Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 08:52:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I am currently country shopping. What are some good ones?  (Read 7965 times)
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 08:28:53 AM

When I leave Afghanistan I will likely be leaving my steady job and working on Bitcoin projects full time. But I do not plan on living in the US after I return.

Ideally I would like a place where I can just live in a small place on a beach with Internet connection for a few hundred bucks a month.

I'm even fine with just being international and living in a new place every 6 months or so.

Or maybe even a Bitcoin hub like silicon valley for Bitcoin (I know Berlin has a lot of buzz, that is certainly an option).

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 08:30:53 AM

renounce your citizenship and go and join with one of the Caribbean tax havens? Tongue that said I hear it's gotten really expensive to remove citizenship in the U.S.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 08:31:59 AM

I've been eyeing SE Asia personally.

beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 08:32:38 AM

go to thailand. if you are a white guy, they love whities there. if you go to bars and clubs, the women there will approach you. the country is fairly modern, so i wouldn't call it a 3rd world country. cost of living is not very high either.
Mike Christ
aka snapsunny
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 08:35:02 AM

go to thailand. if you are a white guy, they love whities there. if you go to bars and clubs, the women there will approach you. the country is fairly modern, so i wouldn't call it a 3rd world country. cost of living is not very high either.

I'd avoid Thai women at bars and clubs; they're not there to find lovers as much as they're looking for sugar daddies.  Otherwise I've been considering Thailand myself, only thing I'd hate is having to go back and forth between nations due to their immigration laws.

beetcoin

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 08:36:27 AM

I'd avoid Thai women at bars and clubs; they're not there to find lovers as much as they're looking for sugar daddies.  Otherwise I've been considering Thailand myself, only thing I'd hate is having to go back and forth between nations due to their immigration laws.

he could live the bachelor lifestyle.. i'm not saying he should settle down with a thai woman. i don't know that much about their visa laws, but i know there are a lot of foreigners and whities living there, so it shouldn't be that much of a hassle.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 08:36:49 AM

I'm planning on heading to Ecuador. If you know Spanish, or can pick it up, its highly recommended.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 08:46:06 AM

renounce your citizenship and go and join with one of the Caribbean tax havens? Tongue that said I hear it's gotten really expensive to remove citizenship in the U.S.

I do not plan on renouncing my citizenship. I still ignorantly hold out some hope that the people may come to their senses.

I looked at Thailand, I only looked briefly but the rental prices were not much different from my home town $600-$1200/month on average. Though I was looking on craigslist in English which likely preys on Americans.

First seastead company actually selling sea homes: Ocean Builders https://ocean.builders  Of course we accept bitcoin.
beetcoin

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 08:48:36 AM

I do not plan on renouncing my citizenship. I still ignorantly hold out some hope that the people may come to their senses.

I looked at Thailand, I only looked briefly but the rental prices were not much different from my home town $600-$1200/month on average. Though I was looking on craigslist in English which likely preys on Americans.

i've never rented there, but no way rent costs that much. i don't know much about rent there, but this link says $400 for a 2 bed 2 bath place http://internationalliving.com/2013/03/rent-in-thailand-from-400-a-month/

food there is really cheap, about $2-$2.50 a meal too.
Sindelar1938

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 09:45:13 AM

Ecuador or peru

beetcoin

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 09:50:01 AM

another place to consider: the phillippine islands. you probably won't find many other non-western countries that have as big a population that speaks english, ladies all over, and beaches to the north, south, west, and east.

i hear in certain corners it can be quite dangerous though.
Elwar (OP)
Legendary

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
December 01, 2013, 09:58:35 AM

I'd avoid Thai women at bars and clubs; they're not there to find lovers as much as they're looking for sugar daddies.  Otherwise I've been considering Thailand myself, only thing I'd hate is having to go back and forth between nations due to their immigration laws.

I noticed this. Going some place to just work on the Internet does not really fall into a typical immigration scenario.

Most countries are expecting people who are old enough to retire, or someone who is going to work in that country.

malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 10:01:32 AM

How about Cambodia or Vietnam? They're cheaper (and poorer) than Thailand.

Signature space available for rent.
beetcoin

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 10:02:10 AM

whoa, $700-$180 for monthly rent in the city for the philippines.. that's pretty damn cheap and you don't need to learn a new language. http://www.expatfocus.com/expatriate-philippines-currency-costs

How about Cambodia or Vietnam? They're cheaper (and poorer) than Thailand.

cambodia can be quite dangerous and their infrastructure is not as up to date as vietnam. you could get by in vietnam, but the language barrier sucks.
goxed
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1006

Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 10:18:18 AM

Goto India, Mumbai or Bangalore.

Revewing Bitcoin / Crypto mining Hardware.
Topazan

Activity: 354

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 11:13:15 AM

One question to consider is which countries will allow you to stay indefinitely as a non-citizen without a job.  Unless you're willing to frequently return to the states, that might limit your options somewhat.

Save the last bitcoin for me!
malevolent
can into space
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721

View Profile
December 01, 2013, 11:22:38 AM

Goto India, Mumbai or Bangalore.

Mumbai being the financial centre is one the most expensive cities in India.

Signature space available for rent.
KonstantinosM

Activity: 1492
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 05:43:59 AM

I don't know if it is possible but take a look at the United Arab Emirates, Dubai!

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
beetcoin

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 08:00:30 AM

he's looking for a cheap place to live. living in HK is probably just as expensive as live in america.
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 08:06:51 AM

Sun , beach , plasma tv at half price , welcoming people tired of the Us > Venezuela Smiley)))))

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄