Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:56:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Speculative Idea  (Read 2941 times)
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:44:23 PM

I am going to give you all a hint "stabilization"

I am going out on a limb here, but based on what you have told us so far I now conclude your idea will not work and you are wasting your time.

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fleabag (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:45:20 PM

If it is any kind of investment platform, good luck climbing the wall of trust.

what do you mean?
fleabag (OP)

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:54:31 PM

I am going out on a limb here, but based on what you have told us so far I now conclude your idea will not work and you are wasting your time.

ok whatever you say.
emanymton

Activity: 219
Merit: 106

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 09:55:55 PM

what do you mean?
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:05:23 PM

what do you mean?

Bitcoiners demand a lot more from their investment platforms now than in the beginning.  Many scams have been pulled, security breaches (of a technical and social nature), incorrect calculations involving money, regulatory issues (including countless seized accounts), etc.

Everything you do will be scrutinized, from your code, to your jurisdiction of registration, to your legal compliance, etc.

Finally, even after you dot your t's and cross your i's you have to get people to trust you enough to hand over money to you.  And if you are hoping to stabilize bitcoin, you are talking a lot of money.

It's not impossible, but good luck.  You will need a fair share to make it.  But, as they say, the harder you work, the luckier you get.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
December 04, 2013, 10:19:25 PM

I would say that most members with an activity of over let's say about 500 are "hitters" over say 800 are "heavy hitters"?

You have the attention of a few in this thread.

You might try to PM or email your idea to one that you trust and get their opinion.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
cbeast
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1006

Let's talk governance, lipstick, and pigs.

View Profile
December 04, 2013, 10:25:12 PM

If you have a good idea and are unwilling to share it, you will not be trusted. Even if your idea requires centralised capital,  then your idea will be copied anyway. It's just a good idea to let us help you make the idea work. We all benefit from successful Bitcoin ideas because we're investors already by owning Bitcoin.

Any significantly advanced cryptocurrency is indistinguishable from Ponzi Tulips.
fleabag (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:13:46 AM

If you have a good idea and are unwilling to share it, you will not be trusted. Even if your idea requires centralised capital,  then your idea will be copied anyway. It's just a good idea to let us help you make the idea work. We all benefit from successful Bitcoin ideas because we're investors already by owning Bitcoin.

I hear you all. But not divulging what I am working on should not be misconstrued as hiding something or being dishonest. Sorry but if the idea sucks I get bashed, and if the idea is great someone is going to start working on it and stealing it. So it is a lose-lose for me.

Let me propose something to everyone: I have an idea/application that will in an indirect way stabilize the wild price swings of bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies. I know business' are slowly accepting bitcoins, but this is strictly for the most part a novelty. I think the first stable currency might be the one that goes totally balls to the wall mainstream. Would you guys be interested? Would you be interested in shares or being part owner of the company? This will be totally out in the open, everything on the table type of deal. No anonymous anything. So there should not be any fears of someone stealing anyones money. Thoughts?
CEG5952

Activity: 658

Buy and sell bitcoins,

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:21:50 AM

are you talking about running some kind of ponzi scheme? out with it.

fleabag (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 01:38:51 AM

are you talking about running some kind of ponzi scheme? out with it.

LMFAO!
That was good!

ablewasiereisawelba

Activity: 133
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:39:50 AM

I hear you all. But not divulging what I am working on should not be misconstrued as hiding something or being dishonest. Sorry but if the idea sucks I get bashed, and if the idea is great someone is going to start working on it and stealing it. So it is a lose-lose for me.

Let me propose something to everyone: I have an idea/application that will in an indirect way stabilize the wild price swings of bitcoins and other cryptocurrencies. I know business' are slowly accepting bitcoins, but this is strictly for the most part a novelty. I think the first stable currency might be the one that goes totally balls to the wall mainstream. Would you guys be interested? Would you be interested in shares or being part owner of the company? This will be totally out in the open, everything on the table type of deal. No anonymous anything. So there should not be any fears of someone stealing anyones money. Thoughts?

Your idea, which is for a "stable altcoin", is dumb.

BitAlarm.com - Bitcoin Alarm - Wake up to big changes in the market, or listen to beeps as a price is passed in the background.
nicomekl

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:44:10 AM

Coming from a guy named fleabag, I don't see how this couldn't be legitimate.

http://media.ed.edmunds-media.com/non-make/carbuying/carbuying_601122_600.jpg

Please post your Bitcoin address so that I can invest in your idea right away!
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 03:54:05 AM

And just how exactly would this generate a profit?

I like it when people get excited about new ideas in the Bitcoin world and have the drive to implement them. Just make sure that this is something that's actually profitable. Run some simulations.
fleabag (OP)

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 10:52:40 AM

Your idea, which is for a "stable altcoin", is dumb.

Its not an altcoin.
BurtW
Legendary

Activity: 2646
Merit: 1131

All paid signature campaigns should be banned.

View Profile WWW
December 05, 2013, 12:57:44 PM

Instead of all these "teaser" posts why not pick one trusted long time member and explain your idea to them just to see what they think.  It would be a much better use of your (and our) time.

Our family was terrorized by Homeland Security.  Read all about it here:  http://www.jmwagner.com/ and http://www.burtw.com/  Any donations to help us recover from the $300,000 in legal fees and forced donations to the Federal Asset Forfeiture slush fund are greatly appreciated!
Badonkadonk

Activity: 560

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 06:36:20 PM

i don't realy see the point of coming on a forum, telling a bunch of strangers "i have an awesome idea, but i wont tell you what".
at least be honest and go "i want attention" Tongue

t3a

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 05, 2013, 06:41:35 PM

Reported for making a terrible post.

Advertise here for 10btc/day
BTChap

Activity: 114

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 05:02:37 PM

Two pages on an idea none believe in id a good start. Keep at it OP, following from now. GO.
virtualmaster

Activity: 504

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 06:54:07 PM

Last night I had an epiphany.
Sorry. Do you feel better now ?

Calendars for free to print: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF Protect the Environment with Namecoin: 2014 Calendar in JPG | 2014 Calendar in PDF
Namecoinia.org  -  take the planet in your hands
BTC: 15KXVQv7UGtUoTe5VNWXT1bMz46MXuePba   |  NMC: NABFA31b3x7CvhKMxcipUqA3TnKsNfCC7S
successquik

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 08:06:38 AM

Math is math is math is math.

The idea of a  stable bitcoin/cryptocoin is laudable.

But, then again, there is reality.

This has been a fun thread to follow while I watch the overnight trading in btc... Wow!

SQ
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: