Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:02:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Worldcoin price jumping!  (Read 1484 times)
btcprice (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 09:07:10 PM

Who is buying Worldcoin so much? The 24 hour low was 0.0005. Now it's up to 0.00075. That's a 50% rise in 1 day!

QRK is up today as well.

Good to hear alt coins are starting to come back.
mr_random
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 09:09:19 PM

Could it be due to this?

http://i4.minus.com/jbm5dCsULT4wUM.png
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 09:12:17 PM

Honestly doesn't matter. The Chinese are already trading on Cryptsy. They have access to all these coins already. If the price goes up, it will be a temporary rise, nothing more.

hypostatization

Activity: 350

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 09:12:48 PM

Worldcoin has a direct to USD exchange launching (beta) this month. WDC offers speed; we all know how slow BTC transaction can be. I cannot count how many deals I have missed out on while waiting for transfers from Coinbase to various exchanges to confirm.

In addition WDC is rapidly gaining traction with foreign exchanges:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=360682.0

As far as competition goes, SBC is the strongest that I see on the field.

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
btcprice (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 09:12:54 PM

That makes sense.

Thanks for posting.
btcprice (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 09:16:08 PM

Honestly doesn't matter. The Chinese are already trading on Cryptsy. They have access to all these coins already. If the price goes up, it will be a temporary rise, nothing more.

I wasn't aware of that.

I do believe that more Chinese will trade in the coin if it's at btc38.com even though they may have had the ability to trade on Cryptsy. Some people prefer to trade with exchanges in their home country. Others may not have been aware they could trade at Cryptsy.
Hazard
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 09:19:02 PM

Worldcoin has a direct to USD exchange launching (beta) this month. WDC offers speed; we all know how slow BTC transaction can be. I cannot count how many deals I have missed out on while waiting for transfers from Coinbase to various exchanges to confirm.
I hope you're not talking about scharmbeck, the latest pump and dump scam from the worldcoin crew... Did people forget the whole UNOCS fiasco already? Roll Eyes

hypostatization

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 09:23:24 PM

I hope you're not talking about scharmbeck, the latest pump and dump scam from the worldcoin crew... Did people forget the whole UNOCS fiasco already? Roll Eyes

I think Scharmbeck as a business is wildly overvalued. However, I think its value to WDC is tremendous.

A major stumbling blocks for making crytpos useful is actually acquiring them. Generally, the path to most alts goes like this: fiat -> BTC -> WDC

USD <-> WDC will be huge for easing adoption. And once that is in place, I would rather deal in WDC than BTC as my base currency for trading. I hate missing out on deals while waiting for BTC confirmations. I expect commerce will feel the same way.

xrptalk.org :: setup a wallet + trade all currencies :: gateway reviews @ coinist.co :: deposit to buy xrp @ snapswap [now supporting PayPal withdrawls + instant ACH transfer deposits]
CrossCoin Ventures startup accelerator - offering XRP funding up to $50,000 USD equivalent
Hazard
Legendary

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 09:26:04 PM

I think Scharmbeck as a business is wildly overvalued. However, I think its value to WDC is tremendous.

A major stumbling blocks for making crytpos useful is actually acquiring them. Generally, the path to most alts goes like this: fiat -> BTC -> WDC

USD <-> WDC will be huge for easing adoption. And once that is in place, I would rather deal in WDC than BTC as my base currency for trading. I hate missing out on deals while waiting for BTC confirmations. I expect commerce will feel the same way.
This is implying that scharmbeck will ever come to fruition. The worldcoin crew is famous for making fake promises that never amount to anything... Pump and dumps, for the past 6 months now. All they ever do.

hypostatization

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 09:31:38 PM

This is implying that scharmbeck will ever come to fruition. The worldcoin crew is famous for making fake promises that never amount to anything... Pump and dumps, for the past 6 months now. All they ever do.

I agree that there is definitely risk there---and I have my own doubts. I have no investment in Scharmbeck itself. Measuring the risk versus reward, and looking at the coin itself, as well as its growing adoption---I feel comfortable with an investment in WDC, moreso than any other coin at the moment. SBC is a close second.

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 09:37:04 PM

Yes jumping off a cliff  Shocked
AZIZ1977

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 10:07:06 PM

Yes jumping off a cliff  Shocked

lol
notaek
Legendary

Activity: 1268
Merit: 1009

View Profile WWW
December 07, 2013, 10:15:30 PM

The UNOCS fiasco was largely due to the Phenixcoin guys.  What are some other examples of their fake promises and pump and dumps that they are apparently famous for?

btcprice (OP)

View Profile
December 07, 2013, 10:53:50 PM

That would be huge! It's a pain having to go through BTC to buy everything.
BIT4BRAIN

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 01:43:51 AM

sharmbeck is in beta, they have a anroid app as well.

worldcoin is at .50 range on avg from a start of a lowlow. I was told about them about a month or so ago and have followed them up to almost 1.00 now at a steady half dollar.  2014 will be a big year for worldcoin and crypto.  I predict the 1st to 2nd quarter of 2014 being great for worldcoin.  It's about the community and the World.  Best name, good speeds and a nice community.  Besides  Bitcoin and Litecoin worldcoin is my #1 Pick!

Read today scharmbeck shares at .019, started at .005.  Not a bad investment. Hmm wonder what wdc was at when shares sold?  I still think investing in coins and companies for coins is the top two things to do with retirement.  Look at Asia's richest man!

Or look at coinbase as they are the Castle which helped new users to obtain bitcoins.

฿it 4 ฿rain : ฿itcoin
shirleyhartley022

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 07:31:05 AM

LMAO
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: