Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:09:47 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: How can the ICO scams be identified?  (Read 666 times)
Praesidium

Activity: 409
Merit: 103

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:44:22 AM

It is easy to know whether the ICO is a scam, just check the team behind the project search the people behind it one by one and you'll know whether they are true or just a fake also you can check the website if it is copied from other website.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Lontongmie

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:46:50 AM

Previously, it was much easier to define a bench. I think that now scammers spend big money to make their projects look like they are real.

gerjiss

Activity: 336
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:54:29 AM

Initially, you need to look at the site of the project, because it happens so just look and immediately see that something is wrong here. It is too frequent to mention that it is necessary to invest in this ICO. Here's an example: https://www.localcoinswap.com/team.html
I do not undertake to judge this ICO categorically, but I would not recommend participating in it. In addition, bounty company is managed by a Manager who has already differed in the past participation in a fraudulent ICO project.
Here is a link to the project: http://www.pycoin.io
Here is a link to the bounty Manager of the company: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=355683

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
rezurect

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:56:40 AM
Last edit: May 10, 2018, 01:29:03 PM by rezurect

Previously, it was much easier to define a bench. I think that now scammers spend big money to make their projects look like they are real.

Exactly. They even pay big listing fee's for exchanges only to pump and dump there, slowly disappear and let the coin die out.
They pay hundreds of thousands for certain exchanges listings (sometimes millions), but they know they are going to make bank off of it.
erikoy

Merit: 125

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:58:16 AM

This is very difficult to answer if you will going to question a scam ICO from its early period of fund raising since we do not know who are there investors and most of the ICO do not have a live sales on their tokens. But as the ICO goes to end there you can notice a project that has a lot of possible investors in their telegram channel and most of them will ask on how to invest on their project. So i guess those are the indicators and you can ask also the admin if they are able to raise the soft cap and if they then that project is good to go or it will success.
Ereun

Activity: 322
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:19:18 PM

Product or Project Team, It's no secret that the success of an ICO project relies heavily on all executive management teams such as CEO, CTO, CMO etc. These are the people who will face the strategic technical challenges of the product project later on.
Besides that a lot of suggestions that have been written in this forum or you can surf on google, Thank you
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1158

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:32:44 PM

Dear All!

As many of us are aware the fact that there are many scams fooling and cheating people of their money under the disguise of ICOs,it would be really useful if your thoughts can be shared for all to be cautious of.
Please be kind enough to comment your ideas!
Thank you!
Anyone who wants to invest should always understand the area of their investment and how they can stay safe and it is obvious the things to be done with respect to this regard. Firstly, looking at the decentralized and uncontrolled nature of the market, it is obvious there are just some set of people called scammers who saw it as an opportunity to fool the naive ones into investing into their fake project.

Now, the part is to be able to dig up the team to be able to get better facts on how they intend to proceed and if they are for real. With that, it is always a step to at least limiting the risk.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
brotherwood12

Merit: 30

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:38:58 PM

you need much data/information  to do that i think
research about people behind it  , research about that idea , plagiarism or not and many more

TTITA

Activity: 378

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:42:48 PM

Topics like this are very much discussed in this forum. Basically it's hard to see an ico will end up scam or not, some indicators like more observant to see whitepaper, project team, etc, whether good or not, it also remains not a guarantee that will be a successful ico or ending a scam. So investment for an ico project is a risky speculation.
Sapphire9

Activity: 298
Merit: 21

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:44:11 PM

First of all you should read whitepaper properly, make research about the team members, location/contacts of main office, ico ratings and so on. But unfortunately even these steps can't protect you from scam, sometimes it is practically impossible to distinguish between real project and scam

VasiloviKola

Activity: 177
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:47:46 PM

Dear All!

As many of us are aware the fact that there are many scams fooling and cheating people of their money under the disguise of ICOs,it would be really useful if your thoughts can be shared for all to be cautious of.
Thank you!

Very often scams have no big community in social media and networks, the team is not well identified, there might be some names, but they are barely concerned; scam projects are not transparent, they have some general info, less information is provided more scammy project is; these are the obvious features, but you shall look at project in general.

I would recommend ambit mining ICO - it is one of the best projects which are live now
zpopdream

Activity: 36

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:48:31 PM

I believe intuition can be very important Smiley
As for the project itself - you simply should do a very detailed research before contributing: check the team (twice!), WP and get really deep into the project itself
ZaynDale

Activity: 238

T H E G O L D E N I C O

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 01:53:11 PM

Dear All!

Thank you!

This year is different as scammers can make fake ICOs that everything are too good to be true.
They could even make better websites than legitimate ICOs and they are smart enough to handle everything related to run an entire ICO pre and post stages.
They're even know how to increase the active members on their telegram channel that people cannot spot them to be fake or scam.
Recently, as bounty hunter, we used to be the victim of scam and fake ICOs like Denaro, RPay, Librium, AltOwl etc.
Those fake and scam ICOs are identified after their ICO sale and because they're not regulated, scammers aren't identified until today.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │     T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  22nd  M A Y                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
sakuragi03

Activity: 25

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:53:32 PM

Dear All!

Thank you!

The only way to find out if ICO is a scam, you have to do some research about its background, people behind it and if they have a professional website with a clear roadmap and goal. Also, if you will see their thread here, it should be organized and the bounty manager has a respectable rank in bitcointalk.
bloodyvio

Activity: 546
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 01:53:43 PM

check their github project and make sure their code does not copy paste from other project
and do extensive research using google like searching their office address, their team profile, whitepaper, roadmap and partnership

Matdog
Copper Member

Activity: 462

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:00:25 PM

check their github project and make sure their code does not copy paste from other project
and do extensive research using google like searching their office address, their team profile, whitepaper, roadmap and partnership
I think so too, you have to understand the areas that affect the project and represent the prospect,
we need to know also what about the technical documentation, and how the members of the project
development team, we can also see their telegram and ask directly or communicate with them personally.
With this we will know more with this project.
yanto@1977

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:01:16 PM

Dear All!

Thank you!

I only see from their info up date from social media, if they keep give us information I can say the developer team are working. Second thing is from telegram channel, if I see many complaint about the services I'll leave it. I only you those thing to identified scam ICO. No one know the true,just prepare for worst or only follow ICO after listing on exchanger.  

Hanazawa

Activity: 181
Merit: 4

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 02:02:28 PM

It is hard to tell on how to identified scam ICO's due to the widespread of scammers. However there are many strategies to avoid scam ICO's  first you need to read the platforms of every ICO's tha you are willing to join. Then reading their whitepapers and roadmaps for you to understand what was the objectives and what is their main goals for launching their projects. Asides from that you should better thi know and identify all persons that involved in tha ICO you must check the developers of a projects and also looking for their legit website and group channels are the good way to avoid scam ICOs.

If we didn't yet identified a scam ICO's! We could already avoid scammers with the use of our knowledge, abilities and perseverance.

► HackenAI ◄ (http://url=https://hacken.ai/) ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► H (http://url=https://hacken.ai/)
naidray
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 03:53:37 PM

If the ICO project does not have open source code, you need to be careful.
Because a good ICO project will open source code.
Not every good ICO may have an open source code as there would be some exchanges that would rather prefer to keep their source code to themselves if they have some pretty much important stuff to dish out than exposing it.

However, I want to focus on the part of the team, because I believe that every good ICO project should have a good team and at least close to ready product which is the real thing on is investing in here and not empty promises. As long as it is all just empty promises, then there is really nothing to invest.
Devanomrz

Activity: 151
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 03:57:58 PM

Their project abandoned
Admin on the group never chat anymore
Their group disappeared
Their web can't be accessed again
That's the major for scam identifying for ICO i think
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print