Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:00:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: deleted by request  (Read 50552 times)
hypostatization

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 05:56:10 PM

I had hoped this would not happen.

As much as I am disappointed that legislation and regulation are being invited, fuck Cryptsy. Big Vern had a constant stream of complaints and this specific consequence clearly stated to him.

Cryptsy definitely deserves the lions share of criticism for endangering alt coin investments across the board. At best, the response from Cryptsy has been half way between total apathy and begrudging acknowledgement of the issues.

All alt coin investments are now at risk. Thanks Cryptsy! Hope you made it rain BTC stashed on USB thumbsticks in the Vegas champagne rooms!

I am fully withdrawing to the first exchange to offer SBC.

Already moving the bulk of my other investments to BTER.

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
DirtyWilly

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:43:07 PM

Good job jackass, are you trying to kill the altcoin scene completely?

Got to agree Hazard,not a good move.

I've had my problems too but just gotta get round it while they upgrade
Been using these, fast and reliable,not so much liquidity but you can get in. out and trade

https://www.coins-e.com/

Hope they don't shut them down but expect the worst now

I deposited a BTC in Coins-e and it never showed up.  It's been 5 days, no word, no contact, nothing.
Scooby903

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:49:29 PM

The owner/operator of Cryptsy is well known as he has repeatedly made it clear he is Paul Vernon from Del Ray Beach,Florida. Cryptsy is registered as a business with the State Florida. As such it makes it very easy to file complaints with the State of Florida over the issues we are having. Cryptsy is in the mid process of filing all the needed applications to enter into a USD market. The last thing they need are multiple complaints about financial mismanagement and issues right now as it would get them nixed pretty quickly. Florida is very aggressive on consumer issues like this and it doesn't matter if you reside outside the USA.

Paul Vernon himself, also know as BigVern needs to come in here and explain what is going on.  Not one of his "lackys" like BitJohn or pr9me but Paul Vernon himself.  I have a combined total of coins in limbo of about 63BTC. Enough is enough. Let us know what is going on or deal with the consequences.

What say you Paul Vernon?

UPDATE:

I took a day off on Thursday December 12th and drove up to Tallahassee to the Florida AG's Office. After about an hour lecture and introduction to Crypto for two Investigators and Assistant AG, I then showed them several exchanges and Cryptsy, who was operating inside the State of Florida. Excited wasn't the word, you would have thought it was Christmas in addition to their jaw's dropping when they saw the volume and the amount of unregulated $$$ flowing through Mr. Vernon's site. They were extremely concerned at the potential fraud that was happening and the theory of a possible multimillion dollar ponzi scheme just seemed to materialize out of thin air. While she said they couldn't determine "if anything was indeed amiss, they were certainly going to be talking to Mr. Vernon as well as contacting their Federal counterparts"

So what happens if Cryptsy gets shut down and your coins confiscated?  You think you're having a hard time dealing with Cryptsy, try dealing with the US gov't.  Seriously a stupid move IMO.
Scooby903

Activity: 896

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 06:52:45 PM

Good job jackass, are you trying to kill the altcoin scene completely?

Got to agree Hazard,not a good move.

I've had my problems too but just gotta get round it while they upgrade
Been using these, fast and reliable,not so much liquidity but you can get in. out and trade

https://www.coins-e.com/

Hope they don't shut them down but expect the worst now

I deposited a BTC in Coins-e and it never showed up.  It's been 5 days, no word, no contact, nothing.

Coins-e has a bad reputation for having absent developers and several coins in their system being on the wrong blockchain.  I am still waiting on 10k PXC that I withdrew Sept. 6th...
MilliCoin

Activity: 19

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:23:46 PM

I can't believe I'm reading this.. I imagine it's the same people that were once crying out for deregulation and getting one over on the bankers who are crying to the regulators over a technical mishap.

Do you guys genuinely believe that "BigVern" is filling his pockets? Has there been one actual instance where funds have disappeared and not been returned?

The people behind Cryptsy aren't anonymous from some foreign land where no one knows.. they are perfectly open, talented American's who are innovators with a start up that has expanded at an alarming rate and is getting quite a lot to handle. As a result they have informed us all they are under a lot of strain but are remedying it - taking on more staff/servers and spending every hour god sends.

Can you comprehend the strain on a system that suddenly had an influx of 400% registrations with magnitude of sales increasing exponentially.. with the selection of currencies which they offer, I'm surprised that there wasn't more down time. They could more than handle the customer service demands at the start of November but with all the new registrants who many of which are late adopters and are inexperienced with trading, currencies and many of whom are clearly not suited to it and encounter problems.

On EVERY single instance I've now heard of where a balance disappears after creating a sell order the following simple solution works - purchase the smallest amount of coins possible, create sell order, cancel sell order and wow - the coins are back in your balance. If any problems arise rather than sending a ticket - check the forum https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/44674/page/last#post-107199 and it will undoubtedly have happened to someone else and there will be a solution.

I'd just like to say thanks to Cryptsy and the team behind it - you have developed an excellent site with a remarkable range of currencies. I'm sure if the people complaining had the opportunity to sit down and talk with you and think logically they'd appreciate you a lot more.
Deatz

Activity: 12

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:44:24 PM

I can't believe I'm reading this.. I imagine it's the same people that were once crying out for deregulation and getting one over on the bankers who are crying to the regulators over a technical mishap.

Do you guys genuinely believe that "BigVern" is filling his pockets? Has there been one actual instance where funds have disappeared and not been returned?

The people behind Cryptsy aren't anonymous from some foreign land where no one knows.. they are perfectly open, talented American's who are innovators with a start up that has expanded at an alarming rate and is getting quite a lot to handle. As a result they have informed us all they are under a lot of strain but are remedying it - taking on more staff/servers and spending every hour god sends.

Can you comprehend the strain on a system that suddenly had an influx of 400% registrations with magnitude of sales increasing exponentially.. with the selection of currencies which they offer, I'm surprised that there wasn't more down time. They could more than handle the customer service demands at the start of November but with all the new registrants who many of which are late adopters and are inexperienced with trading, currencies and many of whom are clearly not suited to it and encounter problems.

On EVERY single instance I've now heard of where a balance disappears after creating a sell order the following simple solution works - purchase the smallest amount of coins possible, create sell order, cancel sell order and wow - the coins are back in your balance. If any problems arise rather than sending a ticket - check the forum https://cryptsy.freshdesk.com/support/discussions/topics/44674/page/last#post-107199 and it will undoubtedly have happened to someone else and there will be a solution.

I'd just like to say thanks to Cryptsy and the team behind it - you have developed an excellent site with a remarkable range of currencies. I'm sure if the people complaining had the opportunity to sit down and talk with you and think logically they'd appreciate you a lot more.

I couldn't agree more with your analysis and statement. I have used Cryptsy since I started into crypto-currency and that determination was made only after researching other exchanges, some of which no longer exist. Unfortunately patience is like common sense today, it isn't very common.
kimosan

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:44:38 PM
Last edit: December 14, 2013, 08:04:15 PM by kimosan

The owner/operator of Cryptsy is well known as he has repeatedly made it clear he is Paul Vernon from Del Ray Beach,Florida. Cryptsy is registered as a business with the State Florida. As such it makes it very easy to file complaints with the State of Florida over the issues we are having. Cryptsy is in the mid process of filing all the needed applications to enter into a USD market. The last thing they need are multiple complaints about financial mismanagement and issues right now as it would get them nixed pretty quickly. Florida is very aggressive on consumer issues like this and it doesn't matter if you reside outside the USA.

Paul Vernon himself, also know as BigVern needs to come in here and explain what is going on.  Not one of his "lackys" like BitJohn or pr9me but Paul Vernon himself.  I have a combined total of coins in limbo of about 63BTC. Enough is enough. Let us know what is going on or deal with the consequences.

UPDATE:

I took a day off on Thursday December 12th and drove up to Tallahassee to the Florida AG's Office. After about an hour lecture and introduction to Crypto for two Investigators and Assistant AG, I then showed them several exchanges and Cryptsy, who was operating inside the State of Florida. Excited wasn't the word, you would have thought it was Christmas in addition to their jaw's dropping when they saw the volume and the amount of unregulated $$$ flowing through Mr. Vernon's site. They were extremely concerned at the potential fraud that was happening and the theory of a possible multimillion dollar ponzi scheme just seemed to materialize out of thin air. While she said they couldn't determine "if anything was indeed amiss, they were certainly going to be talking to Mr. Vernon as well as contacting their Federal counterparts"

I DO NOT support this at all.

Horrible way to go about getting Paul's attention. Do you honestly believe having the Florida AG's office poking it's nose around a crypto exchange is a good idea?! Seriously?! With all the bs the government is pulling against these things right now? Unbelievable.

Cryptsy trading stresses me the **** out at times but this will not fix anything.

Ulterior motives?
grizmoblust

Activity: 379

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:46:25 PM

ASSHOLE.

Now we're going have more regulations. People like you are fucking part of the problem. Fucking asshole.

░░░▄▀█░░░▄░▄▄░▄░░░█▀▄
▄▄▄▀▀██▀░█▐▌█ ▀██▀▀▄▄▄
▐▌░░░▐▀░▄▀░▐▌░▀▄░▀▌░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▄▀▄▐▌▄▀▄░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░░█░░▀▄░▀▀░▄▀░░█░░░▐▌
▐▌░░▄░█▄░▀▄▐▌▄▀░▄█░▄░░▐▌
▐▌░█▄█░░▀▀▀██▀▀▀░░█▄█░▐▌
▐▌░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▐▌
▐█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▌
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░░░░░▄█▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▄░░░
░░░░▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░█▀▄▄▀▄▄▀█░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░▐▌▐▌
░░░░░░░░█▄░░░░▄█
█▄█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█░░░░▄▄▀▀▀▄▄
░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄██▀█▌▀▄
░░░██▄██▄▄█▀█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄▄▄▄▄█▄█▌█▐█▄█▌█▐█
░░░░█▄█░░░░░█▄▄█▄█▄█▄█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀░░░▀▀▄█▄█▄▀▀

░░░██▄▄░░██░██
▄▄░░░░░▀█░█▄▐▌░░░░░▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▐▌▄█▐▌░░░░█░▀▀
░░░░░░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀░░▄▄
░░░░░░█░▀▀▀▀▀▀▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▄
░░▀▀░░█▄▀▀▀▀▀█▄▀
░░░░░░░█▐▌▀█░█
██▀▀▀▀▀▀▐▌░█░░▀▀▀▀▀▀█
░░░░░░░░██░░▀▀▀▀▀██░██
hypostatization

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 07:55:44 PM

Intent does not matter. Effect does. Cryptsy is causing people to lose money and lose out on opportunity, and that is what matters.

It is great people think BigVern is a likable guy, but negligence is clear and fraud reasonably suspect---even if people think he is swell. It is negligence or fraud. I am not aware of anyone having definitive proof in either direction.

Ultimately, it is Cryptsy itself that is responsible for this situation.

I am sad to see that anyone went to the AG---and do not support that action---but apologists like yourself only encourage misbehavior like this from BigVern.

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
hybridsole

Activity: 944
Merit: 783

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:00:30 PM

UPDATE:

I DO NOT support this at all!

Horrible way to go about getting Paul's attention. Do you honestly believe having the Florida AG's office poking it's nose around a crypto exchange is a good idea??!! Seriously?! With all the bs the government is pulling against these things right now? Unbelievable.

Cryptsy trading stresses me the **** out at times but this will not fix anything.

Ulterior motives?

He is bullshitting.  There is no way he drove to Tallahassee and was able to get a sitdown with the Asst AG unless he has some inside connections (which I doubt).  And on top of this, this issue would not merit their attention. Florida is home to the most online identity theft anywhere in the US and the State AG has much to contend with, it does not have time/resources to look into a virtual commodity exchange.  Crypsy does not deal in US Dollars, and crypto-exchanges exist under the jurisdiction of no official regulators on the local and federal levels.  Outside of breaking any of the State/Federal small business regulations for IT companies, there is nothing that can be done here without first passing some legislation or an executive order.  
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:00:33 PM

Update:

What an asshole

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:02:27 PM

I am cool with the complaint to the AG. BigVern should have known better. he should have closed off new registrations, removed low volume crap coins, removed bots and autosell. Beef up the servers then reinstate all the shit I just mentioned he should have removed.

I can understand a little bit of lag here and there, but when money goes missing for hours/days/weeks, that is unacceptable.

This is the price we pay i guess for trading alts making 1000% plus returns in 24 hours.

For the love of baby satoshi please Cryptsy GET IT TOGETHER!!!

Doublelucky

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:07:38 PM

Update:

You've got to be SHITTING ME!!! WHY?? WHY??

You know how much shit I have on cryptsy? Now I have to worry whether or not this place is going to be shut down randomly and my coins gone?
Fuck you coinhumper ... rocking the boat for no reason except to be some kind of people's hero? I really don't get it..
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:19:47 PM

Hope all of you complaining are registered as MSB's with FINCEN (as per March guidance) before you take legal action about trading virtual currencies...

Have you registered?

I try to be respectful and informed.
oxxymoronn

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:23:14 PM

Update:

This guy really deserves a punch in the face.
There is voicing a concern and working your way to a solution and then there is acting like a whiny little bitch and throwing a temper tantrum.

Guess which one you are!

And by the way you accomplished NOTHING by doing this that will help you get your BTC.

You sir disgust me.
stink

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:27:14 PM

ASSHOLE.

Now we're going have more regulations. People like you are fucking part of the problem. Fucking asshole.

+1

BTC address: 1P4iEGR8oBjr27k3NyzLfi8wraGajMunLg
Cryptsy trade key: 48007eb091500413be905854f1c5d5a42bd9a94b
bitage

Activity: 24

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:27:41 PM

UPDATE:

Do you have the block chain info/transaction id or any proof? Nothing is traded in usd on crypty as of yet so to the US government its just a website for trading coins for coins.

Personally I would never have 63 btc dedicated to cryptsy in any form or shape.
tokyoghetto
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:54:49 PM

Do you have the block chain info/transaction id or any proof? Nothing is traded in usd on crypty as of yet so to the US government its just a website for trading coins for coins.

Personally I would never have 63 btc dedicated to cryptsy in any form or shape.

You need to get updated on recent developments in the cryptoworld. https://www.casascius.com/ just got shut down by finsec even though he wasn't dealing with USD. Same thing will happen to Cryptsy if they catch wind of what is going on.

http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/2013/12/casascius/

Oh although you may never have 63 BTC tied up in Cryptsy, alot of people have that and more in Cryptsy. What is considered alot is all subjective. to some 1 BTC is a fortune and to others its pocket change. In the end Cryptsy needs to be accountable to what is going on.
oxxymoronn

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 08:59:46 PM

Tokyo your equally retarded for supporting this morons course of actions.
rikkejohn

Activity: 644

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 09:05:40 PM

Cryptsy is bringing this on itself. Big Vern promises the site will get better routinely, yet it worsens daily. People are losing trades, have lost money from their accounts but Cryptsy grinds on, adding more trading pairs, promising everything is okay.

It's not okay. Vern should shut the place down, fix the damned platform so it functions properly, then open again for business.

Fact, everyone wants Cryptsy to work. It is the only alt exchange with any volume.

The model, however, does not work and it will collapse unless something special happens over the next day or two (and I don't mean Big Vern tweeting something about a server)

NB: The mods there, Mullick and BitJohn have always been fantastic. They are nice guys, helpful and likable. Just want to point that out to balance my comments about the platform (software related I guess) and 2 of the people that have so far helped run it.

1PkwpyTLo5TfagzCPgjdvQFNVzuEyHViGt
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: