Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:49:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 1 BTC - Random Cut Gemstones [SOLD]  (Read 1817 times)
the joint (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 09:24:10 AM
Last edit: August 23, 2011, 12:18:45 AM by the joint

Hello.

I thought this might be a fun and interesting offer.  For 1 BTC, I will send you a random assortment of 3 cut gemstones in a plastic, padded gemstone container.  2 BTC gets you 8.  I do NOT know what many of the gemstones are.  But, I also have a few other gemstones the identify of which I DO know.  If I receive two or more offers, I can guarantee that I will include at least one of the following in someone's shipment - Chrome Diopside, Peridot, Ruby, and Emerald.  I am not a gemstone expert, so the others you receive may be valuable and I wouldn't even know it.

10 9 BTC gets you 50 including a guaranteed pink sapphire, a guaranteed beautiful forest green chrome diopside, and a pair of identical and exquisitely-cut peridot gems that would make fantastic earrings for a lady friend.

Who's interested?

Edit:  Here are some sample pictures.

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

You are WRONG!

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 09:26:45 AM

pics?
and what about shipping?

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 09:41:15 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2011, 08:08:02 PM by the joint

pics?
and what about shipping?

I will take pictures tomorrow if you are interested.  I do not own a digital camera and will need to borrow one from a relative.

Shipping to US only (preferably) and will be free for the 10 BTC offer.

Add .2 BTC for the 1 BTC offer.
Add .1 BTC for the 2 BTC offer.

So,

3 for 1.2 BTC shipping included.
8 for 2.1 BTC shipping included.
50 for 10 BTC with guaranteed inclusions, shipping included.

3 for 1 BTC  U.S. shipping included, 1.2 BTC International
8 for 2 BTC U.S. shipping included, 2.2 BTC International
50 for 9 BTC with guaranteed inclusions, shipping free everywhere.

Supplies limited  Grin

Edit:  If you are outside the U.S., let me know and I'll think more seriously about international shipping.
Edit 2:  Taking pictures "tomorrow" really means "today," but I haven't slept yet, so it seems like tomorrow to me  Cheesy
kokjo
Legendary

Activity: 1050

You are WRONG!

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 09:43:28 AM

pics?
and what about shipping?

I will take pictures tomorrow if you are interested.  I do not own a digital camera and will need to borrow one from a relative.

Shipping to US only (preferably) and will be free for the 10 BTC offer.

Add .2 BTC for the 1 BTC offer.
Add .1 BTC for the 2 BTC offer.

So,

3 for 1.2 BTC shipping included.
8 for 2.1 BTC shipping included.
50 for 10 BTC with guaranteed inclusions, shipping included.

Supplies limited  Grin

Edit:  If you are outside the U.S., let me know and I'll think more seriously about international shipping.
im outside Smiley denmark to be precise.

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves and wiser people so full of doubts." -Bertrand Russell
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 09:55:15 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2011, 08:05:49 PM by the joint

I'll say .5 .2 BTC flat rate international shipping for up to 3 2 BTC worth.  Any 4+ 3+ BTC orders will be free shipping.
kookiekrak

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 09:46:27 PM

photos? and sizes?

FREE 100 GME if you post your Cryptsy TradeKey on the official GameCoinTalk forums

http://www.gamecointalk.org/index.php?topic=7.msg9#new
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 10:09:04 PM

photos? and sizes?

Photos will be up tonight.  I'm heading fishing with a buddy shortly and I will grab the camera on the way home.  The sizes range from probably about .15 carats to up to several carats, but I would guess all are less than 5 carats.  Also, when I say you will receive a "random" selection, I am essentially referring to the fact that I have no idea what the hell I'm giving you (other than the ones I know for sure -- i.e. the pink sapphire, the chrome diopside, peridot, etc.).  But, when I piece these shipments together, I will try to hand-pick a variety to ensure that you do not get (for example) 3 of the same color, same cut, or same size.  Also, I will make sure that earlier offers receive the gemstones with the highest visible clarity and cleanest cut.  If you have a request for a specific color gem or type of cut, I will try to arrange that for you.  It really makes no difference to me.
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 06:37:04 AM

Pics added.  There are many more unique gemstones available than the ones shown. 

What will you find in your shipment?  Garnet?  Tanzanite?  Emerald?  Ruby?  Who knows, because I haven't a clue!
Anonymous

August 10, 2011, 05:49:45 PM

Did you buy these off ebay and have you had them tested by a gemologist?
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 06:10:17 PM

Did you buy these off ebay and have you had them tested by a gemologist?

No, I bought them at a gemstone convention in Tuscon, Arizona around 2005 when I was living in California.  I visited Tuscon with a buddy cause he had relatives out there.  Him and I have always been interested in looking for cool rocks and fossils out in nature, so I wanted to have some cut gemstones as novelty items.

The gems I purchased were selected from a random parcel assortment (so, what you're receiving is, in essence, a random assortment from a random assortment).  It was a very interesting deal to me because they stipulated that absolutely anything could be included in the random assortment, including white and colored diamonds, rare tanzanite, extremely rare alexandrite, etc.  There have been some that have found alexandrite in their parcels and I believe alexandrite can go for several thousand dollars per carat if the clarity and cut is nice enough.    Another friend recognized that I had at least received some pink sapphire in my parcel as well as ruby and emerald.  I also purchased several gems individually -- the chrome diopside and the pair of round-cut peridot.

I have not had them tested by a gemologist because I assumed it would cost a heck of a lot of money for them to individually identity the type, clarity, and weight of nearly 100 gemstones.  

I thought this would be an interesting and fun offer because there is a definite chance that you may receive something extremely valuable and I wouldn't have the slightest idea.  Additionally, I don't know of anywhere else that you can currently buy gemstones with Bitcoins.
Anonymous

August 10, 2011, 06:20:58 PM

Well, personally I am running BitGem which there's a thread about in the general discussion, but we seem to be doing very different things so I'm not going to try and get all take-over-y on you. Smiley

I had more to say but I think it's best reserved for a PM.
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 06:24:16 PM

Haha, I wasn't aware of BitGem, but I like the idea.  And thanks!  Haha I really just want to make a transaction or two on here so that I can build a reputation, and I thought it would be a fun offer since it aligns somewhat closely with the whole Bitcoin/precious metals relationship.  Nobody wanted my N64 games or my carburetor Sad
kookiekrak

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 07:45:37 PM

how much did you buy the random assortment for?

i get the feeling these are lab created gems due to the size and cheap price.

doesn't mean they're not still awesome though.

FREE 100 GME if you post your Cryptsy TradeKey on the official GameCoinTalk forums

Anonymous

August 10, 2011, 07:55:32 PM

I've looked at some other stones over PM and I can tell you that those and these are almost certainly not lab-made. For example, the blue heart is a blue topaz, and that isn't synthesized ever. There's also a ruby and a sapphire with visible inclusions, which aren't seen in synthetic stones. I'd venture a guess that there's a couple of stones in that pile that are synthetic, but that doesn't make them any less interesting.
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 08:25:50 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2011, 08:43:49 PM by the joint

how much did you buy the random assortment for?

i get the feeling these are lab created gems due to the size and cheap price.

doesn't mean they're not still awesome though.

If I remember correctly, I paid about $60 for the parcel and I bought the chrome diopside and pair-of-peridot individually for I think somewhere between $15 and $25 each.  I remember talking to the lady at the convention center and I asked her why the parcel seemed so cheap.  She said it was because the convention sellers typically make the most profit selling individually graded stones which typically have the greatest clarity and depth of color.  She also said that people get excited by the possibility of finding extremely rare gems in a random parcel, but of course, the key word here is 'rare' and so it is possible that while a person may end up with a diamond or something very rare, it is more likely they will end up with a handful of more common gemstones.  Plus, I guess it costs them a lot of money and time to have every single gem individually identified, graded, and weighed, so they can still profit by selling them in bulk even if they give away some rare ones for next to nothing.

Nonetheless, it's kind of exciting to know that my parcel at least contained things like rubies and emeralds even though they have inclusions.  There are also tons of gems (in fact, the vast majority) in my parcel that I have no idea what they are, and many of these gems truly appear to contain no inclusions or have very nice and precise cuts.  Again, with the 9 BTC for 50 offer, you also are guaranteed to get the chrome diopside and the pair-of-peridot which I purchased individually, and the sapphire.  
the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 01:23:13 AM

Any offers?  I'll give the first to order an extra deal.  This is because they will be helping me make my first transaction on here and I want to become known as someone who will appease his customers, especially as I may be interested in starting up Bitcoin-related businesses in the future.

First to order will receive 6 gems for 1 BTC and 15 gems for 2 BTC with free U.S. shipping (still must ask for .2BTC for international orders)

If the first person orders the 9 BTC deal, they will receive 60 gems (not 50) plus the chrome diopside, the dual-peridot, and the sapphire.
kookiekrak

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 02:18:17 AM

pm'd

the joint (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 03:56:32 AM

First order placed!
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882