Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:06:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: THE CRASH OF THE BITCOIN BUBBLE HAS BEGUN! SEE CHART.  (Read 4804 times)
EMIYA

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2014, 10:20:08 PM

It's still too early to tell a crash. And what, this happened a couple of times throughout bitcoin's lifespan? When the prices plummet, they slowly rose back up. Pure speculation.
raspcoin

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:19:56 AM

It certainly does not look like a crash has begun. The decline appears to have been a one-time correction.

T.Eric

Activity: 15

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:29:20 AM

Yes,We'll finally return to the norm.
Appullz

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 04:52:32 AM

Can't take anybody who was burned in the dotcom bubble seriously.  You were a standard idiot then.  You can't be a genius now. 

Anyway, currencies do not operate like stocks.  Even if they did, obvious shorts like Tesla and FB have blown away your bubble theory.  You are naive to how young currencies behave, most of us are, and you have no basis to make a call. 
LRCGROUP

Activity: 34

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 09:09:14 AM

Bubbles occur when too much money is chasing too few assets, causing both good assets and bad assets to appreciate excessively beyond their fundamentals to an unsustainable level.

My Opinion:  "BitCoin can not play on both sides of the railroad tracks.  BitCoin is a singular asset and can not be devalued through a monatary debt structure.  Lending on BitCoin simply can not work in this fashion.  To few coins ensures its strength.  You either have them or you do not.  A clear line between fiat currency and BitCoin needs to be drawn.  View BitCoin for what it is, it is simply a BitCoin.  Nothing more nothing less.  In this juncture most see the BitCoin purchase power as fiat currency.  In the beginning this is needed, but down the line the transformation needs to occur and then fiat currency will no longer matter".

Once this occurs the term Bubble will be dead.  Deflation will ensure this.
Elendariel

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 10:07:33 AM

Lol at op and his foil hat  Wink

I made so much money off this crash and now it is going back slowly where it should be, one step closer to my dream!

Found me helpful? Feel free to assist me too! : LTC  - Lf3JRFRNqdaFg6CF8931XoYBZABEPSUtit
                                                                    BTC   - 182izToMh6JXqRRYBZS4PKgyMgYpcPEZZ4
                                                                        IOC - idTCxXXB3Wz7Tk2CVq3VEKTdytrWPywaU6
afr0m3n

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 10:53:50 AM

Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!
Kotina

Activity: 53

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 12:57:34 PM

I think it might crrash, but when so much people with over 1000 BTC want to sell it, because almost would much happy with 800k $ then 1k BTC
florianuhlemann

Activity: 378

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 01:27:44 PM

I consider the first bubble popped after it hit 1200$ a while ago. This really marked a very high bar for the future, but it has also shown that bitcoin is far beyond it's original value of under 100USD...

Over Xmas and NewYear we hung around 700$ish and that seemed to be both due to lower trades but also has proven to be a little supporting base that has been established there.

It certainly ain't over yet - and in my opinion, bitcoins are really going to leave a permanent impression on us as well as the financial markets.

Just my 5 cents
Cheers
Florian
gripflierGO

Activity: 533
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 02:11:56 PM

when people was buying tullips for 100000 times the intrinsic value i am sure they didn't though it was a bouble, the intrinsic value of bitcoin is likely to be belove $10, the rest is pure speculation similar to the art overprices.

LOL, how you come to true intrinsic value of bitcoin about $10 ?  Cheesy
sidhujag
Legendary

Activity: 2044
Merit: 1005

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:02:28 PM

You sell when that negative coworker/family member/friend who vowed to never buy bitcoin because its "stupid" and in "thin air" buys. Or when your grandma buys.
Aureuis

Activity: 5

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:13:33 PM

Hi,

Crashes in the crytpo market have and will occur. The long-term value of crypto currencies is unknown but I am pretty sure that they are here to stay. It's all about picking the good ones with a high adoption rate and a growing following. In my opinion, the majority of the altcoins will disappear in time....they are pure speculation with minimal added value. I  think that btc and ltc are going to be a successful. 
prof7bit

Activity: 938
Merit: 500

https://youengine.io/

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 05:13:36 PM

You sell when [...] your grandma buys.
This is actually quite convenient. You can save some transaction costs and third party trust problems by directly selling to your grandma.

BitLand

Activity: 25

View Profile
January 03, 2014, 05:53:19 PM

we did not crash hehe
shantell

Activity: 16

View Profile WWW
January 03, 2014, 11:22:21 PM

Btc isn't gonna crash.. Permanently...
poewerden

Activity: 125

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 12:21:12 AM

You sell when that negative coworker/family member/friend who vowed to never buy bitcoin because its "stupid" and in "thin air" buys. Or when your grandma buys.

You have to sell when you dont need to sell anymore - so you spend your Bitcoins instead
CompelTechnic

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 12:47:33 AM

This is my mandatory first post, by the way.

I don't know whether or not bitcoin is in a bubble.   But I have a vested interest in that not being the case, and I cast my bets in anticipation of what I think the future value will be.  Right now, I think it will continue to increase in value, and I have assets on the line to give weight to my opinion.

There is one, pretty big reason that I think it will succeed in the long run.  Cryptocurrency is the most trustless form of non-commodity money that has ever been created.  It requires no trust in government institutions or other authority figures, and this is a powerful idea.  And right now, due to network effects and first-mover advantage, bitcoin is likely to continue to appreciate in value while other altcoins either follow its lead or get lost in the dust.

If I'm wrong, well then, I guess I'm wrong, and I'll suffer for it.
brokedummy
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 01:56:01 AM

I am a newbie but I was under the impression that this bubble was nothing more than a pump and dump by the early power players? It was enough to get my attention and when prices started coming down I decided to buy in. I thought it was just natural market forces but really now I think it's all manipulation. Either way I think it was enough to secure bitcoin's permanence. Now we just need to diffuse the wealth and power so we aren't all forced to live in some kind of dystopia ruled by one megalomaniac.
axewater

Activity: 10

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 02:02:33 AM

tulips bubbled when people realised they could grow their own
this is not the same with BTC .. why do people keep comparing the two
stelam

Activity: 14

View Profile
January 04, 2014, 02:04:07 AM

We are still in down going trendline, but not for long. 7+ days before potential bottom.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: