Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 11:26:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: First time Unboxing, Setting up Miners  (Read 1006 times)
Clayce (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 06:48:06 AM

Hi, I will be receiving 2 Jupiters Thursday from a trusted seller. We also did it through an escrow service and I have one day to make sure they are running perfect. What are the key things to look for when unboxing them for the first time, physical condition, parts included, warranty, serial number etc??

Also I know in order to make sure they are hashing properly, I will have to download CGminer and hook up the miners. What is the best way to do that and what specs to look for?

Appreciate the help!
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4144
Merit: 1638

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
December 03, 2013, 08:34:05 AM

Jupiters are standalone hardware. You don't need to download any software to get them running, just power them, plug them in and set them up. cgminer is built in.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Zelek Uther

Activity: 700
Merit: 504

Run a Bitcoin node.

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 08:54:58 AM

When you receive your Jupiter, ensure you have the latest firmware ("0.99" or "0.9.9-Tuning" at the time of writing - assuming a batch 1/October Jupiter) from KnCMiner:
https://www.kncminer.com/news

You can find the firmware version on the "Upgrade" tab of your Jupiter web page.

Other useful resources:
Checklist of things when Jupiter arrives - Important!
KncMiner Manual
Bertmod - gives extra details of each chip performance, download ZPM's fix.
KnC news thread - Summary of KnCMiner news.

I'm running firmware 0.99-Tuning (although I've done no tuning), I find I need to restart cgminer (easy to do from the Jupiter web page) every 2 or 3 days, otherwise the hash rate starts to decline ("dwindledown").

Run a Bitcoin node, support the network.
HellDiverUK

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:00:26 AM

Don't those things have the fans that fall off?  I'd be popping the lid and checking the fans were all still attached properly before powering up - if you power up and the fan is lying in the bottom of the case, you could wreck the fan, or something more important.
Clayce (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 03, 2013, 09:51:01 AM

Thanks a ton for all the help guys, I'll update when I get them, probably will have alotta more questions since I'm technology impaired lol.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: