Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 07:40:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will the bitcoin reach $10000 one day?
I don't think so
yes, in 2013
yes, in 2014
yes, in 2015
yes, in 2016
yes, between 2017 and 2020
yes, between 2021 and 2025
yes, later

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Will the bitcoin reach $10000 one day?  (Read 2560 times)
ilou

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 06:55:18 PM

Depends if it becomes 'the way to pay'. If it has so much advantages to use it over other currencies, everybody would want to use it.
Then I would say yes.

Technically yes, this is such an ingenious system.
But the drawback of its distributed unregulated nature is that you hardly can fix prices on goods with it since the value of the goods may be doubled or halved in a matter of days which seems to me as highly impractical for shopping (appart from some "geek" stores and  underground economy).
So to be the "way to pay" it has first to have a value that is somewhat connected to the real lworld IMO.
I am pretty sure something will come out from the cryptocurrency world that will be mainstream and usable as the way to pay, but again, as is, this is to me too much on the speculating side.
Sergios

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:03:06 PM

I think eventually Bitcoin will reach the 5k mark but it is not now. Even in 2014 I think it will not happen.  I think some countries, due to the lobbying of banks since the banks can't skim something off every transaction, will restrict the usage of bitcoin and other crypto currencies for whatever made up reason.. i'm sure some idiot will think of some ridiculous reason to do so.
Either way Bitcoin can also back to 100 dollars or less. Everything is possible. I've read an article that stated that the majority of Bitcoins are in the portfolios of a  1000 people or so. For the sake of argument let's say its true for a moment. When one of these guys or girls decides to sell every last Bitcoin in his or her portfolio the price will drop dramatically. Most people if they see a drop of 5% begin to panic and sell their bitcoins and so on and so on. Then bitcoin will be in a free fall. So people bear in mind that, though bitcoin is very popular it can go in a free fall if enough bitcoins are sold in 1 go. I've seen it happen with stocks often enough.
From experience I know that looking too far ahead and occupying yourself with the " what if's" or the " what will be according to...."  can and will distract you just enough to miss certain key signs.
Read the signs carefully and make up your own mind. That's my advice Smiley
adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:24:07 PM

no i don't think so

bitcoin is a pretty bad currency and when the transaction fees has increased to 10BTC per transaction i doupt it will be able to hold much value. the bitcoin network will funktion well until the next reward halvning when the transaction fees will have to be a lot larger to keep the network safe.

Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:26:48 PM

when are you guys going to realize that bitcoin is going to the moon and beyond in our lifetime?

I think mid 50K by this time next year.
iso3789

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:32:38 PM

Sure,

thats a natural growth like Google, Facebook, and Twitter had...
i think that we are now in the developmentphase and launchphase,
next year we will step into the real big growphase and we will hit the 10k very soon
 i think that the price will stabelize maybe at 100k or more.

Who knows??
adolf512

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:37:29 PM

when are you guys going to realize that bitcoin is going to the moon and beyond in our lifetime?

this reminds me of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

TylerRalston

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:41:18 PM

i´m pretty sure that BTC will continue rising in long turn.
still everybody who is hoping that BTC will be 10k$ in next year is to optimistic. we are now in price level where 1000% per year would make whole BTC-community to "closed elite community" and result would be (if amount of user does not grow), that BTC has very limited fiat-background.
so here my opinion:
5500$ end of ´14
8500$ - 10000$ end of ´15
15k$ end of ´16

to speculate what happens after ´16 doesn´t have now any sense.

I totally agree im still very new to btc and even i think that a jump that large in one year is
Not plausable but i do supposed anything can happen.
Jedi_Mike

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:41:58 PM

It will eventually, be patient..
buckrogers
Legendary

Activity: 2733
Merit: 1181

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:44:15 PM

That would be nice, but it looks from the past week to be pretty stable in the $880- $900 range.

I don't know if it will ever go that high., but we can all hope, assuming we have a coin or 2.

Well I'm dr. spock I'm here to rock y'all
Spencer

Activity: 35

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:44:30 PM

I personally think it has a decent shot.  The way that things have been going lately, anything's possible, for good or bad, I think.  I'm optimistic though since I need prices to not crash because I'm altcoin mining to partially fund my school band trip.  Grin I figure I can actually make $5-6 a day currently with my 7870, a 6770 that's in the mail ($30 card + free power = win?), and a 6750, so what the heck right? Who knows how long that'll last though.

On topic, I'd say that it could happen around early/mid 2015, but you never know!  I'm not liking the recent very slow price drop, but I guess the relative stability is something Bitcoin needs.
BlockChainLottery

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

AwesomeDice.net

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 08:52:19 PM

Doesn't have to be. If a lot of people want to pay in Bitcoin, they pushing the price up.
That's just free market. Only reason why it is this high, is because a lot of Bitcoins are not in circulation right now. Maybe as high as 80%.

Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:54:42 PM

this reminds me of https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

That's your opinion, which seems to be an in the box opinion. I like to think out of the box.
zagerfish

Activity: 37

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:55:17 PM

This is a like a gold rush. Everyone has dollar signs reflecting in their eyes.

I just hope it ends well.

Activity: 7

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 08:56:40 PM

Do you guys think that somehow more bitcoins will eventually be released?
BlockChainLottery

AwesomeDice.net

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 08:58:52 PM

No, that would be very very hard.
Only if it is changed in the protocol and the majority of the miners agree with it.

adolf512

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:02:04 PM

Doesn't have to be. If a lot of people want to pay in Bitcoin, they pushing the price up.
That's just free market. Only reason why it is this high, is because a lot of Bitcoins are not in circulation right now. Maybe as high as 80%.
yes ofcourse anyone is free to pay whatever he want's, bitcoin price is similar to the value of art, very low intrinsic value and mostly speculation. Currently bitcoin isn't used to much and transaction fees is getting larger and larger.

Tegija

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Just Fun!

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:05:22 PM

no. for sure no new release.

that would change the "built in deflation" to absolute inflation.

Enjoy your life!
BlockChainLottery

AwesomeDice.net

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2013, 09:06:15 PM

yes ofcourse anyone is free to pay whatever he want's, bitcoin price is similar to the value of art, very low intrinsic value and mostly speculation. Currently bitcoin isn't used to much and transaction fees is getting larger and larger.
Agreed, I hope though that the intrinsic value goes up fast if it's used more as a payment system.
The transaction fee is taken care off in the next release 0.90. Hope they finish it soon.

miners78

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:43:08 PM

Personally I'm almost certain that it will reach it in the next 2 years. If not then It has to eventually. The amount of hype it has now will see to that.
majorX

Activity: 267

View Profile
December 15, 2013, 09:52:05 PM

No. There are enought bitcoins available to mine, almost 9 millions

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: