Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:45:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoins to crash??  (Read 6198 times)
Cluster2k
Legendary

Activity: 1692
Merit: 1018

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 02:07:47 AM

Maybe bitcoins will finally return to the value of their actual utility instead of speculative betting on possible future uses.  Did people expect bitcoin to continue doubling in price every week?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SuperHakka

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 02:08:56 AM

now all you bulls who just panicked selled in the last hour, you got a much bigger problem, just how the fudge do you all get the cash out of Mt Gox's bank account together? answers on postcards.

'First they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they attack you. Then you win.' - Mohandas Gandhi
"Whenever I'm about to do something, I think, 'Would an idiot do this?' and if he would, I do not do that thing." - Dwight Schrute
lophie

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001

Unlimited Free Crypto

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 02:18:52 AM

We really saw this millions of times, now it will be down all weekend then there will be a surge upward on monday, at its peak it will fall here and there and...... NEVER SETTLES....

If we hit a massive correction it wont settle 500+, All above that is just weekly panick and a chance to make serious moneeeeee

Will take me a while to climb up again, But where is a will, there is a way...
Kenshin

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 02:24:01 AM

For Fuck sake it went to $650 early. It is dropping like no tomorrow. I think China is selling their bitcoins since they can't use them.
navidos

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

Life Goes On !

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 02:25:53 AM

For Fuck sake it went to $650 early. It is dropping like no tomorrow. I think China is selling their bitcoins since they can't use them.

What do you mean they can't use them Smiley)

It's not fiat
axxo

Activity: 916
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 02:33:33 AM

Such a big loss for those who bought it at price $1000+ if the current trend continues...

▄░░▄█▄░░▄
▄▄█░░▄█▀█▄░░█▄▄
▄▄▄█▀▀░░░█▀░░░▀█░░░▀▀█▄▄▄
██▀░░░░░▄█▀░░░░▀█▄░░░░░▀██
██░░░░░▄█░░▄███▄░░█▄░░░░░██
██░░░░██░░▄█▀░▀█▄░░██░░░░██
██░░▄█▀░▄█▀░▄█▄░▀█▄░▀█▄░░██
██░██░░▄█▀░▄███▄░▀█▄░░██░██
███▀░░▄█░░▄█████▄░░█▄░░▀███
██▀░▄█▀░░▄███████▄░░▀█▄░▀██
▀█▀░░▄█████████▄░░▀█▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
▀▀█▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▀██
██▌░██
▐██░░██
██▌░░██
███████
▀▀░░░▀▀

░▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██░░░▀▀
████
██
██
▀▀

░▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██░░░▀▀
████
██
██
▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀██▀▀
██
██
██
▄▄██▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██
██
██
██
▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄
██▀▀▀██
██░░░██
▀██████
██▀██
██▀░██
▀▀▀░░▀▀

▄▄░░░▄▄
██░░░██
██░░░██
██░░░██
██░░░██
██▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄░░░▄▄
███░███
███████
██▀█▀██
██░░░██
██░░░██
▀▀░░░▀▀

▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄███████████████████████████▄
██████▀█████████▀▀▀▀█▀███████
██████▌░▀▀████▀░░░░░░░▄██████
██████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐███████
███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
███████▄░░░░░░░░░░░▄█████████
██████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▄▄███████████

████████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████

▀███████████████████████████▀
▄███████████████████████████▄
███████████████████▀▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀░░▄░░▐███████
███████▀▀▀░░░░▄▄▀▀░░░████████
█████▄▄▄░░▄▄█▀▀░░░░░▐████████
█████████▌▐▀░░░░░░░░█████████
██████████▄░▄█▄▄░░░▐█████████

██████████████████▄██████████

▀███████████████████████████▀
beaconpcguru

Activity: 189

Hello

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 02:34:36 AM

Patience and holding rewards..
Paya

Activity: 334

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 02:39:48 AM

Unfortunately for all this time btc hasn't really become much more usefull for common folk and in everyday life than it used to be, say, two years ago, It's still just speculators game with almost nothing to give it a solid, strong back. That 1000+ price was just ridiculous. But as btc markets are driven primarily by wishes, hopes and a bit of delusion, it may bounce back to 4-digit numbers in near future... bagain to same unsustainable, unhealthy and highly volatile spot vulnerable to wild market manipulations which are constantly driving away any serious business as well as "normal" people. Freak show still goes strong.
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 02:56:34 AM

Maybe bitcoins will finally return to the value of their actual utility instead of speculative betting on possible future uses.  Did people expect bitcoin to continue doubling in price every week?

Care to name that actual utility price? I don't think that using bitcoin as a currency is something outside bitcoins utility. It's just that china ruined it.
merv77

Activity: 574

1.21 GIGA WATTS

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:38:34 AM

Care to name that actual utility price? I don't think that using bitcoin as a currency is something outside bitcoins utility. It's just that china ruined it.

I think the Chinese shouldn't panic, they are savers and in the long term things will change.

The German government has accepted bitcoin as legal currency recently. http://youtu.be/okNhH7EoV6I other countries will follow. 

it's probably a good time to start buying, otherwise will be kick ourselves when it goes up and over $1000 next year.
PenAndPaper

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:44:46 AM

I think the Chinese shouldn't panic, they are savers and in the long term things will change.

The German government has accepted bitcoin as legal currency recently. http://youtu.be/okNhH7EoV6I other countries will follow. 

it's probably a good time to start buying, otherwise will be kick ourselves when it goes up and over $1000 next year.

Afaict the chinese are panicking because everyone else is panicking.
Also if you are referring to the german news from some months ago then no they haven't accepted bitcoins as a legal currency. It's a little more complicated than that.
RoadTrain
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:48:13 AM

Unfortunately for all this time btc hasn't really become much more usefull for common folk and in everyday life than it used to be, say, two years ago, It's still just speculators game with almost nothing to give it a solid, strong back. That 1000+ price was just ridiculous. But as btc markets are driven primarily by wishes, hopes and a bit of delusion, it may bounce back to 4-digit numbers in near future... bagain to same unsustainable, unhealthy and highly volatile spot vulnerable to wild market manipulations which are constantly driving away any serious business as well as "normal" people. Freak show still goes strong.
You miss the point.
Bitcoin can't be stable unless it has a massive market cap. That means it HAS to be expensive.
Otherwise hot money will come in and out everytime causing volatility.
cowandtea

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:52:21 AM

I say its just a temporary crash due to china ban bitcoin for transaction... its about to go up again....

testerx

Activity: 608

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 03:55:27 AM

What do you mean they can't use them Smiley)

It's not fiat
Companies in China were also banned from pricing things in BTC, i.e. you can't treat it as a real currency in China.  That's why Baidu had to pull Bitcoin acceptance.

Unfortunately while you can still speculate in China it's not going to be able to take off as a viable currency in China because of this stupid ass ruling so until they change their mind it's pretty much prevented what was a very, very, promising start in China.  What we need are Chinese folks who will do what the Bitcoiners here did before congress-lobby the hell out of their politicians to make Bitcoin work. 
GriTBitS

Activity: 448

“A decentralized registry for unique assets”

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:00:13 AM

i just put my order in for 10000 at a $1 each  i wanna be in the valdamer club too!!!!

▄▄█████████                                                                                   
 ██▀       ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██                                                                                   
██         ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
██         ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
██         ██                                                                                ▀█▄
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██                                                                                 ██
██         ██         ▄██████▄    ▄██████▄     ████████▄     █████████   ▀██▄  ▄██▀           ██
██         ██       ▄██▀    ▀▀   ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ██     ▀██▄   ██            ██████             ██
██         ██       ██▀          ██      ██    ██      ▀██   ██▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀██▀              ██
██         ██       ███          ██▄    ▄██    ██      ▄██   ██            ▄████▄             ██
██         ██        ▀██▄▄▄▄██    ▀██▄▄██▀     ██▄▄▄▄▄██▀    ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ██▀  ▀██            ██
██▄██████████          ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀           ██
███▀                                                                                          ██
██                                                                                            ██
▀█▄                                                                                           ██
 ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀▀▀▀▀████
                                                                                    ██       ▀██
                                                                                    ██       ▄██
                                                                                    ██      ▄██
                                                                                    ███████▀▀   
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █
█ █

*   Collect with Trust   *
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
 █ █
 █ █

t1000

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:02:24 AM

i just put my order in for 10000 at a $1 each  i wanna be in the valdamer club too!!!!
I assume that many are doing the same at $2, $5 and $10.

Did you find my posts helpful? Did I say say something nice? Your generosity is much appreciate.
BTC: 1G7chBLoYqGfdyfkrox53yDn6sS65PgFYk
LTC: LiYeFdbv5oxin9S3Wmn4v84LuGZ9nsE4XZ
PenAndPaper

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:18:39 AM

i just put my order in for 10000 at a $1 each  i wanna be in the valdamer club too!!!!
I assume that many are doing the same at $2, $5 and $10.

If bitcoin goes back to $1 then it will take some clicks in a faucet to get one. Not going to happen obviously.
EETanner

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:30:59 AM

I don't post very much.  However, I wanted to point out the current graphical trading patterns on fiatleak.com.  Not that it can't change, but I think it means something that trading is still heavy in comparison to all other countries -- even after this announcement.  Just for consideration.

Edit: bad comma.
PenAndPaper

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 04:43:58 AM

I don't post very much.  However, I wanted to point out the current graphical trading patterns on fiatleak.com.  Not that it can't change, but I think it means something that trading is still heavy in comparison to all other countries -- even after this announcement.  Just for consideration.

Edit: bad comma.

I think what we see here is everyone else panicking except the chinese. Actually they panic also but because of everyone else.  Roll Eyes
niothor

Activity: 826
Merit: 501

in defi we trust

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 09:57:26 PM

now all you bulls who just panicked selled in the last hour, you got a much bigger problem, just how the fudge do you all get the cash out of Mt Gox's bank account together? answers on postcards.

Do you honestly believe nobody can get cash out of Mtgox?

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄