Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:06:15 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Invest in btc or ltc?  (Read 3479 times)
LatestBTC

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 07:23:14 AM

Right now I would wait for the price to come down a bit.

The price is still sky high due to all the recent media attention but I think by February the price will have dropped to $300
If you really wanted to invest now I would buy some Litecoins. Rumours are MTGOX will be adding LTC in January....

Although it was rumoured LTC would be added 5 or so months ago too....

Dilapidated

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:58:25 AM

I would say LTC but I'd also invest in as many other altcoins as possible.
Light

Activity: 742
Merit: 502

Circa 2010

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:09:54 AM

I would say LTC but I'd also invest in as many other altcoins as possible.

Uh, I really wouldn't invest into altcoins as most of them are simply cheap ripoffs which actually have a tiny volume of which are just pump and dump schemes. If your looking for long term gains go with BTC as it should do better in the long term. LTC is ok but it really doesn't have much of a use in comparison to BTC so honestly I think it will just die off one day.
tunctioncloud

Activity: 440

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:13:27 AM

The price is still sky high due to all the recent media attention but I think by February the price will have dropped to $300
If you really wanted to invest now I would buy some Litecoins. Rumours are MTGOX will be adding LTC in January....

MtGox is pretty useless exchange when you have to wait so long on withdrawals. To be sure I would buy only cheaper LTC, definitively under $10, because this altcoin is risky speculation and already expensive given the main use is exchange to Bitcoin only

thatcoinman

Activity: 2

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:25:02 AM

investing in litecoin is a good deal.

prices are a little high right now, but i guess the price will go up more when company's will accept litecoin aswel.

i think there was a company in china that plans on accepting litecoin in january/febuary.

kind regards
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:13:19 AM

LTC gained some traction with the BTC fork earlier this year.

I would own both, the percentage split is up to your risk tolerance.
jones31

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:36:56 PM

Are you sure?
You might end up waiting for another decade.
Also , sorry to say , by I find the bolded text quite hilarious at this moment.
Dilapidated

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:00:24 PM

I invest in many of the different cryptos out there.  Even though it's a bit of a risk for sacrificing the mining time - it's nice to mine many more coins of new currency vs. fractions of the larger ones.  Though the chance of failure may be high - only one needs to really go through the roof to make it worth it.  

Completely agree.
miners78

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:06:01 PM

LTC moves up and down much faster than BTC does. At least recently. A few months ago it was ~$2 and now its around $35, which is a much bigger increase than BTC which has about doubled in the same length of time.
gripflierGO

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:11:49 PM

LTC moves up and down much faster than BTC does. At least recently. A few months ago it was ~$2 and now its around $35, which is a much bigger increase than BTC which has about doubled in the same length of time.

This is bullshit. Everyone can check the price graph over time to prove your way off  Smiley
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 02:58:48 PM

This is bullshit. Everyone can check the price graph over time to prove your way off  Smiley

Percentagewise LTC has grown more recently compared to BTC
waspbr

Activity: 5

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:18:58 PM

It depends on the how you want to invest it.

Bitcoin is the strongest and most popular currency, it may oscillate but prices are bound to come back to a stable spot. It is probably going to become more valuable as it becomes more popular.  So if you want a safe place to park your coins, bit coin is probably what you are looking for.

Litecoin is less popular, so it is hard to find places where you can buy stuff or change back into cash. There is a lot of room for growth but the road is probably going to be bumpy.  Litecoin is a higher risk long term investment.

Other alt coins can also be invested but you need to watch them closely, it is not a bad idea to stock on a few cheap currencies and see how they develop.

The higher the risk, the higher the rewards.
epivitoras1

Activity: 10

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:32:20 PM

invest in btc ! mine ltc if you have good hardware ! as long as the price of bitcoin rises the price of ltc will rise too !!!
chatnoir

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 08:08:03 PM

invest in btc ! mine ltc if you have good hardware ! as long as the price of bitcoin rises the price of ltc will rise too !!!

Agreed. Minining litecoin is still pretty easy. a couple of decent cards and you can earn a few $$$. we mined LTC for about 3 months before and during summer. Got 33 coins which we sold for 1300ish a few days ago. we've now got that money in BTC and we're using it to trade
miners78

Activity: 56

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 08:17:15 PM

Litecoin does tend to follow BTC pretty closely, mainly because BTC and LTC are on almost every site, whereas other less popular ones are on specific sites.

Due to them being in the same places, when people panic sell BTC, LTC will almost certainly follow suit.
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 12:01:13 AM

Litecoin does tend to follow BTC pretty closely, mainly because BTC and LTC are on almost every site, whereas other less popular ones are on specific sites.

Due to them being in the same places, when people panic sell BTC, LTC will almost certainly follow suit.

Too add onto that, some people hold both in btc and ltc so they panic sell BOTH.

PenAndPaper

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 01:11:34 AM

Some people think that ltc has a bigger potential, speculation wise because it looks cheaper. Markets are all about psychology anyway  Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: