Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:12:20 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Best Pre-Order Option NOW  (Read 5494 times)
crocko

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

'All that glitters is not gold'

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:31:34 AM

Please don't jump into pre-order band wagon until:

- you are not 100% sure the source is legit, not a scammer (see XCrowds  Tongue)
- you are not 100% sure that you (1) will receive  the miner
                                              (2)  on time (see BFL)
- you are not 100% that you will gain at least ROI.... check a profit calculator first!
 Throwing couple thousands of $ and gain profit under 5%  it is worse even if you will deposit that money to the bank for an amount of time. The scope of the "game" is to gain ROI + some consistent profit
- you are not 100% sure that you actually can use that expensive miner...True ! For eg. check your power grid, environment conditions etc.  Tongue

If you are not sure, don't risk your money.
If you still want to have coins, buy them and trade ! The BTC price will raise again and you will gain a nice profit without a headache.

Find my posts helpful? Click my Trust link and rep me!
BTC: 1MqUxoDQE8Q88sDvoaLMbBJSMToSfPgKSy  DOGE: D61Na9wjuneAn9GFLRNrHgWHHFwVfd1T7y  LTC: 3Luo136zrqkCi53jT72FEY52GbwW1ZYi6X
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 01:39:12 AM

- you are not 100% that you will gain at least ROI.... check a profit calculator first!

So what you are saying is to never ever do a preorder. I agree with you.
Clayce (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 03:44:11 AM

Alright, well since all we can do for now is speculate...what do you think the diff level will be come April??
Blackswan122

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:35:03 AM

Please don't jump into pre-order band wagon until:

- you are not 100% sure the source is legit, not a scammer (see XCrowds  Tongue)
- you are not 100% sure that you (1) will receive  the miner
                                              (2)  on time (see BFL)
 Throwing couple thousands of $ and gain profit under 5%  it is worse even if you will deposit that money to the bank for an amount of time. The scope of the "game" is to gain ROI + some consistent profit
- you are not 100% sure that you actually can use that expensive miner...True ! For eg. check your power grid, environment conditions etc.  Tongue

If you are not sure, don't risk your money.
If you still want to have coins, buy them and trade ! The BTC price will raise again and you will gain a nice profit without a headache.

It's so easy to say "don't get on the pre-order band wagon"...with hindsight you may at present be right....but if the BTC price takes another massive jump before April....then you will be wrong. We all knew we were taking risks...no risk no reward. If my 167gh gets online in January I will make a profit...probably...if it arrives in feb I won't unless the BTC price does another "going mental phase". It's all a numbers game... I am at present investing in CEX to at least put my cash into action whilst I wait for BFL to deliver... Seems that again the delivery dates are slipping...caused by many different factors. It's a new game and everyone is learning. But remember 99.6% of the population haven't even heard of Bitcoin...and haven't got a clue how BIG it could get. You and I are at the beginning of something big....we just need to realise it. If you don't try and catch the train somehow....you will never get onboard!
timvan007

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:26:10 PM

Alright, well since all we can do for now is speculate...what do you think the diff level will be come April??

I turned completely to used hardware and have been buying as low as possible, mining while listing, and selling it to make more and buy better hardware. In just under a month I'll be up to 600GH, with a $3500 investment and turning around hardware.  Preorders are great if you are already sitting on a farm, but to the newb buying in without enough cash, smart plays on smaller hardware can still get you in the game for the long run.

That being said, once I have $6k profit, I'll be ordering a prospero x-3 for sure. That seems to be a good preorder to get into if you have the cash/btc on hand right now.

Edit: Meant to quote PenAndPaper up a few posts about not preordering, but left it out.

So what you are saying is to never ever do a preorder. I agree with you.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: