Bitcoin Forum
July 08, 2024, 07:22:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New User with Cryptsy issues.  (Read 919 times)
JuniorDavis (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 02:18:23 PM

First just want to say hello! I am new to mining. It took me awhile to get everything setup. I'm running 3 MSI R9 280x's. Decent cards I get 700kh/s a piece and they run cool for me.

I like the Cryptsy website, I think it's a really great site. The ability to trade many different alt coins and the CPs look pretty cool.

Unfortunately I'm not quite sure what's going on with Cryptsy and why I initiated transfers 2-3 days ago and never received a confirmation email.

I can't cancel the transfers, and the coins are sitting in limbo (How? Where?).

I noticed a lot of people on their forum are having the same issue.

The kicker for me is I transferred them within Cryptsy, Although I will need to be able to transfer BTC out of cryptsy at some point in time since USD isn't available yet.

I was wondering if anyone else had this issue at this point in time.

I have opened numerous tickets, I had another ticket for not being able to generated a key for hobonickels deposits. However, they fixed that.

Nothing is being answer, No one is supporting any of my tickets. If I send to support@Cryptsy.com I get the ticket sent to the help center.

It's rather frustrating and I think if it's not going to work you need to transfer the funds back (I don't even know if this is possible, since once you transfer it's final) and turn that feature off explaining to people that transfers are not available at this moment.

There is no support and the community is going to get extremely upset when they try to transfer their BTC out of Cryptsy.

Although my amount is only around 20-40 dollars worth of BTC; It is not the amount that matters.

It's the moral of it.

Turn the feature off and respond to tickets. If it's an issue with the server, At least let people know their coins are not lost and you're working on it.

I'd still like to know why I never received confirmation.

alex_123_fra

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 03:05:40 PM

I'd be interested in this too.  We have already heard how BTC-e was dodgy.  I am not sure what reliable place there is to transfer your coins from your wallet to exchange or withdraw?
JuniorDavis (OP)

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 06, 2013, 08:35:26 PM

Still nothing. 3 days the coins have been sitting due to no confirmation email to allow them to be sent.

Can't cancel them or anything. I've tweeted Vern a couple times now.

Hopefully they do something about it.

Is anyone else having an issue where you can't get confirmations to allow the sends?

I noticed if It try to send to the account that is trying to send (My main user to the one waiting for confirmation) that it says the the key is invalid.

So Idk what's going on.
Sunnie

Activity: 8

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 08:45:09 AM

I signed up with them yesterday.  I tried a small test deposit.  Something is seriously wrong with their website because it took 4 hour for the transaction to show up.  I also hear that many people are having similar problems like yours.  They probably have so much new business and they website can't handle it.
They need to get their act together and hire some customer service or they will start losing business.
AceWallen

Activity: 479
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 08:47:01 AM

they are having serious issues with deposits. the site is super buggy. supposedly because there are so many new users recently. they usually sort things out eventually, but keep careful track of your transactions so you don't forget to get something credited if it does not show up right hte first time.
Marbit

Activity: 686

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 09:20:17 AM

cryptsy is pretty much unusable for me. i hope they get it together at some point, but i refuse to use it while service is so bad.
BitcoinDenvini

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 11:59:09 AM

I have no issue with cryptsy. They are slow, but always working.
5craziest

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:04:00 PM

i really liked the Cryptsy site, but switched to Vircurex.  Cryptsy would take half a day to process anything
raspcoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:48:29 AM

I also had some issues today. I made several very minor trades. They registered and all, but I never received anything back. The amount lost was really negligible, so I will not try to get it back, but now I am afraid to make larger transactions. I think I will wait a week or so for a fix to come.

torrentheaven

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:00:25 AM

Cryptsy is really buggy, I have some coins lost after trade . I really have to check manually if all adds up, and the support is slow
raspcoin

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:03:44 AM

Cryptsy is really buggy, I have some coins lost after trade . I really have to check manually if all adds up, and the support is slow

If you have encountered the same bug as me, it will not add up. I hope you did not lose too much. Always do a smaller trade first to see if the site works before making a larger commitment. Cryptsy worked well some days ago, and will probably be fine next week.

torrentheaven

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:10:39 AM

If you have encountered the same bug as me, it will not add up. I hope you did not lose too much. Always do a smaller trade first to see if the site works before making a larger commitment. Cryptsy worked well some days ago, and will probably be fine next week.

Thank you for the tip with small trade. I waiting Cryptsy support reply, hopefully they have all trades data in database
mybogusname

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:13:36 AM

I had the same problem, then someone posted how to get your coins back. Basically, trade the same exact transaction that you lost the coin, but here is the catch, change the amount.

For example, if you are buying FST with BTC, then offer to buy FST for less money (in the "Price per FST"). So if the current trade value to BUY is 1 FST for 0.00003102 BTC, then change it to say 1 FST for 0.00002102 BTC (you will notice I changed the 3 to a 2). This will put the transaction right below in the "open" section. Then IMMEDIATELY "X" it out to cancel the transaction once its there (which should be immediately after you confirm).

Once you do that, it should return that BTC back to you PLUS the original amount you lost (at least it did for me and a couple of others so far).

Of course, if you have a different trade, just do the same thing. HOWEVER, if you are SELLING, then you will want to RAISE that limit, NOT lower it.

Once that works for you, feel free to give thanks in the form of FST. Smiley

fs5GNXko2Jm79B3jPo9xVHxTr82ZRQgvfi

(if its not OK to post that here, I apologize as I didnt see anywhere that stated that.)
xocel

Activity: 121

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:38:10 AM

I moved all the coins i had in cryptsy elsewhere. They really dont have the infrastructure in place to handle traffic etc. Deposits get delayed on their end, not showing up for 3-4hours, after about 40confirmations+, once your coins do arrive its laggy as hell. Yesterday a friend canceled a order, the coins tied up in the order have still yet to be returned.

It's not all bad though, they do have a decent interface and their coin support is great. If they sort out the current issues cryptsy could be a great place to trade.

For now though I'm Just planning to hold my alts until btc-e picks them up.

Sharky444

Activity: 724

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:58:33 AM

I've just waited 26 hours for a deposit to appears. It was pending, then disappeared. I wrote a ticked and got it back several hours later.

Radix - just imagine
raspcoin

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 05:49:34 PM

The trading problem seems to be gone now, and I actually received what I lost earlier.

ManicMeddler

Activity: 205

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 09:30:55 AM

they solved my problem try the support irc channel, #cryptsy_support

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: