Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 07:56:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: █████ ***** THE ZEROCASH SOURCE - Truly anonymous coin ***** █████  (Read 53523 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 01:08:05 PM

You deleted all the conversation concerning the Zerocoin generation.

What information do you have then ?

yeah, this is a little suspicious - a potential negative to this coin, and comments about it are deleted. Please explain Smiley

hello,

please only talk about Zerocoin in this topic and dont make advertising for stupid scam coins (sorry). you can talk about the scam coins elsewhere.

and as i said: i dont think its pre-mined. if the coin would be pre-mined, i would close this whole thread and leave Zerocoin where it is.  Roll Eyes

cheers!

Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 07:14:41 PM

So why should I care about Zercoin that smacks of mainstream establishment development that's probably got more NSA backdoors that Obama's underwear when Darkcoin already exists and doesn't bloat the blockchain?

Because
Encrypted transaction network: Work In Progress
Anonymous blockchain using coinjoin technology: Work In Progress
it's not working as it would like to work.
It's just another copycat until proven otherwise.

This topic will be moderated away again anyway ;-)

Ente
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2014, 10:28:44 PM

correct, go to the scam section please Wink

LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 02:23:49 PM

Market-Based Reactions to New Bitcoin Regulation

Is it even possible for New York to ban tumblers that exist on the global Internet? How will the cryptographic free market respond to encroaching regulation into the market for Bitcoin?

Zerocoin and CoinJoin represent two attempts to restore the balance in making digital cash as private as physical cash today. They operate in a decentralized manner without requiring trust in a third party.

Originating from Johns Hopkins University, the first Zerocoin plan was a proposed extension to the Bitcoin payment network that added anonymity to Bitcoin payments and used provably secure cryptographic techniques to ensure that Bitcoins cannot be traced.

After refusing to gain traction among the bitcoin user and developer communities, creators Matthew Green and Ian Miers decided to launch Zerocoin as its own independent cryptocurrency complete with separate block chain and reward incentive system. The Economist refers to Zerocoin as “washing virtual money”.

http://www.coindesk.com/market-based-reactions-new-bitcoin-regulation/

LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2014, 01:44:36 PM

The First 3 Generations of Bitcoin Mixing

http://letstalkbitcoin.com/the-first-three-generations-of-bitcoin-mixing-technology/

BitLudmann

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:03:17 AM

Based on SHA-2, Scrypt or SHA-3? may be mix?
Lloydie

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 03:35:34 AM

I hope it is scrypt jane, to make what i consider to be the ultimate coin.  Smiley
mechanikalk

Activity: 99
Merit: 91

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 07:26:46 AM

I really hope that the developers of zero coin are intentionally delaying the release of this coin to prevent a harsh crack down from regulators globally.  Bitcoin first needs to hit truly critical mass before this type of heat is brought against the technology.
Ente
Legendary

Activity: 2126
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 09:23:32 AM

I really hope that the developers of zero coin are intentionally delaying the release of this coin to prevent a harsh crack down from regulators globally.  Bitcoin first needs to hit truly critical mass before this type of heat is brought against the technology.

Right now would be a bad time for launch, I agree. Just look what happened to the huge news of neo/bee launch a few days ago..

Ente
Solariz

Activity: 5

View Profile
February 27, 2014, 10:25:18 AM

I have a couple of basic questions and would appreciate it if someone could address them.

1) The developers have repeatedly stated that they will "Walk Away" from the project once it is released. As Zerocoin is a protocol, probably with flaws needing to be fixed or tweaked, how will the future development and management of Zerocoin be safeguarded ?

2) Without a Blockchain, how will you be able to "prove a transaction" later on (if used to buy goods from an online store etc.) ?

Thanks
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 12:53:53 AM

I have a couple of basic questions and would appreciate it if someone could address them.

1) The developers have repeatedly stated that they will "Walk Away" from the project once it is released. As Zerocoin is a protocol, probably with flaws needing to be fixed or tweaked, how will the future development and management of Zerocoin be safeguarded ?

2) Without a Blockchain, how will you be able to "prove a transaction" later on (if used to buy goods from an online store etc.) ?

Thanks

where did you read, that they "walk away" after release? they worked 1,5 years on that, would be a little bit strange if they would do this, its their baby.

superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1125

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:34:11 AM

Thanks
where did you read, that they "walk away" after release? they worked 1,5 years on that, would be a little bit strange if they would do this, its their baby.

That's what Satoshi Nakamoto did.
GreenWins

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 10:27:25 AM

Thanks

That's what Satoshi Nakamoto did.

Or did he?

Solariz

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:02:12 PM

Ah, I can't find the quote now, but it was from a video where he answered questions from the public.

Basically he said

"We are cryptographers and do this as a science project. Once the open code is out there, we will walk away from it and observe what the community does with it"

To me it seems that they are more interested in getting publications in scientific journals than actually establishing a new competitive Alt-coin.
I find the project very fascinating, so I hope I am wrong about this.
xDan

Activity: 688
Merit: 500

ヽ( ㅇㅅㅇ)ノ ~!!

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 12:09:37 PM

"We are cryptographers and do this as a science project. Once the open code is out there, we will walk away from it and observe what the community does with it"

To me it seems that they are more interested in getting publications in scientific journals than actually establishing a new competitive Alt-coin.

I can understand people not wanting to get into the arms race that is alt-coins. They release the tech; others do the dirty work of creating the coin that has most desired features. I doubt everyone will be happy with whichever hashing algorithm they choose.

I just hope they don't abandon it completely and stick around to fix any problems.

HODLing for the longest time. Skippin fast right around the moon. On a rocketship straight to mars.
Up, up and away with my beautiful, my beautiful Bitcoin~
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 01:50:49 PM

I can understand people not wanting to get into the arms race that is alt-coins. They release the tech; others do the dirty work of creating the coin that has most desired features. I doubt everyone will be happy with whichever hashing algorithm they choose.

I just hope they don't abandon it completely and stick around to fix any problems.

i would expect this but lets see  Wink

adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 02:35:28 AM

Is Zerocoin expected to be listed on any particular exchange?
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:58:04 AM

Ah, I can't find the quote now, but it was from a video where he answered questions from the public.

Basically he said

Translation: Somebody else will have to take the heat when the feds come knocking with special requests.

As long as it is in the interests of science ... free market experimentation driven by curiosity will only happen where the regulation boundaries end.

LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 02:16:04 PM

Is Zerocoin expected to be listed on any particular exchange?

maybe this one:

http://zerotrade.org/

but it will also be on other exchanges.

marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2349

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 09:01:38 PM

Basically he said

Translation: Somebody else will have to take the heat when the feds come knocking with special requests.

As long as it is in the interests of science ... free market experimentation driven by curiosity will only happen where the regulation boundaries end.

A bit of a chicken and egg problem there. It will actually take a messy combination of subverting existing boundaries and creating new ones. Those boundary conditions you mention exist because it is a means to profit for some party or other.

What has happened historically is the boundaries become evermore convoluted, gray at the edges and diffuse until eventually they just dissolve Smiley

You know they are already fighting a loosing battle when the only true innovators are those in Universities doing it for 'fun' ... Goverments are stifling free market innovation and experimentation in the actual markets that most need it, this symptom makes it crystal clear. The corollary is that the massive problems that beset the financial markets is due to the obvious over-regulation of monetary products.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: