Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:50:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why is it complicated to get merits  (Read 901 times)
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2702
Merit: 2456

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 05:08:44 PM

Many don't realize what is the positive huge impact of Merit system. Imagine those multiple alternative accounts ranking up by just being active, replying unrelated post, meeting the number of activity every 2 weeks using the old ranking system. Today's ranking system is different. Since merits are hard to achieve, those alternative accounts and have higher ranks are now afraid getting a negative trust and very careful on not to spam the forum and not joining the same bounties and airdrops.

I gave you a couple of merits. It's not just for that post, but a collective award for the last few posts you made. Please continue to support Bitcoin Talk.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aLLvaro20

Activity: 115
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 03:53:10 AM

Hey guys

I understand that the merit system is meant to illuminate/minimize the number of crappy posts...etc
Honestly I find it really complicated jumping up a rank; the merit gap between ranks is really high. I mean I have 10 merits I need 90 to jump up a rank it has been really really long and not even a single merit scored.

Any consideration of lowering the merits required for the rank up requirements? or any tips you good guys have on how or where do I have to be to get them merits?

You are lucky to have 10 rewards, keep fighting do not complain sir .. and maybe this thread is very often encountered, i m sorry before ,, because this post is not intelligent information (intelligent information quality),
Please come back again with good quality posts, useful and no repetition of posts like this. Show that you deserve more rewards. Also read this thread..
->  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2827596
Thank you for your attention  Wink
barsharkol12

Activity: 197
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 06:19:58 AM

its complicated to get merits because merit giver are very strict when it comes  to their satisfaction. some post which are good and very helpful to this forum are not been merited. only post which are very much useful.
Emilyearl

Activity: 700
Merit: 105

APESWAP

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:11:20 AM

I want to correct your notion. Getting merit isn't complicated and why it might seem complicated to you is because everyone is on a quest for it. Assuming we all allowed the merit system to play out and not want to get it all then it could have been different. All you need do is make reasonable posts that contributes to the forum success and viola merits will come.

I'm assuming you started with 100 merit, so that means since the system was implemented you have gotten 4. Yet look at how much you have posted since.
Yes i agree with you on that. Getting merit is not complicated but rather difficult as most persons who have merit to give don't give it out and some just go about sharing their merit points with their friends. so if the merit gifting can be solely from the admins i think it will be better because every post that worth meriting will be merited without sentiment or Bias.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 02:24:25 PM

its complicated to get merits because merit giver are very strict when it comes  to their satisfaction. some post which are good and very helpful to this forum are not been merited. only post which are very much useful.
I can vouch for some merit sources and I can tell you one thing - merit sources are lenient (which means opposite of strict in case you dont know). They are willing to give out merits to posts which are worth reading and are adding to the discussion. But if all they see is cry baby posts by bounty hunters then they will get ignored.

Yes i agree with you on that. Getting merit is not complicated but rather difficult as most persons who have merit to give don't give it out and some just go about sharing their merit points with their friends.
If you dont have proof dont make such comments. If you have proof post it in the proper section and await DT to neg them. Trading merit is an abuse of the system and hence tagworthy.

so if the merit gifting can be solely from the admins i think it will be better because every post that worth meriting will be merited without sentiment or Bias.
Admins dont have that much time in the forum to merit people. Mods already have their hands full cleaning up the shitposters.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Bitcoinsupervisor
Copper Member

Activity: 210
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 02:53:50 PM

"Re: Why is it complicated to get merits"
Let's paraphrase the question better & and ask: How to get merits?
Then we will get a lot of valuable information.

For example me: Thanks to this merit-system, I started to learn English, and I study information about bitcoin. I realized, in order to get merits, I need to have useful information and write high-quality posts. I personally liked the post: TMAN'S guide to getting merit. read this post, I'm sure it will help you. I wish you luck.
Donovan XXL

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2018, 03:41:33 PM

I understand that the merit system is meant to illuminate/minimize the number of crappy posts...
Well... apparently, you don't.
BUK2016

Activity: 770
Merit: 126

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:31:39 PM

Hey guys

I understand that the merit system is meant to illuminate/minimize the number of crappy posts...etc
Honestly I find it really complicated jumping up a rank; the merit gap between ranks is really high. I mean I have 10 merits I need 90 to jump up a rank it has been really really long and not even a single merit scored.

Any consideration of lowering the merits required for the rank up requirements? or any tips you good guys have on how or where do I have to be to get them merits?
Well, there may not be any consideration for lowering the Merits gap as that will not serve the purpose for which it was created. If you want to earn Merits from people you have to improve on the quality of your post and above all, be a solution to other people's problems which i believe in doing that you will promotion issue will not be problem to you.
friends1980
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 08:42:41 PM
Merited by TMAN (2)

Don't wanna sound all mellow but I think the idea of contributing positively to the quality of the forum, is already a reward on its own. In return, you get quality threads and quality replies from other members. That's at least how it's supposed to be: getting rid of all those useless spam replies.

Gaining Merit, thus gaining other members' respect, as well as receiving higher bounties, makes that reward even more worth the effort. But if receiving Merits to get higher bounties is your only purpose, you're condemned to leading a very bitter life, my OP friend, cuz you'll be searching so desperately to write something down that's been done before anyway, that you'll be making a complete fool of yourself.

nutildah-III - First BitcoinTalk NFT Transaction ever - 2021-04-01 [666 fBTC]
importantV

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 16, 2018, 11:18:52 PM

Don't wanna sound all mellow but I think the idea of contributing positively to the quality of the forum, is already a reward on its own. In return, you get quality threads and quality replies from other members. That's at least how it's supposed to be: getting rid of all those useless spam replies.

Gaining Merit, thus gaining other members' respect, as well as receiving higher bounties, makes that reward even more worth the effort. But if receiving Merits to get higher bounties is your only purpose, you're condemned to leading a very bitter life, my OP friend, cuz you'll be searching so desperately to write something down that's been done before anyway, that you'll be making a complete fool of yourself.
well, so I have to make a good post to get merits, okay I will do but who will give what anyone want to sent merit to me iam new on here?
Kim Ji Won

Activity: 350
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 01:30:12 AM

What's complicated is your understanding of the merit system. You don't need to push yourself to post a quality post that will satisfy the strict merit source so that he will merit you, you just need to push yourself to make a good one so that other members will merit it. Everyone has their own perspective of a meritorious post and soon enough, they will see your posts if ever you will make a good one.
tbct_mt2

Activity: 2310
Merit: 835

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 02:25:16 AM

well, so I have to make a good post to get merits, okay I will do but who will give what anyone want to sent merit to me iam new on here?
Do it, then you will know when merits come to you and who will send their sMerits to your threads.
In addition, you will not earn any merit for such non-sense thread like your last one.
Don't think of merits while composing your threads, instead of focusing on your ideas, which might help to rise your threads' quality, which in turn increase the probability to earn merits.
Only publishing new thread when you have something helpful, meaningful, or unique / creative (it should be like this) to contribute to discussions.
kwabeedat

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 02:34:53 AM

This new system of ranking up uskng the merit system has proven to be good. And as you said that it is difficult yeah it is because you don't have to impress only yourself in the post but you'd have to impress each reader. So you see how the task is, don't just write to please yourself, but write to impress and earn merits.
CryptoAssasin

Activity: 308
Merit: 4

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:20:36 AM

It might be complicated to those person who don't even giving time creating a helpful thread or even sharing their knowledge to make other member lives easier. I mean instead of raising repeated question, why don't we start creating a thread that is composing of helpful information, high quality post and hyperlinks words that are the answers to those questions that are being raised tirelessly.

Crypto made easier  ██░██ ██ █▄░█ ▄▀▄ █▀▄ ▄▀▄ ▀▄░▄▀MenaPay.io
than cash█░▀░█ █▄ █░▀█ █▀█ █▀░ █▀█ ░░█░░
friends1980
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:04:41 AM

well, so I have to make a good post to get merits

No, you have to make a good post because that's the purpose of a forum.

Stop thinking about Merits. Contribute if it's useful. Read if you want to learn. The rest will follow automatically.

nutildah-III - First BitcoinTalk NFT Transaction ever - 2021-04-01 [666 fBTC]
importantV

Activity: 37

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 12:52:14 PM

No, you have to make a good post because that's the purpose of a forum.

Stop thinking about Merits. Contribute if it's useful. Read if you want to learn. The rest will follow automatically.
oke, thnks buddy for the advice, I will do it Nice to meet you.
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 01:47:42 PM

Everyone is equal in the eyes of the merit sources.... Despite a recent few who got caught. Grin
Keep (start) contributing quality content to the discussions and soon merit will follow. Dont try to chase the merits or cry for them. They will come to you.

This new system of ranking up uskng the merit system has proven to be good. And as you said that it is difficult yeah it is because you don't have to impress only yourself in the post but you'd have to impress each reader. So you see how the task is, don't just write to please yourself, but write to impress and earn merits.
You dont need to impress anybody. Merit sources are not asking for your hand in marriage. LOL

I have an idea, by giving more merits people can give.
I dont get you idea. You mean to say merit sources should be given more merits to distribute?

But again with that, you have a problem with people selling those merits.
No system is immune to abuse. Every system is vulnerable to abuse.

Like i said in previous posts about selling merit for money, I hate to see people abuse that with such a method, and i support  permanently banning those people, even if possible taking all of his money he earned selling merit.
They will be tagged with red if you report them properly and call a DT member to look into them.

If we can stop that and try to ban or at least give a warning to the people giving merits to friends or to stupid posts, then my method could actually work.
Maybe once the merit sources increase in number we might see a paradigm shift.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
KingScorpio

Activity: 1470
Merit: 325

View Profile WWW
May 17, 2018, 03:00:24 PM

Hey guys

because people have different perception on what is good and what bad.

i would spend time to try get merit at all, no one knows how long this forum will stay popular.

bigmelons25

Activity: 240
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 03:16:04 PM

post quality not quantity.  Always helps to post related gifs and funny responses.

Regards,

bigmelons25

Flash Cunt

Activity: 69
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 04:07:08 PM

You guys still don't get it do you. There's loads of merits out there to be given away, but there's fuck all worth giving it to.

Join Jet Cash and other BT members in the Ivory Tower coffee lounge
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: