Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:12:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: North Korea and Bitcoin  (Read 3422 times)
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2011, 10:59:46 PM

Kim Jong-Il Using MMO Gold Farming to Fund Nuclear Arms: http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/221769/kim-jong-il-using-mmo-gold-farming-to-fund-nuclear-arms/

What are the chances that Short-Dong-Jong knows about Bitcoin and has mining pools set up? (what a thought--Bitcoin used to help build nuclear bombs--not exactly what we need now)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
enmaku

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 11:08:25 PM

Satoshi = Kim Jong-il

Of course! Only the great leader of Best Korea is super-genius enough to create bitcoin!  Roll Eyes
Seraphim401

Activity: 215
Merit: 100

Live Long and Prosper

View Profile
August 08, 2011, 11:10:20 PM

Satoshi = Kim Jong-il

Of course! Only the great leader of Best Korea is super-genius enough to create bitcoin!  Roll Eyes
If only that piece of shit would use his genius to feed his people.

silverchair

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2011, 02:38:49 AM

Satoshi = Kim Jong-il

LOL,  Grin

Hey Guys! WWW.FREEBITCOINS.ORG introduces "Epic December Contest" where you can Win Sweet Casascius Coins !!!
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 02:41:09 AM

Satoshi = Kim Jong-il

Of course! Only the great leader of Best Korea is super-genius enough to create bitcoin!  Roll Eyes

You're taking about Kim Jong-il and North Korean people or Satoshi and his miners?

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 02:50:12 AM

HAHA  To fund nuclear arms huh? 

In a little less than two years, the police said, the organizers made $6 million.

OMG $3 million per year.  They'll have an ICBM in no time!   ROFLMAO

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
indicasteve

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2011, 02:54:36 AM

In a little less than two years, the police said, the organizers made $6 million.

You can't hug someone with nuclear arms!

But you might be able to cook something up on your stovetop...
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/08/02/diy_swedish_nuclear_reactor/

Art Express!  Native American Art, Crafts and Weapons!  coingig.com/ArtExpress
ctoon6

Activity: 350
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 03:54:28 AM

i like where north Korea's priorities are.

they have a starving population, a military based on equipment from around WWII, slave camps and a population controlled via fear, propaganda and indoctrination.

yet they only want nuclear arms to take out the Americans.

Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2011, 04:55:08 AM

they have a starving population, a military based on equipment from around WWII, slave camps and a population controlled via fear, propaganda and indoctrination.

I'm surprised Israel is not on their radar.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2011, 05:03:14 AM

You can't hug someone with nuclear arms!

But you might be able to cook something up on your stovetop...
http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/08/02/diy_swedish_nuclear_reactor/

You think that's funny. Image the look on their faces when they're told to start mining bitcoin--24/7.
BioMike
Legendary

Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 05:24:42 AM

I'm surprised Israel is not on their radar.

They would have to fire over China... the only country that keeps them in a safe position. And there are some other countries that they would not want to mess with in that direction.
c_k
Donator

Activity: 242

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 08:52:17 AM

They would have to fire over China

Incorrect, they border the pacific ocean on their east coast Smiley

Tasty Champa

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 10:57:00 AM

In chna, prisoners are forced to the point they can't see or move their fingers to play world of warcraft.
Each one is forced to grind roughly 300USD per day.
If those guards got wind of bitcoin, then investors are now giving a disturbingly oppressive and very corrupt department easy to hide money.
indicasteve

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2011, 11:22:09 AM

How come when I do a google map search for North Korea missle sites I get Washington DC?

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=north+korea+missile+sites&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1024&bih=605&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

Art Express!  Native American Art, Crafts and Weapons!  coingig.com/ArtExpress
ctoon6

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 11:40:17 AM

How come when I do a google map search for North Korea missle sites I get Washington DC?

http://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en&q=north+korea+missile+sites&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.&biw=1024&bih=605&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

inside north korea is pretty good, it was made a while ago, but has some info and satellite pics.

Are-you-a-wizard?

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 12:49:59 PM

Those are the targets, son.
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2011, 01:25:05 PM

It's because there's a restaurant there named North Korean Subs and their website streams ads by Google.
Jack of Diamonds

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 01:45:39 PM

Mining is a bad business for a rogue government like NK.  
The earnings are prob. much lower than farming WoW/Runescape/Lineage gold.

There is a big shortage of electricity in the country (all imported), and there aren't many profitable $/mhash cards on the market any longer. All they'd find is new 68/69xx cards in bulk

Unless they can smuggle in some special, cheap FPGAs or ASIC boards,
they will have huge upfront costs for potentially little reward (esp. if the price plunges down when they need to liquidate BTC).

It makes much more sense to buy cheap computers & hire slaves or prisoners to farm gold for you in online games. Unethical but cost effective.
http://blogs.forbes.com/insertcoin/2011/06/02/chinese-prisoners-forced-to-farm-world-of-warcraft-gold/

1f3gHNoBodYw1LLs3ndY0UanYB1tC0lnsBec4USeYoU9AREaCH34PBeGgAR67fx
Phinnaeus Gage (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2011, 01:50:26 PM

They would have to fire over China

Incorrect, they border the pacific ocean on their east coast Smiley

I think BioMike was in reference to the other side of NK (hmm! off by 2 vowels). But I see how they could fire a missile at Israel by aiming it east. For three million dollars, they'll be able to tie two African swallows to the ICBM (I heard this was once done with a coconut) and keep the missile low to avoid radar contact, thereby incorporating their stealth technology with the element of surprise.

Syria: Why did we ask North Korea for help?
North Korea: Keep mining peasants, for we have to help our Brother-in-Arms.
Israeil: Looks like we'll be fighting a two front war soon.
US General 1: Mr. President. Due to the monitoring of that Bitcoin forum, it looks like we have a situation brewing.
President Obama: I thought we had an agreement with the The Founders to remove that link from their site.
US General 2: We did, but the members still found it. They're a crafty bunch!
wumpus

Activity: 812
Merit: 1022

No Maps for These Territories

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 02:07:04 PM

It makes much more sense to buy cheap computers & hire slaves or prisoners to farm gold for you in online games. Unethical but cost effective.
http://blogs.forbes.com/insertcoin/2011/06/02/chinese-prisoners-forced-to-farm-world-of-warcraft-gold/
Not more unethical than putting the slaves to work in real mines, I'd think. All in all, it's still sad but I think the persons doing computer work are better off than they would be otherwise...

Bitcoin Core developer [PGP] Warning: For most, coin loss is a larger risk than coin theft. A disk can die any time. Regularly back up your wallet through FileBackup Wallet to an external storage or the (encrypted!) cloud. Use a separate offline wallet for storing larger amounts.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: