Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:50:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: China banned bitcoin. When will it crash? Win 0.1 BTC  (Read 5419 times)
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 11:52:02 AM

China DID NOT BAN BITCOIN. You are right.
BUT BAIDU STOPPED ACCEPTING BITCOINS. If you can't see that there is an issue here then you are a bigger idiot than all of those that think that bitcoin is banned in china. No offence.

I think that has a lot more to do with specific implementation difficulties Baidu was having, and lack of interest among its particular customer base.  These preceded the bank news.

Is this bank stuff an issue?  Of course.  I just don't think it's as much of an issue as you think.

For a bank to adopt a new technology would mean developing new methods, procedures and IT instruments. These projects can take years to complete properly.
I believe banks will adopt crypto currencies but they need time to start and complete the necessary projects to get there. And they need to adhere to the laws if any exist.
If not laws need to be made first, we all know that can take years too.

As you can see alot of work has to be done, decisions to be made, financial structure reform, this doesn't mean the have permanently stopped bitcoin from succeeding it will just take a few years before they can adopt.

Bitcoin is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get !!
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 06:36:39 PM

BUT BAIDU STOPPED ACCEPTING BITCOINS. If you can't see that there is an issue here then you are a bigger idiot than all of those that think that bitcoin is banned in china. No offence.

I think that has a lot more to do with specific implementation difficulties Baidu was having, and lack of interest among its particular customer base.  These preceded the bank news.

Is this bank stuff an issue?  Of course.  I just don't think it's as much of an issue as you think.

That is just speculation. The fact that the bitcoin address is no longer in a baidu page is a fact.

For a bank to adopt a new technology would mean developing new methods, procedures and IT instruments. These projects can take years to complete properly.

Kids can develop those in their basement in just a few days and bank can't? Don't try to find something else than the obvious reality here.
papaminer

Activity: 462

Free World

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 06:39:07 PM

China banned China.

฿: 1L7dSte4Rs4KyyxRCgrqSWYtkXdAb4Gy1z

MORE INFO ABOUT ME: BTC
darkmule
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 01:06:57 PM

That is just speculation. The fact that the bitcoin address is no longer in a baidu page is a fact.

So panicking about it is pretty premature, isn't it, since all that anyone can say about it amounts to speculation.
bitcool
Legendary

Activity: 1441
Merit: 1000

Live and enjoy experiments

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 01:20:18 PM

All those Chinese companies announcing accepting bitcoins were just for show, nothing more.

It's a good thing they moved away searching for the next eyeball  attracting fad. We need companies with real intention doing business in btc, probably much smaller ones.
Davyd05

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 01:24:19 PM

I think that has a lot more to do with specific implementation difficulties Baidu was having, and lack of interest among its particular customer base.  These preceded the bank news.

Is this bank stuff an issue?  Of course.  I just don't think it's as much of an issue as you think.

Kids can develop those in their basement in just a few days and bank can't? Don't try to find something else than the obvious reality here.

...uh.. so Baidu announced it self censored to avoid any clashes with the gov't.

Yes it takes banks a lot longer than one single person in his basement (give me some example of kids developing new procedures and IT instruments in their basements.. last guys I knew who did that were Bill Gates and his buddy at apple, by no means were they "kids"). They have regulations, investors, corporate structures and bureaucracy not to mention they try and make money off of you while holding all your money.. I know for a fact that a lot of the systems in Canada for bigger banks are outdated and a lot of work is required by humans to bridge the gap a simple hardware + software upgrade would solve.

Proud Hodler, neither bull nor bear.
PenAndPaper

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 01:22:03 AM

So panicking about it is pretty premature, isn't it, since all that anyone can say about it amounts to speculation.

Panic or not is another thing. After all it's not panic if you are the first one to leave. And that's what smart people did.
Sheeps on the other hand either hold their coins and prayed to god or sold at 700$ and 600$?.
darkmule
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 10:54:09 PM

Panic or not is another thing. After all it's not panic if you are the first one to leave. And that's what smart people did.
Sheeps on the other hand either hold their coins and prayed to god or sold at 700$ and 600$?.

$600 is where I bought back in.

ETA:  $610 actually.
PenAndPaper

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 01:14:21 AM

Let me guess. You sold at 1200 right?  Roll Eyes
darkmule
Legendary

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:05:30 PM

Let me guess. You sold at 1200 right?  Roll Eyes

I checked, was actually $1,150.  So sue me.
rikkejohn

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:23:30 PM

Sunday 14th December, 2 p.m. GMT

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
jones31

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 02:17:53 AM

With this , I assume we have no winner?
Either way , if bitcoin was going below 100 or worse , that would have been a worthless prize.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: