Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 06:58:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: █████ ***** THE ZEROCASH SOURCE - Truly anonymous coin ***** █████  (Read 53523 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1010

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 11:09:47 AM

What's the likelihood of a coin implementing this? And which coin will it be? And why is it so difficult to implement?

its not possible to implement Zerocoin/Zerocash in a crappy altcoin because Zerocash is nearly build from scratch and in development since 2 years. you will not find an unknown developer who can do this in 2 weeks, dont be a fool. there were already several attempts to scam people.

zerocashdev

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 03:28:45 PM

What's the likelihood of a coin implementing this? And which coin will it be? And why is it so difficult to implement?

its not possible to implement Zerocoin/Zerocash in a crappy altcoin because Zerocash is nearly build from scratch and in development since 2 years. you will not find an unknown developer who can do this in 2 weeks, dont be a fool. there were already several attempts to scam people.

Not true at all. Zerocoin was designed to work with Bitcoin. It was in fact a Bitcoin shuttle. Most of these "crappy" altcoins are based on dear old dad Bitcoin. So it can work as intended with Bitcoin and certainly with any of its direct descendants. The Libezero was posted public and released for other devs to use to make work with their coins. It says so on the Zerocoin and Zerocash web pages. Perhaps you should read up on the Zerocoin and Zerocash web pages. Contact someone like Ian M from their dev teams too.
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 07:43:45 PM

Not true at all. Zerocoin was designed to work with Bitcoin. It was in fact a Bitcoin shuttle. Most of these "crappy" altcoins are based on dear old dad Bitcoin. So it can work as intended with Bitcoin and certainly with any of its direct descendants. The Libezero was posted public and released for other devs to use to make work with their coins. It says so on the Zerocoin and Zerocash web pages. Perhaps you should read up on the Zerocoin and Zerocash web pages. Contact someone like Ian M from their dev teams too.

yes its based on good old bitcoin and yes the first plan was to implement zerocoin into bitcoin but that never happened and will never happen. i know all that. i want to say that no little kid can add this technology to their crappy coin in some weeks. alot of people try to scam others when they say that.

why is your username "zerocashdev" ? it looks like you have nothing to do with Zerocoin or Zerocash right?

or who are you ? :

-   Eli Ben-Sasson (Technion)
-   Alessandro Chiesa (MIT)
-    Christina Garman (Johns Hopkins University)
-    Matthew Green (Johns Hopkins University)
-   Ian Miers (Johns Hopkins University)
-    Eran Tromer (Tel Aviv University)
-    Madars Virza (MIT)

my answer is: no one  Roll Eyes

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 08:09:44 PM

Re: Trust required for Zerocash setup

Maybe I am naive, but I think they will find a way to setup Zerocash that people will be able to trust.
lunokhod2

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 26, 2014, 08:32:20 PM

Actually, what you say is only true for the original Zerocoin protocol of Miers et al. 2013, but not the Zerocash protocol of Ben-Sasson et al. 2014 (which is what the original post was referring to.).

It is easy to make this mistake, and Ben-Sasson et al. are to blame. In their Zerocash paper, they use the term "zerocoin", but this does not have the same meaning as "zerocoin" in Miers et al.

I suggest that you read the original papers. Their new combined "zerocash/zerocoin" website is really confusing.
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
September 26, 2014, 09:27:51 PM

Maybe I am naive, but I think they will find a way to setup Zerocash that people will be able to trust.

thx for that piece CoinHoarder.

for my part, i knew that already. for me it sounds like the best way it can be done today but we still have to wait how this plays out in the end. i would like to have some more infos. maybe the dev-team needs a PR guy.

klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
October 25, 2014, 05:37:12 PM

bump, any update on this?
Come-In-Behind

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 05:46:57 PM

Re: Trust required for Zerocash setup

It still goes against the whole idea of cryptocurrencies being trustless...
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 06:16:19 PM

It still goes against the whole idea of cryptocurrencies being trustless...

Unless it is setup like not 20 people, but Everybody? Some arcane distributed calculation process that can be done like mining, running for some prolonged timespan. I'm not the expert on that, merely curious.

What I cannot believe is the single genius releasing his invention as a closed source download hosted on Mega, seriously.
tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

Angel investor.

View Profile
November 03, 2014, 05:29:31 AM

Is there any way to mine or buy some zerocash? If not, whan can we do it roughly?

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2014, 06:14:54 PM

Is there any way to mine or buy some zerocash? If not, whan can we do it roughly?

look at first page.

BlindMayorBitcorn
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1115

View Profile
November 16, 2014, 01:57:22 AM

Bump

Forgive my petulance and oft-times, I fear, ill-founded criticisms, and forgive me that I have, by this time, made your eyes and head ache with my long letter. But I cannot forgo hastily the pleasure and pride of thus conversing with you.
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2014, 01:15:35 PM

Zerocash: improving Bitcoin using SNARKs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6qOj9ap6RM

Run Away Train

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 22, 2014, 04:01:14 PM

Zerocash: improving Bitcoin using SNARKs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6qOj9ap6RM

Thanks for sharing this. It's a good watch.
Orangina

Activity: 309

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 07:05:49 PM

When this is going to launch ? I don't exactly get it . It will be a new coin ? or a service to hide Bitcoin transactions & make them private ?
Orangina

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 07:32:23 PM

Never

What , why not ? Shocked
Orangina

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 07:42:07 PM

It is just my opinion because there is not a single code written over 1 year and since Israel and the Military U.S are interest in this project i think it will not be made public.

lol Shocked Really ? Why they are interessted on this project Shocked and I guess you have a point since it's been a year now ;
I guess I will just wait for the OP LiteCoinGuy to answer me Grin thanks dude
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2014, 06:49:09 PM

i think they will release it when its ready  Wink

"When this is going to launch ? I don't exactly get it . It will be a new coin ? or a service to hide Bitcoin transactions & make them private ? "

take a look at the first page.  Smiley

Orangina

View Profile
December 13, 2014, 03:57:57 PM

i think they will release it when its ready  Wink

"When this is going to launch ? I don't exactly get it . It will be a new coin ? or a service to hide Bitcoin transactions & make them private ? "

take a look at the first page.  Smiley

Let's hope that 2015 is the chosen year <3 I want to see this Zerocoin project working !
LiteCoinGuy (OP)
Legendary

In Satoshi I Trust

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2015, 04:13:28 PM

Bitcoin TLV `14, #29 - Eli Ben-Sasson - Zerocash

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0o0WKDSh2M

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: