Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:24:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Goldman Sachs with the futures  (Read 414 times)
Mohamme

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 01:32:54 PM

But it is also a boon for traditional financial institutions such as Goldman sachs to enter the cryptocurrency market.
Because more and more financial attention to the market means more money flowing into the market.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ridertiger (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 11:47:56 AM

So, what do you suggest then? Get out of everything crypto? Short our BTC just like these "devious" wolves are doing? What?

These people are doing everything they can to sink the great Bitcoin game, but they will fail because nothing can stand in the way of progress.

why do you say that? not so long ago when others started talking about Bitcoin Futures (like GME, NASDAQ,...) everyone was excited and were saying they are helping bitcoin grow. in fact price went from $10k to $20k mainly because of this reason.
so why are you saying this new Bitcoin Futures is created to "sink bitcoin" now? what changed?
This is a classic example of the naivete that exists within the general community about how the "traditional" trading community operates. The run up you saw in the underlying asset was a methodical and deliberate accumulation of the asset with the knowledge that there was no resistance to be created from the short side due to no vehicles to implement those restrictive short positions.This leads to a euphoric wave within the general public who then buy and tend to get in at the top. Hedge-funds and Institutional traders accumulated massive long positions in the underlying knowing that once futures and options became "live", they could begin to hammer the price with "lock down sales"in those vehicles. . Keep in mind this was the first time in BTC history where a participant could actively "short" the market. Much like the Japanese Stock market in the 80's, the upward trajectory of price was FALSE as there was no vehicle to resist it.  During the run up from $6,000 to $19,000 NOTHING fundamentally changed in BTC. Not usage, not technology.....NOTHING. In short, you uninformed naive BTC enthusiasts got set up like bowling pins by the likes of GSA, JPM, GCM, HSBC, Tudor Investments, and on and on. Just like they've done time and time again throughout history. BTC was an EXTREMELY easy target due to the lack of any sophistication in the user community. It was "taking candy from a baby". It still is. By the way futures are NOT derivative products. So much bad information and ignorance. How do i know these things? I spent 30 years in the belly of this beast. Watching this bullshit day in and day out. You poor bastards don't even begin to realize the level of deviance and dysfunction in this crowd. So go ahead....keep posting your high minded drivel and pretend you know what you're talking about. The wolves are at the door and you don't have a lock on it.
BenRickert

Activity: 420

View Profile
May 22, 2018, 01:04:39 PM

I wish I knew. Once the corporate scum find the money river, they always shit And piss in it and wallow in it until it is so polluted and fouled by their presence that it becomes unrecognizable. The unfettered greed that is epidemic in current mankind is as incurable as Heroin addiction. We can at least know our enemy and put up resistance at any and every turn. Inevitably we’ll lose but we can at least fight. The very demons BTC was invented to combat have now fully taken control. Soon even mining will be only for the large corporations. At the very least people can stop being naive and thinking that corporations are “good” for BTC.

You only live once....if you do it right, once is enough.

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
ridertiger (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:07:20 PM

Here is what I believe: It is in a bear trend and it is the best time to buy more BTC. Like they said, buy when blood is running on the streets, and from the looks of the comments, we are in that time. Buy now, thank me later!
Da good will always win???
richardsNY
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 09:45:25 PM

The very demons BTC was invented to combat have now fully taken control. Soon even mining will be only for the large corporations. At the very least people can stop being naive and thinking that corporations are “good” for BTC.

The mining aspect regardless of it getting taken over by large corporations, will get taken over by the main players at that specific time anyway, there just isn't a way to find out beforehand which of the sides is worse. In current times the competition Bitmain is facing is healthy and allows that market to become less centralized, which is something that we can only be happy with. Jihan & Co are more poison to this environment than anything else, so it will feel extra good seeing their dominance decrease in the coming years. Bitcoin made Jihan a multi billionaire and now he spits on Bitcoin like it is a slut he used and is now somewhat bored with....
ridertiger (OP)

View Profile
May 25, 2018, 07:20:05 AM

I dont really care if large corporations are mining all the bitcoin, they will have to give up sometime soon because the supply is limited. In terms of transaction fees, I am pretty sure it will be solved before mining becomes unprofitable.
suolong

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 04:16:29 AM

When institutions join the cryptocurrency, the market will be controlled by them. The influx of large amounts of funds will gain control of the market and the degree of freedom of the market will be affected. Of course, the addition of large amounts of funds will also make the market become More active. ,
ridertiger (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:44:32 AM

Bitcoin is in a bear trend and it is the best time to buy more BTC. Like they said, buy when blood is running on the streets, and from the looks of the comments, we are in that time.
patt0
Legendary

Activity: 1694
Merit: 1005

Betting Championship betking.io/sports-leaderboard

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 08:48:54 AM

I don't like it either. I still don't think things went very well after the first futures contacts. I think they really open room for manipulation, since they can buy bitcoin to drive the price up, and then just dump to try to make it go down. This way they will be winning on the way up, since they bought low and sold high, and then they will win even further if they shorted BTC on the futures contract. A lot of people say it's not that easy, but these investors are rich as hell, and given the lack of regulation I don't see how they can't do this.

We really need ETFs and real adoption to happen. I guess we need to keep waiting for now.

Liternyy

Activity: 238
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:26:34 AM

while the bank plans to launch this project on a modest scale, starting with a limited set of derivative products without direct trading bitcoins, but offering contracts related to the real asset.

Goldman will act as an exchange broker for futures contracts that track the behavior of bitcoin. In other words, while the bank does not plan to create a platform for trade in crypto-currencies, it will start working with futures and non-deliverable forward products.
ridertiger (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2018, 09:30:10 AM

I think someone or some country said they planned to open up ETFs, can't remember who though. Was it a wall street firm or something? Anyone?

I don't like it either. I still don't think things went very well after the first futures contacts. I think they really open room for manipulation, since they can buy bitcoin to drive the price up, and then just dump to try to make it go down. This way they will be winning on the way up, since they bought low and sold high, and then they will win even further if they shorted BTC on the futures contract. A lot of people say it's not that easy, but these investors are rich as hell, and given the lack of regulation I don't see how they can't do this.

We really need ETFs and real adoption to happen. I guess we need to keep waiting for now.
tanjilrifat

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 05:06:05 PM

Keep in mind this was the first time in BTC history where a participant could actively "short" the matket.In current times the competition Bitmain is facing is healthy and allows that market to become less centralized,
BenRickert

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:04:23 PM

It's extremely easy to short BTC with futures. Click of a button. I do it all the time to hedge my natural long positions from mining. There is nothing wrong with "two way markets". There is everything wrong with "one way markets". They are waaay more easy to manipulate. Also, you do realize that ETF's are constructed with futures and options contracts don't you??

Excellent FAQ for Lightning Network https://medium.com/@AudunGulbrands1/lightning-faq-67bd2b957d70
marinakofoleva

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

Powered by Search and Discovery

View Profile
June 11, 2018, 06:12:03 PM

Have you guys heard?
Goldman Sachs will be doing futures instead of a proper bitcoin desk, which makes me sick to my stomach.
These people are doing everything they can to sink the great Bitcoin game, but they will fail because nothing can stand in the way of progress.
https://www.coindesk.com/goldman-sachs-to-begin-bitcoin-futures-trading-within-weeks/
Goldman executive Rana Yared said the decision resulted from a growing number of inquiries from clients that indicated interest in holding bitcoin as an alternative asset.

"It resonates with us when a client says, 'I want to hold bitcoin or bitcoin futures because I think it is an alternate store of value,'" she told the Times.
AAAAAAND what do they choose? Friggin Futures of course.

Yes news, of course not very pleasanting . I will add, as far as I know last year 2017, this company bought the Poloniex exchange. Only I don't know why they're playing a double now. I can assume that they are playing a double game. In the media, they can say one thing, but actually do other things, buy or sell bitcoin. Don't believe the news.

SEMUX   -   An innovative high-performance blockchain platform  
▬▬▬▬▬      Powered by Semux BFT consensus algorithm      ▬▬▬▬▬
Github    -    Discord    -    Twitter    -    Telegram    -    Get Free Airdrop Now!
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 13, 2018, 11:07:25 AM

Have you guys heard?
Goldman Sachs will be doing futures instead of a proper bitcoin desk, which makes me sick to my stomach.
https://www.coindesk.com/goldman-sachs-to-begin-bitcoin-futures-trading-within-weeks/
Goldman executive Rana Yared said the decision resulted from a growing number of inquiries from clients that indicated interest in holding bitcoin as an alternative asset.

"It resonates with us when a client says, 'I want to hold bitcoin or bitcoin futures because I think it is an alternate store of value,'" she told the Times.
I don’t think why these kind of people are just against of bitcoin and why they can’t tolerate the progress of bitcoin. Bitcoin being an asset and a very sustainable crypto currency has always proved its worth and has provided so many facilities to the needy like employment, reducing poverty but why don’t these people understand these things and why they wants to just obstructs the path of bitcoin but I believe that these little tactics will not affect the path of progress of bitcoin.
ridertiger (OP)

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:17:42 PM

It's extremely easy to short BTC with futures. Click of a button. I do it all the time to hedge my natural long positions from mining. There is nothing wrong with "two way markets". There is everything wrong with "one way markets". They are waaay more easy to manipulate. Also, you do realize that ETF's are constructed with futures and options contracts don't you??
I see that you know a little bit about this. What do you suggest, what is your solution? Here is my original post:

BenRickert

View Profile
June 14, 2018, 04:52:42 PM

I see that you know a little bit about this. What do you suggest, what is your solution? Here is my original post:

Places like GSA and JP Morgan Chase et al, are only interested in one thing. Stealing money. They have no idea how to make it legitimately. They always need an inside edge or inside game. GSA will use BTC Futures and Options the same way they use ALL derivatives or secondary market products. They have a trading desk with a bunch of douche bag monkeys working on it. They call themselves "Traders", but they are the furthest thing from it. They're just lowlife halfwit dumb asses that blew the right boss to get the job on the desk.  It s their job to show their "customers" Bids and Asks outside of the current markets available to the trading desk. If You sell BTC in you GSA Futures account, you will sell it them at a worse price than they can sell it. EG; you sell one BTC contract through them at $6,499.00. They then turn around and sell it on their inside market at $6,505.00. Instant profit, NO RISK....AND they charge your account a huge fucking commission to do it. Keep in mind that they do this on HUGE volume day in and day out. Not much anyone can do. People are stupid and they give GSA their business because they are ignorant and gullible. Futures and Options aren't the demons they are made out to be. As with all things. It's the scumbags that abuse them. Personally, I use discount brokers and do my own executions. Futures and Options bring legitimate hedging to the market place which in turn provides much needed liquidity. They are also very highly regulated. Could it be better?? Hell yes. What can't. Prior to this, your only ability to sell BTC without being long was in the "Swaps" markets which were all dark room transactions only utilized by huge players and Investment banks. This provides MUCH greater visibility than that scene.

sakamaku

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:18:12 AM

Goldman Sachs sees bitcoin as a currency
"Bitcoin as Money," a proprietary study published by Goldman Sachs, argues, "Our assumption is that long-term monetary gains will be (or are slightly lower) than growth of global real output. "Ultimately," the mathematical algorithm should be considered as a low-yielding asset, like gold or some other precious metal, "Goldman Sachs expressed. Goldman suggests a hypothesis where electronic money is a currency.
As one of the oldest US banks, Goldman Sachs has been around for about 150 years. It has existed for decades before the Federal Reserve (Fed) appeared, experiencing various financial events. Goldman employees continue to run the world, occupying the most powerful offices in the government. When this bank issues a topic, the market will listen to it.
befriendmywater

Activity: 658
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:25:15 AM

Goldman Sachs sees bitcoin as a currency
"Bitcoin as Money," a proprietary study published by Goldman Sachs, argues, "Our assumption is that long-term monetary gains will be (or are slightly lower) than growth of global real output. "Ultimately," the mathematical algorithm should be considered as a low-yielding asset, like gold or some other precious metal, "Goldman Sachs expressed. Goldman suggests a hypothesis where electronic money is a currency.
As one of the oldest US banks, Goldman Sachs has been around for about 150 years. It has existed for decades before the Federal Reserve (Fed) appeared, experiencing various financial events. Goldman employees continue to run the world, occupying the most powerful offices in the government. When this bank issues a topic, the market will listen to it.
I think they will soon be partnering with a number of altcoins to improve their currency trading services and Goldman Sachs will be one of the most influential banks for Cryptoccurrency. This is a very trusting bank in Crypto and they will cooperate to develop Cryptocurrency. I think this is really a sign of Crypto's strong development.

───────────────    IMO Ecosystem    ───────────────
Customer First, Innovation from Everyone, Fair & Transparent
TELEGRAM  ]              J O I N   U S              [   TWITTER   ]
Abete

Activity: 252
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 09, 2018, 03:26:37 AM

If this is just a statement, I think it's okay. but what Goldman and his team are working for is to bring their clients to invest in bitcoins. it will have a positive impact on the market  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: