Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:57:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] BITCOIN ORIGIN - BITCOIN (BTC) HARDFORK - SEGWIT2X / REPLAY PROTECTION  (Read 403 times)
BitcoinOrigin (OP)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 03:56:31 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2018, 12:08:12 PM by BitcoinOrigin

Bitcoin Origin

Be free.

Bitcoin (BTC) Segwit 2x Hardfork

What is a hardfork?
A hardfork is simply a chain split, whereby Bitcoin’s (BTC) main chain will be split to create a new chain, Bitcoin Origin.
Bitcoin’s (BTC) main chain will remain unaltered, where as the newly created chain will be updated with protocol changes.
These new rules will be enforced by the miners that join and secure the new Bitcoin Origin chain.

Why?
We believe that Bitcoin Origin will help evolve the current Bitcoin project with much needed changes to keep the chain alive and secure.
We propose changes that will not be implemented by Bitcoin (BTC) in the forceable future, which marks our decision to split from Bitcoin’s (BTC) chain.
It is very important that governance is maintained by the votes of the people.
With our proposal, we hope that the project gains support and a positive outlook on decentralized democracy./size]

When?
The proposed hardfork will take place on the 1st of September 2018, around 3 PM UTC.
Details on the specific fork block will be released nearer the time.

How can I participate?
Note: please make sure that you keep your Bitcoins (BTC) secured in paper wallet which YOU have the private keys for. If you currently own Bitcoins (BTC) and have them secured in a paper wallet, then you don’t need to do anything. If your Bitcoins are in an exchange, make sure to withdraw them to a paper wallet before the 1st of September 2018.

How can I contribute?
If you are interested in contributing to Bitcoin Origin, come join our Telegram group and express your interest in supporting the project in the way that you can, whether it is development, setting up mining pools or marketing the Bitcoin Origin brand. We will be looking to hire talent from around the world and are planning to activate a bounty program so stay alert for more updates. Any profession is welcome. Any contribution is appreciated. Come and have a chat with us!

Solution

Replay Protection
Replay protection will be implemented to prevent your transactions from being executed on the Bitcoin (BTC) main chain whilst using your fork balance on Bitcoin Origin.

Segwit2X
2 MB Segwit will be implemented to support our decision to grow and expand the Bitcoin Origin network beyond the capabilities of Bitcoin (BTC).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
iso2000

Activity: 107

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 03:57:12 PM

res
BitcoinOrigin (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:04:50 PM

Welcome.
user0000001

Activity: 938
Merit: 261

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:07:30 PM

each wife is a new fork of bitcoin. everyone promises something better. why was September chosen for hardfork?
the algorithm will remain unchanged?
tiny-pool

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 04:07:53 PM

Reserved
ezeekiell

Activity: 176

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2018, 07:21:00 PM

I like the idea, unhappyness i dont have btc , so will be an airdrop or rewards program? D
ninjaskip

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 07:25:24 PM

Is there a specific reason why you call your coin Bitcoin Origin? Also did you do any improvements to the code by yourself?
BitcoinOrigin (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:20:11 PM

each wife is a new fork of bitcoin. everyone promises something better. why was September chosen for hardfork?

We propose protocol upgrades that Bitcoin will not implement. Thanks.
BitcoinOrigin (OP)

View Profile
May 09, 2018, 09:18:39 AM

I like the idea, unhappyness i dont have btc , so will be an airdrop or rewards program? D

Hi! There will be a bounty program initiated later down the line Smiley. So stay updated here for more information.
ninjaskip

View Profile
May 10, 2018, 05:33:40 PM

Can you go a little bit more into detail what kind of protocol upgrades you have in mind and what the timeline if for their implementation?
ezeekiell

Activity: 176

View Profile WWW
May 11, 2018, 08:22:54 PM

Hi! There will be a bounty program initiated later down the line Smiley. So stay updated here for more information.

Yes of course! Smiley I will thanks
BitcoinOrigin (OP)

View Profile
May 18, 2018, 12:04:06 PM

Can you go a little bit more into detail what kind of protocol upgrades you have in mind and what the timeline if for their implementation?

Hello. Please visit our website for a brief overview. For more detailed information we will be releasing more documents nearer the time.

Don't forget to join our Telegram group t.me/bitcoinorigin

Thanks.
BitcoinOrigin (OP)

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 10:32:41 AM

Is there a specific reason why you call your coin Bitcoin Origin? Also did you do any improvements to the code by yourself?

Yes we have important upgrades coming to BitcoinOrigin. Please check out our site. Join our Telegram channel for more information
tomkat

Activity: 1022
Merit: 507

View Profile
May 23, 2018, 12:14:17 PM

Yes we have important upgrades coming to BitcoinOrigin. Please check out our site. Join our Telegram channel for more information

Is there a chance to reveal more information on who is "we" in your team? Not much information on your website  Sad
ninjaskip

View Profile
May 29, 2018, 08:29:40 PM

Maybe you can just summarize in a post what Bitcoin Origin is about and how it will improve digital payments?
Formonn

Activity: 19

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 12:39:27 PM

Is there a chance to reveal more information on who is "we" in your team? Not much information on your website  Sad

Hi there. This is the link for the team https://www.bitcoinorigin.io/#team

A friend told me about this the other day and I was super interested in finding out more on it. When I saw the whole 'Penta-fork' idea I got confused though. Are they going to take the benefits from the 5 coins or are they literally forking off of 5 different coins simultaneously? What's your take on this 'fork'? Smiley
Formonn

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 01:41:52 PM

A friend told me about this the other day and I was super interested in finding out more on it. When I saw the whole 'Penta-fork' idea I got confused though. Are they going to take the benefits from the 5 coins or are they literally forking off of 5 different coins simultaneously? What's your take on this 'fork'? Smiley

Hold on... I've been looking at https://www.bitcoinorigin.io which looks like the proper one... This http://bitcoinorigin.org/ website doesn't look legit... There is no team, no whitepaper, no information whatsoever, and the telegram group only has 9 members in it, it's actually making me very nervous... My friend said that the telegram group (that she is also part of) has around 45,000 member when she looked this Monday. Who is the admin or team for this?
ninjaskip

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 04:19:17 PM

Hold on... I've been looking at https://www.bitcoinorigin.io which looks like the proper one... This http://bitcoinorigin.org/ website doesn't look legit... There is no team, no whitepaper, no information whatsoever, and the telegram group only has 9 members in it, it's actually making me very nervous... My friend said that the telegram group (that she is also part of) has around 45,000 member when she looked this Monday. Who is the admin or team for this?

It is most likely not legit. It sounds silly, but in most cases you can even tell it from the name of the coin. This is also a very stupid name and the devs can't be much smarter.
Formonn

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:38:45 AM

It is most likely not legit. It sounds silly, but in most cases you can even tell it from the name of the coin. This is also a very stupid name and the devs can't be much smarter.

How can you tell whether a project is a scam or not just from the name of the coin? That seems like quite a pre-school way of analyzing a project. Do you have facts/figures to back that up? Then we can have a chat about what defines a scam or doesn't.
ganegani91

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 07:43:31 AM

cool project, this will give you massivity to Bitcoin network security, I like this concept, and I will always support it

IRONX         
 THE BEST IN TRADING     |     THE BEST IN CRYPTO
Fully Regulated
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: