Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:37:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Satoshi has how many Bitcoins?  (Read 8698 times)
jongameson

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 07:51:06 PM

he litearlly owns 1 satoshi.  that's why he called them that. duh
jeppe

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:14:15 PM

good video like it a lot Smiley
smoothrunnings

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 08:54:28 PM

In this video I discus how many bitcoins satoshi is believed to own. I also go into how he mined these coins and talk about why I think they will never be spent.

Enjoy Smiley

Video: http://youtu.be/AWtNeaZxT54

If you think's that's fun, you should think about all the people who started with bitcoin in 2009 and have lost their wallets over time just how many bitcoins that are out there they will never be re-claimed or re-used again.

Cryddit
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1129

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 09:00:07 PM

For those of us who flatly refuse to install flash on a machine we're trying to keep secure, would you care to post the vid in a non-flash format, or even just type here about why you think they'll never be spent?

smoothrunnings

Activity: 616

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 09:45:33 PM

For those of us who flatly refuse to install flash on a machine we're trying to keep secure, would you care to post the vid in a non-flash format, or even just type here about why you think they'll never be spent?

Get yourself a firewall! Smiley

knightcoin

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Stand on the shoulders of giants

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:26:37 PM

I remember talking with him in email when he announced stuff to the crypto list way back in the way back.  He was very intense, in a way you started to realize only slowly.  If you explained a problem, he'd shut up and listen, then work night and day to fix it.  If you *told* him there was a problem, but didn't explain it, he'd badger you until you broke it down and made it exactly clear what you were on about.  Then you wouldn't hear 'boo' from him until it was fixed.  

Sometimes I remember thinking he didn't ever sleep if there was work to be done on the code; he didn't seem to have anything like a schedule other than 24/7 when working on code -- he was as likely to be online at any hour of the day or night as at any other, but wouldn't stay in contact for more than about 30 seconds.  But if there wasn't work to do on code (or if he was talking about the code or trying to get feedback) he seemed most active early in the morning (US/Pacific time). I have no idea if that was 'morning' wherever he was.

I have source code for the original Bitcoin client and miner, from November 2008.  in a RAR archive, if you can believe it.  RAR is obscure now.  Hell, it was obscure in 2008.  Nobody but an olde-skool dyed-in-the-wool download geek from way back in the 1980s would be all that likely to use it, and the number of people who'd even heard of it was dwindling fast by that point.

No RPC, no UPNP, no QT, barely any use of Boost.  It's just two files of C++ code.

I can confirm that the blockchain restarted several times while the kinks were getting worked out. The original code  has a different 'genesis block' hash.

Mathematicians Modus Operant  Grin ( A $1 million prize from the Clay Mathematics Institute in Cambridge, Massachusetts has been declined by renowned Russian mathematician Grigory Perelman. He is famous for solving seemingly impossible mathematical problems and also solved the Poincaré conjecture for which he is being awarded this prize )  Its also reminds me my childhood's bestfriend he is japanese descendant, and he is f*cking good in maths, boy I telling you they follow their passion and their passion no money can buy ... probably Satoshi still more interest about those blood elliptic curves ...  Grin

http://youtu.be/7FnXgprKgSE?t=10m15s  

Cool

http://www.introversion.co.uk/
mit/x11 licence 18.x/16|o|3ffe ::71
t1000

Activity: 182

View Profile
December 26, 2013, 10:46:30 PM

I know how many satoshi bitcoin has.

Did you find my posts helpful? Did I say say something nice? Your generosity is much appreciate.
BTC: 1G7chBLoYqGfdyfkrox53yDn6sS65PgFYk
LTC: LiYeFdbv5oxin9S3Wmn4v84LuGZ9nsE4XZ
ThePanCakeKid95 (OP)

Activity: 418
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 03:42:42 AM

I'm so glad that even weeks later people are still excited over all of this Smiley
MrPalmer

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 04:19:32 AM

In this video I discus how many bitcoins satoshi is believed to own. I also go into how he mined these coins and talk about why I think they will never be spent.

Enjoy Smiley

Video: http://youtu.be/AWtNeaZxT54

Thanks for the video, OP.  Interesting stuff..

cryptocoiner

Activity: 602

hyperboria - next internet

View Profile WWW
December 30, 2013, 06:40:10 AM

u better tell who satoshi is =)

ThePanCakeKid95 (OP)

Activity: 418
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 30, 2013, 06:46:58 PM

lol I wish I knew, I have a few people I've considered based on my own research, that no one has yet said, but morally I believe no one should ever know who he is, so I shall not give ideas Smiley
eoJ

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 07:56:05 PM

Install flash, and just use noscript?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: