Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 01:37:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What do you think of this idea?
This is a cool idea, I would definitely  do it!
I would like to try it and see if I would like it.
I might visit a site like this on occasion.
I have no interest in mining pools.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BCX.... ()==[:::::::::::::> << BATTLECOIN >> ︻╦╤─ - - Official thread  (Read 54413 times)
jackofall1232 (OP)

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

Check Out Anoncoin.net | BattleCoinXchange.com

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 04:17:20 AM
Last edit: February 18, 2014, 04:02:11 AM by jackofall1232

We would like to start off by letting everyone Know that this coin is in no way related to Bitcoin EXpress .  You may find details on our website..

Go to our website or you can use these Mirrors

LINUX

https://github.com/battlecoin/Battlecoinsource

MAC:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/zbjzil8iv97e445/Battlecoin-Qt-0.2.1.2-Mac.zip

WINDOWS:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2yugdxq2brg67hx/battlecoin_0.2.1.3_WindowsQT.rar

WAR IS IMMINENT!

The Arena will soon Be open for Battle!
 You can Start by going to:

www.BattleCoinXchange.com

and Grabbing a wallet. We will Have the official launch on that page first. We want everyone to have an opportunity to mine so we will launch a pool at the same time we launch the wallets. We will also launch with an elevated Difficulty to help prevent "insta-mining" with the asics .

EXCHANGE

Now traded on Cryptsy

BATTLECOIN... BCX   =  BQYw9NeqyHkEvgQR1joVyGoTFYpvKsfj4k

Specs:
SHA-256
ASIC ready coin
RPCport 18715

Small 3% Premine.
2% VIP Premine
This is not for my personal pocket like everyone likes to scream when they see premine. We will probably get blowback too but please let me explain
The premine in question is a necessity for our concept. Not only is it for Bounties and Giveaways But later it will be used to fund the "arena" when it is finished being built.
The other 2% VIP premine is for people that Invested money in our concept, Beta testers , and people that provided or will provide services for us.
We didn't forget about the early warriors! There will be a 5000 block 500 coins per block early Warrior Bonus for all of the people who like our concept and want to contribute to the network and test the Arena after it gets built.
 we are releasing with an elevated difficulty to prevent ASIC "insta-mine."

100,000,000 Total coins
After the early bonus round it will be
50 coins per block no gimmicks or random superblocks
2 min battle-time  (block target)
looking back over the last 10 battles  (blocks)
1% Stake, 10 days required, 20 days to full age

()==[:::::::::::::>      BATTLECOIN   ︻╦╤─ - -

IRC #battlecoin
[/size]

Do you like multipools similar to HashCows?
Have you ever wish you could just change it from mining a certain coin for another coin you like?
Are you a developer that might want to add extra hash to your coin?
Would you just like to be an ass and control a bunch of hashpower?

Hash Cows is a great concept. And we are trying to take that concept to a new level with BATTLECOIN.

How it works:
You will have the option to mine and keep what the pool is mining or have it exchange the coin for bitcoin automatically for you. as always it will be  looking for that most profitable coin.
Now lets say we add a little control to the users and general public.
Yes thats right...
  In this concept we are giving the anyone with money a chance to control the miners hash power..

You might say well where is the incentive to the miner if they are no longer mining the most profitable coin?

Well to overcome this problem by default the miners will be mining the most profitable coin unless someone votes up another coin...
Votes will be on a rolling basis
 Here is the catch  they don't just vote with their finger they vote with crypto and the miners will also receive a portion of those shares as well.
 (one vote good for X amount of time TBD to keep it profitable for the miners to keep their hash with the pool through the fee share subsidy instead of going to go mine somewhere else. )

So , They will mine the coin most voted and collect the revenue made from mining the coin plus get a payout on all the votes sold.

(Votes will be cheap so everyone can have a chance at controlling the hash power. )
If all the voting power has run out the pool will automatically switch back over to mining the most profitable coin.

Thanks.

I want to give special Mention to:
Mr. Big with MINEBIG.com for hosting our pool at bcx.minebig.com

Dyoungii with dencoinpools.com for helping with pool set up and block crawler

BTC= 1uJvkTkpHvHYeE77RcCUoxJMhbciuTXe7
ANC=ALX8n95FXUuZy2XuhFNsDAJb1TyzPW2kxZ
LTC=LMYCefNKdEDe1Ghp6tst3ZuDVWRoAwW3mc
XPM=ARVmHuHsKhsMCFN3fKwyZ7EvGy3NmCFuT1
HBN=EykLGyrv2oncbToPTAjuGwc8f8Tu6mkqXf

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jackofall1232 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 04:18:58 AM
Last edit: December 02, 2013, 05:25:42 PM by jackofall1232

***************please if you like the idea comment for me in the post***********

Q: but why would i want to mine tho if someones gonna upvote ie :FTC and DGC is more profitable

A:
    That is where the subsidy comes in.
  When people pay to switch it to that less profitable coin they are paying the miner(s) with their "votes or "BATTLES", Their coin to redirect the pool . Those "BATTLES" are then split  between all the people mining to make up the difference for not mining the most profitable coin.

The votes would have to be relevant to the difference in profitability  :
<eg.>so lets say profitability of ANC is 3000% of BTC and someone is wanting you to mine zeta coin @ 80% of BTC the vote would cost them the relative difference between the top coin and the coin they are wanting you to mine. It is insuring the miners get paid TOP DOLLAR all the time.
 You would get the coin being mined or equivalent in BTC plus a % of the  "BATTLE BOUNTY"  relative to your share of hashpower.

Q; so i would have to invest into BC to share voting access?

A:  I was thinking of more along the lines of using a totally new coin that will be fair released  prior to the implementation of the "ARENA" .
 "BATTLE COIN" would be used in the voting process and you would need to buy Battle Coin with accepted currency.  

Q: why wouldn't everyone just in agreement vote to say FTC to split profit?

A: The pool will be on a rolling time limit . Each vote will be set to expire relative to the profitability of the coin being mined.So people would have to keep paying in to keep it Mining say FTC when ANC is more profitable.
 so eventually it would not be profitable to pay for that coin and mine that coin as well. When people stop paying for the hash to change , then the pool would default back to most profitable coin to be mined.

This is a way for people with money to spend and no machines to mine with,  to be able to control large amounts of  hash power .

Developers of coins might use this service to add extra hash to their network for a little bit to get them through a drought.

people might "Battle" over ftc controlling the hash power ot DGC controlling it.

If you get enough scrypt hash together people pay big money for it.

Q:
Yes but wouldnt that hurt the little joe with 2k hash

A:
  No the joe with 2k hash is mining our pool. He is not only getting paid for his hash but he is making what he mines as well.
 Of course,  minus the pools cut and fees if he wants it exchanged for btc.

Q:
What Does the pool get out of this?

A:
The only thing the pool gets is its fees for the service.
 The standard is 3% for exchange of coin to BTC  
 2% for mining on the pool to pay for bandwidth and such .
 Also it is usually customary to tip or donate 1% of your mining proceeds. This money goes directly split between the developers for all of their hard work..

( fees would most likely be lower of course in the beginning to get folks on board)

extortion

Activity: 141

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 04:34:54 AM

Extortion. We are Anonymous. We are legion. We do not forgive. We Do Not Forget. Expect Us.
Shadey

Activity: 193

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 06:33:24 AM

When's it coming?

DRK - Xq5o7AGBau1bL59fDuJpgcU6XQ6Fr6iHRm
BTC - 182pCAyuawff3ANB6FdifKBLcq5a7abFTh
LTC - LcpDzdX8v9s1JB2bHnb8bCoCKEckyxL9JU
The Golden Egg game Sponsor: https://thegoldenegg.co/users/Shadey?d27de3572
jackofall1232 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 06:55:52 AM

When's it coming?

Hopefully early 2014 if we get enough support.

We are looking for community support. right now. input feedback. people to say they will try it out. because the concept only works if we have miners and they can profit as good as if they were pool hopping or mining any other multipool or just litecoin itself . The actual goal is that Hopefully we see "BATTLES" over the hash powe. maybe people planning a pump and dump or people just fighting over their favorite coin to boost their network speed . Also we would like the miners make good money just  from the voting fee share subsidy no matter what coin they are actually mining. plus they will get paid out just like hash cows where they can keep the coin or for a fee have it exchanged to BTC 

jackofall1232 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 03:45:54 PM

added Poll

Brewins
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 03:51:18 PM

nearmiss

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 04:28:28 PM

fwiw, this isn't affiliated with hashco.ws.  I assume its just an example of the size of pool envisioned.  Thanks for the mention though Smiley

Good luck!

Profit-Switching Pool w/ Vardiff -> http://hashco.ws  Optionally keep the alts we mine or auto-trade for BTC. In addition can be paid out in any of: 365, AC, BC,  BTC, C2, CINNI, COMM, FAC, HBN, MINT, PMC, QRK, RDD, WC, XBC
jackofall1232 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 04:41:05 PM

No I apologize This is no way affiliated with hash cows .

This is my own concept

I was merely using their website as a template for my idea.

They have a very good design which gives miners diversity and options that should attract a variety of clientele.
 This  post should not be considered an attack or infringement on any of hash cow clientele.
 This is just a pitch and concept that I think could work and would not be opposed to working with hash cows on a project like this.       

GigaCoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 251

Giga

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 04:50:22 PM

lets do this!

xorxor

Activity: 476
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 04:59:41 PM

AWESOME!

1 shitcoin killer !
2 hashpower exchange !

I tried to do EXACTLY this myself, but finding it a little to  much work for my lazyness to comply.
count me in!

fuck deeponion, fuck bitcoincash, all glory to one BITCOIN
jackofall1232 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 05:44:28 PM

AWESOME!

1 shitcoin killer !
2 hashpower exchange !

I tried to do EXACTLY this myself, but finding it a little to  much work for my lazyness to comply.
count me in!

Yes Thank you.
 This is what I envision.
a win win for everyone. Miners win , developers could  test their coin, people with money can just play with the hashpower if they want. All for the right price.

jackofall1232 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 06:43:53 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2013, 03:23:54 AM by jackofall1232

BCX = Battlecoin ticker identifier

Donations can be made to addresses at the top of this thread. to be used for bounties to pay developers.

jackofall1232 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 07:11:29 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2014, 04:22:22 AM by jackofall1232

I am also looking for a developer to help build the Xchange
PM me for details .

Serious inquiries only.

BitcoinEXpress
Legendary

Activity: 1210
Merit: 1024

View Profile
December 02, 2013, 07:21:07 PM

This is my own concept

They have a very good design which gives miners diversity and options that should attract a variety of clientele.
 This  post should not be considered an attack or infringement on any of hash cow clientele.
 This is just a pitch and concept that I think could work and would not be opposed to working with hash cows on a project like this.       

Nothing to do with me either.

You might want to rethink that ticker symbol.

~BCX~
jackofall1232 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 02, 2013, 08:16:22 PM

This is my own concept

This  post should not be considered an attack or infringement on any of hash cow clientele.

Nothing to do with me either.

You might want to rethink that ticker symbol.

~BCX~

No it is not affiliated with you either. BTC is taken.  BCX = for Battle Coin eXchange.

jackofall1232 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 01:59:12 AM
Last edit: December 04, 2013, 10:15:19 PM by jackofall1232

Updated logo

jackofall1232 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 10:17:00 PM

Added Banner Graphic
Bump.

mat5x

Activity: 181

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 06:48:00 AM

and how do you get external valuations of BCX (say vs BTC) into the coin? or its the pool that pays it out? I suppose that's the accepted centralization structure in the BTC/ALT world: the pool. Considering the 30%-attack paper that came out, its a wonder anyone trusts pools (or coins for that matter) at all.

So the interesting part of all this isnt the coin, but the pool.

(fwiw, its an intractable problem to get trustable real world external data into coin's chain to affect behaviour without the source being attacked/compromised or becoming a target thereof).

-mat5x

Elacoin/ELC - block reward proportional-to-difficulty coin! http://elacoin.com
jackofall1232 (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 07:22:29 AM

The value of the coin would be determined by fair market value. Fair market value would be determined by last price on exchange(s) . It  would be similar to how coinchoose decides profitability. I suppose it could be made transparent about the price per BCX/BTC that the pool says it is trading at and where it got the figure  eg. cryptsy , coinex , vicurex , etc . wherever the coin is exchanged...  then you could check your figures against the exchange to prove that and  to determine if you are being paid or charged properly by the pool.  So it wouldn't need to report to the coin . As for trust anyone who is mining can check their figures against what the pool reports and what they pay.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: