTzGFx1emSBaEshoAnBSsUHqEbqbtZYi3

*or 19376, I'm not clear with which one it goes.

united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 09:18:42 AM

By the way, USC 23520 (http://unitedscryptcoin.org/block/7acc9f9dd368758a61f8a455bfc1656ec9e42fbf60e772241960239943b30406) = Dogecoin 19375* (http://dogechain.info//block/08d147dee18e1cca7944a057b66f36d97ec92959852626345551729b562e5c7c)

My address: UdTzGFx1emSBaEshoAnBSsUHqEbqbtZYi3

*or 19376, I'm not clear with which one it goes.

Thanks! Bounty paid! (19376 is part of DOGE implies 19375 is part of DOGE, so it doesn't matter that much)
stink

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 23, 2013, 02:55:52 AM

Flo.smalltimeminer.com has a shitload of hash.. maybe they can implement this?

BTC address: 1P4iEGR8oBjr27k3NyzLfi8wraGajMunLg
Cryptsy trade key: 48007eb091500413be905854f1c5d5a42bd9a94b
aa

Litecoin is right coin

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2013, 11:40:29 PM

Flo.smalltimeminer.com has a shitload of hash.. maybe they can implement this?
Have you contacted them and given them the necessary code to add merged mining?

General-Beck

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 24, 2013, 05:39:55 PM

Code:
   general-beck@general-beck-nonebook:~$ ./unitedscryptcoind listtransactions           
[                                                                                   
    {                                                                               
        "address" : "UdisYrpn1BouXw1k4w8mZXQoYPiM4aTM8z",                           
        "category" : "generate",                                                     
        "confirmations" : 140,                                                       
        "blockhash" : "44bf9dc7da33fc2840800bff3f50594e5d37239a630a40298e8fcd87f185c6
47",                                                                                 
        "blockindex" : 0,                                                           
        "blocktime" : 1387773718,                                                   
        "txid" : "139ecc8c47131e6c3279eed27ddd5f8e7d4e6a6e2050d3ea98a26f6d2ad82a4b",
        "time" : 1387773718,                                                         
        "timereceived" : 1387773758                                                 
    }                                                                               
]                                     
p2pool LTC merged mining
stink

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:48:49 PM

Contacted the owner of smalltimeminer he says he is looking into it..

BTC address: 1P4iEGR8oBjr27k3NyzLfi8wraGajMunLg
Cryptsy trade key: 48007eb091500413be905854f1c5d5a42bd9a94b
Warning__3

Activity: 154

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 03:22:59 AM

I'd reeeeally love to merge mine but i don't quite understand how to get it going :S

#R#a#u#t#e#

View Profile
January 05, 2014, 09:40:15 AM

Why not, i would sell 100 USC for best offer Smiley

Difficulty went quiet a bit down to 32 as i see.
Solo mining energy cost (non merged, Germany) 0.11 USD/coin
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 02:19:14 AM

Very interested in this concept, but I'm still trying to get my head around merged mining. (I actually found this thread by Googling "scrypt merged mining")

Is it that you can find USC blocks independently, but they're linked to/secured by the parent chain? IOW, you don't need to win a block on the parent chain to get USC?

If this is the case, then you'd be mad not to merge mine... although it does sound a little fiddly for early adopters. I've read this thread through once, will have to do it again later I think. Smiley
united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
January 07, 2014, 11:53:49 PM

Is it that you can find USC blocks independently, but they're linked to/secured by the parent chain? IOW, you don't need to win a block on the parent chain to get USC?

If this is the case, then you'd be mad not to merge mine... although it does sound a little fiddly for early adopters. I've read this thread through once, will have to do it again later I think. Smiley

Yes, you can find USC blocks with LTC as parent, without winning a block on LTC (since the difficulty of LTC is higher than that of USC).

Multiple people are currently in the process of writing software to make merged mining easier.
naplam

Activity: 252

Coin Developer - CrunchPool.com operator

View Profile WWW
January 16, 2014, 07:35:57 PM

Is this coin dead already? the website is down for me

Orgcoin.org

Activity: 15

View Profile WWW
January 17, 2014, 02:53:05 AM

Is this coin dead already? the website is down for me

Working fine here.
mattle74

View Profile
January 18, 2014, 05:23:59 PM

So did someone get this coin working on a pool or are there just some unscrupulous p2pool nodes merge mining and not distributing the coins to the miners? Difficulty has risen within the past week from in the 20s to now 698
#R#a#u#t#e#

View Profile
January 19, 2014, 11:29:57 AM

Looks like there is still growing interest in pump and dump coins...

Once the community grows up, coins like this will succeed!

This coin has a tremendous hashrate, at the moment even more than the hyped DOGE thing...
With hashrate comes security, therefore this coin has value, at least for me.
united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
January 20, 2014, 03:54:20 PM

Well, diff is high, but 95% comes from the same source (can be seen from the LTC payout address in the parent coinbase). Currently, this coin is not secure at all.

I'm working on a merged scrypt pool, it will be LTC/USC initially. Payout PPS. Bonus for finder of block. Pool interface will be like bitparking.

Stay tuned...
macbook-air

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 12:45:03 AM

Well, diff is high, but 95% comes from the same source (can be seen from the LTC payout address in the parent coinbase). Currently, this coin is not secure at all.

I'm working on a merged scrypt pool, it will be LTC/USC initially. Payout PPS. Bonus for finder of block. Pool interface will be like bitparking.

Stay tuned...

In fact 99% comes from us. Yesterday (UTC) we mined 536 blocks out of 543.

We are also introducing UnitedScryptCoin merged mining today. For every Bitcoin you mine at our pool, you get 1 USC, and for every Litecoin you mine, you get 5 USC. BTC/LTC/USC daily auto payout at ~04:00 UTC if balance >= 0.0005 BTC/0.01 LTC at 00:00 UTC on that day. BTC/LTC PPS at 4% fee.

We are currently world's 3rd largest Bitcoin mining pool (after GHash.IO and BTC Guild) and 2nd largest Litecoin mining pool (only after WeMineLTC).

Our website is currently only in Chinese.

http://www.f2pool.com/

united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
January 21, 2014, 06:40:18 AM
Last edit: January 21, 2014, 07:38:05 AM by united-scrypt-coin

Stay tuned...

We are also introducing UnitedScryptCoin merged mining today. For every Bitcoin you mine at our pool, you get 1 USC, and for every Litecoin you mine, you get 5 USC. BTC/LTC/USC daily auto payout at ~04:00 UTC if balance >= 0.0005 BTC/0.01 LTC at 00:00 UTC on that day. BTC/LTC PPS at 4% fee.

We are currently world's 3rd largest Bitcoin mining pool (after GHash.IO and BTC Guild) and 2nd largest Litecoin mining pool (only after WeMineLTC).

Good news! Nice to know where all the hashpower is coming from.
aa

Litecoin is right coin

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2014, 06:59:10 AM

I have about 70-100MH/s also mining it.

aa

Litecoin is right coin

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2014, 11:52:11 PM

One more thing, you should update to 0.8.6.2 due to a few issues in 0.8.6.1.

united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
January 23, 2014, 04:49:25 AM

One more thing, you should update to 0.8.6.2 due to a few issues in 0.8.6.1.

Thanks for the heads-up. Update will follow ASAP.
united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 11:00:52 AM

Version 0.8.6.2 released. Most notable fix: https://github.com/united-scrypt-coin-project/unitedscryptcoin/commit/5b17393890ed189b823012f4b7418407b0cf47a6
theprofileth

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 02:06:34 AM

Surprized this coin hasn't gotten up on coinedup yet, maybe someone should ask  Grin
bittick

Activity: 2296
Merit: 506

Cryptocasino.com

View Profile
January 29, 2014, 09:08:14 AM

not just quite yet.

Nova!

View Profile
January 30, 2014, 02:46:20 PM

Orgcoin is running a merge mined LTC/ORG pool.  It would be trivial to add USC to it.  At the moment my p2pool debug logs seem to indicate that p2pool thinks Orgcoin IS USC (we share a common codebase so it's not surprising).  Once I get that resolved I'll add USC to pool.orgcoin.org and you'll be able to earn USC & ORG while mining for LTC.

Donate @ 1LE4D5ERPZ4tumNoYe5GMeB5p9CZ1xKb4V
snailbrain
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2014, 10:18:48 PM

Huntercoin Release tomorrow - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435170.0

Add Huntercoin to your Merged Mined Pool with USC. Cheesy

rampa

Activity: 108

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 12:54:55 PM

PesetaCoin also added the USC merged mining schema. You can download the wallet at http://pesetacoin.info/?page_id=20

Scrypt merged mining + multipool! http://manicminer.in
juanichiloco

Activity: 236

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:10:53 AM

USC miners, you should try our merged mining pool at http://manicminer.in

We are mining all of this coins at merged mining, and it is actually working great:

LiteCoin
PesetaCoin
UnitedScryptCoin
HunterCoin
OrgCoin
CatCoin
DogeCoin
PotCoin
DigitalCoin

Give it a try!!

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ahmed_bodi

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:32:00 AM

We are mining all of this coins at merged mining, and it is actually working great:

LiteCoin
PesetaCoin
UnitedScryptCoin
HunterCoin
OrgCoin
CatCoin
DogeCoin
PotCoin
DigitalCoin

Give it a try!!

erm. those coins arent merged mined......

juanichiloco

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 12:42:49 AM

LiteCoin
PesetaCoin
UnitedScryptCoin
HunterCoin
OrgCoin
CatCoin
DogeCoin
PotCoin
DigitalCoin

Give it a try!!

Erm... Yes they are.

UnitedScryptCoin, PesetaCoin, HunterCoin and OrgCoin are 100% merged.

The other ones are used as the main chain to merge mine, and the pool divides the work between these main coins (LTC, DOGE, DGC, POT, CAT) so you get the maximum profit. The other ones are obviously merge mined all the time, free money.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ahmed_bodi

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:08:58 AM

LiteCoin
PesetaCoin
UnitedScryptCoin
HunterCoin
OrgCoin
CatCoin
DogeCoin
PotCoin
DigitalCoin

Give it a try!!

Erm... Yes they are.

The other ones are used as the main chain to merge mine, and the pool divides the work between these main coins (LTC, DOGE, DGC, POT, CAT) so you get the maximum profit. The other ones are obviously merge mined all the time, free money.
that clears it up. so its a multipool which also merge mines.

juanichiloco

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 01:22:38 AM

Basically yes, sorry for the missundestood, I thought it would be easier that way. In the pool everything is explained correctly.

rampa

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 01:38:15 AM

that clears it up. so its a multipool which also merge mines.

Thats it..... you mine one and get mony from all.. if you dont have (or dont want to have) wallet for all the coins, you always can open an account on an exchange and send them there.... CryptoRush has all of them except USC. but you can ask them to add it. (we asked with pesetacoin and they added it fast.

united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
February 16, 2014, 06:37:21 PM

LiteCoin
PesetaCoin
UnitedScryptCoin
HunterCoin
OrgCoin
CatCoin
DogeCoin
PotCoin
DigitalCoin

Give it a try!!

Erm... Yes they are.

Good news! (pool website, however, is unclear about which coins are merged minable and which are not)

On a side note: please vote for USC on http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php

WRT exchanges: I asked poloniex and cryptorush to add USC, they haven't responded yet. Feel free to ask them to add it.
rampa

View Profile WWW
February 16, 2014, 10:16:10 PM

LiteCoin
PesetaCoin
UnitedScryptCoin
HunterCoin
OrgCoin
CatCoin
DogeCoin
PotCoin
DigitalCoin

Give it a try!!

Erm... Yes they are.

Good news! (pool website, however, is unclear about which coins are merged minable and which are not)

On a side note: please vote for USC on http://www.allcrypt.com/beta/voting.php

WRT exchanges: I asked poloniex and cryptorush to add USC, they haven't responded yet. Feel free to ask them to add it.

This are the merged ones:

PesetaCoin
UnitedScryptCoin
HunterCoin
OrgCoin

Somebody knows of other ones?

CryptoMP

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 10:45:00 AM

Great Work Rampa on creating all the merged mining pool from scratch!!

Maybe you should add a note in the pool saying what are the merged ones!!
tonykay

Activity: 111

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 10:43:19 PM

Stay tuned...

One question mac book air, did f2pool.com is mining  the PTS coin PESETACOIN on  ?

macbook-air

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 12:51:51 AM
Last edit: February 22, 2014, 05:13:05 PM by macbook-air

One question mac book air, did f2pool.com is mining  the PTS coin PESETACOIN on  ?

PTS is ProtoShares. Yes, we are implementing ORG and PTC merged mining. Payout has not been activated for these two coins atm, but I think it will be soon. Payout activated for PTC.

hak8or

Activity: 172

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 06:37:04 PM

So, there are no paper wallets out for this yet?
juanichiloco

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 01:12:17 PM

Is this in an exchange already?

GiorgosK

Activity: 478
Merit: 253

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 09:40:14 AM

I just signed up with manicminer.in
and have my worker working (duh!)
I am using cgminer but I get Accepted Rejected 50%-50%
why is that ? is that normal on a merged mining scheme ?

BitBay - The Future of Free Markets  |  BCT thread  |  https://bitbay.market
Dynamic Peg  - Whitepaper out  -  Working implementation to be released soon
Web Markeplace coming Fall 2018
P2Pooler

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 11:18:11 AM

Think I have successfully merge mined USC with Auroracoin!

USC block 65766 contains Auroracoin hash:
b25b00024e106d649209d9d1cae5b5a9aa7df3fd22ac0be22cd1b81de1c79069

http://unitedscryptcoin.org/block/db51f3d69ba801ee93686a17a3f4a136cfff4738a6aead2640d74cc439016504
http://blockexplorer.auroracoin.eu/block/b25b00024e106d649209d9d1cae5b5a9aa7df3fd22ac0be22cd1b81de1c79069
AtlantisPlatform

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 04:52:44 PM

I don't understand, what good is usc if there is no exchange and noone wanting to buy it? What is it good for?
P2Pooler

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 05:40:43 PM

I don't understand, what good is usc if there is no exchange and noone wanting to buy it? What is it good for?

I think that is a good question, especially considering that chinese pool has mined almost all of it (not that there is anything wrong with that). If it did get up on an exchange they would have tons ready to dump. It was just fun to try to see if I could get a merge with another chain.  Grin
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2014, 07:54:43 PM

USC should theoretically be worth roughly 2x what pesetacoin is worth as there will be half as many total coins (as peseta.) It's a coin of importance because it was the first to introduce scrypt merged mining and other merged coins rely on it being kept up-to-date.

In reality, it's worth whatever someone will pay... you could always post an ad selling USC and see what offers you get. In the medium-term, it would be wise for the backers of USC and other chains based on it to get USC on an exchange.

P2Pooler

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 03:39:50 PM

...it would be wise for the backers of USC...
Is anybody still "backing" this coin? It doesn't look like united-scrypt-coin has posted in over a month and also hasn't responded to my PM regarding the Auroracoin merge so I am wondering if they have abandoned this project?
eroxors
Legendary

Activity: 924

Think. Positive. Thoughts.

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2014, 08:04:51 PM

...it would be wise for the backers of USC...
Is anybody still "backing" this coin? It doesn't look like united-scrypt-coin has posted in over a month and also hasn't responded to my PM regarding the Auroracoin merge so I am wondering if they have abandoned this project?

They logged in yesterday... I'd give it some time.

Hyacin

Activity: 29

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 02:45:16 AM

Log -

Code:
2014-03-06 00:42:09 AUX proof-of-work found  
     our hash: 8a30db462a2b2b95400b4f9cbab76f3bdfb0e53f12b05d785c1f968045de3196   
  parent hash: 000000000007c45dde55e56bfa6347000a52370c83c129708907b8e9985bb3aa 
       target: 0000000000540c26000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
2014-03-06 00:42:09 CBlock(hash=341fbef8ebc5342e9a49b759b5c96aece27f1c427baf2f9870d6d43177343f49, input=020101005ba185181e9cc3eb54b1a6c56bd711363b93c229225a506124c4972ebe0305dc59bc1b89429a56468d09fe85c403faec86269d94b33f9359cbfea786e361eb384bc41753260c541b00000000, PoW=8a30db462a2b2b95400b4f9cbab76f3bdfb0e53f12b05d785c1f968045de3196, ver=65794, hashPrevBlock=dc0503be2e97c42461505a2229c2933b3611d76bc5a6b154ebc39c1e1885a15b, hashMerkleRoot=38eb61e386a7fecb59933fb3949d2686ecfa03c485fe098d46569a42891bbc59, nTime=1394066507, nBits=1b540c26, nNonce=0, vtx=1)
2014-03-06 00:42:09   CTransaction(hash=38eb61e386a7fecb59933fb3949d2686ecfa03c485fe098d46569a42891bbc59, ver=1, vin.size=1, vout.size=1, nLockTime=0)
    CTxIn(COutPoint(0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000, 4294967295), coinbase 04260c541b010152)
    CTxOut(nValue=50.00000000, scriptPubKey=034aca4d8ee2a8e3c49ada18887af2)
  vMerkleTree: 38eb61e386a7fecb59933fb3949d2686ecfa03c485fe098d46569a42891bbc59
2014-03-06 00:42:09 generated 50.00
2014-03-06 00:42:10 keypool keep 2
2014-03-06 00:42:10 AddToWallet 38eb61e386a7fecb59933fb3949d2686ecfa03c485fe098d46569a42891bbc59  new
2014-03-06 00:42:10 ThreadRPCServer method=getauxblock
2014-03-06 00:42:11 NotifyTransactionChanged 38eb61e386a7fecb59933fb3949d2686ecfa03c485fe098d46569a42891bbc59 status=0
2014-03-06 00:42:11 updateWallet 38eb61e386a7fecb59933fb3949d2686ecfa03c485fe098d46569a42891bbc59 0
2014-03-06 00:42:11 Committing 1 changed transactions to coin database...
2014-03-06 00:42:11 SetBestChain: new best=341fbef8ebc5342e9a49b759b5c96aece27f1c427baf2f9870d6d43177343f49  height=66973  log2_work=56.229014  tx=70091  date=2014-03-06 00:41:47 progress=0.999995
2014-03-06 00:42:11 ProcessBlock: ACCEPTED

USC block (66973) -

Code:

{
"hash" : "341fbef8ebc5342e9a49b759b5c96aece27f1c427baf2f9870d6d43177343f49",
"pow_hash" : "8a30db462a2b2b95400b4f9cbab76f3bdfb0e53f12b05d785c1f968045de3196",
"confirmations" : 54,
"size" : 569,
"height" : 66973,
"merkleroot" : "38eb61e386a7fecb59933fb3949d2686ecfa03c485fe098d46569a42891bbc59",
"size" : 385,
"txid" : "573a16638e2fbdd7738472cfa980ca15a71eda2a2e66c7f40ee9741cb7063a8a",
{
"coinbase" : "03037a052cfabe6d6d341fbef8ebc5342e9a49b759b5c96aece27f1c427baf2f9870d6d43177343f490100000000000000062f503253482f",
}
],
{
"value" : 1000.00000000,
"asm" : "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 018be37a41c3e5d6a65025a36a10b83bf976cef0 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
"hex" : "76a914018be37a41c3e5d6a65025a36a10b83bf976cef088ac",
"UN8CDCtdxkUVJXSykkbohifkUL8tFgpqDf"
]
}
},
{
"asm" : "04ffd03de44a6e11b9917f3a29f9443283d9871c9d743ef30d5eddcd37094b64d1b3d8090496b53256786bf5c82932ec23c3b74d9f05a6f95a8b5529352656664b OP_CHECKSIG",
"hex" : "4104ffd03de44a6e11b9917f3a29f9443283d9871c9d743ef30d5eddcd37094b64d1b3d8090496b53256786bf5c82932ec23c3b74d9f05a6f95a8b5529352656664bac",
]
}
},
{
"asm" : "fc4e8c541af8a2f1ed67428c65064d88a3f01b9cb473ff51a10096154b0295a300000300",
"hex" : "24fc4e8c541af8a2f1ed67428c65064d88a3f01b9cb473ff51a10096154b0295a300000300",
}
}
]
},
],
],
"chainIndex" : 0,
"hash" : "f036203594f83bfb93fe123099afa9fc64e864ed1f0f258fd0bfe90f73a988e8",
"pow_hash" : "000000000007c45dde55e56bfa6347000a52370c83c129708907b8e9985bb3aa",
"previousblockhash" : "5fd0079fd963cac836fd3dfd59147e24d896d31972716578ee42bad374380027",
"merkleroot" : "573a16638e2fbdd7738472cfa980ca15a71eda2a2e66c7f40ee9741cb7063a8a",
"time" : 1394066509,
"bits" : "1d00a169",
"difficulty" : 1.58599743,
"nonce" : 3655468544
}
},
"38eb61e386a7fecb59933fb3949d2686ecfa03c485fe098d46569a42891bbc59"
],
"time" : 1394066507,
"bits" : "1b540c26",
"difficulty" : 779.73806737,
"previousblockhash" : "dc0503be2e97c42461505a2229c2933b3611d76bc5a6b154ebc39c1e1885a15b",
"nextblockhash" : "fc105dca1cba4518a28de92c07b6d0cc021e22adf676b1108237cee72dc953d7"
}

GDC block (358915) -

Code:

{
"hash" : "f036203594f83bfb93fe123099afa9fc64e864ed1f0f258fd0bfe90f73a988e8",
"confirmations" : 106,
"size" : 344,
"height" : 358915,
"merkleroot" : "573a16638e2fbdd7738472cfa980ca15a71eda2a2e66c7f40ee9741cb7063a8a",
"573a16638e2fbdd7738472cfa980ca15a71eda2a2e66c7f40ee9741cb7063a8a"
],
"time" : 1394066509,
"nonce" : 3655468544,
"bits" : "1d00a169",
"difficulty" : 1.58599743,
"previousblockhash" : "5fd0079fd963cac836fd3dfd59147e24d896d31972716578ee42bad374380027",
"nextblockhash" : "acf5c66a0dc9691bfb4e94afae727883836c05e4d36cf68cc004d28e1432535f"
}

My USC address for the bounty if I've proved this correctly Smiley - Ueme85xiVZyoqBQu8eEprGXonUKJV9bgfi
united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:08:05 PM

My USC address for the bounty if I've proved this correctly Smiley - Ueme85xiVZyoqBQu8eEprGXonUKJV9bgfi

Verified. Bounty sent!

Also requested payment address of P2Pooler.

5 bounties left...

Hyacin

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:09:52 PM

Verified. Bounty sent!

5 bounties left...

Woo hoo!  Thanks!!   Cheesy
P2Pooler

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:18:31 PM

Verified. Bounty sent!

5 bounties left...

Bounty Received! Thanks!
tqefasdasd

Activity: 7

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 06:38:45 AM

thank you !!
robao

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 05:08:49 PM

I have USC... no avalible exchange?

Huh

mickybtc

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 02:56:07 AM

Yeah where do i dump this crap?
UnitedScryptCoin???
MrE78

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 03:17:02 AM

UnitedScryptCoin???

No where!

Like CEX.IO but better SCRYPT.CC Scrypt based cloud hashing PM for script for auto reinvest
united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2014, 09:58:56 PM

UnitedScryptCoin???

You don't dump USC, you HODL  Smiley
anyone4u

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 05:58:59 AM

http://manicminer.in/news
CryptoMP

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 25, 2014, 10:41:19 AM

http://manicminer.in/news

Use sgminer and xIntensity instead of normal intensity and you will low rejects to 5-8%
Hyacin

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 03:20:17 PM

MNC + USC

Log -

Code:
2014-04-02 10:58:27 AUX proof-of-work found  
     our hash: 5ec033f614a6cd15cf097d1dd32e4d62fb3fc17f265be26712a10014644a6b22  
  parent hash: 00000000003f654e7ecc2b2595dd3b85bfa300d59ad0a16480343272f8572c3f  
       target: 00000000004c592f000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
2014-04-02 10:58:27 CBlock(hash=163434746cf2da9b33b41232e3c370d3a2505c23fbc5cd663956014dee28b3ab, input=02010100be077c8cd096b79e4262b3a9ca0d9174f67673fcc6917b13e8f13ee788e1652fa8de0a99346d7b388a514362d7b56778d05bd6c79eddfb5c55a1170b39d4a2dc42ed3b532f594c1b00000000, PoW=5ec033f614a6cd15cf097d1dd32e4d62fb3fc17f265be26712a10014644a6b22, ver=65794, hashPrevBlock=2f65e188e73ef1e8137b91c6fc7376f674910dcaa9b362429eb796d08c7c07be, hashMerkleRoot=dca2d4390b17a1555cfbdd9ec7d65bd07867b5d76243518a387b6d34990adea8, nTime=1396436290, nBits=1b4c592f, nNonce=0, vtx=1)
2014-04-02 10:58:27   CTransaction(hash=dca2d4390b17a1555cfbdd9ec7d65bd07867b5d76243518a387b6d34990adea8, ver=1, vin.size=1, vout.size=1, nLockTime=0)
    CTxIn(COutPoint(0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000, 4294967295), coinbase 042f594c1b010152)
    CTxOut(nValue=50.00000000, scriptPubKey=03b6f6d0fafbf482c791b7e93ccbcb)
  vMerkleTree: dca2d4390b17a1555cfbdd9ec7d65bd07867b5d76243518a387b6d34990adea8
2014-04-02 10:58:27 generated 50.00
2014-04-02 10:58:28 ThreadRPCServer method=getauxblock
2014-04-02 10:58:28 keypool keep 3
2014-04-02 10:58:30 AddToWallet dca2d4390b17a1555cfbdd9ec7d65bd07867b5d76243518a387b6d34990adea8  new
2014-04-02 10:58:31 NotifyTransactionChanged dca2d4390b17a1555cfbdd9ec7d65bd07867b5d76243518a387b6d34990adea8 status=0
2014-04-02 10:58:31 updateWallet dca2d4390b17a1555cfbdd9ec7d65bd07867b5d76243518a387b6d34990adea8 0
2014-04-02 10:58:32 Committing 1 changed transactions to coin database...
2014-04-02 10:58:32 SetBestChain: new best=163434746cf2da9b33b41232e3c370d3a2505c23fbc5cd663956014dee28b3ab  height=82553  log2_work=56.99924  tx=86663  date=2014-04-02 10:58:10 progress=0.999997
2014-04-02 10:58:32 ProcessBlock: ACCEPTED

USC block (82553) -

Code:
{
"hash" : "163434746cf2da9b33b41232e3c370d3a2505c23fbc5cd663956014dee28b3ab",
"pow_hash" : "5ec033f614a6cd15cf097d1dd32e4d62fb3fc17f265be26712a10014644a6b22",
"confirmations" : 92,
"size" : 638,
"height" : 82553,
"merkleroot" : "dca2d4390b17a1555cfbdd9ec7d65bd07867b5d76243518a387b6d34990adea8",
"size" : 454,
"txid" : "c6775a280aa602949274bbddfcb9c5820e3a36bfc1468600a44956f5a81ce321",
{
"coinbase" : "0372e1052cfabe6d6db7c1b84c9c9bbc288e06993e3ae1300ff365eb68905ee870aa511ca5d091a0a10400000000000000062f503253482f",
}
],
{
"value" : 2.00000000,
"asm" : "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 766b45a23244799fa34e6ef9dbb423645b844d40 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
"hex" : "76a914766b45a23244799fa34e6ef9dbb423645b844d4088ac",
"UYnACQkrukieSYGb14XjrXfU15x3MCsYvh"
]
}
},
{
]
}
},
{
"asm" : "OP_RETURN 1157162c2a77f6744ac36fee0b257676a1461b9a05fc3ef334c65663f47f001b0000000003000000",
"hex" : "6a281157162c2a77f6744ac36fee0b257676a1461b9a05fc3ef334c65663f47f001b0000000003000000",
}
}
]
},
],
"0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000",
"536aae7ee1e94aebd6c99ecf253d3a4fa6e7b18b0ab6ad879643e1ab0fa4a945"
],
"hash" : "ad7d65e3d47e879da7bafa36d58b7338890875a661bb5119da6700c7cf432081",
"pow_hash" : "00000000003f654e7ecc2b2595dd3b85bfa300d59ad0a16480343272f8572c3f",
"previousblockhash" : "716bda1f3a7e0d5a718dc66bae00a0d9749ec9277d1645b9ee50d92c17a4bc87",
"merkleroot" : "c6775a280aa602949274bbddfcb9c5820e3a36bfc1468600a44956f5a81ce321",
"time" : 1396436296,
"bits" : "1c6f1500",
"difficulty" : 2.30456799,
"nonce" : 1842360576
}
},
"dca2d4390b17a1555cfbdd9ec7d65bd07867b5d76243518a387b6d34990adea8"
],
"time" : 1396436290,
"bits" : "1b4c592f",
"difficulty" : 858.36799227,
"previousblockhash" : "2f65e188e73ef1e8137b91c6fc7376f674910dcaa9b362429eb796d08c7c07be",
"nextblockhash" : "9b88f14c5ac90132db9b7fa1c40f0ade92e2c18198672302f6517a011675d87e"
}

MNC block (385394) -

Code:
{
    "hash" : "ad7d65e3d47e879da7bafa36d58b7338890875a661bb5119da6700c7cf432081",
    "confirmations" : 100,
    "size" : 349,
    "height" : 385394,
    "merkleroot" : "c6775a280aa602949274bbddfcb9c5820e3a36bfc1468600a44956f5a81ce321",
        "c6775a280aa602949274bbddfcb9c5820e3a36bfc1468600a44956f5a81ce321"
    ],
    "time" : 1396436296,
    "nonce" : 1842360576,
    "bits" : "1c6f1500",
    "difficulty" : 2.30456799,
    "previousblockhash" : "716bda1f3a7e0d5a718dc66bae00a0d9749ec9277d1645b9ee50d92c17a4bc87",
    "nextblockhash" : "c210cd7a1c3cc8032aec91c69c458a41e16b8f82b29d4bfc2a25c341364fefd6"
}

united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
April 02, 2014, 08:25:48 PM

MNC + USC

Verified and paid! 4 bounties left  Wink
exarena

Activity: 50

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2014, 12:52:18 AM
Last edit: April 03, 2014, 01:39:23 AM by exarena

USC/BTC market has been added to https://exarena.net/markets/usc-btc/

Happy trading Smiley
Hyacin

View Profile
April 09, 2014, 04:35:20 PM

"Warning: Displayed transactions may not be correct!  You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade."

I'm running the latest version though and it doesn't look like a new one has been released recently ... wallet can't sync, said it was 3 hours behind when I woke up (about two hours ago), and now it says it's 5 hours behind ...

What happened at ~7:30 AM EST?  Any news/fix/solution to this?
almightyruler
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1092

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:40:20 AM

"Warning: Displayed transactions may not be correct!  You may need to upgrade, or other nodes may need to upgrade."

I'm running the latest version though and it doesn't look like a new one has been released recently ... wallet can't sync, said it was 3 hours behind when I woke up (about two hours ago), and now it says it's 5 hours behind ...

Had a quick look at the source and it seems that message may be displayed when you fork. The network seems to be producing blocks still; last one minted around 7 minutes ago, block 87450. Have you tried quitting and restarting your client a couple of times? If more than one node has forked with you it may take a couple of goes before you get the right mix of peers to get you back onto the main chain. Having said that, I cannot see any obvious fork.
Hyacin

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 04:44:23 AM

Had a quick look at the source and it seems that message may be displayed when you fork. The network seems to be producing blocks still; last one minted around 7 minutes ago, block 87450. Have you tried quitting and restarting your client a couple of times? If more than one node has forked with you it may take a couple of goes before you get the right mix of peers to get you back onto the main chain. Having said that, I cannot see any obvious fork.

Awesome, thanks! Tried restarting a few times and no dice, so I toasted my blocks, chainstate and database directories and started fresh.  When it got to about 24 hours remaining it dawned on me that I had a bunch of "addnode" statements in the config and that they could have been what was keeping me from getting back on track, so I stopped it, removed those just to be safe, restarted it, and am back up to date and good again!  Thanks a bunch!
aa

Litecoin is right coin

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 08:07:47 AM

Even when a coin is new, users should only have one or two addnodes max. When the network is stable, addnodes aren't necessary any longer, though it doesn't hurt to have healthy supernodes.

OP, you're going to need to update the client soon--within the week, if not within a few days.

aa

Litecoin is right coin

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2014, 08:08:38 AM

USC/BTC market has been added to https://exarena.net/markets/usc-btc/

Happy trading Smiley

Looks like a dead market, unfortunately.

Hyacin

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 08:10:30 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2014, 08:34:10 AM by Hyacin

Nyan + USC

Log -

Code:
2014-04-10 07:59:52 AUX proof-of-work found  
     our hash: cc1346279068362672107fecd5ae9c7621dc92c0f451ec8917120a00ad73e01c  
  parent hash: 000000000033a232fd45fbd1bd5058b4f420564427677c64ac332fcf9f163be7  
       target: 000000000048f64b000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
2014-04-10 07:59:52 CBlock(hash=5f1ed5913c2295041979c6a006fd387dbc607af4c11c20bf3c47e77fd9c1e892, input=02010100dc050597ba5b64e9acae18aaceb5bf81768c79305896e9b0bf4598af1cbb299a64c4f4f72561782da06228b3079fff21e09db3550cd884557803135e6830f2516d4f46534bf6481b00000000, PoW=cc1346279068362672107fecd5ae9c7621dc92c0f451ec8917120a00ad73e01c, ver=65794, hashPrevBlock=9a29bb1caf9845bfb0e9965830798c7681bfb5ceaa18aeace9645bba970505dc, hashMerkleRoot=51f230685e1303785584d80c55b39de021ff9f07b32862a02d786125f7f4c464, nTime=1397116781, nBits=1b48f64b, nNonce=0, vtx=1)
2014-04-10 07:59:52   CTransaction(hash=51f230685e1303785584d80c55b39de021ff9f07b32862a02d786125f7f4c464, ver=1, vin.size=1, vout.size=1, nLockTime=0)
    CTxIn(COutPoint(0000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000, 4294967295), coinbase 044bf6481b010152)
    CTxOut(nValue=50.00000000, scriptPubKey=0332b97b8f93dc7c27738a3e11b03a)
  vMerkleTree: 51f230685e1303785584d80c55b39de021ff9f07b32862a02d786125f7f4c464
2014-04-10 07:59:52 generated 50.00
2014-04-10 07:59:52 keypool keep 4
2014-04-10 07:59:52 ThreadRPCServer method=getauxblock
2014-04-10 07:59:52 AddToWallet 51f230685e1303785584d80c55b39de021ff9f07b32862a02d786125f7f4c464  new
2014-04-10 07:59:52 NotifyTransactionChanged 51f230685e1303785584d80c55b39de021ff9f07b32862a02d786125f7f4c464 status=0
2014-04-10 07:59:52 updateWallet 51f230685e1303785584d80c55b39de021ff9f07b32862a02d786125f7f4c464 0
2014-04-10 07:59:53 Committing 1 changed transactions to coin database...
2014-04-10 07:59:53 SetBestChain: new best=5f1ed5913c2295041979c6a006fd387dbc607af4c11c20bf3c47e77fd9c1e892  height=87546  log2_work=57.167302  tx=91933  date=2014-04-10 07:59:41 progress=0.999999
2014-04-10 07:59:53 ProcessBlock: ACCEPTED

USC block (87546) -

Code:

{
"hash" : "5f1ed5913c2295041979c6a006fd387dbc607af4c11c20bf3c47e77fd9c1e892",
"pow_hash" : "cc1346279068362672107fecd5ae9c7621dc92c0f451ec8917120a00ad73e01c",
"confirmations" : 2,
"size" : 670,
"height" : 87546,
"merkleroot" : "51f230685e1303785584d80c55b39de021ff9f07b32862a02d786125f7f4c464",
"size" : 486,
"txid" : "14550722e9a3968729a89f286150f4b6ea203689813d59cabaa6a6943378a36d",
{
"coinbase" : "03fcf4012cfabe6d6d3ecf0e23623539b63f476cac98af24e3b184b406e2209efc243aeedaece292020400000000000000062f503253482f",
}
],
{
"value" : 337.00000000,
"asm" : "OP_DUP OP_HASH160 8d51e6bd757a8671a796a9ba743e74994183da08 OP_EQUALVERIFY OP_CHECKSIG",
"hex" : "76a9148d51e6bd757a8671a796a9ba743e74994183da0888ac",
"UasFM36RdnVqhKzXNtF97kENHk6Xj2gAXz"
]
}
},
{
]
}
},
{
"asm" : "OP_RETURN dc358a1081c08536a238df16f6a19cafcaf70fd81a7986375358b31e134f37160100000001000000",
"hex" : "6a28dc358a1081c08536a238df16f6a19cafcaf70fd81a7986375358b31e134f37160100000001000000",
}
}
]
},
"7a881016d48e67d5e982064deaa91dda3015ab200222081b39fd631e0ee80987"
],
"9f22f9135b6708db5656938c50bc16d2218c83db7277ba7ed13915d7b96ea718",
"8ac8e4041748e17a77553b8260bc99bfe4eb2ee88b1b90ad5a5ab799aca60ffa"
],
"hash" : "899a32bcd7f3b3e6bf260a1a4c5aa95cfdf6d86786b640b2099ca05536499514",
"pow_hash" : "000000000033a232fd45fbd1bd5058b4f420564427677c64ac332fcf9f163be7",
"previousblockhash" : "ec654f58c2453fbfdc5e66f5f24f695ca1b7d013728e5c1fd29509cf37de72cf",
"merkleroot" : "80d006c0fe88d471877c0156088f50d804736fbdf5304cb3fb3c954072826dff",
"time" : 1397116792,
"bits" : "1c7f969d",
"difficulty" : 2.00642243,
"nonce" : 3736600832
}
},
"51f230685e1303785584d80c55b39de021ff9f07b32862a02d786125f7f4c464"
],
"time" : 1397116781,
"bits" : "1b48f64b",
"difficulty" : 898.20627763,
"previousblockhash" : "9a29bb1caf9845bfb0e9965830798c7681bfb5ceaa18aeace9645bba970505dc",
"nextblockhash" : "aa604a1360dfd35d396b998b643b4899af04ec3c7774996c5073704ea6389210"
}

Nyancoin block (128252) -

Code:
{
    "hash" : "899a32bcd7f3b3e6bf260a1a4c5aa95cfdf6d86786b640b2099ca05536499514",
    "confirmations" : 12,
    "size" : 723,
    "height" : 128252,
    "merkleroot" : "80d006c0fe88d471877c0156088f50d804736fbdf5304cb3fb3c954072826dff",
        "14550722e9a3968729a89f286150f4b6ea203689813d59cabaa6a6943378a36d",
        "7a881016d48e67d5e982064deaa91dda3015ab200222081b39fd631e0ee80987"
    ],
    "time" : 1397116792,
    "nonce" : 3736600832,
    "bits" : "1c7f969d",
    "difficulty" : 2.00642243,
    "previousblockhash" : "ec654f58c2453fbfdc5e66f5f24f695ca1b7d013728e5c1fd29509cf37de72cf",
    "nextblockhash" : "1b9f3dd9c3be995f63a54b20b19d0ace268f5c704a9a534bbbc0a730de7681f6"
}

My USC address for the bounty if I've proved this correctly Smiley Smiley Smiley - Ueme85xiVZyoqBQu8eEprGXonUKJV9bgfi
Hyacin

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 08:12:02 AM

Even when a coin is new, users should only have one or two addnodes max. When the network is stable, addnodes aren't necessary any longer, though it doesn't hurt to have healthy supernodes.

Good to know!  ty!
united-scrypt-coin (OP)

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 03:17:57 PM

Nyan + USC

My USC address for the bounty if I've proved this correctly Smiley Smiley Smiley - Ueme85xiVZyoqBQu8eEprGXonUKJV9bgfi

Verified and paid again!

Thanks to almightyruler for his quick response to Hyacin.

Users of precompiled binaries should not expose SSL to the outside world (the default configuration does not use SSL). Safe binaries will arrive in due course.
tecnopollo

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 12:44:06 PM

1 up
theprofileth

View Profile
May 21, 2014, 10:40:48 PM

USC needs to relaunch with more innovation than just merged minability as that is no longer important to anyone really
FreeTrade
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1030

View Profile
May 28, 2014, 06:29:02 PM

USC needs to relaunch with more innovation than just merged minability as that is no longer important to anyone really

Scrypt merged mining is a great step forward, but I agree it is not enough to excite investors without additional innovation.

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
FreeTrade
Legendary

View Profile
May 29, 2014, 02:51:58 PM

Is it possible to mine USC as both a primary and secondary coin at the same time?

Membercoin - Layer 1 Coin used for the member.cash decentralized social network.
10% Interest On All Balances. Browser and Solo Mining. 100% Distributed to Users and Developers.
checkraiser

Activity: 17

View Profile
May 31, 2014, 06:35:39 AM

I have merged mined USC (and other merged coins) with many different primary chains but have never tried merged mining with itself.
Wouldn't your miner be submitting duplicate POW to the same chain? 

aa

Litecoin is right coin

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2014, 08:59:58 PM

Wouldn't your miner be submitting duplicate POW to the same chain? 
Yes, it would.

aa

Litecoin is right coin

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 07:18:45 PM

Does anyone know of a P2Pool repo that pays out the merged mined coins to the miners, and not only to the pool's wallet?

neuroMode

Activity: 448

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 01:24:19 AM

Hey, if a developer could join #ixcoin on freenode we (Myriadcoin) would like to help upgrade your client and invite you to test our new PolyMYR merge mining pool.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
FreeTrade
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 05:25:35 AM

Hmm, I wasn't able to contact the USC dev at all - I think he's MIA.

As far as I can tell, the only live merge-mined scrypt coins left are PesetaCoin and LottoShares.

zarton

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 05:55:09 AM

As far as I can tell, the only live merge-mined scrypt coins left are PesetaCoin and LottoShares.

There is another two alive merged mining coins, tacocoin and the newest umbrella-litecoin. In the next days/weeks dogecoin also join to the merge mining with litecoin.

FreeTrade
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 06:09:59 AM

Wow. That's big news for Doge - I don't know how I missed that!

It's good news, but they need to adjust their inflation rate sharply downwards or they are going to get slaughtered.

Merge-mining will give them chain security at a low cost, so they have no need for high inflation any more. A lot more of the merge-mined coins will get dumped than the solo mined coins. 

valkyrie69

Activity: 12

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:59:26 PM

There is another two alive merged mining coins, tacocoin and the newest umbrella-litecoin. In the next days/weeks dogecoin also join to the merge mining with litecoin.

Give-me-coins are merge mining LTC with PTC, uLTC and SYS and they're working on adding DOGE to that.

HUC Huntercoin can be merge mined on SHA256 or scrypt and while there doesn't seem to be any big market for it, it does have a game built into it which is a fun innovation for those that way inclined. Discus Fish offer it.

It seems that the USC official website has gone MIA too; I went there to get the wallet since I'm getting USC for free when mining with Discus Fish however the USC website now goes to the fashion brand USC.co.uk. I don't think I can be bothered to compile myself for what looks like a dodo coin...
macbook-air

View Profile WWW
September 29, 2014, 12:18:47 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2014, 02:50:41 AM by macbook-air

F2Pool dropped UnitedScryptCoin support from October 1. We are also selling domain name unitedscryptcoin.com and unitedscryptcoin.org, together with our entire reserve of more than 8 million coins, or 87% of all coins in existence. Please place a bid.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: