Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:43:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looks familliar? :S  (Read 5014 times)
bqxpd

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 03:04:30 AM

No Flame mates and quoting the above reply and also some questionable attitudes of the members of the speculation forum , we need to be a bit civilized first and foremost before even think of speculating on bitcoins , the heroes behind monitors lol , that being said this chart was shared for pure sharing that's all have I implied anything? No , it was actually better than 100s of posts up on the Speculation forum bellowing that Bitcoin is crashing and what not , I see a stable future for Bitcoin and very bright one , everyone's got to admit we were in a Bubble and then we are now in a correction it will rise again within the following week and currently people are buying into so yup we are not in a crash now you can relax! Smiley Bitcoin cannot be predicted nor can the future extrapolation and Mathematics can play on the Stocks and Futures not on the Bitcoin Markets , Bitcoin Markets are controlled Psychologically not on much technicality. All the corrections cannot be compared to the April crash so don' try to compare. Smiley I'm a bull and will always remain one , buying and holding is my strategy this is a speculation forum and I've invoked my right to free speech. Smiley

Punctuation, my friend. It's a thing. Check it out.

1enUo5AVqwx4LradGPimKJAvV5gzK1Z3g

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nwbitcoin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

You are a geek if you are too early to the party!

View Profile WWW
December 09, 2013, 09:00:26 AM

We are still in the awareness phase, or am I missing something?

Yes, that was in April... you were here. At least registered on this forum

My point is that while some think we are in despair, I don't think we have even got close to the mania stage yet.

We are still playing with potential at the moment, its not as if we are in the same place as Facebook and Twitter and their IPOs - its going to take at least 5 years before we can look back at Bitcoin and see this graph reflected!

*Image Removed*
I use Localbitcoins to sell bitcoins for GBP by bank transfer!
seanneko

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:20:41 AM

I am 12 and what is this.
tampazeus

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Lick me like a lolipop

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:29:17 AM

Looks familliar? :S

What the new data after 12 hours tells you, your graph does not fit so nicely now...
crazy_rabbit
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1001

RUM AND CARROTS: A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:31:17 AM

How does choosing a low-risk strategy like buy-and-hold make someone greedy?

Because I do not believe that buy and hold is a low risk strategy. You should always have stops placed to protect your gains/cut your losses. Even in Bitcoin.

Assuming you can time everything perfectly.

more or less retired.
azedee

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:34:39 AM

Yep, it looks familiar. This is the 2011 chart that people were posting when bitcoin fell from 29$ to ~2$.
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 09:43:22 AM

Don't see anything here that I identifies with the current situation.  I don't think a lot of those that expect a crash greater than 61.8% understand the sheer amount of money that was and is still coming in.  Over 225 Million dollars has changed hands in the last three days alone, just on Mt. Gox along with 2.25 Billion Yuan (~367,000,000 USD) on BTC China.

OP, before shorting, you should do some extrapolations and atleast integrate some mathematics instead of trying to confer something with which you cannot grasp.

+1

But here's a pat on the back for trying OP.

That chart has been used to validate week hands and over leveraged investor's liquidating BTC holdings at $4 $12 $31 $266 $?

Those that use btc as a headge against inflation have historically succeeded by using the buy and hold stratigy.

If you must, set your entry and exit point and don't let market day to day sentiment sway you.

Yet realize that exiting BTC to your fiat of choice will leave you with a bad after taste.
Unless of coarse that move resulted with you having more BTC and debt free in the end.
Malawi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 01:09:11 PM

No Flame mates and quoting the above reply and also some questionable attitudes of the members of the speculation forum , we need to be a bit civilized first and foremost before even think of speculating on bitcoins , the heroes behind monitors lol , that being said this chart was shared for pure sharing that's all have I implied anything? No , it was actually better than 100s of posts up on the Speculation forum bellowing that Bitcoin is crashing and what not , I see a stable future for Bitcoin and very bright one , everyone's got to admit we were in a Bubble and then we are now in a correction it will rise again within the following week and currently people are buying into so yup we are not in a crash now you can relax! Smiley Bitcoin cannot be predicted nor can the future extrapolation and Mathematics can play on the Stocks and Futures not on the Bitcoin Markets , Bitcoin Markets are controlled Psychologically not on much technicality. All the corrections cannot be compared to the April crash so don' try to compare. Smiley I'm a bull and will always remain one , buying and holding is my strategy this is a speculation forum and I've invoked my right to free speech. Smiley

Punctuation, my friend. It's a thing. Check it out.

adding annoying colour to your posting texts means you dont have to worry about punctuation ever again

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
Davyd05

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 01:12:34 PM

We are still in the awareness phase, or am I missing something?

Yes, that was in April... you were here. At least registered on this forum

What I can make out of this chart is we will return to $100-200 and it will remain stable at that level after touching "New Paradigm" at ~1250.

Another example of someone who got left behind and went short far to many times to see whats really happening here.  Tsk tsk, greed will be your ruin, sir.  Enjoy your day and may your best wishes become true, just because someone did it to you doesn't mean you have to go full eye for an eye.  Bad taste and reflects poorly on you.

I think you are the only one left behind here and you are starting to getbnervous. Still time to sell you know...

I agree, more and more bulls get angry when people state there is an increased downside risk. Clearly shows how nervous they are. The last a few weeks they were laughing at bears, now they get angry. A good indicator that we have entered the fear phase....

Exactly what I was thinking.

People laughed at the bears selling at 600-800. I have no qualms with anyone selling from 900-1200 huge returns on a lot of their investments. Its the panic sells that are slowing the return to growth.  But now the bears are trying to convince people that were in some sort of fear state.. only cause they themselves spew so much of this fear.

Most bulls keep saying to buy more on these dips or just hold. The bears are perpetuating fear to win on shorts which is purely greed. So here we have the late panic bears.. who sold at 700..trying to make what those who sold at 1200-900 made.. sorry your fellow bears aren't gonna sell too much off this close to a Monday, they were busy doing it Friday.

The greed made you keep your coins at the ATH hoping for more gains. Your bet failed. The sooner you accept it the better it is (for you me I don't care).

The greed made me not sell the coins I bought at 900+ in a panic.. oh sure yeah right... Sorry People were busy stuffing their pockets with btc and fiat off the panic they and you spread.. get real you crook.

Proud Hodler, neither bull nor bear.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
December 09, 2013, 01:23:43 PM

Looks familliar? :S

What the new data after 12 hours tells you, your graph does not fit so nicely now...

+1
would someone be so kind and post the current graph ?
bitcoin didn´t behave like textbook example chart ? what a bummer ! Shocked
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 01:14:33 AM

Not my fault if you bought at 900+ do some research next time...and it is still time to sell.

Don't use bitcoin price to support arguments. The price is so volatile that in the short term everyone is somehow always wrong  Tongue
Jutarul
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 994
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:32:46 AM

good luck finding out where you are...

The ASICMINER Project https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=99497.0
"The way you solve things is by making it politically profitable for the wrong people to do the right thing.", Milton Friedman
sgbett
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1087

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:40:58 AM

Yep, it looks familiar. This is the 2011 chart that people were posting when bitcoin fell from 29$ to ~2$.

No no, its the one they posted at $266! They were definitely right that time...

"A purely peer-to-peer version of electronic cash would allow online payments to be sent directly from one party to another without going through a financial institution" - Satoshi Nakamoto
*my posts are not investment advice*
PenAndPaper

Activity: 252

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 03:46:47 AM

good luck finding out where you are...

I think that graph should be the first reply to everyone that's posting the bubble graph from now on  Tongue
Le Happy Merchant

Activity: 634
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 04:19:52 AM

People posted the same graph when we peaked at 900 and 'crashed' to 500, now they look stupid. OP, you are going to look stupid.

jones31

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:34:52 PM

And as usual , any graph that resembles the bitcoin price graph at this moment , after two days it is sooooo different.
 I like how poeple who were so active during the bitcoin crash are going silent these days.
Probably they will stay in their caverns waiting for another April or China.
zakalwe

Activity: 445
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 02:39:47 PM

Oh look, what a graph! Scary!

C'mon man, as said before in this thread we have seen this shit I guess one bitcoin time ( Cool).......

See you when it will be 10.000$

piramida
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1010

Borsche

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 03:56:38 PM

From now on, idiots posting this picture get instaignore. It was fun to reply first three million times, but now it's turning into blind idiocy since that graph has not once been even close to correct so far. *plonk*

i am satoshi
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
December 10, 2013, 09:40:55 PM

From now on, idiots posting this picture get instaignore. It was fun to reply first three million times, but now it's turning into blind idiocy since that graph has not once been even close to correct so far. *plonk*

Someday, it will. The price increases become less dramatic now that more money is needed for every order of magnitude rise. Eventually, that should also stabilize the market further. In fact, Bitcoin's resilience the last few days after a massive drop may already show this happening.

Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: