Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 04:08:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining still profitable?  (Read 543 times)
flavio.rib

Activity: 209
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2018, 07:35:14 PM

I was thing to buy a machine to Buy something like that:

mainBoard: Asus z270-a
CPU a Celeron no more than 50€
6 AMD MSI RX580 8g Armor
plus 4Gb mem ram
PLus the risers for the grapgic cards
and a good PSU

the investment is arround 3000€ and the electricity here is around 0.13kw/h, so to pay my investment I will take more than 1year, so in my opinion is not worthed.

But Anyway this hardware is good or there is better with te same amount??
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1718

CoinPoker.com

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:11:11 PM

6 AMD MSI RX580 8g Armor
plus 4Gb mem ram
and a good PSU

the investment is arround 3000€ and the electricity here is around 0.13kw/h, so to pay my investment I will take more than 1year, so in my opinion is not worthed.

Yes this is a good setup, the only issue is that the RX GPUs are all overpriced. In most markets it's priced as double from the original MSRP when they came out about 2 years ago.

Sometimes it might be a better deal just to get some Nvidia GPUs which are slightly more power efficient and they usually have a higher demand with gamers when it comes time to liquidate.

felixesteban

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 08:17:36 PM

Mining should definitely be considered for investment purposes and also should be considered waiting for a long time. Now maybe you are doing a coin mining and profit is too small, but three or five months later, this patience will bring more profit. Also you must choose undervalued coins and the coins which have a great potential and that are likely to explode in the near future.

▐ █   CoinFast   |   World’s First Decentralized ICO Platform
●● ▬▬   Whitepaper   [  Join the Whitelist  ]   Telegram   ▬▬ ●●
Facebook   Instagram   Twitter   ANN Thread   Youtube   Medium
Lennaft

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 10:09:03 PM

You could start to mine CryptoNote coins with your VPS like Electroneum or even try Boolberry. It seems to be a great coin to mine with CPU and with a good planned future.
Agozyen

Activity: 672
Merit: 252

Until the end

View Profile
May 13, 2018, 11:41:32 PM

6 AMD MSI RX580 8g Armor
plus 4Gb mem ram
and a good PSU

If mining is what you want to do then this setup isn't bad.  There will always be better/different equipment so no point in fretting over this too much.
Art99

Activity: 3

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 02:18:11 AM

Just like Market, mining will see its own ups and downs but I do believe it's going to be profitable for long time to come.
heavenknows

Activity: 192

View Profile WWW
May 14, 2018, 02:59:00 AM

I think this would be a debatable question. But as far as I'm concerned, mining is still profitable because the profit less the electricity is still gives you positive money. For example you mine 0.40 eth per month and its value if about $300 and the total electrical consumption cost only $100 then you still have profit. We can say it is profitable.
texasman86

Activity: 294
Merit: 104

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:17:30 AM

Mining is definitely profitable, and it will be for a while. Almost any equipment will have ROI in less than 1 year.. It's not lucrative, but profitable? Yes.
Marvell2

Activity: 1148
Merit: 132

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 03:35:04 AM

6 AMD MSI RX580 8g Armor
plus 4Gb mem ram
and a good PSU

Yes this is a good setup, the only issue is that the RX GPUs are all overpriced. In most markets it's priced as double from the original MSRP when they came out about 2 years ago.

Sometimes it might be a better deal just to get some Nvidia GPUs which are slightly more power efficient and they usually have a higher demand with gamers when it comes time to liquidate.

id wait till the 11 series gpus come out to buy
Mohondoa

Activity: 154

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 04:14:28 AM

Yes i think Smiley . But that depend your hashrate and what coin do you want to mine.
Because until to day, there's still a lot miner to mining also of me Smiley
And beside that, the mining not just how much coins result we can get, but also satisfaction about the process to resolve block Smiley
Hathaway999

Activity: 1

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:35:17 AM

I have an NVidia GTX1080 and am mining at an average rate of $2 USD per day.  Electricity costs about $10 USD per month.   So I net about $50 USD a month.   This is obviously going to take awhile to break even - about a year.  However, this is the key:  I’m investing my coins as I go and making money on trading.   I’m new to the game but so far I’m earning another $50 per month just on trades.  So that’s increasing my monthly net to about $100 USD.   As I build my balance I can make larger trades and therefore larger profit - but that also comes with larger losses if I screw it up.  So far I’ve been lucky.   The point here is, put your mining money to work for you and it can increase your ROI.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: