Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 05:09:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Dictators using blockchain - threat to democracy?  (Read 160 times)
kriptokraker (OP)

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:23:34 PM

Some blockchain technologies support dictatorships around the world, thus help them evolve. For example, NEM was involved in creation of El petro in collaboration with Venezuelan government, which is obviously a dictatorship, and gained support from non-democratic Russia. It also tries to establish blockchain in failed states, such as Abkhazia, and Armenia, where political stability leaves much to be desired.
Is it ok for dictators to possess blockchain or is it an obvious threat to democracy? What do you think?
3kpk3

Activity: 896
Merit: 148

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 12:31:23 PM

Interesting question. If banks cannot stop Bitcoin, why do you think dictators can stop it? Do you think dictators like the North Korean general are not involved with crypto? It is very likely that many world leaders have been involved with crypto as whales for quite sometime, but they do not state their involvement for obvious reasons. They manipulate the cryptocurrency market whenever they feel it would be profitable for them. At the end of the day, dictators are also simply investors and I do not think they pose a problem to the crypto market and blockchain.

jgaltt

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:29:35 PM

I think that even if platforms such as NEM don't support them, dictators still can can access cryptocurrency and make money on them, without affecting the world anyhow. Another question is whether it is good or not when such companies officially support dictatorships and even kinda endorse them. It's like releasing a killer from a cell and giving him a weapon right into his arms
jgaltt

Activity: 34

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 02:43:33 PM

I think I stated my view not quite clear. But what meant is that by endorsing them, they give ductators positive image and an air of being progressive when in fact their system is rudimentary and no real development is possible without democracy
mpufatzis

Activity: 840
Merit: 128

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 06:53:16 AM

Digital coins, altcoins, and blockchain technology is the future in financial transactions. The fact that they use it, doesn't mean that they are visionaries. They would like probably to avoid the economic exclusion, as Venezuela did with El Pedro or as the bank institutions would say, to laundry money. Venezuela is a big oil producer, but due to the embargo can't sell it. Cryptocurrencies could be a resource.
alian17

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2018, 07:01:27 AM

According to my point of view. The creation of encrypted money is not to be pursued by banks and government agencies. For example, criminals. Hacker. And so on, all through encrypted currency to avoid sanctions. This is the essence of the encrypted currency. So when a country can use the encrypted currency to get rid of its current predicament, they have no choice but to issue their own token.

Neutro               More than a blockchain
          Join The WHITELIST         
Telegram     Twitter     Linkedin     Github     Medium
Clara.Wilfred

Activity: 60
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 07:05:48 AM

Some blockchain technologies support dictatorships around the world, thus help them evolve. For example, NEM was involved in creation of El petro in collaboration with Venezuelan government, which is obviously a dictatorship, and gained support from non-democratic Russia. It also tries to establish blockchain in failed states, such as Abkhazia, and Armenia, where political stability leaves much to be desired.
Is it ok for dictators to possess blockchain or is it an obvious threat to democracy? What do you think?

Bollocks, and sorry for coming off strong. I think the countries trying to utilise cryptocurrency are doing so to get around the crippling sanctions placed on them by the west. How is it an ok thing to punish citizens of a country for the actions of their leaders? The only people effected by sanctions are the poor. Seems pretty counterintuitive to me
hiddenmist

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 01:20:48 PM

Blockchain technology has nothing to do with democracy. Anyone can use it on good and bad purpose. If you try to restrict it then it is not democracy at all. Democracy is US is not democracy at all. They have many new laws that contradicts democracy.

aviven

Activity: 38

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:53:05 PM

Digital coins, altcoins, and blockchain technology is the future in financial transactions. The fact that they use it, doesn't mean that they are visionaries. They would like probably to avoid the economic exclusion, as Venezuela did with El Pedro or as the bank institutions would say, to laundry money. Venezuela is a big oil producer, but due to the embargo can't sell it. Cryptocurrencies could be a resource.

For Venezuelan leader Maduro El Petro is just an instrument to overcome sanctions, too bad that this might be a factor which contributes to his political position.
Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:16:59 PM

Come on, please leave democracy or dictatorship out of this. Everyone is free to use or promote the technology. It does not matter which country or which leader.
kriptokraker (OP)

Activity: 30

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:31:49 PM

I agree that it's technology of future but the fact that anyone could use it to launder money or whatever bad purpose kinda bothers me
Psynthax

Activity: 2296
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:36:20 PM

It is ok in my opinion, you should have seen not only dictators but some democratics were using blockchain to develop the more transparency. It's not a threat to the democracy but as far as i know just like petro and it has the purpose to raised the dollar to be the reserved funds for venezuela, blockchain just act like a money machine.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Polipog

Activity: 168

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:40:59 PM

I do believe that mostly people involve and founded on this business are more on high profile persons like political leaders that handled biggest position. Like for example a certain leader like president on a certain country, so we can determine that this business are now successfully operated because of the brilliant people involve on this business like big groups of political leaders who support and founded and like a real person who build on this particular business. And I really believe that because of them this business are now strongly standing in the line as being called a cryptocurrency business. So those leaders are act like a dictators using blockchain and treated into democracy.
SimpeleSimpele

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:41:24 PM

without problem, if goverment or country create coin create token to get money and develop county
whatever dictators or  not without problem
loan G to G or open ico to develop country is good open ico,
leezay

Activity: 363
Merit: 100

SWISSREALCOIN - FIRST REAL ESTATE CRYPTO TOKEN

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 10:52:13 PM

I think that we should stay as far as possible of the politics. The moment the politics get deeply involved they will just destroy everything.
I like the way block-chain works and the decentralisation, but this will not work well in the politics world.

farnandezetn

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 06:14:17 AM

I think that dictators are using blockchain is democracy and not a threat. In my opinion dictators will help the crypto world and users of crypto world will be benefited by it.
tomwell

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:02:45 AM

Yes you are right. This might happen by the dictators. I think this is the limitation of blockchain and in this regard security assurance need to be stronger to avoid leaking any confidential information.
lunaelucemauram

Activity: 196

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 08:17:27 AM

With the anonymous status of every person in the internet along with cryptocurrency then most likely that many people in the different government around the world will likely to use it. It can be to generals to corrupt government officials  to buy anything they want in the black market.
salinagomez

Activity: 266

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:43:27 AM

From my perspective I think detectors may threat for democracy. Because they always wants to dominate everywhere and it is not good for democracy or crypto currency.
enhu
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1018

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 10:59:18 AM

Blockchain technology is for all to use. It can be use not just in cryptocurrencies which is good. Don't we like it to be used by a government? So there it is, it prove itself that it can be useful is any manner. We are not to oppose all these as its free to be used, it is in fact to be encourage. If banks are going to use it, so be it.

██████████ BitcoinCleanUp.comDebunking Bitcoin's Energy Use ██████████
██████████                Twitter#EndTheFUD                 ██████████
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: