Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 04:58:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Grouphashing.com scam or trustworthy? YES IT IS!  (Read 2925 times)
EpicKalypze

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 01:16:54 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2013, 01:47:52 AM by EpicKalypze

By the way, viewers are indeed feedbacking this topic as valuable so we are starting to send a message!
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
EpicKalypze

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 02:18:50 AM
Last edit: December 11, 2013, 02:50:59 AM by EpicKalypze

I've purchased the 2mh/s contract two days ago. I gave the invoice address 0.02 BTC more then what I owned to see if it would be returned then I found it all spent after my contract confirmed! I'm still waiting. I could provide the public address of that invoice if it doesn't void terms and conditions? I sent them emails about the extra BTC no responds. I sent suggestions about auto-swiched mining between many scrypt Altcoins no responds

My extra is returning, it seems like they might have a conscience after all, however like Jcambond put it we'll find out for sure later on.
rdyoung
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 02:32:53 AM

And..... The site is down
jcambond

Activity: 13

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:12:24 AM

We'll...some more bad news, comrades.  I just sent an email to grouphashing@gmail.com and I received a failure of delivery notice back.  I don't see how their servers being down could be related to a returned email to a gmail address...my fear is that this is pretty strong evidence we have been screwed.  I'm very sorry to all they have suckered in...I've lost 3 large on these fucktards (I was naive enough to have signed up for both a 2 and a 1 mH/s contract).  In the end, they're not just fucking us...they're fucking other legitimate future hosting ventures.  When they themselves get fucked in the future...as Team America so eloquently put it, all assholes eventually get fucked...I hope they think of us.  I'll repost in the event a miracle takes place and a payout occurs. 
jcambond

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:49:08 AM

By the way, make sure that the login and password you all have used for this site are not used at any other sites that these thieves might be able to commandeer...
EpicKalypze

View Profile WWW
December 11, 2013, 06:07:43 AM

And..... The site is down

I think we have one last chance for a good insult, question, or ask the twitter network if they can do something. Not likely, but I'm crazy enough to put it out there! Here's the link. Final Attack Begin!
https://twitter.com/Grouphashing
michielnl (OP)

Activity: 123
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 06:31:43 AM

All,
Here is an update from original poster:

1. The website does not seem to be available anymore:
            https://grouphashing.com/

2. I did not receive an update about ordered contract and/or received services

3. The email "grouphashing@gmail.com" now returns:

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.
Delivery to the following recipients failed.
       grouphashing@gmail.com

michielnl (OP)

View Profile
December 11, 2013, 05:33:56 PM

1. domainsbyproxy states on it's homepage: "Private Registration Helps You... Protect your identity .. But don't even think about using our service to spam, violate the law, or engage in morally objectionable activities."

2. domainsbyproxy is not able to provide identity without a formal request from a legal autority:
https://www.domainsbyproxy.com/policy/Subpoena.aspx
benishak

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 06:19:33 AM

i started detrusting the world of digital currencies! in the future when nobody can control the transactions and we can't chargeback our money in case of fraud, how could we as legal and trusted users protect our rights ? degital currencies thought about merchant people but didn't thought about buyers.

if a merchant is legal will never be scared from chargebacks!
michielnl (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 09:01:56 AM

OK, my paid BTC went to:
  https://blockchain.info/address/17nyqs65ENMxQGXsysWJ2zXDhFWtQbAnts

Is any sherlock holmes reading this?
Would it be possible to track down the recipient?

michielnl (OP)

View Profile
December 12, 2013, 10:38:48 AM
Last edit: December 13, 2013, 05:14:52 AM by michielnl

Update:

I have been privately informed that a certain stakeholder has formally pressed charges against them in the Netherlands.

( I will also try to press charges when I know the police department involved and the case number )

Regards, Michiel
EpicKalypze

View Profile WWW
December 12, 2013, 02:17:47 PM

Shocked Grin words can not express my gratitude!
jcambond

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 04:34:05 AM

That's awesome...excuse my French, but fuck those douchebags.  Even if I never see a dime they stole from me, I'd like nothing more than to know they have been repeatedly assraped in prison.
michielnl (OP)

View Profile
December 13, 2013, 05:09:44 AM

Unfortunately, there is no web archive:  http://web.archive.org/web/*/www.grouphashing.com

Here is a screencapture of the dashboard with an active contract :-)
    http://postimg.org/image/c1ruzp439/

(When I saw this, I did consider: did they just hard code this entry based on my username ;-) ? )

benishak

View Profile
January 01, 2014, 04:36:44 PM

grouphashing was hosted by https://www.digitalocean.com/

Code:
grouphashing.com 162.243.1.22‏

i asked them to give me information about thier client but they said they can't because of TOS and Privacy Policy
but they recommend contacting my local authorities and creating a case there.

connect.to redirects to grouphashing.com, the owner's name of connect.to according to domain's whois is Michelle Huynh

the developer of grouphashing.com said he/she got 40% of the bitcoins and he/she said he/she will pay them back to their owner.

It is with much regret I need to inform you that the operation behind this web site appears to have been a scam!

I was the web developer and was strung along from the start in what can only be described as an elaborate con.

The scammer/s who provided the web server that the original web site was hosted on and has now taken down the server so I no longer have access to it. He has also changed the passwords on the Gmail and Bitcointalk.org accounts, so I no longer have access to anything. Except this domain which I registered.

I spent many, many hours developing the website and various other systems around this project including a pool and a custom payment service and talking with the scammer via Skype. I feel terrible to have been duped by this scumbag. I also feel terrible the website I developed made it possible for the scammer to scam payments from others.

I want to return the Bitcoins I made from this 'business'. I have no desire to keep even 1 satoshi from what now clearly appears to be a scam.

I was paid 40% of 9 out of 10 contracts sold as a 'partner' of the business. I received 8.885 BTC in total.

Please contact me via the BitMessage address below with your original Payment transaction id, registration email address, total amount paid in BTC, number of contracts purchased, total hash rate purchased and a refund bitcoin address. Once I have received these details from everyone I will start refunding all the coins I personally received.

bitmessage: BM-NAxLLCNxfgtEbV16pAaj4FdPMsj8Dfih

Again, my sincerest apologies for enabling this thief to rob you. I know you may not agree with me but I feel I have also been robbed of countless hours working on this project and subject to embarrassment and anxiety as a result of this scam.

i sent him/her a bitmessage he replied

Code:
Thank you for your understanding.

I will get the coins back to you as soon as possible but it may take a couple of days.

Thank you and sorry once again.

that was on Thu, 12-12-2013

I didn't receive any Bitcoin and i think nobody also did

now when sending a message to that BM-Address, the message won't be delivered.
Gleb Gamow
In memoriam
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1145

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 12:36:52 AM

OK, my paid BTC went to:
  https://blockchain.info/address/17nyqs65ENMxQGXsysWJ2zXDhFWtQbAnts

Is any sherlock holmes reading this?
Would it be possible to track down the recipient?

Grandpa Wrongdox to the rescue!  Roll Eyes

SLok lives in s-Hertogenbosch: http://gathering.tweakers.net/forum/find/poster/154453/messages?data%5Bpage%5D=3

I'm in 's-Hertogenbosch, central Deuteren.

And the address is... http://www.walletexplorer.com/address/17nyqs65ENMxQGXsysWJ2zXDhFWtQbAnts (BTC-e.com-old)
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: