Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 04:45:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Grouphashing.com scam or trustworthy? YES IT IS!  (Read 2925 times)
michielnl (OP)

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 09:53:39 AM
Last edit: December 21, 2013, 06:09:31 AM by michielnl

****************************************************************************************************
UPDATE DEC 11: WARNING: GROUPHASHING IS A SCAM
****************************************************************************************************

Hi All,

Yesterday, I ordered a 2 MH/s contract for 2.10000 BTC with Grouphashing.com.

Now, I am getting a little bit worried when I read:
    http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345187.0
    http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=335963.0

On their website: https://grouphashing.com/privacy_policy , the following address is mentioned.
    Zilverenberg 36, 5234GM, 's-Hertogenbosch, Netherlands, grouphashing@gmail.com

When I search, I do find some companies on this address (but no grouphashing?):
  http://www.oozo.nl/?acid=&q=Zilverenberg%2036,%20den%20bosch
I did contact Peritus Consult, but they are not affiliated.

When I check the domain, I get the info below.

http://who.godaddy.com/whoischeck.aspx?domain=GROUPHASHING.COM
Registrant Name: Registration Private
Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Registrant Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Registrant Email: GROUPHASHING.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
https://www.domainsbyproxy.com/AboutUs.aspx

=> My question is: does anybody have good experience with this company ??

@GroupHashing ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=156017 )
Can you please respond to this?
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Siggi84

Activity: 131

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 02:36:32 PM

Hello,

I wanted to just also buy a 2000kh/s contract, but this post yet read in the last minute.

I'm already a few days with the seller in contact, was always very nice and responded very quickly. Let's see what happens.

If there is something new, please let me know!

Sorry for my bad english ;-)
ngindenkore

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:22:06 PM

I almost trust this site and got scammed by them.
tyler27

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 04:23:56 PM

I hope you fix your problem soon.
I saved that website into my bookmarks about 10 days ago. When I went back this Friday (to buy a contract), everything was sold out already. Maybe I could call this "luck" now... Shocked
peer2peer360

Activity: 561
Merit: 500

Institute of Advance Blockchain Research

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 05:12:29 PM

I myself was about to invest in one of their 1000 kh/s mining contracts but
fortunely the contracts had sold out at the time.

what may have saved me is i hadn't diversified
my crypto portfolio jus Yet & the contracts was
sold out..

thank you prime creator

here is what Mike Roland from bitcoop.org sent me in an email when
I contacted him about service & this is what he said about
grouphashing dot com... "Grouphashing is notorious for taking eons to deliver on their promises. They always seem cheaper but have not yet delivered a contract on time."

I also contacted grouphashing & asked them about will they be offering any new
contracts & this is what they said in an Email response

Date:
December 1, 2013, 10:38 PM

Hi,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Yes, there will be more contracts coming. We are just moving to a new facility then we will be deploying some more hardware.

Thank you

GroupHashing.com
--------------------------------------
Date:
December 4, 2013, 8:24 AM

We will let everyone who has requested to be notified know when our next batch of contracts is available.

I cannot guarantee that we will be able to inform you before they are available but I will try and lets you know as soon as possible.

Thank you

michielnl (OP)

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 07:28:18 PM
Last edit: December 08, 2013, 09:49:23 PM by michielnl

All here are updates:

1. According to: http://cryptonerd.co/scrypt-cloud-hashing-is-here/
The GroupHashing services are hosted by: ReleaseNetworks in Amsterdam
I just got reply from ReleaseNetworks.
ReleaseNetworks confirms that they do provide hosting for the servers for GroupHashing.
FYI. ReleaseNetworks also comments in thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345168.0

2. GroupHashing just did send a reply that they are very busy and have activated my contract.
When I log in, the account does seem to be active.

=> For now, it does NOT seem to be a scam.
Please let me provide an update when delivered.
Siggi84

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:17:25 AM

What surprised me so much that, according to the server status already 6 days offline?

---> https://grouphashing.com/info/stats
jcambond

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 11:02:47 PM

I purchased a 1 mH/s mining contract on 11/28/13 and so my 2 week payout is scheduled for this coming Thursday (12/12/13).  I will post at the end of the day whether I have received my payout as well as the payout amount and I encourage anyone else who has purchased a contract to also post when/if they receive a payout and the amount, if that is a kosher thing to request.  I think their current/future customers have the right to know what they are getting into and how well their service actually performs if they decide to purchase a contract should they be available, as they are now.  My suspicion that, if I do end up receiving a payout, it will likely be only a fraction of what one would expect under 100% uptime of their rigs...uptime was not mentioned in the contract (although vague lawyer speak in their TOS/TAC, as usual, absolves them from a number of obligations) and I hope this extremely long outage isn't going to be commonplace throughout the life of the contract but we'll see.  They say that they're posting details of their moving of facilities on their blog but I have not been able to find their blog anywhere.
rdyoung
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:43:17 AM

I purchased a 1 mH/s mining contract on 11/28/13 and so my 2 week payout is scheduled for this coming Thursday (12/12/13).  I will post at the end of the day whether I have received my payout as well as the payout amount and I encourage anyone else who has purchased a contract to also post when/if they receive a payout and the amount, if that is a kosher thing to request.  I think their current/future customers have the right to know what they are getting into and how well their service actually performs if they decide to purchase a contract should they be available, as they are now.  My suspicion that, if I do end up receiving a payout, it will likely be only a fraction of what one would expect under 100% uptime of their rigs...uptime was not mentioned in the contract (although vague lawyer speak in their TOS/TAC, as usual, absolves them from a number of obligations) and I hope this extremely long outage isn't going to be commonplace throughout the life of the contract but we'll see.  They say that they're posting details of their moving of facilities on their blog but I have not been able to find their blog anywhere.

Does your account show an active contract?
3 days ago I ordered and paid for one of the 1MHS contracts and its not in my account, nor does it show any invoices, etc.
I have sent them 3 emails with no response as of yet.
I have also just sent them an email from another new email account to see if they respond to it.

From my POV at the moment, its either run by very incompetent children, or its an outright scam.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 05:54:05 AM

Hi All,

Yesterday, I ordered a 2 MH/s contract for 2.10000 BTC with Grouphashing.com.

Now, I am getting a little bit worried when I read:
    http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345187.0
    http://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=335963.0

On their website: https://grouphashing.com/privacy_policy , the following address is mentioned.
    Zilverenberg 36, 5234GM, 's-Hertogenbosch, Netherlands, grouphashing@gmail.com

When I search, I do find some companies on this address (but no grouphashing?):
  http://www.oozo.nl/?acid=&q=Zilverenberg%2036,%20den%20bosch
I did contact Peritus Consult, but they are not affiliated.

When I check the domain, I get the info below.

http://who.godaddy.com/whoischeck.aspx?domain=GROUPHASHING.COM
Registrant Name: Registration Private
Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC
Registrant Street: DomainsByProxy.com
Registrant Email: GROUPHASHING.COM@domainsbyproxy.com
https://www.domainsbyproxy.com/AboutUs.aspx

=> My question is: does anybody have good experience with this company ??

@GroupHashing ( https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=156017 )
Can you please respond to this?

I did a little digging as well. The domain was purchased from godaddy.
A traceroute reveals an ip that ties to slushs pool, what that means exactly I am not sure.
Siggi84

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:35:47 AM

According to statistics of the server is back online ...
--> https://grouphashing.com/info/stats

Unfortunately I have no more reply to my emails since 2 days.

Sorry for my bad english  Wink
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 06:42:54 AM

I spotted this awhile ago, is there somebody who has had success making a deal with them?
EpicKalypze

Activity: 9

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 04:27:13 PM

I spotted this awhile ago, is there somebody who has had success making a deal with them?

I've purchased the 2mh/s contract two days ago. I gave the invoice address 0.02 BTC more then what I owned to see if it would be returned then I found it all spent after my contract confirmed! I'm still waiting. I could provide the public address of that invoice if it doesn't void terms and conditions? I sent them emails about the extra BTC no responds. I sent suggestions about auto-swiched mining between many scrypt Altcoins no responds
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 06:08:12 PM

I've purchased the 2mh/s contract two days ago. I gave the invoice address 0.02 BTC more then what I owned to see if it would be returned then I found it all spent after my contract confirmed! I'm still waiting. I could provide the public address of that invoice if it doesn't void terms and conditions? I sent them emails about the extra BTC no responds. I sent suggestions about auto-swiched mining between many scrypt Altcoins no responds

Your contract was confirmed? It shows up as actively mining?
I am still waiting for mine purchased and paid for 4 days ago to show up.
EpicKalypze

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 07:42:59 PM

comfirmed? Yes. Actively mining? If the dashboard is correct than yes.
Have you traced/searched your invoice's address in the block chain or google yet? Do the numbers add up? Was it sent somewhere else?
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 08:59:39 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2013, 09:37:21 PM by rdyoung

Have you traced/searched your invoice's address in the block chain or google yet? Do the numbers add up? Was it sent somewhere else?

Thats the kicker, I dont have an invoice. It didnt take long for them to sweep my payment to another address.
I have sent them several emails asking about it with not 1 response to date.
They did however quickly answer my first email to them asking about new hardware.

I consider myself quite adept at many things, however forensic accounting is not one of them.
I was able to trace back a few addresses and ended up in an address that has seen some serious BTC move through it.
EpicKalypze

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 10:00:02 PM
Last edit: December 10, 2013, 10:10:57 PM by EpicKalypze

Thats the kicker, I dont have an invoice. It didnt take long for them to sweep my payment to another address.
They did however quickly answer my first email to them asking about new hardware.

I consider myself quite adept at many things, however forensic accounting is not one of them.
I was able to trace back a few addresses and ended up in an address that has seen some serious BTC move through it.
How did you pay them if you never received their invoice address? Or does it forever say "not yet confirmed"? It doesn't make much since to have two kinds of victims. One type is given an account and the other type isn't. @Jcambond we all may have to wait it out until the first payout. If everything isn't straight by then what next?
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 10:45:31 PM

How did you pay them if you never received their invoice address? Or does it forever say "not yet confirmed"? It doesn't make much since to have two kinds of victims. One type is given an account and the other type isn't. @Jcambond we all may have to wait it out until the first payout. If everything isn't straight by then what next?
It gave me an address to pay.
I have sent them an email asking for a refund of that btc, if they are legit 1 of 2 things will happen, I will receive a contract and start mining ltc, or I will find my wallet 1.2btc fatter.
EpicKalypze

View Profile WWW
December 10, 2013, 11:10:55 PM

Does something about their terms and conditions seem a little funky to anyone? Like maybe a little too much of a demanding or "everyone shut up or else" kind of tone? In comparison to well known host hashers?
jcambond

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 11:22:04 PM

Not really, it looks to be pretty standard.  Grouphashing people, if you are reading this and are legit...and you should be reading it given the unverifiable nature of your service...then I hope you realize that if you aren't on time with your first payouts, you should expect a shitstorm of negative comments immediately after missing them, regardless of any excuses you might have for being late.  If you are on time, you can expect praise...and if you aren't legit then, of course, fuck you...I hope you die of a horrible disease.  It's all in your hands now...
EpicKalypze

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 01:16:54 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2013, 01:47:52 AM by EpicKalypze

By the way, viewers are indeed feedbacking this topic as valuable so we are starting to send a message!
EpicKalypze

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 02:18:50 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2013, 02:50:59 AM by EpicKalypze

My extra is returning, it seems like they might have a conscience after all, however like Jcambond put it we'll find out for sure later on.
rdyoung
Legendary

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 02:32:53 AM

And..... The site is down
jcambond

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:12:24 AM

We'll...some more bad news, comrades.  I just sent an email to grouphashing@gmail.com and I received a failure of delivery notice back.  I don't see how their servers being down could be related to a returned email to a gmail address...my fear is that this is pretty strong evidence we have been screwed.  I'm very sorry to all they have suckered in...I've lost 3 large on these fucktards (I was naive enough to have signed up for both a 2 and a 1 mH/s contract).  In the end, they're not just fucking us...they're fucking other legitimate future hosting ventures.  When they themselves get fucked in the future...as Team America so eloquently put it, all assholes eventually get fucked...I hope they think of us.  I'll repost in the event a miracle takes place and a payout occurs. 
jcambond

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:49:08 AM

By the way, make sure that the login and password you all have used for this site are not used at any other sites that these thieves might be able to commandeer...
EpicKalypze

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 06:07:43 AM

And..... The site is down

I think we have one last chance for a good insult, question, or ask the twitter network if they can do something. Not likely, but I'm crazy enough to put it out there! Here's the link. Final Attack Begin!
https://twitter.com/Grouphashing
michielnl (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:31:43 AM

All,
Here is an update from original poster:

1. The website does not seem to be available anymore:
            https://grouphashing.com/

2. I did not receive an update about ordered contract and/or received services

3. The email "grouphashing@gmail.com" now returns:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
Delivery to the following recipients failed.
       grouphashing@gmail.com

michielnl (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:33:56 PM

1. domainsbyproxy states on it's homepage: "Private Registration Helps You... Protect your identity .. But don't even think about using our service to spam, violate the law, or engage in morally objectionable activities."

2. domainsbyproxy is not able to provide identity without a formal request from a legal autority:
https://www.domainsbyproxy.com/policy/Subpoena.aspx
benishak

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:19:33 AM

i started detrusting the world of digital currencies! in the future when nobody can control the transactions and we can't chargeback our money in case of fraud, how could we as legal and trusted users protect our rights ? degital currencies thought about merchant people but didn't thought about buyers.

if a merchant is legal will never be scared from chargebacks!
michielnl (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:01:56 AM

OK, my paid BTC went to:
  https://blockchain.info/address/17nyqs65ENMxQGXsysWJ2zXDhFWtQbAnts

Is any sherlock holmes reading this?
Would it be possible to track down the recipient?

michielnl (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:38:48 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2013, 05:14:52 AM by michielnl

Update:

I have been privately informed that a certain stakeholder has formally pressed charges against them in the Netherlands.

( I will also try to press charges when I know the police department involved and the case number )

Regards, Michiel
EpicKalypze

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 02:17:47 PM

Shocked Grin words can not express my gratitude!
jcambond

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 04:34:05 AM

That's awesome...excuse my French, but fuck those douchebags.  Even if I never see a dime they stole from me, I'd like nothing more than to know they have been repeatedly assraped in prison.
michielnl (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 05:09:44 AM

Unfortunately, there is no web archive:  http://web.archive.org/web/*/www.grouphashing.com

Here is a screencapture of the dashboard with an active contract :-)
    http://postimg.org/image/c1ruzp439/

(When I saw this, I did consider: did they just hard code this entry based on my username ;-) ? )

benishak

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 04:36:44 PM

grouphashing was hosted by https://www.digitalocean.com/

Code:
grouphashing.com 162.243.1.22‏

i asked them to give me information about thier client but they said they can't because of TOS and Privacy Policy
but they recommend contacting my local authorities and creating a case there.

connect.to redirects to grouphashing.com, the owner's name of connect.to according to domain's whois is Michelle Huynh

the developer of grouphashing.com said he/she got 40% of the bitcoins and he/she said he/she will pay them back to their owner.

It is with much regret I need to inform you that the operation behind this web site appears to have been a scam!

I was the web developer and was strung along from the start in what can only be described as an elaborate con.

The scammer/s who provided the web server that the original web site was hosted on and has now taken down the server so I no longer have access to it. He has also changed the passwords on the Gmail and Bitcointalk.org accounts, so I no longer have access to anything. Except this domain which I registered.

I spent many, many hours developing the website and various other systems around this project including a pool and a custom payment service and talking with the scammer via Skype. I feel terrible to have been duped by this scumbag. I also feel terrible the website I developed made it possible for the scammer to scam payments from others.

I want to return the Bitcoins I made from this 'business'. I have no desire to keep even 1 satoshi from what now clearly appears to be a scam.

I was paid 40% of 9 out of 10 contracts sold as a 'partner' of the business. I received 8.885 BTC in total.

Please contact me via the BitMessage address below with your original Payment transaction id, registration email address, total amount paid in BTC, number of contracts purchased, total hash rate purchased and a refund bitcoin address. Once I have received these details from everyone I will start refunding all the coins I personally received.

bitmessage: BM-NAxLLCNxfgtEbV16pAaj4FdPMsj8Dfih

Again, my sincerest apologies for enabling this thief to rob you. I know you may not agree with me but I feel I have also been robbed of countless hours working on this project and subject to embarrassment and anxiety as a result of this scam.

i sent him/her a bitmessage he replied

Code:
Thank you for your understanding.

I will get the coins back to you as soon as possible but it may take a couple of days.

Thank you and sorry once again.

that was on Thu, 12-12-2013

I didn't receive any Bitcoin and i think nobody also did

now when sending a message to that BM-Address, the message won't be delivered.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 12:36:52 AM

OK, my paid BTC went to:
  https://blockchain.info/address/17nyqs65ENMxQGXsysWJ2zXDhFWtQbAnts

Is any sherlock holmes reading this?
Would it be possible to track down the recipient?

Grandpa Wrongdox to the rescue!  Roll Eyes

SLok lives in s-Hertogenbosch: http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/find/poster/154453/messages?data%5Bpage%5D=3

I'm in 's-Hertogenbosch, central Deuteren.

And the address is... http://www.walletexplorer.com/address/17nyqs65ENMxQGXsysWJ2zXDhFWtQbAnts (BTC-e.com-old)
Pages: 1 2 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: