Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:43:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: It's over. Bitcoin is finished.  (Read 19463 times)
Bobbydiggital

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:57:39 AM

i think its hard to say, like the BTC is very unpredictable at the moment, lets wait and see!
freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:58:07 AM

The last bubble was bitcoin's last hope for establishing itself, now that it's crashed in the middle of the media spotlight, no one will have confidence in it anymore. Have fun holding the last tulip when it all comes crashing down. Serves the gullible idiots right for buying into a ponzi scheme posing as a fake currency.

Noob 101 Smiley

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Swapster

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:01:00 AM

Alan Greenspan, the guy who didn't see the housing bubble, the guy who saw fit to lower interest rates to such a low that saving doesn't make sense, the guy who thought endless printing of the dollar would bode well for future generations… and the guy who just goes along with all the military spending… he can't come up with any reason why a decentralized, electronic currency might have some value.

I guess Alan can load up a million dollars worth of cash or gold and travel around the world with it. I'm sure Alan could send $10 million to China and incur no fees. He's a real genius. Maybe that old kook should just shut up when he isn't sure about something.
lindatess

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:02:46 AM

Alan Greenspan, the guy who didn't see the housing bubble, the guy who saw fit lower interest rates to such a low that saving doesn't make sense, the guy who thought endless printing of the dollar would bode well for future generations… and the guy who just goes along with all the military spending… he can't come up with any reason why a decentralized, electronic currency might have some value.

I guess Alan can load up a million dollars worth of cash or gold and travel around the world with it. I'm sure Alan could send $10 million to China and incur no fees. He's a real genius. Maybe that old kook should just shut up when he isn't sure about something.

He saw the Bubble clearly this time.

It's like Donald Trump. You fail many times, but one time you will be correct and make millions.

I wonder if Greenspan was shorting bitcoins. Smart guy.

It's just the collective people decide to speculate and game the central bank. The central banks aren't delusional, they are fixing one problem, the immediate problem, but cause another problem to be fixed later. That's better than having the old problem stay there forever. Greenspan is a hero.

Modern example: Without QE, the United States would undoubtedly be in a worse state.

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:09:48 AM

... buying opportunity Smiley

Back above 1200 by March-April. Some bigger money is getting itself well-positioned, it is how each phase has played out as the total capitalisation value allows bigger players to enter ... as the previous (smaller) fish are trying to exit ...

lindatess

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:10:58 AM

... buying opportunity Smiley

Back above 1200 by March-April. Some bigger money is getting itself well-positioned, it is how each phase has played out as the total capitalisation value allows bigger players to enter ... as the previous (smaller) fish are trying to exit ...

Good luck, I'd rather wait until it actually starts rising.

If it doesn't rise, then you could be waiting years. Don't forget the opportunity cost of money.

beetcoin

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:42:19 AM

hey OP, do you think that i could possibly reserve a spot in one of your run-for-the-hills bunkers?
oxxymoronn

Activity: 84

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:43:47 AM

The last bubble was bitcoin's last hope for establishing itself, now that it's crashed in the middle of the media spotlight, no one will have confidence in it anymore. Have fun holding the last tulip when it all comes crashing down. Serves the gullible idiots right for buying into a ponzi scheme posing as a fake currency.

lol, thanks
navidos

Activity: 101

Life Goes On !

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:46:50 AM

I'm just wondering why you are here and posting sh** =))

Then go away and let us do the job without baby boys.
lindatess

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:48:41 AM

Censorship, Aren't you a liberal invested in bitcon too?

Everyone needs to debate the merits of bitcoin.

I have to admit I have lost some money but that's fine with me. I knew the ponzi game. But for those who weren't informed. They should be able to discuss what happened.

Practice what you preach.

greenlion

Activity: 667
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:09:22 AM

Let's talk about reality here. The crash can only hurt people in two possible scenarios --

1) You panic sold right at the bottom or close to it and can't rebuy your original BTC holdings, in which case you were whale food.

2) You literally JUST bought Bitcoins for the very first time a few days ago and are pissed at their current dollar value.

The solution to this entire problem is not to scream "ponzi scheme" and embarrass yourself like a complete moron.

The following helpful tips will prevent anyone from having to rush onto the internet to create a thread about complete crybaby bullshit --

- Don't buy Bitcoins with money that you absolutely need anytime soon, because if you do you're a moron
- Don't sell all your Bitcoins in panic just because the price goes down, because if you do you're moron
- If you don't know anything whatsoever about technical trading, just stick your Bitcoins in an offline wallet and come back in a few years, because caring about the dollar price on a day-to-day basis, again, makes you a moron.
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:33:34 AM

worth pointing out that the last "bubble" when it hit around $200+ it had a huge amount of media attention as well and then crashed as well.

when the market is still so small it's pretty hard if not impossible to look at huge price swings like this and come to a conclusion about the longevity of bitcoin.

if you want a better idea of how bitcoin will do long term then right now it's better to focus on how bitocoin is expanding for businesses and consumers to use. in the front bitcoin is still growing very fast regardless of the price.  so that's a pretty good sign that bitcoin is here to stay and someday in the future there will be less volatility

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:40:39 AM

Don't forget to hand over your Bitcoins on the way out.  Grin

Oh, you mean the US dollar has gained value over the last 100 years.

A little bit of inflation isn't going to wipe out your savings anytime soon.

It's impossible for the USD to collapse anytime soon. Too many countries have large reserves in it to let it fail.
And as Alan Greenspan put it: “The United States can pay any debt it has, because we can always print money to do that. So there is zero probability of default,”

...and you call us gullible.  Roll Eyes

I would never be caught dead holding bitcoins.

then why even create an account on here and post.... just looking for people to troll ? surely there's better things to do, no ?

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
pand70

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:44:38 AM

Although bitcoin is far from finished it was a big hit and everyone that doesn't see that is just a fool.
It was a hit because it remind it to everyone how volatile bitcoin still is and negative press will focus on that from now on.

saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:45:52 AM

havent even read the rest of this thread. 

but if this is the general noob sentiment of someone with activity 25 then...

i'm getting ready to buy back in!  woo

lm2f (OP)

Activity: 82

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:48:19 AM

I've been here longer than you. I don't have bitcoins but I post here with hopes of turning young, gullible minds away from falling for the scam that is bitcoin.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 04:52:13 AM

Don't forget to hand over your Bitcoins on the way out.  Grin

Oh, you mean the US dollar has gained value over the last 100 years.

A little bit of inflation isn't going to wipe out your savings anytime soon.

It's impossible for the USD to collapse anytime soon. Too many countries have large reserves in it to let it fail.
And as Alan Greenspan put it: “The United States can pay any debt it has, because we can always print money to do that. So there is zero probability of default,”

...and you call us gullible.  Roll Eyes

I would never be caught dead holding bitcoins.

Then why the fuck are you on this forum, pray tell?
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 5142

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:52:41 AM

Censorship, Aren't you a liberal invested in bitcon too?

Everyone needs to debate the merits of bitcoin.

I have to admit I have lost some money but that's fine with me. I knew the ponzi game. But for those who weren't informed. They should be able to discuss what happened.

Practice what you preach.

Lol.   "Go away" does not equal censorship.

You've got a way of blowing things out of proportion I think.
pand70

Activity: 476

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 05:00:42 AM

I don't think that we should take so lightly the fact that many people will get scared from bitcoin's volatility. And indeed this time is different because of the increased media attention.

saddambitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 05:51:02 AM

I don't think that we should take so lightly the fact that many people will get scared from bitcoin's volatility. And indeed this time is different because of the increased media attention.

yes, soon we will see waves of bad media attention about volatility scaring away new investors.  a few months of uncertainty will follow.  the price will then achieve a placid stability for several days, weeks, or months...until

THE NEXT ROCKET to $10000

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: