Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:18:52 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin is NOT WHAT YOU THINK!  (Read 4706 times)
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2011, 07:04:02 PM

It will NEVER replace the dollar or some national currency. Banks will never work with it, and paypal will never be accommodating to it.

Why would we want a nation to back Bitcoin? Or to give greedy banking establishments a handle on it?

WHY?

Something tells me that's not a rhetorical question you're asking.

It's IMPOSSIBLE!  It's Impossible for a predator to get along with a victim waiting to be exploited.

So basically you agree that Bitcoin will survive by destroying the banks? What was the point of your post again?

Whoever or whatever intelligence created bitcoins realized a shitload of things ahead of time, and ahead of us all.

Why haven't you acknowledged the possibility that Bitcoin itself was created by The Knights Templars as an escape from failed fiat plans and is now attempting to gain the trust of the world in a now increasingly skeptical and irate information age?

The world is set up around the International Banking System through the IMF and World Bank, but ultimately through the Bank of England.
The world is set up around people, people who are obviously ignorant enough to ALLOW banks and governments to push them around.

If you think for one second, that Bitcoin will be easy to get off the ground or that it will be accepted by most people,
It only takes 10% of the population to agree before the idea spreads throughout.

or that it will be something that we can work with banks on,
To set the record straight, banks are not a requirement for Bitcoin to succeed. Pick your battles and keep your points concise, would you?

or it will be something major supermarkets or stores or organizations will accept
So then you think that out of the hundreds of thousands of stores that the BAoK will be visiting to convince to accept Bitcoin in South Korea this year, none of them will accept it? You're already 100% wrong!

They are all owned and controlled by the same central banking organizations today.
Indirectly, they are influenced by the government, yes, who can use this influence to pressure them into doing things that benefit the government through their relationships with banks, yes. But if you'd like to claim that a business is not owned by the owner and that they are just 'puppets' to the establishment, I have a few tattoo parlors with large burly dudes who would love to hear that.

Bitcoins will always have to be converted back and forth

Only as long as there are greedy, uneducated, unimaginative meatbags like yourself walking the face of the earth.

and people who do this will always have risk involved unless they accept cash only.

Which is also a risk that could be avoided by accepting gold only...which is also a risk that could be avoided by accepting real world goods and services only...Hey, I know! Let's just rollback to the first century! Yay! Problem solved!

People who work through banks and do their bitcoin businesses are sitting on the fence. One foot on each side.

I think they call this 'maximizing investment potential' or something. Go read a book, would you?

People who have their business registered with the government will always be "spies" for the enemy banker elites, one way or the other. They are by nature, informants, through the very workings of the system.

True! Let's kill them all!

In this system, as in any REAL WAR, you cannot be "on the fence" and you can never be trusted as you can always be considered an "enemy spy".
Except that the war you're talking about doesn't exist, and is just a side effect of living in a world that follows the laws of physics, whereas you are not older than someone born before you.

If people want bitcoins to succeed, they must make compromises, and sacrifices in regards to what they are used to.

Yay! Logic! I have already begun this process. I will buy my next house in Bitcoin, and I already refuse to buy another car that is not based on 100% free energy. What say ye?

"I do not need you as much as I value the freedom I can achieve from bitcoins".

Unfortunate to the success of your arguments, you don't realize that governments are still (mostly) controlled by the people, and although they do in fact get by with conniving, thieving and murder on a daily basis, as a whole, they cannot destroy that which creates and gives them control, and thus they will eventually legalize drugs, and simply find ways of tapping in to Bitcoin for revenue. You've obviously never read a history book.

Say Goodbye to the ease of which you point and click and order and consume with a finger jerk.

Really? Isn't that in fact exactly what Bitcoin is enabling?

Take a new avenue toward life and realize that with freedom comes sacrifice and a will to make change happen. You do not do that by sitting behind a computer and armchair bitching and waiting for others to make those changes.

Hear, hear. People involved in Bitcoin for mining only need to die a slow and miserable death, as do those involved in it who only plan on cashing out at the last minute. It will take a while though to get things right in the community as it's still broken and disbanded due to the decentralized nature of Bitcoin.

DO NOT think you can use bitcoins like money, EVER!

Excuse me while I slurp on my juice I just bought in Bitcoin from the store down the street, eat a sandwich my girlfriend just made for me with vegetables and bread bought at a grocery store in Bitcoins, and read your rants from an internet connection I purchased in Bitcoins on a computer I bought with Bitcoins while sitting in a chair I made from a tree that I cut down myself-- WITH MY FISTS.

Bitcoins are something completely different and so new you cannot likely fathom the ways they can be used for the most benefit as those uses may not have been invented yet.
So basically you've negated your ability to give any kind of opinion? I really wish this forum had some decent AI installed to allow for posts that logically destroy themselves to be deleted immediately.

WAKE UP YOUR SLEEPING UNCONSCIOUS.
Your unconscious mind is not asleep, it is just not actively monitored in the same way the conscious mind is, hence the nature of being the 'un'-conscious mind. Did they outlaw dictionaries where you live?

Bitcoins are a real solution to real problems of today.

Ohhhh. So you're FOR Bitcoin...Ahh... I see.... FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

The powers that be are not going to be happy about anything that changes the status quo. That's simple math for you.

Logic, not math.

I hope some people can use this message to WAKE UP TO REALITY. God willing.

Sorry, you destroyed any potential for that. Can you please rewrite this in the English language using modern day educated concepts and redistribute it for further review? Thanks.

"It only takes 10% of the population to agree before the idea spreads throughout."

I'm a fan of: http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2010/02/viral-growth-trumps-lots-of-faux-followers.html

Bitcoin: Spread the Idea

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2011, 07:05:14 PM

I'm sure someone will quote Matthew, with his post...

Probably someone with a whole in their head. Oops!
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2011, 07:08:47 PM

Jesus Christ no wonder the developers threw us out to the forest...

But look at the cute puppies we have to enjoy here on the prairie.

bitrebel (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 07:10:41 PM

It's really saddening that people care more to judge content than their own interpretation of that content.
The entire post was meant to shake people a little. Jar your brains and make you think about things you don;t normally consider.

If it did not do anything for you, then walk away. If it helped make you realize that bitcoins are not the same as Unicorns and Rainbows, then that's great.

Everything I stated is true, but if you want to make fun of it, then the laugh will be on you, not me. But have your laughs, by all means. The NWO is laughing at your stupidity and misery. They don't care a damn about you or I, but some of you will fight for them, to the death, because the system backs up your lifestyle, so when you believe in the system, you are a bitch of the system.

I'd rather be laughed at all day than be a bitch of the system.
If you poke fun at those who care to wake you up, don't think they will give you compassion when the system sucks your lifeblood dry.

If you truly think Bitcoins are about "joining with society" then your the fool I am laughing at. Bitcoins were not designed to integrate into the system, they were designed to work alongside the system, or in alternative to it. Believe what you want, your belief system will lead to your own demise unless it's based in reality and truth.

Why does Bitrebel have 65+ Ignores?
Because Bitrebel says things that some people do not want YOU to hear.
bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 07:14:29 PM

Phinnaeus Gage, Thanks for picking my post apart, without considering it in it's entirety. That's straight shooting. None of your comments are worth retort, because my entire post was about one single point, not every instance I discussed. You can tear something apart, or you can see how it was put together, but you probably can't do them both at the same time.

bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 07:19:42 PM

Phinnaeus Gage, Thanks for picking my post apart, without considering it in it's entirety. That's straight shooting. None of your comments are worth retort, because my entire post was about one single point, not every instance I discussed. You can tear something apart, or you can see how it was put together, but you probably can't do them both at the same time.

Oh, I think I pretty much succeeded at that just fine thank you.

You HAD a point, but you ruined it with improper presentation.

I got your point though, and you're right! But what you said was off the wall.

Constructive criticism is good and appreciated.

m0w3r

Activity: 131
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 07:24:52 PM

The financial system is run by people who have an interest in control.

And equally populated by people who have an interest in freedom. Nothing is as extreme as all that. We still control our own lives, we're just not pushed far enough yet to pull it all out.

If When bitcoin ever gets large, then laws will be changed to specifically attempt to thwart it.  

Fixed. Laws will indeed begin to crop up all over the world, as they should, related to Bitcoin, as they crop up everywhere related to EVERYTHING in society. Nothing scary about that.

Bitcoin will not be allowed to compete openly or fairly
Why? Because you say so? You have no idea how powerful community consensus is, do you? I would never touch drugs, but I'm actually happy to see that the powers at be are starting to pull the stick out of their asses and realize that it's more profitable to work WITH the community than against it. We'll see a lot more of this trend as the world grows up.

It will be interesting to see how banks handle bitcoin's challenge to their control, if it ever gets to that size.

Yea well, when the UABCI is behind almost every law in favor of BTC holders, I'm glad there will be much more active and committed individuals than you to thank for it.

Laws don't 'happen'. They are planned, structured, organized, discussed, and then passed-- if they're lucky. What we need are watchdogs for Bitcoin. Now you might understand what I started the UABCI in the first place and be more inclined to participate.

If, not necessarily when, bitcoin gets larger.  There are still many challenges.  Community consensus is powerful, but there was consensus against taxpayer bailouts to the banks recently.  There has been community consensus for a full US Federal Reserve audit for years.  Also, previous community-based monetary systems have been shutdown eventhough they had a large consensus.  That being said, bitcoin is the best attempt yet at a freer system.
piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 07:39:11 PM

So Bitcoin is actually the second advent, sent to us by a supreme entity to undo our wrongs, take power from the greedy bankers and masons and give it back to proper sysadmins. Where do I sign up to your church?

i am satoshi
bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 07:51:44 PM

So Bitcoin is actually the second advent, sent to us by a supreme entity to undo our wrongs, take power from the greedy bankers and masons and give it back to proper sysadmins. Where do I sign up to your church?

I believe in bitcoins like everyone else. I just see it's purpose differently than many. I'm not so sure it will ever be able to be accepted mainstream due to the political climate in the world, down through history and up until now. If bitcoins are ever to be something BIG, some group within the Masons will probably have to embrace it, and promote it, but if they do, they will ultimately be dislodged or excommunicated from the English Grand Mother Lodge. If the English Grand Lodge accepted it, then the Pope would go to war with England.

That's all i'm saying. Simple math.

You have to have a consensus between the City of London, Washington DC and the Vatican. Or bitcoins will always be used in the outer fringes of the "city" and used to acquire goods in the woods.

btcbaby

Activity: 87
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2011, 07:56:09 PM

Every time I see a post like this, I am glad they finally severed these forums from the official Bitcoin site.

BINGO

http://www.btclog.com/uploads/FileUpload/e6/9cc97eb4c91db1ec5fb30ca35f0da8.png
Write an excellent post on btc::log and you just might win 1BTC in our daily giveaway.
btc::log is the professionally managed and community moderated Bitcoin Forum
the joint
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1020

View Profile
August 02, 2011, 08:26:05 PM

Take a new avenue toward life and realize that with freedom comes sacrifice and a will to make change happen

With freedom comes sacrifice?  Freedom is dependent on the constraint of sacrifice?  Interesting...and thought provoking
kloinko1n

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 01:22:17 AM

OP is partially right, or better said: he only knows part of the truth.

In fact, I have special permission from my masters in Basel, Amsterdam, London, New York (forget that clown in Washington) and Tokyo, who control already 99% of the money supply (and soon, when our mission to conquest the money systems of Libya, Iran, North Korea and Syria has succeeded, it will be 100%) to reveal some more of the truth:

In fact our bitcoin operation is just a trial episode in our 7-steps strategy to not only control the whole money supply, but also the people who are involved in its circulation:

1. Create a world-wide currency (touted as 'revolutionary' in order to get the few people left who are still able to get enthousiastic about something new and to let them believe it is 'contra' to our desire of a new world order, of which a few people are already aware that it's inevitably coming our way),

2. Set it up as fundamental for this currency to be able to track all instances from the start of their creation to the end of their existence,

3. Deliberately wait for the popularity to grow beyond the point of no return, so nobody can resist to use it anymore,

4. Then make it impossible to use this currency anonymously (through prohibition, infiltration and blocking of anonymising software). I.e. in the case of The Onion Router (TOR) network through infiltration of the majority of entry and exit nodes by governmental servers,

5. Next connect all instances of this currency to the persons involved through the obligatory personal registration for the use of any internet service and obligatory registration of transactions (world-wide!) by all merchants, exchanges etc. etc.,

6. Let the governments (which, of course, by then will be all under our control) prohibit -- sanctioned with heavy financial and, where possible, jail time penalties -- the use of cash, gold and any black market transactions. Control is unescapably performed through the use of RFID, NFC etc., and of course the o so valuable blokchain,

7. Reap the benefits, such as high taxation, behavioural control (if one of our 'subjects' digresses from behaviour which is best for society, some of his financial transactions will 'magically' be rejected by the block chain or by some 'suddenly occurring unexplainable technical problem with the network') and unlimited control (no funding is ever to be hidden from our eyes) over governments all over the world.

NEW WORLD ORDER as everybody will know it!

This is the end of the message which I was allowed by my masters to divulge to you.

Now continue with your good work, make us a new world to our likings!

The Messenger
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2011, 02:15:18 AM

SO WHAT'CHA GONNA DOOO WHEN THE NEW WORLD ORDER TAKES OVER YOU BROTHER???

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
bitrebel (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 05:26:19 AM

Take a new avenue toward life and realize that with freedom comes sacrifice and a will to make change happen

With freedom comes sacrifice?  Freedom is dependent on the constraint of sacrifice?  Interesting...and thought provoking

Yes, Freedom requires sacrifice. You have to sacrifice government security, in order to enjoy true freedom.

westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 01:23:50 PM

I've been mulling over the thought lately that perhaps bitcoin can't become mainstream. But also, that it might not need to be. Basically, a similar thought to yours, with similar reasoning, but without the Nwo-focus.

(Not that any of that was necessarily bad or incorrect. Sadly, society has been conditioned to reject such speech without consideration of its merit.)

Bottom line though: we'll see how it turns out. I remain convinced that, regardless of popularity or attempts at regulation, there will continue to be some level of demand for bitcoins for the forseeable future, and that this demand is likely to be much greater than current demand.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 06:22:20 PM

Yes, Freedom requires sacrifice. You have to sacrifice government security, in order to enjoy true freedom.

Just interesting that the definition of freedom implies the lack of any constraint, which would contradict being dependent upon the constraint of sacrifice...

And yet, it seems that true freedom allows for that freedom to place it's own constraints, to simultaneously be free and not free at the same time...

And I'm sure you read into all of that when you said that to begin with...
error

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 06:31:16 PM

Just interesting that the definition of freedom implies the lack of any constraint, which would contradict being dependent upon the constraint of sacrifice...

And yet, it seems that true freedom allows for that freedom to place it's own constraints, to simultaneously be free and not free at the same time...

There's a difference between being constrained by the laws of physics and being constrained by the actions of men.

3KzNGwzRZ6SimWuFAgh4TnXzHpruHMZmV8
the joint
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 06:53:38 PM

With freedom comes sacrifice?  Freedom is dependent on the constraint of sacrifice?  Interesting...and thought provoking

There's a difference between being constrained by the laws of physics and being constrained by the actions of men.

Yeh, but in my opinion, freedom gets tossed around too carelessly without thinking about what it means.  Think about the implications that something like "America -- Land of the Free" has had over the course of history.  It's what makes some people think that, for example, the military fights for our freedom, and I think that's total bullshit if you think about what freedom actually means.  And, is your mind constrained to the laws of physics?  If not, then being "constrained" by the laws of physics applies to the object and not necessarily the subject, or perhaps, Descartes was just a total idiot.

Edit:  The military fights for a lack of perceived relative constraint might be better.
BitOffer

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 11, 2011, 08:19:43 PM

I see two different types of people. The (x) researchers that deal with the historical facts of reality, and the (y) researchers that deal with their life as it is in the here & now. The (x)'s are able to understand civics, psychology, world politics, economics on a big picture wide scale. Conversely, (y)'s are able to focus on single tasks and accomplish amazing technical achievements(It's rare to find people excel at both qualities). We are that way because our brains have evolved that way(some are creative types(right brain) and some are meticulous types(left brain), and some mediocre at both types). It's difficult for everyone, but especially non-historian (y) types to get over the psychological hill of dealing with facts such as the "New World Order". This is not a bad thing, we need both types of people to continue and do what they do. Don't expect the two types to understand each other, and dont let that be discouragement from talking about unpopular subjects.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: