Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 01:23:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: megabigpower.com - expansion cards now available  (Read 5047 times)
buzzdave (OP)
VIP

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 08, 2013, 02:02:09 AM

Hi folks, I just put up 1000 of each: Old Style and New Style H-cards.  Expand your starter kits!

Also, I'm happy to announce that I've got credit card processing back running again!

Best Regards,
Dave

www.megabigpower.com

Unacceptable
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 06:17:47 AM

$1000 for 25GH & no backplane ....  Huh  Thanks anyhow.............................  Roll Eyes

"If you run into an asshole in the morning, you ran into an asshole. If you run into assholes all day long, you are the asshole."  -Raylan Givens
Got GOXXED ?? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KiqRpPiJAU&feature=youtu.be
"An ASIC being late is perfectly normal, predictable, and legal..."Hashfast & BFL slogan Smiley
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 06:47:43 AM

Didn't H-cards used to be priced at $500?

[WTB] BitFury H-Cards for V1.0 M-Board.  Currently have a starter kit with 3 cards totaling 52 GH/s. But would like to add to it.
Not willing to buy at current Megabigpower.com rate of $500 for 25Gh/s. Way over priced.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
reactor

Activity: 420

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:09:02 PM

Sorry bro, may as well order from BFL at these prices. 
xstr8guy

Activity: 784
Merit: 1004

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:16:12 PM

[WTB] BitFury H-Cards for V1.0 M-Board.  Currently have a starter kit with 3 cards totaling 52 GH/s. But would like to add to it.
Not willing to buy at current Megabigpower.com rate of $500 for 25Gh/s. Way over priced.

Yeah... and then the price of bitcoin rose 700%.
reactor

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 01:25:59 PM

So the price to get and manufacture hardware also rose dramatically?  No. 

This is called greed. 

Anyone who wants to support it can buy price jacked hardware (I paid $50 for this last month and I'll happily pay $250 for it today again!), anyone who wants to pass can likely find similar elsewhere.  And I can say flat-out that 25GH at that price is not worthwhile, run more than that and the daily earnings are a pittance.
miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 08:22:27 PM

ouch on the pricing.. wow..

I'm sure the n00b market will soak them up..

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 08:45:31 PM

So the price to get and manufacture hardware also rose dramatically?  No. 

This is called greed. 

Anyone who wants to support it can buy price jacked hardware (I paid $50 for this last month and I'll happily pay $250 for it today again!), anyone who wants to pass can likely find similar elsewhere.  And I can say flat-out that 25GH at that price is not worthwhile, run more than that and the daily earnings are a pittance.

Not saying that I love the new pricing either.  But demand for ASICs skyrocketed along with the price of bitcoin, hence some manufacturers raised their prices.  You would have done the same thing if you were Bitfury because it's what businesses do when their product is in great demand.
xstr8guy

Glow Stick Dance!

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 08:48:04 PM

Dave, which generation of card ships immediately?  You mentioned in your other thread that one type is delayed by a few days.
klondike_bar
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1005

ASIC Wannabe

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 10:03:15 PM

Maybe this will sound a bit naive, but would it be excessive to offer the V1.2 cards for cheaper, simply as a 'thank you' to everyone who bought an august starter kit and then had virtually no opportunities to add cards to it? (october preorders or a small pile of seemingly overpriced cards in november)

There are a lot of better options available, and to see these prices SUCKS Sad

24" PCI-E cables with 16AWG wires and stripped ends - great for server PSU mods, best prices https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=563461
No longer a wannabe - now an ASIC owner!
kaerf

Activity: 631

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 11:11:52 PM

Maybe this will sound a bit naive, but would it be excessive to offer the V1.2 cards for cheaper, simply as a 'thank you' to everyone who bought an august starter kit and then had virtually no opportunities to add cards to it? (october preorders or a small pile of seemingly overpriced cards in november)

There are a lot of better options available, and to see these prices SUCKS Sad

Also seeing as the first buyers will probably lose 50% of the BTC they spent...
Wesly

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 01:13:58 AM
Last edit: December 09, 2013, 03:24:07 AM by Wesly

Yeah... and then the difficulty of bitcoin mining rose 1000%, so shouldn't the price be $350 now?

Greed is right.  Isn't it enough buzzdave have made and is still making crap loads of money on self-mining.  Does he really need a few more millions $650,000 ($1000 - $350 fair price = $650 x 1000 boards) from price gouging smaller independent miners just as Avalon/ASICMiner did?  Look where are Avalon and ASICMiner now?
reactor

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 01:35:22 AM

Yeah... and then the difficulty of bitcoin mining rose 1000%, so shouldn't the price be $350 now?

Greed is right.  Isn't it enough buzzdave have made and is still making crap loads of money on self-mining.  Does he really need a few more millions from price gouging smaller independent miners just as Avalon/ASICMiner did?  Look where are Avalon and ASICMiner now?

Uh, planning their retirement?  Greed is a tricky business, you can manage a huge payoff but at what price... Anywho, the entire "community" is full of folks looking to price gouge, I don't think we've yet seen a piece of hardware that wasn't sold with significant markup.  You find a bunch of desperate people and you'll find just as many salesmen looking to sell fools gold.  The whole mining side of bitcoin is utterly toxic at this point and the "community" is a bunch of folks who either got in early and are trying to scam the shit out of anyone they can or who offer good advice but don't sell the same snake oil.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 01:51:13 AM

25GHps H-card from megabigpower.com at $1000 == $40/GHps.

180GHps Antminer S1 from bitcoinmalaysia.com at 4.5 BTC == $20/GHps.
(assumes 1 BTC == $800).

Definitely not competitively priced.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
allinvain
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 03:15:51 AM

Greed is right.  Isn't it enough buzzdave have made and is still making crap loads of money on self-mining.  Does he really need a few more millions from price gouging smaller independent miners just as Avalon/ASICMiner did?  Look where are Avalon and ASICMiner now?

Uh, planning their retirement?  Greed is a tricky business, you can manage a huge payoff but at what price... Anywho, the entire "community" is full of folks looking to price gouge, I don't think we've yet seen a piece of hardware that wasn't sold with significant markup.  You find a bunch of desperate people and you'll find just as many salesmen looking to sell fools gold.  The whole mining side of bitcoin is utterly toxic at this point and the "community" is a bunch of folks who either got in early and are trying to scam the shit out of anyone they can or who offer good advice but don't sell the same snake oil.

At this point you may as well give your money to KNC; at least you'll have a chance to get 3 TH without paying $119880 for it.

af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 04:10:28 AM

Hi folks, I just put up 1000 of each: Old Style and New Style H-cards.  Expand your starter kits!

Also, I'm happy to announce that I've got credit card processing back running again!

Best Regards,
Dave

www.megabigpower.com

Might sell few...:-)

loshia
Legendary

Activity: 1610

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:41:50 AM

Greed is right.  Isn't it enough buzzdave have made and is still making crap loads of money on self-mining.  Does he really need a few more millions $650,000 ($1000 - $350 fair price = $650 x 1000 boards) from price gouging smaller independent miners just as Avalon/ASICMiner did?  Look where are Avalon and ASICMiner now?
Who the F..K cares dude:)
A word about avlon  - Gen2 chips are avalable for immediate delivery. If all is done right there might be working product based on gen2 chip for 10 days max. I am not good at math,  but for sure investing in AVALON2 will cut your losses we are not talking for profits at all. Not anymore
If i were Avalon or ASICMiner i wouldnt touch a computer for the rest of my life Smiley

Sad but true....
Anyway  Good luck to Dave and his customers

Please help the Led Boy aka Bicknellski to make us a nice Christmas led tree and pay WASP membership fee here:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=643999.msg7191563#msg7191563
And remember Bicknellski is not collecting money from community;D
Keefe

Activity: 681

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:36:02 AM

It's unfortunate that Dave didn't resume taking orders just a few days earlier, before the exchange rate crashed. At $1150/BTC, $999 would've been 0.87 BTC, a fair deal for an H-board. Now one costs 1.14 BTC, too much. If only he could price these in BTC, like miners' future earnings are.

rammy2k2
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:23:58 PM

he just lowered price to $749.00
h@shKraker

Activity: 403

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:43:15 PM

rammy2k2,

I just looked at megabigpower.com and it looks to me like the H-cards are still $999 .  Where did you see $749?

H@shKraker

Tips/Payments: 1HaZvsUjJpcAf76QWg7Muu4mnWRWCrRNMs
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: