Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:53:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Altcoin with same token symbol - advice needed  (Read 215 times)
Jednopivo (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 2

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 10:59:00 AM

Hello,

I have joined two bounty campaigns but they both have the same token symbol and I provided both with the same wallet address (as I didn't realise at the time), so what should I do? Create another wallet address and once I get paid one lot of tokens - transfer it over to the new wallet, and then receive the next amount, or is there another way? I have taken a look at MEW but I couldn't find any answers to resolve this issue.

Thank you.

I don't think you have to join another campaign. Because when you use etherscan, you already can see the values of your coin and when you check it in the sites like coinmarketcap, you can already know which is which. And why are you having difficulties? Are you afraid of pulling out some money and ended up you pull up in the wrong coin? If yes, just double check it whenever you're going to major cryptocurrency exchanges.
It wasn't actually possible to add two with the new symbol - however, another BCT forum member has suggested some things so all good. Than you for you time and help.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
akashark

Activity: 387
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:05:51 AM

No problem. Because their symbol can be same not contract address. Like cybermiles and comet, both have the same symbol CMT. Like eristica and eternal trust both have the same symbol ERT. I Asked them that how can be it possible or good thing? They replied we have different smart contract address. So, No problem. You can add token on myetherwallet manually.

rarg

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2018, 11:06:12 AM

Hello,

I have joined two bounty campaigns but they both have the same token symbol and I provided both with the same wallet address (as I didn't realise at the time), so what should I do? Create another wallet address and once I get paid one lot of tokens - transfer it over to the new wallet, and then receive the next amount, or is there another way? I have taken a look at MEW but I couldn't find any answers to resolve this issue.

Thank you.

You don't have to worry about that. Usually, the token has a unique smart contract.
So you can differentiate it using the smart contract. Create another wallet is optional, but I think you could waste your gas to transfer it.

labake

Activity: 308
Merit: 15

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 11:15:20 AM

That shouldn’t be a problem at all, if tey both have same symbol, they will never have same contact address. It’s not even necessary you creating another wallet because they have same symbol. All you have to do is to check the contract addressfor both and you will never be confused. Simple as ABC
Kaller

Activity: 752
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 12:15:05 PM

It really is not a big deal and if you get paid to the same address the tokens will just seperate themselves in the wallet to their respective projects due to the smart contracts not being the same because despite the fact that they have the same symbol does not mean that they have the same project and coin. If you want you could make another address but it is not a problem.
Octc76

Activity: 275
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2018, 12:18:46 PM

Hello,

Thank you.
in my opinion, if you are confused about the tokens symbol, we can check it in etherscan by finding smart contract then search. that way, we will not be mistaken in knowing tokens.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: