Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 05:14:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE CRASH OF THE BITCOIN BUBBLE HAS BEGUN! SEE CHART.  (Read 4802 times)
imbladednow

Activity: 481
Merit: 500

Woking as a binman sucks.

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:15:47 PM

It's not a speculative bubble. The only thing capable of damaging bitcoin's value is government laws and network flaws (I doubt the latter will happen). Otherwise it will only go up simply because they are limited. Bitcoins are pretty much not very well known at all and they are already almost 1000 dollars per 1 bitcoin... think about that.

Yes, this is obvious, hardly anyone I know heard about Bitcoin yet. But a lot need to be improved to make buy and sell of Bitcoins much easier for average person first

I need crypto in my life and garbage out of it.
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 03:39:21 PM

This will be about the 3rd "crash" then.

look at the chart:
June 2011 - raising to 30+$ and crashing to ~5$

April 2013 - raising to 250+$ and crashing to ~50$

Dec 2013 - raising to 1200+$ and crashing to ~ 600$
yet, maybe a little more, but anyway...
my further prediction will be:

somewhere in 2014:
raising to ~6000$ and crashing to ~1000$

somewhere in 2015 or earlier:
raising to ~30000$ and crashing to ~5000$

and so on... up to about half a million, what's it's real wearth...
raspcoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:12:13 PM

I cannot tell which affiliations you have with the publisher of the book, nor with the agenda it represents. Your theory has been unable to predict the future in cryptocurrencies so far (including the recent correction to $950); ergo, is it not unreasonable to describe it as misinformative. Your attempt to change topic to personal rights does not strengthen your thesis.

ahaha! "I cannot tell which affiliations you have with the publisher of the book" you are a hoot!  yes, b/c i'm going to make SO MUCH money off a book that none of the young ppl like you (who think this time is different from every other time in history) think is worth reading and therefore will never buy or download off bittorrent.  and books are such a good moneymaker these days!

besides i'm simply a working joe who used to trade stocks and dabbles in technical analysis.

"the agenda it represents" omg.  its a historical book that was written in 1954.  too bad b/c galbraith can't profit off showing that every bubble in history has burst.  b/c he's DEAD.

you can take off your tinfoil hat now.  don't worry i'm not a part of the great conspiracy by the powers that be to bring down btc.

here we go again, its not my theory.  i didn't make any prediction of the future of cryptocurrencies.  i simply expect the speculative bubble that btc is currently in to burst.  its an opinion.  take it or leave it.  

don't take yourself so seriously.  you'll live longer.

this is going to be my new sig

"ANY DOUBTERS ARE PERCEIVED BY THE TRUE BELIEVERS AS ATTACKING THEIR VERY PERSON."

I welcome your decision to smear the involved participants rather than their interests, not everyone is capable of accepting defeat (even with an obscured white flag). Now that your mission is forsaken, you should go and have some fun, get a bitcoin and see what you can do with it. Of course, your apparent lack of financial muscles makes the endeavour more difficult to realize, but you could still try, you will not regret it.

jones31

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:53:13 PM

This is my first post on this forum, but I've been warning people on other sites and Twitter that at this time BTC is in a bubble, but no one wanted to listen.  I was attacked ferociously for my short term bearish view.  That is one of the SUREST signs that a bubble is about to pop.  The "true believers" attack any opposing view as ridiculous.

Look at this chart showing the stages of a bubble.  Bitcoin believers defending this drop as no big deal, buying opportunity, from weak hands to strong hands etc. etc.  THIS IS THE DENIAL STAGE.  Long way to go before believers hit DESPONDENCY.

https://twitter.com/YachtsOnTheReg/status/409383193796550656/photo/1

So , how did things turned up two days after your predicament?
Should I also write in Bold? That the bubble didn't pop?

Any new prediction?
How do you see how things have evolved and how will they in the future?
coincrasher

Activity: 3

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:51:25 PM

This is the problem with using the "coin" or "currency" metaphor with bitcoin.  People start thinking of it like a collectible or a tulip or some tangible thing.  Bitcoin will always have value, because of it's UTILITY.  It's a technology that is globally useful.  The speculation is irrelevant in the long term, it's just proving that the tech can handle it.
cunixion

Activity: 48

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 02:59:00 AM

The reaction of China to limit activity with crypto currencies is just another setback for bitcoin, there is probably some way to go before a major correction occurs, bitcoin is more vulnerable to software flows than governement policies.
Sephera

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 03:10:21 AM

Hi

Does anyone anticipate it will go down to 500 or 600 in the next few days.
solarflare

Activity: 63

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 03:47:37 AM

When it gets back to $2 I'll call it a crash.

If it gets ever gets to $2, i'm buying in large! Tongue

I suspect that is what the OP hope ultimatly is...

To get coins on the cheep.

If it gets to $2 for a good reason you might still not want to buy.
But I don't see it ever going bellow $100 even for a really bad news. Too many people will simply see it as an opportunity to get cheap coins.
noandrewm

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:05:41 AM

WOW, this topic really helps me on catching up BTC status Shocked
solarflare

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:07:55 AM

Hi

If there is a bad news, yes, definitely (imo, the market is recovering but remains fragile).
If not, then I don't see any reason why.
fgjfgh63

Activity: 14

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 04:24:54 AM

it will not happen
Sephera

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 04:32:51 AM

Hi

If there is a bad news, yes, definitely (imo, the market is recovering but remains fragile).

Is it possible that it can drop to around like on Monday? 700 or so.
solarflare

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:58:33 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2013, 12:30:10 PM by solarflare

Hi

Is it possible that it can drop to around like on Monday? 700 or so.

Well, if you compare with April's correction, and if you believe the same thing will happen, then we could be at $800 by Friday.
I took the risk and sold at $960, I intend to buy back at $800 (and below).

Edit: looks like we already made it...
Lone Wolf (OP)

Activity: 42

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 06:10:17 AM

bump.  compare your emotions to the chart at this time.  then draw your own conclusions.

https://twitter.com/YachtsOnTheReg/status/410326529634103296/photo/1
prophete

Activity: 11

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 06:47:03 AM

Hmm that's interesting, but only time will show us what's up, personally I don't think its a big deal.
iPaulito

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

1EDwkxCjCMGGNQqZdxa8FwheMHXSoQe4TU

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:13:55 AM

Of course every bubble bursts. But BTC has already made 3 complete bubbles. The biggest catalyst for BTC will be another crysis and fund confiscation. As BTC is compared to gold, when stock market crashes BTC will skyrocket even without China. And that QE will stop one day and interest rates will rise causing stock market to crash is very probable to happen during next 5 years. I think the best place to buy will be around $250 but current $500 is not a bad place either for long term holders which are late to the party
m4552669

Activity: 6

View Profile
December 18, 2013, 08:30:35 AM

Late adopter here (bought in at 900+)

Like some other posts mention, these swings are very normal and have happened before. Gotta admit though, it takes a little getting used to.

Hold..its the end of the year, profit booking and festive gifting affect all markets, At least, that's what one may keep telling themselves to not panic sell.

Hold...this ship isn't sinking yet.
furezasan

Activity: 67

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2013, 08:32:17 AM

BitcoinAllianceCanada

Activity: 4

View Profile
December 19, 2013, 08:46:43 PM

You really haven't said anything with your post. You've just added more noise to the space, without much sound reasoning. Tell us something profound and intuitive, something no one else has said yet. Maybe you might have more support if you do so next time.

Not trying to sound adversarial. If you have an apt macro view that applies to the micro actions of buyers and sellers, then your post will be valuable and help a lot of people either make money, or not lose it. But this post is nothing more than "China said this" and "Bitcoin has no real value because of that." If that's all that's been put up, then these arguments have been addressed before.
adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 09:45:31 PM

when people was buying tullips for 100000 times the intrinsic value i am sure they didn't though it was a bouble, the intrinsic value of bitcoin is likely to be belove $10, the rest is pure speculation similar to the art overprices.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: