Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 07:45:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining for the little guy isn't dead  (Read 6092 times)
Acidyo

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Will Bitcoin Rise Again to $60,000?

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 03:21:52 AM

Another really great way for the little guys to mine are sites like hashco.ws that mine the current most profitable altcoin and autotrade them into bitcoins for you and even with a shitty gtx 670 I am getting 0.005btc a day.
RB25

Activity: 831
Merit: 500

BitSong is a decentralized music streaming platfor

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 05:41:46 PM

When it comes to mining, I am a little guy. I didn't buy equipment with the purpose of mining. I built a new PC after my previous one took a dump on me after 7 reliable years. I put together a PC to do office/some editing/ play my games. Only after I built it, did I learn about mining coins. So, what else am I going to do with my PC when I am away from it? Might as well do some mining.

I am doing it because its fun and interesting and I am learning new things about digital currencies and computers. Will I become filthy rich? Who knows? Maybe. That would be nice.

I mostly mine alts, but it adds up after a while. I rotate coins every couple of days and slowly build wallets.

So, here I am, mining with my 2 GPU system, getting some different coins here and there, reading about it all and learning. A little guy.

.BITSONG.
████
████
████
████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████

████
            ████
            ████
            ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
████    ████
██
██
██
██
██        ██
██  ██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██  ██
██  ██  ██  ██
      ██  ██  ██
            ██
.▬▬▬▬TELEGRAM▬▬▬▬.
⇪  CHANNEL   ⇪    GROUP   ⇪
Twitter  Facebook  Medium
n00dles0up

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 08:08:05 PM

I only mine, got 4 v2 blades going now, and 2 x-1 black arrows on order.

For me it is another hobby, another expensive hobby, I'm a ham so yeah either way I will spend money doing something.

So far the proceeds pays the electric bill, which is nice.

Where did you get the 2 x-1's pre-orders? Black arrow minimum quantity is ten.

minersource.net

Is minersource safe? I am in the UK. What can I expect from the delivery/customs side of things? I really want to get an x-1, but dont want to be boned on customs tax etc.

Can anyone shed some light for me?
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 08:32:04 PM

minersource is definitely legit authorised resellers.
there are rumours of an eu reseller being sorted, though, see the blackarrow thread

n00dles0up

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 09:31:50 PM

minersource is definitely legit authorised resellers.
there are rumours of an eu reseller being sorted, though, see the blackarrow thread

Thanks for confirming its legit. Do you know anything about the delivery and customs/VAT part of it? Do you know if the minersource price includes delivery?

This is probably better suited if I ask someone at minersource, but I am hoping someone in the forums who live in the UK and have used them, to give their experience.

Thanks
railzand

Activity: 462

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
December 16, 2013, 09:41:08 PM

uk delivery on an x-1 was 50$ plus or 100$ plus for faster
I didn't even ask about customs/VAT, but I'm guessing the shipper will ring me up when it's at heathrow and say Customs need 20%.
It all adds up doesn't it? Minersource do hosting, you could save maybe by not importing it. They are cool guys, very approachable, but always very busy. hth

zhinkk

Activity: 266

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 12:00:35 PM

I don't get you guys. You want to spend thousands to get 200-300 Gh/s KNOWING that you willl only get ~0.03 a day when difficulty goes high in march or whatever.

Why not just build a multi-gpu setup for less than 2k, mine scrypt coins, sell for bitcoins? Easily earn more than than you would spend mining bitcoins with FPGA. It isn't DEAD for the little guy, it's just INEFFICIENT.
n00dles0up

View Profile
December 17, 2013, 02:09:34 PM

No one here is spending thousands for 200-300GH/s.

Get your maths right and understand that some of us are talking about new technology from the like of BA's X-1's for $352/0.4bt for 100GH/s - Hardly thousands now.

Spending thousands with BA will get you 2TH's. So chillout.
DrG
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 04:08:47 AM

I don't get you guys. You want to spend thousands to get 200-300 Gh/s KNOWING that you willl only get ~0.03 a day when difficulty goes high in march or whatever.

Why not just build a multi-gpu setup for less than 2k, mine scrypt coins, sell for bitcoins? Easily earn more than than you would spend mining bitcoins with FPGA. It isn't DEAD for the little guy, it's just INEFFICIENT.

Because the second you drop $10k into a bunch of GPUs and rigs all the scrypt coins will tank in price and the exchange rate will be pathetic....  or is that just me  Embarrassed
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: