Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 11:36:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Gridseed GC3355 -Hybrid Scrypt/SHA256 ASIC  (Read 107939 times)
worldlybedouin

Activity: 376
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 02:07:45 PM

Guys,
I am trying to keep an eye to all the project based on the gridseed chips and the distributors and/or resellers...
Litecoin forum: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=6506.0
I believe cybtc.com is a reseller of the round 5-chip miners:
http://cybtc.com/it618_scoremall-scoremall_page.html?pid=36
11198 元 ?? = 1 368 Euro is that correct? could someone tell me if this is the price for 1 unit or 10? or 20? I really struggle with the chinese...

LightningASIC is shipping to the USA.  10 units plus accessories for $2600 + $150 shipping.

I've seen this price in one of the posts on the litecointalk.org forums, but I don't know if it was actually confirmed by the seller asiabtc who started that thread.  Did we ever get confirmation from asiabtc that he'll honour this price or was this just more speculation in the thread (or wishful thinking)?

That is the price I got from AsiaBTC via private messages with him.

Mattzees, did asiabtc also mention what's included in the price? I've been trying to get that squared away on the litecointalk thread, but no one seems to know...its it just the miners+cables+controller board? 

LTC:  LXrAe2E6cBsK52GvUsYraeXkc2s7Ti7R5X
BTC:  1FLTMqVjTZ5MTdCF4npNZGFMEUGyBV4zcj

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mattzees

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:21:36 PM

Guys,
I am trying to keep an eye to all the project based on the gridseed chips and the distributors and/or resellers...
11198 元 ?? = 1 368 Euro is that correct? could someone tell me if this is the price for 1 unit or 10? or 20? I really struggle with the chinese...

LightningASIC is shipping to the USA.  10 units plus accessories for $2600 + $150 shipping.

I've seen this price in one of the posts on the litecointalk.org forums, but I don't know if it was actually confirmed by the seller asiabtc who started that thread.  Did we ever get confirmation from asiabtc that he'll honour this price or was this just more speculation in the thread (or wishful thinking)?

Mattzees, did asiabtc also mention what's included in the price? I've been trying to get that squared away on the litecointalk thread, but no one seems to know...its it just the miners+cables+controller board? 

It was 10x miners, the controller, all cables and power supplies, a USB hub, and other misc accessories. 
I'm not buying it, just FYI.
worldlybedouin

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 02:24:32 PM

Guys,

It was 10x miners, the controller, all cables and power supplies, a USB hub, and other misc accessories. 

Thanks for the info..I didn't know PSU was included so that's nice.  I'm considering it the only reservation I have now is the quality of the product...its got no track record or decent warranty period...my fear is dropping $2600 only have have one or more of the modules crap out...at least with a GPU I've got MSI's warranty to back it up.  Tough decision...I need to cut my monthly power bill and also reduce the heat by the time spring comes around...

Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:27:43 PM

Guys,

Thanks for the info..I didn't know PSU was included so that's nice.  I'm considering it the only reservation I have now is the quality of the product...its got no track record or decent warranty period...my fear is dropping $2600 only have have one or more of the modules crap out...at least with a GPU I've got MSI's warranty to back it up.  Tough decision...I need to cut my monthly power bill and also reduce the heat by the time spring comes around...

The manufacturer offer a 1 month warranty.

Message me if you have any problems
Mattzees

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:30:58 PM

...I'm considering it the only reservation I have now is the quality of the product...its got no track record or decent warranty period...my fear is dropping $2600 only have have one or more of the modules crap out...at least with a GPU I've got MSI's warranty to back it up.  Tough decision...I need to cut my monthly power bill and also reduce the heat by the time spring comes around...

I have the same issues as you with electric bill and heat.  Right now, I'm heating my house with my rigs.  It's been below 20F outside, my heat is turned off, and it's above 70F inside.  This is obviously not going to work during the summer.  I already have to open windows if the outside temps goes above 40F.

That being said... I don't think these units are the answer to the problem.  The controller is proprietary and a centralized point of failure.  I'm not at all interested in BTC mining with these (because it's pointless), so I'm going to hold out for a more efficient scrypt ASIC product.  

Even Gridseed says they're going to be releasing new product in Feb., and seem to indicate it wil be rack-mounted, which is a better option for me.
Mattzees

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 02:32:56 PM

Also, read this thread...

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=13314
worldlybedouin

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 03:13:19 PM

Beastlymac -- Yeah 30 days doesn't give me a lot of confidence.  With my luck all 10 of the units would crap out on day 31. Tongue  Not meant to be negative towards the product manufacture, but more so a reflection of my actual luck with mining parts.

Mattzees -- Yep, following that thread as well as this one.  Yeah as much as I would love to get in on this, the more and more I reflect on it, the more I think its better to wait till mid/late Feb to see what happens then.  Gridseed may have something new out...that and (fingers crossed) there's also projects out there by Fibbonacci and Flower which in theory will kick-off Q2 which could be comparable...Ultimately my goal is to identify a strategy I feel comfortable with so I come May time frame I'll be off my hot GPU rig and onto ASIC/FPGA solutions instead for the same 3MH.

Beastlymac

Activity: 630
Merit: 501

Miner Setup And Reviews. WASP Rep.

View Profile
February 01, 2014, 03:17:26 PM

Beastlymac -- Yeah 30 days doesn't give me a lot of confidence.  With my luck all 10 of the units would crap out on day 31. Tongue  Not meant to be negative towards the product manufacture, but more so a reflection of my actual luck with mining parts.

Mattzees -- Yep, following that thread as well as this one.  Yeah as much as I would love to get in on this, the more and more I reflect on it, the more I think its better to wait till mid/late Feb to see what happens then.  Gridseed may have something new out...that and (fingers crossed) there's also projects out there by Fibbonacci and Flower which in theory will kick-off Q2 which could be comparable...Ultimately my goal is to identify a strategy I feel comfortable with so I come May time frame I'll be off my hot GPU rig and onto ASIC/FPGA solutions instead for the same 3MH.

I also give a 3 month warranty in my group buy on everything but the chip.

Message me if you have any problems
worldlybedouin

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2014, 03:34:39 PM

Yeah, I've been thinking about your GB quite a bit...but at .405BTC * 10 = 4.05BTC * ~$800USD = $3240...it puts the offer way out of my budget. Embarrassed  This in context to asiabtc's $2600USD means there's quite a premium for the devices and the additional 3 months of warranty you provide.  Sorry mate, but I've only got $2500 or so budgeted for the "change" from GPU to ASIC/FPGA....so I'll probably sit this round out.  I do very much appreciate the service you provide to this community...if it wasn't for folks like you doing Group Buys, I wouldn't even have a chance to consider such opportunities.  Smiley

lovelorn

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 01:08:36 AM

Works grate!!!! I just received a full pack with UPS and special bird for double mining. Thanks to freddy 73!

My are on selling! Full Kit 10 Unti 3000kh! 460w !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just PM!!!!!!
Xer0

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

°^°

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 06:27:15 PM

Yeah, I've been thinking about your GB quite a bit...but at .405BTC * 10 = 4.05BTC * ~$800USD = $3240...it puts the offer way out of my budget. Embarrassed  This in context to asiabtc's $2600USD means there's quite a premium for the devices and the additional 3 months of warranty you provide.  Sorry mate, but I've only got $2500 or so budgeted for the "change" from GPU to ASIC/FPGA....so I'll probably sit this round out.  I do very much appreciate the service you provide to this community...if it wasn't for folks like you doing Group Buys, I wouldn't even have a chance to consider such opportunities.  Smiley

but will asiabtc really deliver?
i dont care about warrenty as long its not DoA
worldlybedouin

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2014, 06:50:20 PM

but will asiabtc really deliver?
i dont care about warrenty as long its not DoA

I apologize in advance if I sound needlessly argumentative...but by that logic, the extra $640 is the "premium" being charged to guarantee we get the units ordered and they're not DOA?  I don't believe this group buy has made any statements at all related to dealing with DOAs or non-delivery. 

I guess it's my limited budget that has me thinking $640 is too much of a premium to fork out.  I 100% sincerely wish this group buy the best possible outcome...I hope that perhaps in the next group buy the prices will be a bit more in line with what I can afford (and what I believe these devices are actually worth considering the non-existant track record of the manufacture, resellers, etc.)  I guess this goes is in alignment with my limited ability absorb financial risk as we purchasers are taking a large risk in buying these units, with only a minimal 30 day warranty...with only "good will" to ensure this all turns out right,  units are supplied in a timely manner, not DOA, etc. is just too much for me.   Cry

stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2014, 10:37:47 PM

How can I buy 10? obviously need better price than 0.45 BTC each. Please PM or point me to the right direction. I am in California, USA.
Clayce

Activity: 280

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:22:59 AM

How can I buy 10? obviously need better price than 0.45 BTC each. Please PM or point me to the right direction. I am in California, USA.

+1

rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 09:48:30 AM

+1

look in group buy section, i ordered from there Smiley
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 10:49:06 AM

+1

link? unless you mean the chinese site....and google translate was not a lot of help

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
S4VV4S

Activity: 1582
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 11:55:03 AM

+1

link? unless you mean the chinese site....and google translate was not a lot of help

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=436031.0

Xardas2014

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2014, 11:46:24 PM

Since someone mentioned Jack Liam AKA asianbtc AKA lightningasic, I'll post my convo with him as it seems the price fluctuates quite a bit.

Jack:" i have USB cell. 300KHS, LA3M, 3MHS, LA6M 6MHS scrypt."
Price is "LA6M, usd5100+usd300 for express" <-----------------------------------------------------which means 6mh/s of gridseed units

This next quoted thing doesn't make much sense as it says "4 PCS", which could mean 4 of the LA3M............ each being 3MH/s of gridseeds.
Jack: "4 PCS LA3M. usd2750 including dhl express"

From my understand LA3M=10 gridseed units in a "cell" and LA6M is 20 gridseeds in a cell. He says all power supplies, cables, etc. are included.

I think the last quote is either in error or is a dam good deal. 4x LA3M cells, 40 gridseeds in total, for 2750usd($68.75 for each 5 chip gridseed)..........but 1x LA6M which is 20 gridseeds would be $5100........so something ain't right.

I have a friend in China that can get them for me, so I didn't ask Jack to clarify on the LA3M thing. I just let it drop since $5100 for an LA6M is far higher than advertised anywhere else, making Jack a bit shady to me. Well at least extremely greedy, if not outright shady.

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just passing on info I have Smiley
fasmax

Activity: 378

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:01:43 AM

Any one know if the GC3355 chip itself will be made available to DIY and open source people?
buiweezy

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 06, 2014, 12:25:36 AM

Since someone mentioned Jack Liam AKA asianbtc AKA lightningasic, I'll post my convo with him as it seems the price fluctuates quite a bit.

Jack:" i have USB cell. 300KHS, LA3M, 3MHS, LA6M 6MHS scrypt."
Price is "LA6M, usd5100+usd300 for express" <-----------------------------------------------------which means 6mh/s of gridseed units

This next quoted thing doesn't make much sense as it says "4 PCS", which could mean 4 of the LA3M............ each being 3MH/s of gridseeds.
Jack: "4 PCS LA3M. usd2750 including dhl express"

From my understand LA3M=10 gridseed units in a "cell" and LA6M is 20 gridseeds in a cell. He says all power supplies, cables, etc. are included.

I think the last quote is either in error or is a dam good deal. 4x LA3M cells, 40 gridseeds in total, for 2750usd($68.75 for each 5 chip gridseed)..........but 1x LA6M which is 20 gridseeds would be $5100........so something ain't right.

I have a friend in China that can get them for me, so I didn't ask Jack to clarify on the LA3M thing. I just let it drop since $5100 for an LA6M is far higher than advertised anywhere else, making Jack a bit shady to me. Well at least extremely greedy, if not outright shady.

Don't shoot the messenger, I'm just passing on info I have Smiley

i alsoi have a friend in china too, where will your friend get it from?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: