Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 06:43:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [PRIZE] - Best Bitcoin Tool - 0.10btc for the winner  (Read 1644 times)
BitOrca (OP)

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

Buy and Sell Templates and Themes with Bitcoin.

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 12:48:17 AM
Last edit: December 15, 2013, 02:23:07 PM by BitOrca

Hope I am in the right place here!

We are hosting a competition ‘Best Bitcoin Tool’ offering a prize of 0.10btc for the winner.

We are looking for the most creative and innovative submission to our marketplace.  Your submission can be a Plugin, App or a Widget.  Some examples are donation widgets, price tickers or API integration from Bitcoin processors.  It must be related to Bitcoin and you are free to use your imagination when creating such a tool.

The rules are simple.  Simply register and submit your item,  we will review and add it to the marketplace.  The finalists will be put to a public vote and the winner will be announced on Sun 22nd December.

As prob you have never heard of us, we are a marketplace in which users can upload their code to sell.  The site works similar to Envato, except you earn Bitcoin on every sale  Smiley

Link to our site -> https://bitorca.com/

To upload your code simply navigate to 'upload' from the dropdown menu.

More info here

http://blog.bitorca.com/how-to-use-bitorca/

Admin @ BitOrca | Contact: admin@bitorca.com | Twitter |  Sell/Buy Bitcoin code! @ BitOrca | OrcaBlog | Best Bitcoin Tool Competiton!

"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zhinkk

Activity: 266
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:20:48 PM

Does it have to be a web-based program written in php or something? Or can it be a desktop application written in python and Qt?
BitOrca (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 06, 2013, 04:18:23 PM

Does it have to be a web-based program written in php or something? Or can it be a desktop application written in python and Qt?

Anything you like.

It doesn't have to be limited to the web.  Desktop apps are permitted as well.

Admin @ BitOrca | Contact: admin@bitorca.com | Twitter |  Sell/Buy Bitcoin code! @ BitOrca | OrcaBlog | Best Bitcoin Tool Competiton!

BitOrca (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 09:05:33 PM

1st entry submitted!  Being the only one so far is on track to win the 0.10btc prize  Cheesy

AltCoin price spreadsheet by advanced

https://bitorca.com/products/altcoin-price-spreadsheet/

jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:34:50 PM

Do we have to sell our code through your platform to compete?

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
BitOrca (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 11:12:00 PM

Do we have to sell our code through your platform to compete?

Yes, the idea behind the competition is to encourage more submissions to the marketplace.

We figure by having more items will attract more users, and by more users..well you get the idea!  The item doesn't have to a paid one, you can submit as a free file, if that's your thing.  But the terms for the competition is submitting the item via our platform.  Smiley

BitOrca (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 02:19:31 PM

2nd entry submitted!  Although available in the wordpress repo [author verified], we will let this slide. 

Bitcoin order form for Maps Marker Pro by robertharm

https://bitorca.com/products/maps-marker-pro-bitcoin/

There are only 7 days left, and 2 entries!  Chance are high to win the .10btc.

We may extend it slightly and bump up the prize to compensate if there are <5 submissions.

http://blog.bitorca.com/competitions/best-bitcoin-tool-competition/

artw1982

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 05:27:22 PM

I'll be submitting soon. A Windows application.
BitOrca (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 05:37:24 PM

I'll be submitting soon. A Windows application.

Intriguing!  looking forward to seeing this  Smiley

takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 06:04:31 PM

Seem's like a way to get a bunch of app's on you site and only pay out 85$?
BitOrca (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 07:31:45 PM

Seem's like a way to get a bunch of app's on you site and only pay out 85$?

Hi takagari, I understand this may look like this, but please let me explain...

This isn't like a logo/website competition where the losers will get nothing.  Each app a user uploads, they earn Bitcoin on EVERY sale thereafter.   If its good enough, someone will buy it.

The great thing about crypto-currency is that we can give the author a fair price.   We believe in giving a fair price back to the creators for their hard work.  80% of the sale is given back to author, something other websites cannot offer.   20% is left to the website to cover server costs and to help the business grow. Infact, 5% of the sites profits is added to a bounty fund to encourage authors to submit items and fuel the marketplace.

Now lets look at some other marketplaces...

Envato - They pay out anywhere between 33%-70%  and to hit 70% you need to have a total of $75,000+ in sales.
WPBootstrap - They range between 35%-75%, with 35% if you sell it anywhere else.

We pay people in Bitcoin and provide a service.  Our members this week alone has gone from 50 to 98.  We are growing but need good content, hence this competition.  I do not have unlimited funds to throw away, so I am offering what I can.  We do not own the item the user uploads, we sell it on our platform and give them Bitcoin for it.  

BitOrca (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 20, 2013, 04:11:56 PM

Last few days to enter!  Shocked

There are only 2 entries so far to compete with for 0.10btc.  Odds are looking great for authors  Grin

Entries will close Sun 22nd Dec, Midnight E.S.T.  We won't be prolonging the competition and we will stick by our original closing date.  I would just like to reiterate the item you submit is 100% yours to sell.  We only provide the platform to sell your item.

Bitorca

gogodr

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 20, 2013, 10:03:38 PM

I just submitted this web application.
http://btca.frikicorp.com/
I just finished it a couple of minutes ago specially for this contest Cheesy
BitOrca (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 03:22:25 PM

I just submitted this web application.
http://btca.frikicorp.com/
I just finished it a couple of minutes ago specially for this contest Cheesy

Thankyou and submitted!

That is 3 apps so far.  The odds are looking good Smiley

gogodr

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 04:02:28 PM

Can I update the source file?, I need to update my tool since it uses a third party service and suddenly it stopped working today.
BitOrca (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 04:29:33 PM

Can I update the source file?, I need to update my tool since it uses a third party service and suddenly it stopped working today.

Sure no worries.  Just send the zip via email and we will update it.  We have put it on hold temporarily just in-case somebody tries to purchase it.

gogodr

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 06:47:10 PM

Just sent the mail with the update and updated the wesite so it is back up working.
BitOrca (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 21, 2013, 07:59:19 PM

Just sent the mail with the update and updated the wesite so it is back up working.

Thank-you, the item is now live again  Smiley

gogodr

View Profile
December 21, 2013, 08:33:54 PM

I'm sure you know about the bug on the live preview system.
The problem is that you are calling HTTP websites from and HTTPS which is not permitted by the HTTPS security system.
If you are using apache just make a new virtual host listening on the 80 and serve the live previews from HTTP instead of HTTPS.
artw1982

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 22, 2013, 08:54:44 PM

Due to work I wasn't able to finish my submission in time for this. I will be listing it on the site though. Guess someone just made out some quick BTC with this. :-)
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: