Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:17:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Transfer Ownership Of Thread  (Read 391 times)
ohnicto (OP)

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:41:51 PM

Our ANN is currently owned by someone no longer a part of the project. If they were to post something saying this is ok, could an admin please transfer ownership of the thread to a new account?

It seems as if you can do so by following these instructions: https://www.inmotionhosting.com/support/edu/smf/forum-maintenance/reattribute-posts
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 3071

https://bit.ly/387FXHi lightning theory

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:47:53 PM

Can you not lock your old thread and make a new one?

I'm not sure an admin will have enough time to fiddle with changing the ownership of a thread when you chould just lock the old one and make a new one.
mdayonliner
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 420

We are Bitcoin!

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:36:09 PM

Our ANN is currently owned by someone no longer a part of the project.
Contact with that person and advice him to lock the topic or to copy the whole content and to give it to you. You can also give him/her the new topic link so that the other guy can replace the old content with the new link on that topic.

Hope it make sense.

I'm not sure an admin will have enough time to fiddle with changing the ownership of a thread when you chould just lock the old one and make a new one.
I also think the same. So better use the above idea.

Be happy be at peace. Looking forward to BTC at $1M
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:40:47 PM

Our ANN is currently owned by someone no longer a part of the project.
Contact with that person and advice him to lock the topic or to copy the whole content and to give it to you. You can also give him/her the new topic link so that the other guy can replace the old content with the new link on that topic.

Hope it make sense.

Why wouldn't you just post the old OP again by clicking the  [ quote ] button and copying the data. (OP if you tell me thread it is, I'll get that code for you).
Thirdspace

Activity: 1232
Merit: 738

Mixing reinvented for your privacy | chipmixer.com

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:57:01 PM

Our ANN is currently owned by someone no longer a part of the project. If they were to post something saying this is ok, could an admin please transfer ownership of the thread to a new account?

what mdayonliner said is correct, that's an easy way to replicate the essence what you want to do
without the hassle contacting admin and to avoid unnecessary complications in the future
- ask the current ANN's OP to post that intention on the first and last post in that thread with link to new ANN thread
- he can also put a disclaimer on the old ANN by signed message of both of you
- and of course lock the old thread to avoid spam
this will basically fulfill your needs unless you have hidden agenda behind the take over

SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 3010
Merit: 3441

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 12:24:07 AM

The above users, already gave you the alternative ways but to answer your question, "YES".

Step 1: Original OP, makes the request (to one of the admins [either by PM or by using this thread])
Step 2: You (new OP) agree to take over the thread
Step 3: Wait for the admin to do it.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
ohniceo
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

CEO Of The Crypto Uniting Cryptos, Ohni

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 08:31:45 PM

This is my new account by the way.

There are reasons we can not just lock the old thread, I can not really say them.

I PMed two admins 10 days ago, no response. Wondering if I should PM a specific admin or another way to go about this.

We need it done ASAP.

Get your free Ohni at ohni.us/bounty!
Ohni is the cryptocurrency uniting cryptocurrencies
Ohni.us | Ohni.us/Twitter | Ohni.us/Discord | T.me/OhniGroup
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 08:35:32 PM

This is my new account by the way.

There are reasons we can not just lock the old thread, I can not really say them.

I PMed two admins 10 days ago, no response. Wondering if I should PM a specific admin or another way to go about this.

We need it done ASAP.
You may not be able to write an admin as a newbie. You need to have attained a higher rank before they can get your message and replied also. Except you uses another account higher than this.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
LoyceMobile

Activity: 1656
Merit: 687

LoyceV on the road. Or couch.

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 08:39:05 PM

Now I'm curious. Do tell!

I PMed two admins 10 days ago, no response.
If admin ignored you, you should take the hint.

LoyceV on the road Advertise here for LN Don't deal with this account (exception)
Advertise here for LN Tip my kids Exchange LN (20 coins). 1% fee. No KYC <€50/month
My useful topics: Meritt & Trust & Moreee Art Advertise here for LN Foru[url=https://bitcointalk.org/m
pugman
Legendary

Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551

dogs are cute.

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 08:57:14 PM

Ask the mods to lock the old thread, you have to prove to them why. And create a new topic. Voila.

ohniceo
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2018, 09:28:47 PM

There are reasons we need the current thread. I would be willing to explain over PM. The old owner is willing to give permission on this. How can I get in touch with admins?

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 09:42:40 PM

Now I'm curious. Do tell!

I PMed two admins 10 days ago, no response.
If admin ignored you, you should take the hint.

1. Op, you'll have to find another way to get round this.
2. The admins are usually pretty quick at replying, if you dont get a response, chances are that you're not going to get them to change the ownership now.
Qartersa

Activity: 868
Merit: 535

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 10:51:53 PM

I can't see the point why you want this done. Just create a new thread, the admins are busy enough doing admin and moderation work to be bothered by something as trivial as this. Just,

1. Make a new ANN thread
2. Post on the old one that there is a new thread (every time someone replies to it)
ohniceo
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2018, 12:29:44 AM

In short, the old OP doesn't want to be associated with our leadership change and be on one side or another. He said if we can swap owners, that is fine, otherwise he wants to keep it as is.

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 11:27:41 AM

In short, the old OP doesn't want to be associated with our leadership change and be on one side or another. He said if we can swap owners, that is fine, otherwise he wants to keep it as is.

Keep it "as is" then. He will probably block you transferring the thread anyway at this point since what he said.
tedes

Activity: 160
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:12:34 PM

I think you may not be able to write admin as a beginner. You must achieve a higher ranking before they can get your message and reply as well. Unless you are using another account higher than this.
jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 04:16:21 PM

I think you may not be able to write admin as a beginner. You must achieve a higher ranking before they can get your message and reply as well. Unless you are using another account higher than this.

I didn't think there was such limit?
There might be a ranking system so higher members get seen first, however, they probably look at PMs from everyone.
ohniceo
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2018, 11:39:15 PM

Could there really be such a limit? That would make no sense to me. Maybe they just do not read from Newbies, but I do not know. Can an admin please come and clear this up regarding the messaging limit and transferring the thread? The OP of the thread has agreed, so no issue there. He will not agree to locking it but only if it is transferred and I lock it. I do not know what else I could do. This is very important as this is my cryptocurrency, not his. Thanks for your help. I did see an old Meta thread that Theymos said he would transfer and that worked out.

jackg
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 08:19:42 PM

Could there really be such a limit? That would make no sense to me. Maybe they just do not read from Newbies, but I do not know. Can an admin please come and clear this up regarding the messaging limit and transferring the thread? The OP of the thread has agreed, so no issue there. He will not agree to locking it but only if it is transferred and I lock it. I do not know what else I could do. This is very important as this is my cryptocurrency, not his. Thanks for your help. I did see an old Meta thread that Theymos said he would transfer and that worked out.

1. Did you get a signed message from a staked address on his account if that is the case and he wan'ts to prove that he wants to transfer thread ownership to you (ensure you use the topic number and date in the signature).
2. If this is your currency, why did he make the thread?
3. There is no such limit of theymos ignoring newbies. There is such a limit that if theymos ignores you, what you want is probably never going to happen.
4. Why do you have another alt, what is the purpose of this account?
ohniceo
Copper Member

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2018, 02:40:17 AM

1. No, you mean like his Ethereum address?
2. He made it because he was part of the team at that point.
3. k
4. This is my main account that I will always use from now on. Being I am the CEO now and not the CTO, I wanted my username to reflect that. I have built up this account with lots of activity. Now comes the merit.

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: