Bitcoin Forum
July 29, 2024, 02:23:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Quick intro. and a newbie q or 2  (Read 464 times)
buyandhold (OP)

Activity: 231
Merit: 43

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 11:21:56 AM

Hi, I'm buyandhold, and I'm loving all the bitcoinery and related shadoodads.

First off, I'm not all about the buy and hold. I put about 10% of my miniscule stash towards trying to run the effing client, mining and buying toffees.

I've learned an awesome amount from every single person here, and am very grateful, so thank you.

So, the client is winding me up. Every other software works fine on my system - win7/64, 4gig mem, hd big and good blah blah, or am i missing sth.?

Even ltc-qc, admittedly smaller, works perfect. Once bitcoin-qt downloaded fully and lasted about a week fully synced, 99 times it did not.

Is there a quicker way than chucking my entire \roaming\bitcoin folder in the bin and redownloading? There's no money in the wallet part!

I bet it's all been asked and answered many times, but I cannot make head or tails of the answers I've come across.

SouthernTiger

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:50:15 PM

hi im a newbie. today i create this account Smiley hehe.
railzand

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Lux e tenebris

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:53:18 PM

dudas priest man is that you? stop waving your shadoodads about there are wimmin and chillun here. that's amazing how are you old sos old coz young fellerme lad? Still getting your desktops from the skip i see. mate it's 2013 Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue mine runs fine on this decade's models ffs. also rtfm. no just jk hey give me a shout we can get togev and talk bollox

tescomatty

Activity: 143
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 08, 2013, 03:56:34 PM

Even ltc-qc, admittedly smaller, works perfect. Once bitcoin-qt downloaded fully and lasted about a week fully synced, 99 times it did not.

Is there a quicker way than chucking my entire \roaming\bitcoin folder in the bin and redownloading? There's no money in the wallet part!

I dont have any problems with  bitcoin-qt running for over half year. You may use Electrum client instead so you dont need downloading the blockchain

buyandhold (OP)

Activity: 231
Merit: 43

View Profile
December 14, 2013, 10:05:51 AM

Hello again all and thanx for your replies thus far. Any more for any more?

railzand, or should i say grandfather, gr8 2cu, amazing what modern medicine can do
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: