Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 07:04:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WARNING about Nextcoin NXT the new altcoin is this legit?  (Read 25894 times)
rbdrbd

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 02:33:27 PM

My post from the coinmarketcap.com thread:

I find it very interesting that within a day or two of Mastercoin being on the charts, Nxt's "market cap" has now risen dramatically and is now within 1MM of Mastercoin.

The recent rises in price, and the fact that Nxt trades on a single private exchange (from what I understand of it) smells funny. A cartel of a few large holders trading between themselves (or a single holder with multiple addresses -- remember the max contribution was 1 BTC per address -- someone could easily own 10-15 addresses) could easily engineer a rapid increase like this, and Nxt has a very large incentive to stay ahead of Mastercoin, making it be "the largest/highest valued crypto" of it's kind -- e.g. next-gen distributed application platforms.

Nothing inherently against Nxt, but let's get it on a few exchanges and see. I'm also not saying it's a scamcoin, but I think it's in a market situation now where it's very open for manipulation by large players. Mastercoin has somewhat of this same problem, but it is already traded numerous places (however, I believe the price data is only coming from masterxchange at this time). And, if we start seeing the same kind of massive and rapid price increases for Mastercoin on little to no news, with indicators of potential manipulation similar to what was posted earlier in this thread and on other threads, I'll start saying the same thing about it.
BaneBear

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:12:01 AM

What are you talking about?

Nxt Coin is clearly a scam?
look ta coinmarketcap.com

within days they went from an actual value, to nothing "?".

NxtCoin seems like a scam, just like Worldcoin (early mining by owners), Feathercoin (same doops as worldcoin?) and Ripple (all "coins" are premined, so its NOT a cryptocurreny, just a lousy attempt to rip people of their money)

If people just do some research befor they select a "currency".
They would be much better of.

Try to google:
(altcoin i want to start "mining"(cant mine ripple or other scams)) scam
If you have many hits.
Read up on them...
tyler27

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:22:40 AM

Im looking for a good cryptocurrency to invest money in.

Bitcoin?
Litecoin?

If you not have invested yet, start with those two. 95% of other coins will just die...
gnode

Activity: 492

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:34:47 AM

If you are looking for a real 100% Proof of Stake coin, go with COL.

It started out being mined and transitioned to 100% POS. No funny business here.

It trades on cryptsy in the LTC market.
EvilDave

Activity: 854
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:47:20 AM

I find it very interesting that within a day or two of Mastercoin being on the charts, Nxt's "market cap" has now risen dramatically and is now within 1MM of Mastercoin.

The recent rises in price, and the fact that Nxt trades on a single private exchange (from what I understand of it) smells funny. A cartel of a few large holders trading between themselves (or a single holder with multiple addresses -- remember the max contribution was 1 BTC per address -- someone could easily own 10-15 addresses) could easily engineer a rapid increase like this, and Nxt has a very large incentive to stay ahead of Mastercoin, making it be "the largest/highest valued crypto" of it's kind -- e.g. next-gen distributed application platforms.

Nothing inherently against Nxt, but let's get it on a few exchanges and see. I'm also not saying it's a scamcoin, but I think it's in a market situation now where it's very open for manipulation by large players. Mastercoin has somewhat of this same problem, but it is already traded numerous places (however, I believe the price data is only coming from masterxchange at this time). And, if we start seeing the same kind of massive and rapid price increases for Mastercoin on little to no news, with indicators of potential manipulation similar to what was posted earlier in this thread and on other threads, I'll start saying the same thing about it.

You missed out on the fact that NXT was already listed on Coinmarket cap for a week or so before Mastercoin got listed.
So in fact it looked as if Mastercoin was thrown into the cap list to knock NXT off the 3rd place.
And have u seen the trade volume om Mastercoin?  Less than Feathercoin, believe it or not.

Ans as to why the listing for NXT is gone from Coinmarketcap: DGEX exchange has been under DDoS, they upgraded the site today and the data link isn't up yet. But the site itself is working better then ever: http://www.dgex.com/
NXT will be back on the list soon, probably in 3rd or 4th place.

Nulli Dei, nulli Reges, solum NXT
Love your money: www.nxt.org  www.ardorplatform.org
www.nxter.org  www.nxtfoundation.org
tk808
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1124

Invest in your knowledge

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:59:35 AM

Nxt will be worth $80-$100 end of 2014. You heard it here first
visaco

Activity: 359

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:03:24 AM

1.) Who is DGEX?

DGEX.com is operated by Graviton Capital Inc. GCInc has been in e-currency business since 2001 (formerly Aureum Enterprises). The company entered the Bitcoin field in May 2012. Other sites owned by GCInc are for instance goldgameland.com, goldtails.com and botdice.com, and another high profile Bitcoin exchanger that will be live in late 2013.

2.) Why are there no trading fees?

DGEX promotes NXT trading by lifting trading fees at least in the beta period. We charge 1.4% of all Bitcoin withdrawals to cover transaction fees and other overhead costs. NXT withdrawals carry no fee until the end of 2013, we absorb the 1 NXT transaction fee.

3.) Why do you support only NXT <-> BTC?

DGEX will support multiple cryptocurrencies in the future. DGEX started by trading Freicoin that was switched to NEXT in November 2013.

4.) How risky is this? Can I trust you?

We have more than a decade's experience in combatting e-currency hackers of a wide variety, and two years' intensive experience of the Bitcoin tricksters. We do not currently use hot wallets.

As to the issue whether to trust our character with your money, you may wish to investigate our Bitcointalk profile. If you have doubts until DGEX is established, trade small and minimize your exposure by not keeping large funds on your account balance.

I have told you NEM will make you a millionaire and we have made it ...IOST is the new baby Money making machine.  keep an eye on this little Monster...
EvilDave

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:07:59 AM

+1   Grin

I strongly recommend taking a good look at NXT: (if u have a week to spare)

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.0

And then ask yourself if this is a typical scam coin or the next Bitcoin.

Ardolafat

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:11:14 AM

I love this thread, so much butthurt from shitcoins owners  Grin
BaneBear

Activity: 18

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:19:09 AM

+1   Grin

Lol! so you just ignore the OP?

what about:
"The currency website www.nextcoin.org and NXT echange platform DGEX.com are both hosted by the same company that appears have produced the currency.
That's Graviton Capital Inc.
By checking the WHOIS info on these websites the admin of both is goldtails@gmail.com

By googling that emailadress I discovered other websites that are adminned by this guy:

http://www.ipaddressden.com/email/goldtails@gmail.com.html

http://www.webboar.com/whois-email/goldtails@gmail.com

These are domainnames of gambling websites that look like scams.
The one that caught my eye the most is: www.ponzigame.com
PONZI GAME...

Above all that: in the terms of DGEX.com NXT exchange website it says that all BTC tranfered in to your DGEX account will become property of DGEX.com
So if DGEX.com decides to take all the BTC and close the website there is nothing you can do about it."

Isnt this a serious issue?
Why do you not care that the "owner" of your cryptocurrency of selection also owns a shitpile of scammingsites?
    (I guess your answer have to be "Oh, he owns 100 scammer sites. but NEXTCOIN IS LEGIT.")....
Grow up guys Smiley

PS:
And i dont even own a single bitcoin or nextshitcoin Smiley
nastybit

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:35:40 AM

+1   Grin

No need to spend a week on that thread:

- It's not opensource, we'll see on the 3rd of January
- It's PoS
- Extensive list of innovative features made in advance to attract noobs

These 3 reasons are enough for me to stay away from it, for now.
Iter

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:45:29 AM

100 billion marketcap? rofl

VTC > LTC
EvilDave

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:46:30 AM

+1   Grin

Lol! so you just ignore the OP?

what about:
"The currency website www.nextcoin.org and NXT echange platform DGEX.com are both hosted by the same company that appears have produced the currency.
That's Graviton Capital Inc.
By checking the WHOIS info on these websites the admin of both is goldtails@gmail.com

By googling that emailadress I discovered other websites that are adminned by this guy:

http://www.ipaddressden.com/email/goldtails@gmail.com.html

http://www.webboar.com/whois-email/goldtails@gmail.com

PONZI GAME...

Above all that: in the terms of DGEX.com NXT exchange website it says that all BTC tranfered in to your DGEX account will become property of DGEX.com
So if DGEX.com decides to take all the BTC and close the website there is nothing you can do about it."

Isnt this a serious issue?
Why do you not care that the "owner" of your cryptocurrency of selection also owns a shitpile of scammingsites?
    (I guess your answer have to be "Oh, he owns 100 scammer sites. but NEXTCOIN IS LEGIT.")....
Grow up guys Smiley

PS:

Fair enough, geezer who runs DGEX also runs some (apparently) dodgy sites.

He's not the "owner" of NXT, tho', the owners are the initial 71 guys who initially funded the NXT project.
The request for funding was openly posted on this forum, for anyone to get in on the ground floor if they wanted to.

I have my reservations about NXT, for sure, especially the distribution at the moment.
But take a look at the fora: do u see any other alts with 500-page threads ?
This means that NXT is building a serious, dedicated community and it's that support which persuaded me to throw some BTC into it.

Just gotta wait and see, worst case, I'm down some money, best case, i'm up lots  Cool

Ardolafat

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:54:06 AM

Doge owners become very agressive when the canine price falls. Cheesy
GCInc.

Activity: 566
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 29, 2013, 07:20:07 PM

Hey that's me! In addition to DGEX I seized the opportunity and also founded nextcoin.org. Isn't that just so cool?

PONZI GAME...
Yeah. Excellent domain, wanna offer? A game that everyone knows is a ponzi, is a fair game for everyone who knows it's a ponzi. It's still waiting implementation though.

So if DGEX.com decides to take all the BTC and close the website there is nothing you can do about it.
Exactly. How witty is that?

Wrong, I own 0 scammingsites. Do your homework.

I understand you. I pity you.

Dps23

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:32:13 PM

Hm, I follow ur logic and come to a conclusion that Bitcoin is just Tulip mania...

to be frank this is very misty answer on very concrete opinion full of facts.
Here is a place where people can say freely their opinion and in case they state detailed and logic arguments they deserve concrete answer.

If you have so bad opinion about bitcoin, why NXT is not traded for catcoins or solidcoins Smiley

who plays honest and fair game has nothing to hide and in fact is very glad to show all arguments.
I am sure that most people from bitcointalk are able to make their own conclusions.  Grin
Dps23

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 08:41:31 PM

I agree, very nicely explained
Come-from-Beyond
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 09:23:30 PM

Hm, I follow ur logic and come to a conclusion that Bitcoin is just Tulip mania...

to be frank this is very misty answer on very concrete opinion full of (wrongly interpreted) facts.

Fixed that for u.
rick2718

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:33:03 PM

pretty much sums it up:

"Once a deposit is made, the funds transferred become the property of DGEX.com and
    the client can hold no claim for the funds displayed on their DGEX.com account..."

though it's nice to know they are "aiming" to be bona fide:

"Refund Policy: While DGEX.com is aiming for bona fide operationability, there are no refunds.
   All deposits are considered final purchases of digital tokens within the DGEX.com database only."

NWO

Activity: 392

View Profile
January 06, 2014, 12:42:13 PM

So you are saying those 70+ donors who own 1/4 of all Nxt will have $400,000,000 each... Not to mention the few anonymous individuals who own 3/4 of all Nxt...

There is a fool born every minute. They fucked up with the distribution and it has destroyed the coin. A lot of people are realizing that they got played https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=401028.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: