Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:47:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UK Riots  (Read 1027 times)
TKHatch (OP)

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 11:11:15 PM

Now they have vigilante groups on the streets of the UK protecting their homes and businesses.
http://pictur.eu/londonriots/vigilante-groups/ 
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mircea Popescu

Activity: 9
Merit: 21

View Profile
August 09, 2011, 11:22:06 PM

Basically this is a complete failure of politicians/government.

They need their own teaparty there.
leeloulee

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2011, 12:10:29 AM

well if all the worlds econmys fail at least well still have bitcoin

SGT longdong
silverchair

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2011, 02:07:52 AM

I heard its because of a policeman, how sad.

Hey Guys! WWW.FREEBITCOINS.ORG introduces "Epic December Contest" where you can Win Sweet Casascius Coins !!!
rohitrp

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 10:28:04 AM

Worst in London this year! I've seen it. Felt it. Experienced it.
mjcmurfy

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2011, 02:00:12 PM

The cause of the riot was not directly due to the UK's economic problems, which are indeed significant, rather it was caused by more insidious social problems that have been building up for years. Particularly, failures of education, the family unit, the judicial system, aswell as in policing and governance.

Of course, failures in the financial institutions have led many families into destitution and poverty, but the answer to this is not to loot whatever your grubby hands can carry. In fact, these people have only worsened their future prospects by damaging the local economy in london (destroying shops and causing capital damage), thereby reducing their chances of future employment.

If their society was functioning correctly, in a rational and democratic fashion, this sort of thing should not happen even taking the financial crash of the past few years into consideration.

I think the social problems in the UK vastly outweigh the financial and economic problems they have. And you cannot fix social problems through financial mechanisms. Well, not with the current global financial system we currently have in place anyway.

http://www.bitcointorrentz.com/images/bct_button_117_30.png - BitCoinTorrentz.com: High-speed HTTP torrent downloads. 0.05 btc/gb. Up to 50% discount with free membership!
jackjack
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1233

May Bitcoin be touched by his Noodly Appendage

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 02:08:53 PM

Bitcoin did Riots

Own address: 19QkqAza7BHFTuoz9N8UQkryP4E9jHo4N3 - Pywallet support: 1AQDfx22pKGgXnUZFL1e4UKos3QqvRzNh5 - Bitcointalk++ script support: 1Pxeccscj1ygseTdSV1qUqQCanp2B2NMM2
Pywallet: instructions. Encrypted wallet support, export/import keys/addresses, backup wallets, export/import CSV data from/into wallet, merge wallets, delete/import addresses and transactions, recover altcoins sent to bitcoin addresses, sign/verify messages and files with Bitcoin addresses, recover deleted wallets, etc.
therealgalt

Activity: 4

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 06:55:59 PM

Leeches, all of them! These kind of people just feed on the hard work of others, and when they see a chance like this to just TAKE something without working for it, they will. What do they think will happen if they keep taking things without paying for them? Those things will stop being produced! A parasite should know better than to kill its host.
Vladimir

Activity: 812
Merit: 1001

-

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 06:59:23 PM

If you confiscate stealthily, via inflation and hidden taxes lots of wealth from the population and give it all to banksters, this is what you get. The rioters maybe even do not know why they are rioting. But this is why.

-
ffuentes

Activity: 70

Only a curious passer-by / FirstBits: 13zsc1

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2011, 07:00:06 PM

The cause of the riot was not directly due to the UK's economic problems, which are indeed significant, rather it was caused by more insidious social problems that have been building up for years. Particularly, failures of education, the family unit, the judicial system, aswell as in policing and governance.

Of course, failures in the financial institutions have led many families into destitution and poverty, but the answer to this is not to loot whatever your grubby hands can carry. In fact, these people have only worsened their future prospects by damaging the local economy in london (destroying shops and causing capital damage), thereby reducing their chances of future employment.

If their society was functioning correctly, in a rational and democratic fashion, this sort of thing should not happen even taking the financial crash of the past few years into consideration.

I think the social problems in the UK vastly outweigh the financial and economic problems they have. And you cannot fix social problems through financial mechanisms. Well, not with the current global financial system we currently have in place anyway.

What are you saying! Communist!  Angry

Listen Radio Libre (Electronica) Donate. (click for details).

Chilean peso VS BTC ahora: http://irage.ca/2btc.php?a=1&c=CLP&r=1

My bitcoin address
MrCruncher

Activity: 27

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 08:25:33 PM

Found this interesting piece.

When a young man was asked by a reporter, if he thought rioting was the correct way to express disconsent, he answered with

"Yes," said the young man. "You wouldn't be talking to me now if we didn't riot, would you?" The TV reporter from Britain's ITV had no response. So the young man pressed his advantage. "Two months ago we marched to Scotland Yard, more than 2,000 of us, all blacks, and it was peaceful and calm and you know what? Not a word in the press. Last night a bit of rioting and looting and look around you."

http://worldblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/08/07/7292281-the-sad-truth-behind-london-riot

I'm not supporting looting and violence but when you are peaceful and no one listens what other options do you have? You have to rattle someones cage to get them to listen. Now the whole world is watching.
madmadmax

Activity: 740
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 19, 2011, 08:34:38 PM

There is no excuse to act like a baboon, no matter how bad the government or the economy is.

▄▄▄▄▄               ▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄        ▄▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄██▀        ▀██▄    ▄██▀         ▀█▄
██▀            ▀██▄  ▀▀             ██
██               ▀██        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
██                ▀██▄      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ██▄          ▄██   ▀██▄          ▄▄▄
  ▀██▄      ▄██▀      ▀██▄▄     ▄██▀
    ▀▀██████▀▀          ▀▀██████▀▀

Unchained Smart Contracts
Decentralized Oracle
Infinitly Scalable
Blockchain Technology
Turing-Complete
State-Channels

▄████▄▄    ▄
██             ████████████▀
████▄         █████████████▀
▀████████▄▄   █████████████
▄▄█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
  ▀██████████████████████
   █████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████▀
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄███████████████▀
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄██▄
     ▄      ▐████   ▄▄
   █████     ██████████
    █████████████████▀
 ▄████████████▀████▌
██████████     ▀████    
 ▀▀   █████     ██████████
      ▀████▌▄████████████▀
    ▄▄▄███████████████▌
   ██████████▀    ▐████
    ▀▀▀  ████▌     ▀▀▀
         ▀███▀
f

ffuentes

Activity: 70

Only a curious passer-by / FirstBits: 13zsc1

View Profile WWW
August 19, 2011, 10:40:10 PM

There is no excuse to act like a baboon, no matter how bad the government or the economy is.

Found this interesting piece.

When a young man was asked by a reporter, if he thought rioting was the correct way to express disconsent, he answered with

"Yes," said the young man. "You wouldn't be talking to me now if we didn't riot, would you?" The TV reporter from Britain's ITV had no response. So the young man pressed his advantage. "Two months ago we marched to Scotland Yard, more than 2,000 of us, all blacks, and it was peaceful and calm and you know what? Not a word in the press. Last night a bit of rioting and looting and look around you."

http://worldblog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2011/08/07/7292281-the-sad-truth-behind-london-riot

I'm not supporting looting and violence but when you are peaceful and no one listens what other options do you have? You have to rattle someones cage to get them to listen. Now the whole world is watching.

It's not an excuse but it's the cause.

Read this http://hanariaz.com/2011/08/07/contextualizing-violence-tottenham-riots/

Listen Radio Libre (Electronica) Donate. (click for details).

Chilean peso VS BTC ahora: http://irage.ca/2btc.php?a=1&c=CLP&r=1

My bitcoin address
mjcmurfy

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2011, 04:02:17 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2011, 04:25:41 PM by mjcmurfy

What are you saying! Communist!  Angry

What are YOU saying? Idiot!

But honestly... do you care to explain your logic as to how you concluded this based on my previous post? I'm sick of people crying 'commie' as if it were some catch-all response to win any argument. Not that I am, but who cares if I was? In 50 years, capitalism has caused more damage to this planet and it's societies than communism ever has.

If you mean to insult someone by calling them a communist, you really are an idiot. Because if I actually was a communist, it would not insult me, it would just be stating the obvious. In fact, the only reason I would be offended would be if I actually was a capitalist - thus invalidating the insult. Your statement reeks of irrationality and stupidity.

I long for the day when archaic ideas such as capitalism and communism are nothing but a vague memory of a barbaric age. In fact, the main reason that I am here is my hope that bitcoin will help pave the way towards a more rational, democratic world.

http://www.bitcointorrentz.com/images/bct_button_117_30.png - BitCoinTorrentz.com: High-speed HTTP torrent downloads. 0.05 btc/gb. Up to 50% discount with free membership!
blacbe

Activity: 61

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 05:30:31 PM

the uk government should step down because the rioters have decided they are not a legitimate government. the un needs to send a mandate for david cameron to step down and the rioters recognised as the legitimate government and a no fly zone established over the nation
spruce

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 06:11:56 PM

I read a UK newspaper article a few days back, which I can't find now. Possibly the Guardian as they are currently publishing their research into the court cases demographics.. They found that in most of the London riot areas, a majority of the people arrested did not come from the local area. There were reports of rioters having been bussed in, and of people with walkie-talkies directing the action.

As usual, all is not as it may seem.
User1337

Activity: 18

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2011, 08:24:33 PM

More than 1,400 people have appeared in court in connection with the riots that spread across England's towns and cities two weeks ago, new figures show.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14628324
bncbnc

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 23, 2011, 08:54:10 PM

Have you guys seen what happened to the blackberry blog after they intended on getting involved?

▄▄▄▄
▐████▌
▀██▀
▐▌
▄██▄
▄▄▄▄ ▐████▌ ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▐████▌
████  ▄▄▄▄  ████
▐████▌
▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄
▐████▌      ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄▄▄▄  ▀██▀
▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌
▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄  ▀██▀  ▄██▄
▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌  ▐▌  ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀  ▄██▄  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀  ████  ▀▀▀▀
▐████▌      ▐████▌
▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀
ivy|..FACILITATING SECURE, TRANSPARENT...........
BUSINESS PAYMENTS ON A GLOBAL SCALE....

..─────────  ❱❱  WHITEPAPER  ❰❰  ─────────..
|
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
|.JOIN US NOW!.|
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: