Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:06:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANNOUNCE] Mining on Ixcoin, a new Bitcoin fork  (Read 9016 times)
AngelusWebDesign

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 03:52:45 AM

IXCoin is to Silver, as Bitcoin is to Gold.

IXCoin is to scrap steel as Bitcoin is to Gold

FTFY. (I'm learning these hip acronyms -- for anyone who hasn't figured this one out yet, it means Fixed That For You)

Namecoin is the equivalent of silver.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2011, 06:11:31 AM

IXCoin is to Silver, as Bitcoin is to Gold.

FTFY. (I'm learning these hip acronyms -- for anyone who hasn't figured this one out yet, it means Fixed That For You)

Namecoin is the equivalent of silver.

Nothing wrong with scrap steel.

kiwiasian

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 06:27:55 AM

No, it's not LITERALLY the same thing as Bitcoin, or it would be Bitcoin. Do you even know what literally means?

It's not even "more or less" the same thing as Bitcoin.

There are several exchanges that trade Bitcoins, there is a small economy built up around Bitcoin, etc. and none of that works with IXcoin.

What can you spend IXcoins on? Even fewer merchants than Bitcoin, and that's pretty bad!

Can't you at least use some thinking skills? Really, it's people like you that make forums a terrible place to be.

Of course it is not exactly the same thing as Bitcoin, it's the same concept--it uses the same source code with minor modifications.

If you expect to be treated like an adult please use words that you want people to take at their definition. Otherwise I could say that literally you don't know what you're talking about.

I would also assume you're the person that calls someone an uneducated troll for making a typo.

Are typos literally the same as using a word with the incorrect meaning when you assume everyone will interpret your point the way you meant? I'm not a grammar nazi - this is just basic english. Literally: 1. In a literal manner or sense; exactly. If you meant what you did you should have said "IXcoin is LIKE Bitcoin, but slightly different."

It's ok to be wrong but being a dick about it when people correct you makes you sound like a child.

Wow, I cannot even believe this. Do you do this for fun? Go around and correct people for the simplest of things? You are being far more immature than I am. I made a statement that I was hoping everyone (evidently not you) would understand then I am bashed for not using the right word to appeal to you.

I bet you would also do this.
"You're internet isn't working"
"No, it's 'your', you're is you are. In this case this is the incorrect term, because <insert wikipedia quote here>. Rather, please say 'YOUR internet'. Learn basic english before posting on this forum/site/etc"
Sound familiar?

Tradehill referral link, save 10% | http://www.tradehill.com/?r=TH-R12328
www.payb.tc/kiwiasian | 1LHNW1JGMBo2e7rKiiFz7KJPKE57bqCdEC
Dargo
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 07:41:30 AM

Anywayz, Ixcoin does seem pretty lame. What I would like to see is a fork that would allow me to use my CPUs in some interesting or fun way. I mean, if I'm going to run my rig flat-out, I want to go all the way. None of this idle CPU crap.  Tongue
Oldminer
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 08:58:39 AM
Last edit: August 15, 2011, 12:53:53 PM by Oldminer

Yea my uncle was in the scrap metal business. Made a fortune he did...  Grin

'One Man’s Trash is another Man’s Treasure'

If you like my post please feel free to give me some positive rep https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=18639
Tip me BTC: 1FBmoYijXVizfYk25CpiN8Eds9J6YiRDaX
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 09:05:58 AM

Some of the hash power have moved to Ixcoin, and the exchange between Ixcoin and Bitcoin has very quickly balanced the market value of these 2, is this kind of inflation? Ixcoin seems to flood the market with newly created coins, which is BTC exchangeable;D

I can already see how inflationary bitcoin will be, caused by many different types of fork in the future Grin  This will hurt the credit rating of BTC

Xephan

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 04:05:49 PM

Some of the hash power have moved to Ixcoin, and the exchange between Ixcoin and Bitcoin has very quickly balanced the market value of these 2, is this kind of inflation? Ixcoin seems to flood the market with newly created coins, which is BTC exchangeable;D

I can already see how inflationary bitcoin will be, caused by many different types of fork in the future Grin  This will hurt the credit rating of BTC

That is one of my primary objection to any new coin. It basically defeats the "limited" supply characteristics of Bitcoin.
bluefirecorp
Legendary

Activity: 882

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 04:28:01 PM

No, it's not LITERALLY the same thing as Bitcoin, or it would be Bitcoin. Do you even know what literally means?

It's not even "more or less" the same thing as Bitcoin.

There are several exchanges that trade Bitcoins, there is a small economy built up around Bitcoin, etc. and none of that works with IXcoin.

What can you spend IXcoins on? Even fewer merchants than Bitcoin, and that's pretty bad!

Can't you at least use some thinking skills? Really, it's people like you that make forums a terrible place to be.

Of course it is not exactly the same thing as Bitcoin, it's the same concept--it uses the same source code with minor modifications.

If you expect to be treated like an adult please use words that you want people to take at their definition. Otherwise I could say that literally you don't know what you're talking about.

I would also assume you're the person that calls someone an uneducated troll for making a typo.

Are typos literally the same as using a word with the incorrect meaning when you assume everyone will interpret your point the way you meant? I'm not a grammar nazi - this is just basic english. Literally: 1. In a literal manner or sense; exactly. If you meant what you did you should have said "IXcoin is LIKE Bitcoin, but slightly different."

It's ok to be wrong but being a dick about it when people correct you makes you sound like a child.

Wow, I cannot even believe this. Do you do this for fun? Go around and correct people for the simplest of things? You are being far more immature than I am. I made a statement that I was hoping everyone (evidently not you) would understand then I am bashed for not using the right word to appeal to you.

I bet you would also do this.
"You're internet isn't working"
"No, it's 'your', you're is you are. In this case this is the incorrect term, because <insert wikipedia quote here>. Rather, please say 'YOUR internet'. Learn basic english before posting on this forum/site/etc"
Sound familiar?

When we are on the subject of correcting people randomly. It's not 'his' Internet. He doesn't own the Internet. The "Internet" is a proper noun, so it should be capitalized.

So, really it should be:
"Your connection to the Internet isn't working".

AngelusWebDesign

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 05:20:34 PM

That's the problem -- there are only so many techies and young people who are willing to play with something like Bitcoin.

If you have 5 forks, then none of them will be viable.

In other words, the market is only big enough for ONE Bitcoin at the moment. If anything, it's not even big enough for one!  Nevermind several.

Anyone who disagrees please back it up with facts, reason, logic, etc. I'm all ears.

Matthew
Mousepotato

Activity: 896

Seal Cub Clubbing Club

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 05:50:13 PM

That's the problem -- there are only so many techies and young people who are willing to play with something like Bitcoin.

If you have 5 forks, then none of them will be viable.

In other words, the market is only big enough for ONE Bitcoin at the moment. If anything, it's not even big enough for one!  Nevermind several.

Anyone who disagrees please back it up with facts, reason, logic, etc. I'm all ears.

Matthew

So are you gonna mine I0coin or what? Smiley

Mousepotato
kiwiasian

Activity: 168

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 06:40:35 PM

When we are on the subject of correcting people randomly. It's not 'his' Internet. He doesn't own the Internet. The "Internet" is a proper noun, so it should be capitalized.

So, really it should be:
"Your connection to the Internet isn't working".

Lol

Tradehill referral link, save 10% | http://www.tradehill.com/?r=TH-R12328
www.payb.tc/kiwiasian | 1LHNW1JGMBo2e7rKiiFz7KJPKE57bqCdEC
JBDive

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 08:44:23 PM

ok not a total noob but enough of one that I don't know all the in's and out's and apparantly can't get solo mining to work.

I created ixcoin.conf just like I had for bitcoin, different port. I started ixcoind and tried connecting Guiminer and it just say there "connecting" for an hour. Gave up and launched the client using -server switch and again tried Guiminer, this time it connected and my hash rate started. However after 30 mins I saw no change in the Accepted or Stale block count so can I assume it's not working?

No problem solo or pool mining Bitcoin and namecoin but I can't seem to see any block change with ixcoin solo mining, just via pool mining.
Starlightbreaker
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1006

View Profile
August 15, 2011, 09:59:41 PM

you're a bit too late for ixc solo mining.

after 16 hours of no blocks, i moved back to btc.
it was fun. made decent amount of $ too.

MaGNeT
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Waves | 3PHMaGNeTJfqFfD4xuctgKdoxLX188QM8na

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2011, 07:49:32 AM

Datum: 18-8-2011 07:57
Naar: xiBqxLfUEGScX3wQj8AKBeqrjDvjWDs5jZ
Debet:-1417.00
Nettobedrag: -1417.00

Still at 0 after 2 hours...
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 18, 2011, 09:40:52 PM

Yup I'm calculating an average of about 1.5 blocks per hour mined.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

thefussydutchman

Activity: 142

BTC- Its not a bubble.

View Profile
August 25, 2011, 03:07:58 AM

How do I get a IXcoin address?
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
August 27, 2011, 09:12:54 PM

Yup I'm calculating an average of about 1.5 blocks per hour mined.

Average block per hour rate is 0.333333 blocks/hr.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: