Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:43:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Signature Designers exchanging merits [SOLVED]  (Read 635 times)
Zpectrum (OP)

Activity: 184
Merit: 117

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:52:22 AM
Last edit: May 09, 2018, 03:33:14 AM by Zpectrum
Merited by ruletheworld (1)

I'll use the format that killyou72 offers

USER PROFILE : Anyobsss
MERIT SUMMARY : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;u=1030587
PROOF: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2195884.msg22060263#msg22060263

USER PROFILE : hkdfgkdf
MERIT SUMMARY : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;u=1184165
PROOF: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2894992.msg29763056#msg29763056

USER PROFILE : Revenant 02
MERIT SUMMARY : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=merit;u=1135453
PROOF: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2234939.msg22531312#msg22531312

Edit: I had posted it on his list, but i thought it was inactive and i remove it

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3574558.msg36705026#msg36705026

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 05:27:24 AM

Nice find. They could have been a bit more subtle at least!
allahabadi

Activity: 952
Merit: 166

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 07:14:54 AM

They are exchanging merits; no doubt, but why make an entire new thread on it?

Is it some novel thing or a shit post that is getting merited? I believe it is the mutual appreciation of art. Unless you can prove that they are alts; I don't find anything objectionable.

-snip-
Nice find. They could have been a bit more subtle at least!

Pray tell me why? Huh
Revenant 02

Activity: 161
Merit: 131

freebitcoin - bit.ly/39W35eE

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 10:19:41 AM

Well, it's not like we intentionally traded merits, or like we talked about it. Anyobsss and I had worked together multiple times before. There are times when the number of people asking for my service gets really overwhelming that I alone can't handle like 5 or more orders placed in a day, so I had to ask for another designer's help and it turned out to be Anyobsss. Now since some of the projects in his service thread technically came from me, I decided why not give him some merits for helping me out. In return I have helped him too since he was paid for doing those signatures. As you can see, I sent him the merits first. He probably saw it and decided to give me the equal amount of merit, probably because he appreciates it, but it's not like I begged him to send merits back to me. Is it prohibited to send back to the person who sent you merits? Would it be automatically considered as merit trading? I would want to know.

P.S. I just noticed you're a fellow designer. Good luck with the service though. Maybe we can work together too someday. Anyways, keep up the good work.

Edit:

Hmm yeah I just noticed it. He could have just left the post on the thread and wait. I'm not really sure about it, but given the title of it, I sure hope it's not about business  Undecided

digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:32:38 PM

Let them send some merits for their nice designs. let people see their merits, who cares? they are not merit sources. let them have fun. it's not meriting
Garbage posts. it's not like they have traded hundreds of merits this way? because I only see 20-25 merits on each one of their designing threads.
Just don't tag them for this.

🖤😏
Zpectrum (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:45:44 PM

Is it some novel thing or a shit post that is getting merited? I believe it is the mutual appreciation of art. Unless you can prove that they are alts; I don't find anything objectionable.

I said it in my post above: I had posted it on his list, but i thought it was inactive and i remove it. Although i also saw others make an entire thread for merit abuse, so i thought i could do it, if i'm wrong making this thread, i'll gladly close this thread and post it on the killyou72 thread

Well, it's not like we intentionally traded merits, or like we talked about it. Anyobsss and I had worked together multiple times before. There are times when the number of people asking for my service gets really overwhelming that I alone can't handle like 5 or more orders placed in a day, so I had to ask for another designer's help and it turned out to be Anyobsss. Now since some of the projects in his service thread technically came from me, I decided why not give him some merits for helping me out. In return I have helped him too since he was paid for doing those signatures. As you can see, I sent him the merits first. He probably saw it and decided to give me the equal amount of merit, probably because he appreciates it, but it's not like I begged him to send merits back to me. Is it prohibited to send back to the person who sent you merits? Would it be automatically considered as merit trading? I would want to know.

Although if it's as you say, there're 2 factors that can be interpreted as merits exchange (at least for me):

• It was the same amount
  • It was to a thread of service

I think there were other ways to appreciating the help Anyobsss gave you, like the Trust System

P.S. I just noticed you're a fellow designer. Good luck with the service though. Maybe we can work together too someday. Anyways, keep up the good work.

Thanks, i also wish you the best and hope to work with you someday (don't think i'm trying to lighten the situation with this comment)

Let them send some merits for their nice designs. let people see their merits, who cares? they are not merit sources. let them have fun. it's not meriting
Garbage posts. it's not like they have traded hundreds of merits this way? because I only see 20-25 merits on each one of their designing threads.
Just don't tag them for this.

If i remember correctly, the merits system was made to improve post quality (and things that help the community, i've seen that people give merits to do infographics about the merits system). Yes, they've good designs but there was another way to appreciate the help they were receiven, as i said before, by the Trust System. Are you trying to say that if they aren't merits souces, they can do merits exchanges?
botany
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1064

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 01:57:09 PM

If i remember correctly, the merits system was made to improve post quality (and things that help the community, i've seen that people give merits to do infographics about the merits system). Yes, they've good designs but thedtre was another way to appreciate the help they were receiven, as i said before, by the Trust System. Are you trying to say that if they aren't merits souces, they can do merits exchanges?

Merit sources are not allowed to sell merits. That is the only rules as far as giving merits is concerned.
If there are blatant examples of misuse of merits (this is not one of them), then default trust members may give out negative trust. Theymos has said that DT members should not be trigger happy and jump to conclusions in these cases.
r1s2g3

Activity: 742
Merit: 395

I am alive but in hibernation.

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:34:33 PM

Looks like that people now come to that point that they started reporting /creating thread for each merit given and looks circling in loop.
With such Merit toxicity in forum , I do not think anybody now want to send and receive Merit from not well known member.
I agree that Merit is abused and people need to be reported but OP this thread just look that people now stopped using common sense.

I am alive
digaran
Copper Member

Activity: 1330
Merit: 899

🖤😏

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 02:38:47 PM

and things that help the community, i've seen that people give merits to do infographics about the merits system). Yes, they've good designs but there was another way to appreciate the help they were receiven, as i said before, by the Trust System. Are you trying to say that if they aren't merits souces, they can do merits exchanges?

Depends on the quality of their posts. for example: if you read my latest red tagging, you'll understand. if these signature designers are meriting each other back and forth for some low quality posts, you could tag them. don't wait for DT members. you should tag them yourself.

🖤😏
Revenant 02

Activity: 161
Merit: 131

freebitcoin - bit.ly/39W35eE

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 03:53:18 PM
Last edit: May 06, 2018, 04:07:19 PM by Revenant 02

Let me be clear once and for all. I am not the type of person who would beg others to send or trade merits with me. It's the same with trust. I won't bother other people, If they really liked my service, they themselves would give me merit or trust, I won't have to ask them. If somebody sends me then I'm thankful for that. If not then it's okay. I don't even care about merits or rank, I don't need it, why would I? I'm offering my own service lol so it's not really a big deal to me. All I care is about my reputation as a signature designer. I want to be known here in this forum (not as a rule breaker) but as great designer, even the best if I could.

Although if it's as you say, there're 2 factors that can be interpreted as merits exchange (at least for me):

• It was the same amount

Really? Oh God. Don't worry, the next time I send merits to someone I'll warn them not to merit any of my posts, especially if it's the same amount.  Tongue

• It was to a thread of service

Well we technically collaborated our services before so it probably makes sense to put it in his service thread, right? No? I guess I should've just picked one of his random posts, man that'll save me all of this time explaining. Yeah I agree, people nowadays stopped using common sense.

I think there were other ways to appreciating the help Anyobsss gave you, like the Trust System

Yeah trust rating is commonly used when you made a trade with another user which involves transaction of money. We basically worked together. Too bad the option for a neutral trust comment didn't cross my mind that time. It will definitely save me a lot of time explaining to you something that you can't seem to understand.

If i remember correctly, the merits system was made to improve post quality (and things that help the community, i've seen that people give merits to do infographics about the merits system). Yes, they've good designs but there was another way to appreciate the help they were receiven, as i said before, by the Trust System. Are you trying to say that if they aren't merits souces, they can do merits exchanges?

As far as I know, you could give merits to posts or threads that you find useful to you or the community. Well, I found his service useful during the time that I needed it the most, and probably to the community as well, so yeah...  Roll Eyes

The way I see it, the merit system is flawed. That's a fact. Anyway, whatever. Just don't send back merits at all to those people who sent you if you don't want to be accused of trading merits.

I'm sorry if you find some of my words sarcastic and offensive. That's just how I am when I get upset.

I'm done here. I don't need to explain myself anymore. Let the admins do their job. They will act if they see that something is wrong.

Best regards.

Zpectrum (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 04:32:13 PM

Depends on the quality of their posts

I agree with this, but if it was a quality post i wasn't here reporting it, do not you think?, they only given merits to his services

if these signature designers are meriting each other back and forth for some low quality posts, you could tag them. don't wait for DT members. you should tag them yourself.

Is it not what i'm doing?, in addition, only Revenant 02 has defended himself, the other 2 designers haven't said anything, i think that a DT or mod will appear to give the final decision

I'm done here. I don't need to explain myself anymore. Let the admins do their job. They will act if they see that something is wrong.

You're right, let the admins do their work, i apologize in advance if you thought that this thread was overshadowing your service, i haven't intention of doing it, it was only a suspicion (i think i should have written it in the subject), so i published in meta (Discussion about the Bitcoin Forum). Thanks again for giving your opinion
figmentofmyass
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1483

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:10:25 PM

because he is a fellow signature designer. it would be preferable for his business if his competition were red-tagged. that's 100% what this thread is about---eliminating his competition. anyone who denies that has their head in the sand.

You're right, let the admins do their work, i apologize in advance if you thought that this thread was overshadowing your service, i haven't intention of doing it, it was only a suspicion (i think i should have written it in the subject), so i published in meta (Discussion about the Bitcoin Forum). Thanks again for giving your opinion

you know exactly what you're doing and there is nothing honorable about it.

if you provide quality products, you will get customers. PERIOD. if not, go lick the admin's boots and tattle-tale on your competition. that's fucking pathetic. Roll Eyes

athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:30:05 PM

Well, i have said this before, but i want to say it once again. I have seen so many accusation, and sometimes the accusations are well deserved one and some are not and cost the accused of being a person with a wrong tag and most likely the tag is hard to be removed (but i dont have the data for it).

Because of that, i think we need some kind of rules to accuse people, right? Maybe some like :
1. The accuser must use the original account.
2. The accuser can give proof etc of accusation
3. The accused must be noticed and present their proof to counter the accusation.
4. DT/moderators/admin then decides.
5. If the accused is wrong and proved as an abuser or cheater or scammer, then he will be tagged.
6. If the accusation is wrong, then the accuser will be red tagged.

I dont defend anyone in this thread with this post. But really, this thing bothers me a lot. People sometimes just make a new account and start accusing people just by seeing the merit activity and then boom, people got tagged. For the right accusation, it is perfect, but what if it is a wrong accusation but the accused still got tagged? Just see this thread for example, a sig designer accuse 3 other sig designer. Trying to get rid of competitor?

Just my 2 cents.
Zpectrum (OP)

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 05:54:13 PM

because he is a fellow signature designer. it would be preferable for his business if his competition were red-tagged. that's 100% what this thread is about---eliminating his competition. anyone who denies that has their head in the sand.

you know exactly what you're doing and there is nothing honorable about it.

if you provide quality products, you will get customers. PERIOD. if not, go lick the admin's boots and tattle-tale on your competition. that's fucking pathetic. Roll Eyes

Oh my god, you've discovered me, my idea was almost perfect until you showed up ..., Revenant 02 and the others have their own style to make signatures, if customers like their style they'll hire him, we're not selling the same house

I think i understand what you mean, i'll create another account and i'll report them, because if i use my original account they'll think that i am getting rid of the competition...

Well, i have said this before, but i want to say it once again. I have seen so many accusation, and sometimes the accusations are well deserved one and some are not and cost the accused of being a person with a wrong tag and most likely the tag is hard to be removed (but i dont have the data for it).

Because of that, i think we need some kind of rules to accuse people, right? Maybe some like :
1. The accuser must use the original account.
2. The accuser can give proof etc of accusation
3. The accused must be noticed and present their proof to counter the accusation.
4. DT/moderators/admin then decides.
5. If the accused is wrong and proved as an abuser or cheater or scammer, then he will be tagged.
6. If the accusation is wrong, then the accuser will be red tagged.

I dont defend anyone in this thread with this post. But really, this thing bothers me a lot. People sometimes just make a new account and start accusing people just by seeing the merit activity and then boom, people got tagged. For the right accusation, it is perfect, but what if it is a wrong accusation but the accused still got tagged? Just see this thread for example, a sig designer accuse 3 other sig designer. Trying to get rid of competitor?

Just my 2 cents.

I'll wait for a DT/moderators/admin to come and decide, if my report is wrong, i willn't complain the negative trust Smiley
DarkStar_
Legendary

Activity: 2758
Merit: 3282

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 06:37:21 PM

I think they should be given reasonable doubt. I can't speak on behalf of others but this doesn't stand out as abuse to me.

taking a break - expect delayed responses
Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 07:38:13 PM

I must admit Revenant02 is really good at sig designing I even send him a neutral feedback when he was still Jr. Member or Newbie.
Fortunately enough I didn't get involve in any reciprocating of sMerit by a fellow signature designer before closing my service in sig design.

An arguments to expelled a competitor in the said service is nothing because designing solely depend on the designer and I've been thinking lately of giving up sig designing in this forum and only participate on a contest cause I'm very busy learning python in a really intensely laborious level Mr. ease want to order a signature for hero member to me and I refer him to Zwei the new signature designer around in this case I reckon signature designing service of Cobalt9317 will be unavailable forever.

P.S Henceforth my signature design would only be seen on occasional basis good luck to all my fellow sig designer this is Cobalt9317 signing out...
Nuky1289

Activity: 198
Merit: 12

The Operating System for DAOs

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 07:45:11 PM

i dont know, if this reporting of every single merit abuse is really the way the forum wants to be... People realy have limited choices to earn merit, so they are searching for other possibilities.

And one more thing, i realy dont understand: Bitcointalk Account buying is allowed but exchanging merit not? That doesnt make sense to me..

Cobalt9317
Copper Member

Activity: 434
Merit: 278

Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2018, 08:08:22 PM

i dont know, if this reporting of every single merit abuse is really the way the forum wants to be... People realy have limited choices to earn merit, so they are searching for other possibilities.

And one more thing, i realy dont understand: Bitcointalk Account buying is allowed but exchanging merit not? That doesnt make sense to me..

Merit is the new system in which oneself could be known for his/her well being in this community (e:i nullius is a well known character for the community he was involved in deep discussion of knowledge regarding bitcoin generally no one could compare himself/herself to nullius.)

Buying an account is allowed but not recommended as you can also receive a red tag for buying an account similarly trading merit is also a dishonest role you can play within this community.

The bottomline buying an account is allowed as long as you are capable of ranking it up in spite of having a great sense of judgement before you receive a merit (i:e buying a pirated music album is easy you can just download the album however it is hard to sell it like an original copyright as used good.)
Sony.UK

Activity: 532
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 08:41:54 PM

If the trade has been done with DT. They are sharing the green trust to the other end person. It is most reputed thing than exchaging merits right mate. Why you do not go to report about trusting the people each other.

However you done the good catch on this mate. You may get the merits for this. LOL...

Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 5912

Meh.

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:27:18 PM

Without naming names I can confirm that one user of the three were extremely pushy towards me giving them merit for.. nothing really.

Watching this to see what happens.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: