Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:34:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "out of sync"  (Read 169 times)
Lennyinfla (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 01:26:53 AM

Please assist asap.  I have my wallet dedicated on a laptop.  In 3 places it states (out of sync).  On the bottom left it states, "Synchronizing with network...)

I have already uninstalled the wallet 3 times and I do have version 1.0.3.0-154e367 (64bit)

Please advise asap to simply how to get this get back to properly syncing.  If possible, please advise to eyeguy1973@gmail.com
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Tankdestroyer

Activity: 476
Merit: 107

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 04:48:10 AM

Please assist asap.  I have my wallet dedicated on a laptop.  In 3 places it states (out of sync).  On the bottom left it states, "Synchronizing with network...)

I have already uninstalled the wallet 3 times and I do have version 1.0.3.0-154e367 (64bit)

Please advise asap to simply how to get this get back to properly syncing.  If possible, please advise to eyeguy1973@gmail.com
Since you are referring to a wallet(generally), I will assume that you are referring to bitcoin core. For it to get synchronized to network, just wait for it to finish "Synchronizing with network". It is still downloading the blocks needed to get synchronized to the blockchain. You need to not uninstall the wallet. If you want a fast way out, refer to this guide for you to be able to import that into electrum wallet or on a web wallet that supports importing of private key like blockchain.info wallet.
HabBear

Activity: 1106
Merit: 637

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 04:50:15 AM

Which wallet are you working with?

We need more information before anyone can help you properly, otherwise we're just offering random ideas...not specific instruction on how to troubleshoot this.

Get back to us, good luck!
Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 10:53:11 AM

Configure Bitcoin Core in pruning mode or use a SPV wallet instead, for example Electrum. In case you want to run a full node, then you will have to wait till it's properly synced. It could take some time as the current blockchain size is over 140 Gb.
hugeblack
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 3592

Buy/Sell crypto at BestChange

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 12:06:56 PM

Which wallet are you working with?
Since he/she talked about syncing, he/she must be talking about "full node wallet" because SPV wallets connect to the server that has blockchain(always Sync).
I do not think he/she knows it should download more than 166 GB until synchronization is complete.

I do not know what you mean by "properly syncing" but remember that new blocks continuously being created so you must have an active internet to be synchronized. or Follow this tip
Configure Bitcoin Core in pruning mode or use a SPV wallet instead, for example Electrum. In case you want to run a full node, then you will have to wait till it's properly synced. It could take some time as the current blockchain size is over 140 Gb.

.BEST..CHANGE.███████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
███████████████
..BUY/ SELL CRYPTO..
spool-cloud
Copper Member

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

Join us https://spool.cloud

View Profile WWW
May 05, 2018, 02:44:28 PM

You probably need to add nodes from the console. If you go to help --> debug window --> Console then add nodes it might get fixed.

Join our awesome spool community!
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 05:24:06 PM

this is clearly NOT Bitcoin Core wallet (current ver. 0.16.0) and certainly not Electrum with version 3.1.3
searching by version given, I can't seem to find any wallet with that version number

instead via email, you can check back here for possible solutions provided by other users
meanwhile, you can browse the forum to see if your problem has been discussed in other threads

Aura

Activity: 518
Merit: 268

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:08:13 AM

this is clearly NOT Bitcoin Core wallet (current ver. 0.16.0) and certainly not Electrum with version 3.1.3
searching by version given, I can't seem to find any wallet with that version number
I think that he is running Bitcoin Unlimited, as the latest version is 1.3.0.1 and he is talking about a full node wallet.
But the same advice applies for this wallet, wait till it is fully synced or change to a different one.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: