I am having the same issue. I transferred 100 Euro to TradeHill end of July. Two weeks later the money was returned to my bank account (allegedly they had troubles with their bank not supporting the Bitcoin business).
I also transferrerd several BTCs to my TradeHill account, so my current balance is positive.
Now, despite of this, they are blocking my account, i.e. I cannot log in! After I have asked them what is wrong, they have promptly replied and asked me to send ca. 47 EUR to them, and then they would re-activate my account. I consider this quite dubious, at least.
- Why are they blocking my account if I did not do anything wrong and
- if I even have a POSITIVE BALANCE at their account?
- Why are they asking me to send even more EUROs to them before they are going to re-activate my account??
I am not sure if they have bad intentions or if they are just unprofessional - I am hoping for the latter.
I will continue reporting how this incident continues... If they are trying to trick me, they shall regret it.
- [Update 12 Aug 2011: TradeHill replied by email, but nothing was sorted out yet - I will keep you informed]
- [Update 15 Aug 2011: No further personal reply since my email from 12 Aug 2011 yet - I am getting a little concerned...still hoping that their are honest...]
- Update 17 Aug 2011: Everything was clarified, one of the co-founders has contacted me and sorted it out. There has been an error in the communication from one member of the tradehill staff, yielding that illogical request. Now my account was activated again and I can view my (positive) balance and can place orders normally.