Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:23:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: deleted by request  (Read 50557 times)
cryptasm
Legendary

Activity: 997
Merit: 1002

Gamdom.com

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 10:56:40 PM

Still facing problem in this exchange, every time i made buy order and execute it coins disappear, when this problem will be solve? this is insane, how many hours/days before they will return the missing coins?
I have the exact same problem, every single order I've made in the last 4-5 days, the coins have disappeared.  Don't think filing complaints will help the situation, we really don't need any more authorities sniffing around. Hoping Vern gets his thumb out.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 10:59:51 PM

I'm pretty sure Big Vern doesn't use the forums, BitJohn is his PR if I'm not mistaken. I've had the best success contacting Vern directly via skype.

What is his Skype name?

~BCX~

Paul_Vernon
chalkyuk

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 11:05:02 PM

Guys give big ver a break he will sort it out. just need a little time
Bitcycle

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 11:14:00 PM

Vernon is in way over his head. 

The site's real problems are in the software. It's not hardware that's making money disappear for hours at a time, it's crappy software.  New servers aren't going to fix that.

And LOL at everyone saying don't get the authorities involved. You think he's going to be able to be licensed to deal in USD without getting the authorities involved himself?  How's that going to work, exactly?   Roll Eyes

Thrash

Activity: 519
Merit: 253

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 11:15:26 PM

When they get the USD markets all of us will benefit tremendously.

Disappearing dollars? No, thanks.

Even if you use other exchanges having a route from USD straight to alt coins will make you a lot of money as more people pour in. This whole issue is totally blown out of proportion. Everyone needs to realize that this is the wild west or possibly Mad Max territory. Cryptsy has never stole anyone's money. A few problems yes, but thieves, no way. I have been using BV's sites since he started litebonk.com and they have always dealt with problems fairly.  If you want guaranteed returns put your funds in a bank and draw 2%. Personally I prefer to stay here and play as long as possible.

tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 11:23:02 PM

Cryptsy needs to sell more shares and hire some Wall Street Caliber programmers to take over the development of the trading engine.

There is a reason why Mt.Gox only has BTC and still experiences problems.

There is a reason why BTC-E has very few coins trading.

Perhaps scrap the whole "web-based" trading platform and find a way to integrate a real Direct Market Access Platform such as Laser, Sterling Trader Pro, X-Trader or Metatrader 4.

We don't need a troll box.
We don't need a million shit coins gumming up the works.
We don't want shitty bots like C.A.T ping ponging the order book with small size, making trades slow to a crawl.

We want secure deposits, fast order execution, zero lag trading, hot keys to execute trades. We want to be able to trade real size, real liquidity.

I am a share holder and an active trader. Anyone saying "boo hoo quit crying its a free service blah blah" can suck my left testicle. I pay fees to trade, I take a risk by being a shareholder. If Cryptsy needs to charge a monthly subscription in order to be able to deliver these things, I would gladly pay.

Cryptsy get your shit together.
e521

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 11:28:19 PM

[...]
Cryptsy get your shit together.

Agree! What's the point of keeping a zombie alive?
Let us withdraw and fix it.

Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 11:34:04 PM

We don't want shitty bots like C.A.T ping ponging the order book with small size, making trades slow to a crawl.

The bots should have been disabled a week ago. Could not have been a more obvious step to drastically reduce server load and improve performance.
Netnox
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1008

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 11:42:02 PM

What the heck. Everytime i try to make an order my open order gets cancelled. I tried this a couple times --> made order--> my order came on the orderbook --> it gets cancelled and i get my BTC back. I tried this a couple times. HERE IS WHAT HAPPEND SUDDENLY: I log in and now i see that i have way more coins than i should have AND I STILL have my BTC. Also when i log in now, it doesn't ask me for my google authenticator code anymore, i have it enabled
btcprice

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 12:20:02 AM

I just got my missing deposit resolved. Vern handled it himself. So don't worry about missing monies or that you won't get paid. This is a company with shareholders so they aren't going to fold like a cheap suit.

They obviously have some serious techical issues. At least they are willing to spend some time to fix them. Hang in there guys until they get this fixed.
Kane49

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 12:49:21 AM

What the heck. Everytime i try to make an order my open order gets cancelled. I tried this a couple times --> made order--> my order came on the orderbook --> it gets cancelled and i get my BTC back. I tried this a couple times. HERE IS WHAT HAPPEND SUDDENLY: I log in and now i see that i have way more coins than i should have AND I STILL have my BTC. Also when i log in now, it doesn't ask me for my google authenticator code anymore, i have it enabled

You will have a negative balance very soon and not be able to withdraw
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 12:52:39 AM

a couple days ago I had to pay someone in BTC because I was renting some hashing power for 24 hours...Cryptsy wouldn't let me withdrawal because my count said I had a negative balance on COL.

WTF!?!?

So I was forced to buy some shitty COL so I would be able to withdrawal BTC.
Desensitizer

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:04:17 AM

To anyone who is commenting that he might just be overwhelmed and to give him time despite his lack of communication and the disappearance of coins, I highly recommend you rethink what you just said. There is a huge common theme of individuals taking bitcoin-related operations in which they are the middleman (marketplaces, exchanges, currency convertors, gambling sites, etc) and making off with large sums of money that can be easily turned untraceable. It is always better to err on the side of caution under these conditions, and anyone not doing so is asking to get burned.
Piotrsama

Activity: 407

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:07:30 AM

Some news on Cryptsy.

1h
BigVern @cryptsy
FYI, The following currencies have the largest deposit backlog: WDC, ZET, GME, MEC, SBC, FST, GLC, IFC, FLO, SRC, SXC, FRK, FTC

2h
BigVern @cryptsy
Estimate 2 to 3 more hours before all deposits post once full backlog is processed by later this evening @CryptsyKen

2h
BigVern @cryptsy
Thanks for your patience.  Deposit fix already done.  Deposits now starting to post.  System now working through big backlog.
Vivisector999

Activity: 541
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:16:57 AM

Yeah give him some time.  I am in IT as well, and nothing ticks me off more when trying to deal with a huge problem then having to deal with piles of people calling in to let me know what I already know. 

When something big goes down you can either have the people that can resolve the problem do 2 things.  Actually spend their time fixing the problem, and saying F the clients.  Or do what everyone seems to think is important, by having them waste 95% of their time talking to everyone to assure them they are working on the problem, when in reality, they can't spend a single moment fixing anything because they are busy talking to everyone.  I will always vote for letting them deal with fixing the problem.  And yes, I did have a few transactions held up as well.  They finally made it out, took 2-3 days but I wasn't calling for anyone head.

People have to realize one thing.  If Cryptsy goes down because people start calling regulators, then eventually there won't be anyplace to trade anything but BTC and LTC.  The way the huge BTC markets go down constantly, we might not have any exchanges open to trade. 

Check out AC3  @ https://ac3.io/
btcprice

Activity: 434

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:19:57 AM

To anyone who is commenting that he might just be overwhelmed and to give him time despite his lack of communication and the disappearance of coins, I highly recommend you rethink what you just said. There is a huge common theme of individuals taking bitcoin-related operations in which they are the middleman (marketplaces, exchanges, currency convertors, gambling sites, etc) and making off with large sums of money that can be easily turned untraceable. It is always better to err on the side of caution under these conditions, and anyone not doing so is asking to get burned.

I believe some people have posted that you shouldn't use sites like these as banks, more as trading vehicles. That way you don't get burned if a shop closes up and moves to Venezuela or some other place.

But Cryptsy isn't one of those places. They have shareholders to answer to so they aren't going to close up shop. Still, it doesn't hurt to keep a low balance just to err on the side of caution.
JL0z

Activity: 155

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:22:52 AM

Hi All,

Over the past couple of days - yes, some trades have been held up and others could not be committed.  I have experienced this also - and even after cancelling all of my outstanding orders, eventually I got most of my coins back.  I am still missing some GDC from one order, but the others have come back. It just takes time, and the BTC price crash didn't help either.

The only outstanding thing I have is that some sell trades get charged at 0.4% instead of 0.3% - has anyone else noticed this?  I have opened a support ticket with him, but it is still ongoing.  I am behind by 0.038BTC over 42 sell trades that had the higher fee attached, and I don't auto-sell.
jt7382

Activity: 203

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:42:43 AM

I still have a ticket open about orders where I made trades and did not receive any coins at all. Hopefully everything will be resolved soon...just an awful time to go on vacation, a week or two after a large site revamp.
DrGoose

Activity: 93

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:53:18 AM

All, please do not get the authorities involve into our quickly evolving markets... you may ruin it for everybody!

Most understand that alt-coins infrastructures are new and *very high risk*... and they usually expect some lost due to bugs, trading delay, forks and hacks.

Only fools expect that these new exchanges can provide them with the same level of service, software maturity and regulated protection as if it was "wall street" (and even that is a minefield).

if BigVern would be defrauding others, then it would be another story. I have not yet seen any proof of illegal activities.

===

I am with Cryptsy since the early days.  I deposit/trade almost every day.

For sure, there is pain with the extreme lags and inconsistencies... but somehow, things add up within a few hours (or a couple of days in some case).

I am very grateful for the entrepreneurship and hard work done by BigVern and others.

Please cut him some slack while things settled, and in the meantime we have to assume the consequence of *our* decision to invest into a known high risk and unstable infrastructure.

hypostatization

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:59:46 AM

invest into a known high risk and unstable infrastructure.

You should submit that as a marketing slogan.

As much as we accept risk, so does Big Vern. I think he can make good with the community here---even turn it around to his and our own benefit. He has yet to do so. Cryptsy needs to be able to perform under pressure, both as a site and as a business. He will build faith delivering under those conditions. Calling for slack is not going to solve things. Let the man perform.

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: